• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 53
Posts: 53   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6279 times and has 52 replies Next Thread
tyley

Re: Dragon's Nest Event Cade

but opening a new large in the garnet would
allow for a few SYs that could help build fleets for smaller flags
allow more of the map to be bought
it would allow for the garnet arch to be more "travel friendly" because you would have a place to stock up on rum and cannonballs that might be stocked at a reasonable cost unlike most of the arch

----------------------------------------
prince of MMW
[Nov 22, 2011 1:23:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Yeah that's great and all...

But Viridian doesn't have the blockade activity to support the opening of a large. Don't give me that, "But look at the blockades we had last weekend!" How often are weekends like that going to happen? Hardly ever. Look at what happened with Hadrian. Few weeks of intense blockades, then it was just kicked to the curb for UWS and other flags to trash.
Anchovia
[Edit 1 times, last edit by anchovygirl at Nov 22, 2011 1:36:53 PM]
[Nov 22, 2011 1:36:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

^
Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Nov 22, 2011 1:54:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

allow for a few SYs that could help build fleets for smaller flags
Really? There aren't enough 350k shipyards on Labby to satisfy that demand?
[removed by SOPA]
[Nov 22, 2011 3:03:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tyley

Yeah that's great and all...

But Viridian doesn't have the blockade activity to support the opening of a large. Don't give me that, "But look at the blockades we had last weekend!" How often are weekends like that going to happen? Hardly ever. Look at what happened with Hadrian. Few weeks of intense blockades, then it was just kicked to the curb for UWS and other flags to trash.

the island will have to be blockaded and for a few weeks flags will be fighting to stake their claim on it
prince of MMW
[Nov 22, 2011 3:06:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

You obviously missed the previous openings, once the Inn was up no one had interest on the island for a veryyyy long time; I'll guess this year will be 1-2 weekends of blockades tops assuming someone actually breaks appart and contests against Ksb which I doubt so it will be WoA vs BK and we won't see a blockade again on MP in a good year.
Roseh

[Nov 22, 2011 3:11:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

I already wrote this in Hunter parley, but I'll do it here too. A small flag is not going to win a large island, especially at an opening. The only way a small flag is going to get full control (as in, not an outpost) of a shipyard is if they buy one, and it looks like they already can at different islands.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Nov 22, 2011 3:13:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

Man, did this kid really argue pro opening with his major point being "we can build SY's on it"?

Yeah no, I could continue shooting holes in your arguement but shooting three legged deer is no sport for champions. You stick to trashing palaces and we can let the grown ups do the real decisions okay.
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Nov 22, 2011 3:15:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tyley

Man, did this kid really argue pro opening with his major point being "we can build SY's on it"?

Yeah no, I could continue shooting holes in your arguement but shooting three legged deer is no sport for champions . You stick to trashing palaces and we can let the grown ups do the real decisions okay.

keep going im interested but skip the part where you whine..... oh wait never mind i think your done then
and who said you were a champion i thought champions had high moral standards and that only trolls lived under the bridges so you dont qualify as a champion
prince of MMW
[Edit 2 times, last edit by tyley at Nov 22, 2011 3:30:33 PM]
[Nov 22, 2011 3:23:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

who said you were a champion i thought champions had high moral standards
You clearly didn't read his signature.
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[Nov 22, 2011 3:36:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tyley

who said you were a champion i thought champions had high moral standards
You clearly didn't read his signature.

i did thats what made me laugh his higher moral standards are pretty low
prince of MMW
[Edit 3 times, last edit by tyley at Nov 22, 2011 3:48:39 PM]
[Nov 22, 2011 3:40:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

This guy must've shared English teacher with Narci.

Oh also... hi guys, we trashed the entire island for lulz but you're the one trolling aight.
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Edit 5 times, last edit by warp11 at Nov 22, 2011 4:02:26 PM]
[Nov 22, 2011 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tyley

FAIL if your going to make fun of my grammar at least make a properly structured sentence for it
prince of MMW
[Edit 3 times, last edit by tyley at Nov 22, 2011 4:25:28 PM]
[Nov 22, 2011 4:20:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

FAIL if your going to make fun of my grammar at least make a properly structured sentence for it

3 edits later, still hasn't got it right...
Disengaged.

Dexade tells ye, "i m not talking to you and dont want your cookies!"
[Nov 22, 2011 4:31:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Disgraced

3 edits later, still hasn't got it right...

At least dusting the props only took a single effort.

Zing.
Bunnyspawn, prince of Coherent Insanity on Meridian.

Jdilla's wench on Emerald.
[Nov 22, 2011 4:46:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Opening MP would be nice to have the ability to port your ship and grab charts somewhere in lower SW Garnet, yeah sure that is great and all, but what most are concerned with is blockading. Basically what most have already said is that the island will almost never be contested.
Captainrich
[Nov 22, 2011 4:50:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Should open Lima for trashing imho.
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Nov 22, 2011 5:58:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

the island will have to be blockaded and for a few weeks flags will be fighting to stake their claim on it
Did you even read my post? Go read it again. Like I said, the same thing that happened with Hadrian will mostly likely happen with whatever island is opened. Just a few weeks of blockades and then nothing. How is a few weeks of blockades going to help Viridian? Before you answer, it isn't. Stop thinking short term and start thinking long term. If Viridian doesn't have enough blockade activity for the islands already opened, it's not going to have enough for another island, especially a large.

Like Roseh said, as soon as the inn is built, no one will care about the island apart from maybe to pave the crap out of it. That doesn't help anyone but the flag.
Anchovia
[Nov 22, 2011 6:40:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

Stop thinking short term and start thinking long term. If Viridian doesn't have enough blockade activity for the islands already opened, it's not going to have enough for another island, especially a large.

You throw your own argument against your point of view? I don't see a connection between no new island opening and more blockades. I however see at least 2 extra blockades for the inn or the sake of being ocean police.
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Nov 23, 2011 12:07:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Gee, 2 extra blockades because someone wants an inn. Yeah that's really going to help Viridian in the long run.

It's not about no island opening giving us more blockades, it's the fact that currently our island ownership turnover rate isn't that great because there aren't a lot of blockades. Having another large open just means another island which a flag will sit on and pave, that's not fun.
Anchovia
[Edit 1 times, last edit by anchovygirl at Nov 23, 2011 2:47:20 AM]
[Nov 23, 2011 2:34:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

And pave = more poe for some top tier flag or another, which equals tartfest, and should said flag have members in vp, they will dance in the flame. This will then encourage more flame, creating a nice strip of scorched earth in the middle.
This is where we burn the noobs who get in the way of the rise of the new Evil One and the Evil Ones opponents, the Resurrected SMA of Defiance against all that is evil in viridian.
And btw, viridian is so fricked up, it cant even beat itself. Always gotta have some bs from another ocean stickin their grubby paws in our affairs.
Cuz why use greenies when you can use alts and interoceanic superstars?
I mean, its just so duh!
LoLune

[Nov 23, 2011 8:28:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

And Mermaid's Purse will look like it has an STD.
Anchovia
[Nov 23, 2011 8:39:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Whats a little herp gonna hurt?
Baha, really though im anti-opening this year no worries.
LoLune

[Nov 23, 2011 10:46:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 53   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates