• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 68
Posts: 68   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6188 times and has 67 replies Next Thread
skater9029

In Regards to Several Outbreak Members

As many of you have noticed, RM has gone to war with Outbreak, as part of the agreement for the TLM 'cade. It's been pretty lopsided thus far, but overall my impression of the flag has been good. For the most part they're respectful when they lose, willing to talk with you on the dock and be civil, but a select few have left a bad taste in my mouth about this flag.

Members such as Beerded and Dreadtoker have been harassing me since the TLM blockade on Sunday about a frig I was navving round 2. I was on a 6 point cluster island side, won my 1v1 with the Outbreak frig I started the round against, but took heavy damage in the process (around 80%). I stayed there on points, but shortly after an Outbreak brig came over, and after upteen turns, was eventually able to sink me off. By the time the brig reached me, I was essentially DITW, going off the moves I had built up pre damage, and the one every two turns I was getting. After I sunk on the frig I received nasty tells from Beerded, which I haven't gotten permission to post. Turns out, Beerded wasn't even the one navving the brig, and I've had very good interaction with the navver of the brig. Since then it's been a near constant trollfest with promises of wagered PvP from both of them, with this yet to happen.

As a result of the actions of Beerded/Dreadtoker, I'm going to make sure Outbreak doesn't win another 'cade. Be it as a third party, or backing whoever they attack, I'm willing to donate ships and poe against this flag as long as Beerded and Dreadtoker remain in it.
----------------------------------------
Joncole
On all oceans.

Fixation officer chats, "I can ride the small ones, but the big ones scare the living crap out of me"
[Edit 2 times, last edit by skater9029 at Nov 17, 2011 12:54:50 PM]
[Nov 15, 2011 8:00:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Narcissag

Re: In Regards to Outbreak

Just mute them be more then them, the actions of two people's can't decide the future of 300 peoples.
Narci

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
[Nov 15, 2011 8:09:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
2NDSKY

As a result of the actions of Beerded/Dreadtoker, I'm going to make sure Outbreak doesn't win another 'cade. Be it as a third party, or backing whoever they attack, I'm willing to donate ships and poe against this flag as long as Beerded and Dreadtoker remain in it.

Oh come on. This is a new flag that actually wants to blockade, and your gonna 3rd party every single blockade of them because two members send you some tells? Don't see the point. How about you mute them?

This 3rd party crap is definitely not very helpfull.
Shadowie on Obsidian
[Nov 15, 2011 8:11:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

I'm really no fan of bad manners, and I'm sad to hear that 2 out of 300 (or 400?) people in Outbreak could not handle losing a blockade and a war while remaining good sportsmanship. But it happens. Almost all flags we have blockaded against, and been at war with (both with Vanguard and Legacy), have had individuals showing that kind of behaviour (some more than others, obviously). That's when you laugh at them, mute and go on with your business.

Following the flag around to "make sure that they never win a blockade" is a very bad reaction and that, if anything, is in-game bullying of a (new) flag. Outbreak are an independent flag with no strong ties to Legacy, even though we're friends and we currently support eachother, but I will personally do my best to counter the effects of your planned actions against the flag, if you actually go through with it.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Nov 15, 2011 8:28:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skater9029

As I had been promised a PvP by both of them, I've been reluctant to mute them, but I've done it now in game. As I've said, I have absolutely no problem with Outbreak, they're mostly nice guys, just a shame to see them support people with attitudes of those of Beerded and Dread.

As of now, I'm not pulling back my offer, but I reserve the right to in light of certain conditions.
Joncole
On all oceans.

Fixation officer chats, "I can ride the small ones, but the big ones scare the living crap out of me"
[Nov 15, 2011 8:40:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

I understand why you would be quite annoyed Jon, but I wouldn't count a few idiots as speaking for the whole. I am sure after reading this somebody in OutBreak will have a conversation with them about not being a Nimrod.

If they do not do anything about it and this happens again, then sure 3p all you want, it is their fault for keeping idiots in flag.
Captainrich
[Nov 15, 2011 8:44:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skater9029

I am sure after reading this somebody in OutBreak will have a conversation with them about not being a Nimrod.

If that's what comes of this thread, couldn't be happier. I really don't think these two are a good representation of their flag, and as I said, I've had mainly positive interaction with most of them. If the only things that comes out of this thread is those two learning manners or etiquette (or what DITW is), I'd be happy.
Joncole
On all oceans.

[Nov 15, 2011 8:50:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

3Ping every blockade OutBreak is in because of 2 of its members is petty. Don't stoop to the same level as those morons just because their idiocy has gotten to you.
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Nov 15, 2011 8:52:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
am1991

I understand why you would be quite annoyed Jon, but I wouldn't count a few idiots as speaking for the whole. I am sure after reading this somebody in OutBreak will have a conversation with them about not being a Nimrod.

If they do not do anything about it and this happens again, then sure 3p all you want, it is their fault for keeping idiots in flag.

I have had conversations all week with these "Nimrod's". I agree that their behavior is out of line, and they have admitted this. Especially Dreadtoker, A royal, has had you muted for a while Jon, and is trying his best to stay away. Ye are a very talented PvP'er mate, and the cade wf/wb sink thing was a slight fluke. We have had a respectful relationship during this you and I... But ye are to blame as well... With your Tournaments calling out or taking shots at Outbreak members, your attitude at chat circles, this forum post doesn't really make ye look like the good guy. Anyways.. Hope this Bologna between you and our flag ends soon..and I hope we can keep a mutual respect.

Thank Ye,

Sincerly, Tigerscar and the OutBreak Royals.
~Tigerscar Of Viridian~
Captain of the Crew "Uprising"
Founder/King of the Flag "Notorious"

[Nov 15, 2011 9:28:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Delinet

I agree that Beerded and Dread are douchebags, but their problems shouldn't be reflected in Outbreak's blockading, if they were Royals of course that would be a whole nother thing.

I think perhaps putting a bounty would be more suitable?
/Delinet

Senior Officer of Tapout
Lord of Knockout

Xpirate's pimp since est. September 2011
[Nov 15, 2011 9:31:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skater9029

Dread is a royal, and a bounty would do no good, I would sink them myself if they would ever go out.
Joncole
On all oceans.

[Nov 15, 2011 9:59:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
M_Cobain

That dread dude told me he never refused a pvp.

Why do we need a reason to 3p again?
Martobain

YPPedia improved with Tom Cruise the Elephant (who's my friend and buddy) catalogue!
[Nov 15, 2011 10:24:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chillii

Yeah, you need to calm down, if you can't handle receiving sour tells from a person after a cade, perhaps you should not participate, it's going to happen, get over it.
Chillii.
[Nov 15, 2011 2:01:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
benrenshaw

Am I the only person who sense's contradictions in the opening post?

Joncole goes to say how Outbreak are respectful after losing etc., however one or two people mean Outbreak cannot blockade. You need to start realizing what your saying before you get a hard-on every time an Outbreak ship is sunk.

It all starts with classification! :o

Edit/1: If you would like to PvP, I will happily wager 100,000 Pieces of Eights or so, send me a PM as I will most likely not be online. Thanks!
Captainben on Meridian
Basicx on Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by benrenshaw at Nov 15, 2011 2:21:47 PM]
[Nov 15, 2011 2:20:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skater9029

If you can't handle receiving sour tells from a person after a cade,.

If it had been one snide comment after the 'cade, sure I can deal with it, but talking near constant smack for 3 days after the fact on wrong information gets a little annoying. If you are interested in seeing logs, send me a tell in-game.
Joncole
On all oceans.

[Nov 15, 2011 2:25:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skater9029

Am I the only person who sense's contradictions in the opening post?

Joncole goes to say how Outbreak are respectful after losing etc., however one or two people mean Outbreak cannot blockade. You need to start realizing what your saying before you get a hard-on every time an Outbreak ship is sunk.

The reason I chose blockades was simple. Those two are the major contributors toward flag funds. Until something changes, I want to make sure they don't see return and their poe is being spent. I never suggested they can't blockade, I'm just going to do my all to "spice it up".

Edit/1: If you would like to PvP, I will happily wager 100,000 Pieces of Eights or so, send me a PM as I will most likely not be online. Thanks!

PM sent.

Edit: yeah yeah, double post.
Joncole
On all oceans.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by skater9029 at Nov 15, 2011 2:31:54 PM]
[Nov 15, 2011 2:30:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pillowfight1

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Pillowfight1 at Nov 17, 2011 9:07:52 PM]
[Nov 15, 2011 4:19:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rissarissa13

Joncole you are the most immature person I have ever seen on this ocean. YOU initiated all talking with ME, I didn't do anything to you. YOU talked shit towords ME and my flag, so I defended us, and you got butthurt and removed me from hearty list, so I asked why you did that. For some reason me defending my flag/flagmates makes you lose respect for me?

I said I'd pvp you when i got a new mouse, it had been one day, and you started blowing up 'OMG HE'S PvP DODGING OMGZoR OMG OMG OMG'.

It's funny how I'm the nimrod when you are the one contacting me talking shit, then come to the forums spinning it the other way.

Grow up kid, it's a game.

Let me guess Dreadtoker? Since Beerded likes to be a grammar correcting pirate. >.>
Riss -Sweet Surrender -Princess of Imperial Coalition - Meridian

But, even when our hopes give way to reality and we finally have to surrender to the truth, it just means we've lost today battle. Not tomorrows war. - Grey's Anatomy

[Nov 15, 2011 4:22:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
am1991

Joncole you are the most immature person I have ever seen on this ocean. YOU initiated all talking with ME, I didn't do anything to you. YOU talked shit towords ME and my flag, so I defended us, and you got butthurt and removed me from hearty list, so I asked why you did that. For some reason me defending my flag/flagmates makes you lose respect for me?

I said I'd pvp you when i got a new mouse, it had been one day, and you started blowing up 'OMG HE'S PvP DODGING OMGZoR OMG OMG OMG'.

It's funny how I'm the nimrod when you are the one contacting me talking shit, then come to the forums spinning it the other way.

Let me guess Dreadtoker? Since Beerded likes to be a grammar correcting pirate. >.>

Lol Rissa +1 .. Come On Dready.. Use English
~Tigerscar Of Viridian~
Captain of the Crew "Uprising"
Founder/King of the Flag "Notorious"

[Nov 15, 2011 4:23:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pillowfight1

Lol Rissa +1 .. Come On Dready.. Use English

Haha, you know what it's like to try to think/post when you've been up for less than 10.

I keep Joncole on mute, as he's quite annoying sending me tells all day, then coming to the forums trying to say I'm the one that's acting immature towords him.. Hmmm, hypocrite much?

Jon, I don't talk to you unless you initiate the conversation, so I really don't see how I'm the one constantly talking smack. Yeah, I joked about WBvWF after you were talking shit about my flag mates, but guess what, it was a joke! If your Frig was really Dead In The Water, anyone saying anything about it should not be a big deal to you, because YOU know the truth, right?
Ohwell...

Hey Jon, I'm sorry for what I've done, I'll be the bigger man here. Can we kiss and make up?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Pillowfight1 at Nov 15, 2011 4:38:25 PM]
[Nov 15, 2011 4:32:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Reeves90

Hey Jon, I'm sorry for what I've done, I'll be the bigger man here. Can we kiss and make up?

By stating the bolded part you invalidated the attempt.
~ Reeves/Rreeves ~
[Nov 15, 2011 4:47:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pillowfight1

Nah, it just gets old listening to him day in and day out.
[Nov 15, 2011 4:50:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
M_Cobain

You are an idiot.
Martobain

YPPedia improved with Tom Cruise the Elephant (who's my friend and buddy) catalogue!
[Nov 15, 2011 4:53:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pillowfight1

As many of you have noticed, RM has gone to war with Outbreak, as part of the agreement for the TLM 'cade. It's been pretty lopsided thus far, but overall my impression of the flag has been good. For the most part they're respectful when they lose, willing to talk with you on the dock and be civil, but a select few have left a bad taste in my mouth about this flag.

Members such as Beerded and Dreadtoker have been harassing me since the TLM blockade on Sunday about a frig I was navving round 2. I was on a 6 point cluster island side, won my 1v1 with the Outbreak frig I started the round against, but took heavy damage in the process (around 80%). I stayed there on points, but shortly after an Outbreak brig came over, and after upteen turns, was eventually able to sink me off. By the time the brig reached me, I was essentially DITW, going off the moves I had built up pre damage, and the one every two turns I was getting. After I sunk on the frig I received nasty tells from Beerded, which I haven't gotten permission to post. Turns out, Beerded wasn't even the one navving the brig, and I've had very good interaction with the navver of the brig. Since then it's been a near constant trollfest with promises of wagered PvP from both of them, with this yet to happen.

Erm, excuse me, I didn't talk shit about the Frig vs. Brig incident. If me and Beerded make you want to ruin OutBreaks 'Kades, should the people that read your post and think your a tool want to ruin RM's kades?
[Nov 15, 2011 4:53:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pillowfight1

You are an idiot.

Yeah, I am an idiot for defending my flag while Jon was trying to bash it.

I'm an idiot for trying to apologize and be the better person, even though he initiated it all, but I'm willing to put that aside and I'll forgive him if he can have the decency to do the same.

No reason to be mad on a game.
[Nov 15, 2011 5:00:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skater9029

should the people that read your post and think you're a tool want to ruin RM's kades?

As I don't speak for RM, I can't say, but it would be a rarity there isn't a third party flag involved in any 'cade anyway.
Joncole
On all oceans.

[Nov 15, 2011 5:01:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

You are an idiot.

I'm an idiot for trying to apologize and be the better person, even though he initiated it all, but I'm willing to put that aside and I'll forgive him if he can have the decency to do the same.

Saying "I'll be the bigger man here and apologize even though everything was his fault and he is too immature to admit it" isn't being the bigger man. That's being the patronizing man, trying to get the last word in while still attempting to look like the good guy.

Edit: It's the same reason that smiley faces and hearts on internet arguments just make you look stupid.
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by riku743 at Nov 15, 2011 5:19:14 PM]
[Nov 15, 2011 5:17:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pillowfight1

You are an idiot.

Saying "I'll be the bigger man here and apologize even though everything was his fault and he is too immature to admit it" isn't being the bigger man. That's being the patronizing man, trying to get the last word in while still attempting to look like the good guy.

Edit: It's the same reason that smiley faces and hearts on internet arguments just make you look stupid.

Just because I don't word everything to your liking, doesn't mean I'm not trying to do the right thing.

I apologize, Joncole.

Whether not you make an apology back, is your choice.
[Nov 15, 2011 5:25:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

Avienda wrote: 
Following the flag around to "make sure that they never win a blockade" is a very bad reaction and that, if anything, is in-game bullying of a (new) flag.
trololol

Regarding the OP, I think it is a bit of an overreaction. Just don't let some random guy get under your skin like that. If, as you say, he wants to talk a lot without backing it up, let him, it'll only end up biting him in the ass.
[removed by SOPA]
[Edit 1 times, last edit by kenjennings at Nov 15, 2011 5:36:14 PM]
[Nov 15, 2011 5:33:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Derko

You are an idiot.

Just because I don't word everything to your liking, doesn't mean I'm not trying to do the right thing.

I apologize, Joncole.

Whether not you make an apology back, is your choice.

If you seriously want to prove that he initiated and 'amg I'm totally teh victim here', let Jon post the chatlogs. And coming to VP with your capslock broken doesn't change anything, it just shows what a idiot you are.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Derko at Nov 15, 2011 7:20:10 PM]
[Nov 15, 2011 6:46:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    masterchief585@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 68   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates