• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4580 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Jennwor

Win the belongings of a Retired Pirate!!

Ahoy Pirates of Midnight!

After about a year of not playing this game I’ve realized I no longer have need of the things I acquired during my life as a pirate. My next question was what do I do with all this stuff? There are a few options, give it all away to friends, make tournaments with some of it as prizes, or have some sort of raffle. Well as I have found that I don’t and possibly never did have any really close friends on here that cancels out the first option. Second option gives only the “Elite” pirates a chance at winning and I do not find that to be the best option. Why should I let all this stuff go to pirates who already have or can buy all of this themselves? So that cancels that option. This leaves me at the last option, a raffle. A simple raffle is too hard to pull off since it is almost impossible to prove people are chosen randomly. Instead this raffle requires a bit of work. Below are the details of how to enter.

Raffle tickets are not being sold! No POE required to win!

Entry tickets are to be in the form of a written document stating why you (the entrant) should win. Send the ticket to me via e-mail to this address: xhexy@yahoo.com. Only tickets sent to this e-mail address will be considered valid.

Tickets should be in letter form with your Pirate Name listed at the top of the page. (I must know who to contact in game in order to hand out the prizes.)

All tickets must be received by: November 25th Midnight Game time.

Prizes will include everything from Renamed Ships to Clothing.

Winners will be announced on this thread November 27th between 8 am and noon Game Time. Prizes are to be handed out before 2 pm Game Time.

1st Place through 5th Place will be chosen

By participating in this raffle, you permit me to post your pirate name on this thread if you win any of the items.
[Nov 13, 2011 9:19:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thirtythree

Re: Win the belongings of a Retired Pirate!!

Second option gives only the ?Elite? pirates a chance at winning and I do not find that to be the best option. Why should I let all this stuff go to pirates who already have or can buy all of this themselves? So that cancels that option.
YAY!! something for us average puzzlers to win cool stuffs

are you giving away everything to just 5 winners?
may i submit my entry for raffle using forum private messaging instead of email?
[Nov 13, 2011 8:03:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jennwor

As of right now I am planning on splitting it 5 ways only, but it depends on how many people enter. I will not know if there will be more or less winners until after the deadline.

I would prefer all entries go to that e-mailbox as it has been set up for this purpose only. You do not need to use your real e-mail address if you do not wish to. Just do as I did and set up a free account somewhere for this purpose. Your real pirate name is required though.

Good Luck to all who enters!!
[Nov 14, 2011 7:14:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shadowwerss

sent my e-mail. pleaseee read the entire e-mail, though i will understand why you dont want me to be a winner. =]

good luck to everyone competing and its a great idea you have this way so that //almost// anyone can win the prizes.

--blockadejill
[Nov 16, 2011 9:28:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jennwor

I want to thank everyone who entered this contest. Some entries made me laugh, some touched my heart, and others reminded me why I decided to quit playing.

The winners are:

1. Delikate
2. Plunderville
3. Zarchi
4. Savanea
5. Thirtythree

I plan to be online on November 27th 2011 between 11 am and 1 pm game time. Please contact Xhex during this time to claim your prizes. (I will also see who I find online after this is posted to start handing out prizes.) If you are a winner and are not able to sign on during that time please email me at xhexy@yahoo.com to arrange a time that works for us both.
[Nov 26, 2011 2:48:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jennwor

Due to the fact that it has almost been two weeks since the end of this raffle, and one person did not contact me to accept their winnings they are being given to the next person on the list.

5. Thirtythree is being replaced by Doggbreath.

Doggbreath please contact me asap to accept these items.

Again thanks to everyone who entered this raffle.
[Dec 9, 2011 9:48:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icepyro13

why did u just give rich people more poe... find a greenie and hook him up
----------------------------------------
Mricey of Midnight Ocean
[Dec 16, 2011 8:50:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates