• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 40
Posts: 40   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2564 times and has 39 replies Next Thread
Jack
Developer

August 19 game update Reply to this Post

Arr! The release seems to be running smoothly now (knock on wood) and the (brief) release notes are up for your perusal:

http://www.puzzlepirates.com/news/releases/
----------------------------------------
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Jack at Aug 19, 2003 9:40:27 AM]
[Aug 19, 2003 9:40:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Ely

Re: August 19 game update Reply to this Post

Assuming everything is fine in a half hour to an hour (or so), should we expect the Treasure Fleet event to happen a little later tonight than expected, or on another day entirely?
[Aug 19, 2003 9:43:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Ely114 [Link]  Go to top 
Rengor

I've had alot of people showing interest in this event. I think it'd be a good idea to either postpone it so dial-ups have a chance to patch too.

Preferably another day. Perhaps even a weekend so european players can join as well? (given the potential size of this event).
-= SilverBeard of The Mad Mutineers =-
--=== www.madmutineers.com ===--
[Aug 19, 2003 9:49:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

Treasure Fleet Reply to this Post

If we can crack the release we'll have the event as planned, if a little delayed. If problems keep us down for a good while then we'll postpone. It'll go on a while, hopefully long enough for dialup users to pull down the patch (which isn't that big, anyway).
[Aug 19, 2003 9:51:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
muffy

delay? but... Reply to this Post

But I just ordered in Chinese food! Seriously, though, aye, we should delay until everyone is able to get on reliably, at the very least. But maybe later tonight is still possible?
[Aug 19, 2003 9:52:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
garf

aye, that would be *much* appreciated.

and .. honestly, before anyone complains about patch problems, i can only say im impressed that this be the first patch with more than a minute of patching problems ive seen in ypp. some other games are known to be unplayable for a day when patches come due to patch lag, crashs and similar, and those be already pay to play.
- Randal

[size=9]also Garf, Silvain and a few others
[Aug 19, 2003 9:53:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    garf+on+aim [Link]  Go to top 
aameul

garf wrote: 
aye, that would be *much* appreciated.

and .. honestly, before anyone complains about patch problems, i can only say im impressed that this be the first patch with more than a minute of patching problems ive seen in ypp. some other games are known to be unplayable for a day when patches come due to patch lag, crashs and similar, and those be already pay to play.

Hear hear, and in a beta to boot.

You guys do a great job, don't sweat it, just get everything ironed out.
[Aug 19, 2003 9:54:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
garf

hmmm.

seeing cleavers reply, im tempted to hope the patch makes more problems... aye, kinda egoistic, but at least im honest. ;)
- Randal

[size=9]also Garf, Silvain and a few others
[Aug 19, 2003 9:54:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    garf+on+aim [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

I be on a Dial-up..
and I must say,
With the new update system, I am haveing no problems getting the update, and the small following updates.
I think if the Ringers crack the problem there should be no problem getting on to play.
[Aug 19, 2003 9:55:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

Anyone have any ideas what will end up being in this realease aside from maps for sale (but the shopowners have no control over them and get no money), senior officer (I got promoted in the first 5 minutes :)), and I think slightly updated islands?
[Aug 19, 2003 9:57:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
tommy

It also looks like orders have been changed to indicate when they will be available in realtime, including the backlog of the shop.

I'm guessing it's only an estimate, but from what I could see in me own shop, it looks to be a fairly decent estimate.

Of course, the longer out your order be, the more off the estimate will be.
[Aug 19, 2003 9:59:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ely

iamnafets:

A summary of the new release will be made available here: http://www.puzzlepirates.com/news/releases/

The new notes are not up yet, but I'd expect them fairly soon after the server problems have been tackled.
[Aug 19, 2003 9:59:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Ely114 [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

Yes, I knew of that Ely...the backlog thing should be great especially since my shop never has one and hence it would look more attractive. CAN'T WAIT!
[Aug 19, 2003 10:01:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
Malice

Oie... i was on till the server went blam again :-\ any estimate on when it will be done?
~Axem~
[Aug 19, 2003 10:14:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Matthias

Aye, I've already seen some of the upgrades:

Most notably, there's room for the Ringers to add new oceans - there's an Ocean box, currently with just Azure. It seems we'll get three pirates per ocean, which means I may as well crack open some alts, as I was saving those slots for other oceans.

Also, it seems Managers are also on the shop screens.

I think the upgrade that will affect the game the most is being booted off within a few minutes of logging on, but I hope that's just patching issues.

I'm on dial-up, and the patch came over in a bite-sized download, so unless bigger things are planned for this release, there should be some new things to see and do for little cost.

Matt
I took my own advice.
[Aug 19, 2003 10:15:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RotlegLenny

is there a log for the ship's hold yet and who took out money?

What does the sr officer position get that the officer position doesnt, as far as privledges? Just a different category so you can set different pay?
[Aug 19, 2003 10:15:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Teirlap

Rengor wrote: 
I think it'd be a good idea to either postpone it so dial-ups have a chance to patch too.

To echo an above poster, I personally am on dialup, and for the first time in my eight month Y!PP 'career', the patch took less than an hour to DL (ten minutes or so, in fact).

I'm on the verge of joyful tears here.
Frederico del Mar, President of the Emerald Company
'Merchants and accountants by profession, the Company's men lived by the ledger and ruled with the quill.'
~ John Keay, The Honourable Company
[Aug 19, 2003 10:16:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

Senior Officer: This is what I was told/found out. Sr. Officers can appoint Pirates without the officers permission. I don't know if this was in the other release also, but you can now "assign rank" or "assign title" to any pirate in your crew (as a senior officer, possibly officer). If it's outside your jurisdiction, then it's sent to the captain with a comment that you can leave for approval. Interesting... Wonder if my captain would agree to me appointing myself captain? ;)
[Aug 19, 2003 10:23:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

The Booch Reply to this Post

So the release is still causing problems and I am inclined to postpone for tomorrow evening.

Sorry folks. Pants, as they say.

(Senior officers can appoint officers, indeed).
[Aug 19, 2003 10:27:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Gotagota

I believe the biggest and most requested new feature is they've finally gotten rid of that annoying guy "Fronsac." Just give him a DNS error any time he tries to even obtain the patch and your problems are over!

Har, I'm just complaining. Sounds like a fine patch indeed, and not only do I hope I can retrieve it soon, I hope everything goes smoothly...even if I am unable to connect!

Also...purely selfish reasons...I'd like to be around for the treasure ship event. So here's hoping it happens while I'm on!

[size=9]edit: I spel gud.
Fronsac, human.
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to
add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Gotagota at Aug 19, 2003 10:28:17 AM]
[Aug 19, 2003 10:28:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tipeon

Rengor wrote: 
Preferably another day. Perhaps even a weekend so european players can join as well? (given the potential size of this event).

6pm is 3am in France (GMT+2)
I would really like it to happen at a time some europeans can be here.

Nothing personal, as i have neither a job nor parents to keep me from being online at 3 in the morning.
[Aug 19, 2003 10:41:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kalvorod

To bad About the Booty Reply to this Post

To bad the whole sailing of cleaver was cancled. If only the release came out tommarrow. Will it be at the same time tommarrow? ( 9pm est)?

This is my first post :) woot!
[Aug 19, 2003 10:59:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

Timing Reply to this Post

Yep, 9pm EST 6pm PST. Arr.
[Aug 19, 2003 11:12:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Rengor

tipeon wrote: 
Rengor wrote: 

6pm is 3am in France (GMT+2)

Nothing personal, as i have neither a job nor parents to keep me from being online at 3 in the morning.

France is GMT+1 but that still makes it 3am for you. Just so people don't get confused.
-= SilverBeard of The Mad Mutineers =-
--=== www.madmutineers.com ===--
[Aug 19, 2003 12:00:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

tipeon wrote: 

Any weeknight event is going to have this problem, and unfortunately I can't run one this weekend (or next), but soon our lovely OceanMasters (or whatever we call them) will be able to run events, and as mentioned in that post, we intend to ensure that some of them run especially at funny times for those in ye olde worlde.
[Aug 19, 2003 1:10:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
tipeon

Rengor wrote: 
France is GMT+1 but that still makes it 3am for you. Just so people don't get confused.

Just so people do get confused: France is GMT+1 in winter, GMT+2 in summer.
[Aug 19, 2003 11:59:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BigW

People always forget that while most of us change with daylight savings time, GMT remains the same.
BigW, Captain of The Unmanageables
Explore Ruby - How many vacation days do you have left?
[Aug 20, 2003 12:02:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skipper

Nope, they do change.
[Aug 20, 2003 1:11:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jota

Could you cite a reference to back up your surprising assertion that GMT changes for DST?
[Aug 20, 2003 1:22:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.livejournal.com/users/grunk/2002/04/24/ [Link]  Go to top 
BigW

Well, I have been in USAF for 8+ years and have yet to see GMT change.

I think the confusion stems from that people think GMT means the local time in Greenwich, which does change with DST. GMT is however not affected by this and even Greenwich is one hour off of GMT for part of the year.
BigW, Captain of The Unmanageables
Explore Ruby - How many vacation days do you have left?
[Aug 20, 2003 1:27:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 40   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates