• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5535 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Soar

The Dawn Raids - Off Peak Regular Event

Ahoy Mates!

Being an off-hour pirate I often find meself lost for a voyage to join, and I reckon it'd be fun to hold a bi-weekly event for mates that find themselves in a similar circumstances. So with no ado what-so-ever, here be...

Hosted by The BlackWolf Marauders

What : Around 10 Viking expeditions back to back each voyage.
When : Every Wednesday & Saturday, loading will start at 3:30 AM game time (PDT- West coast USA I believe. Type /info in PP to see the current game time). A spectacularly horrible time slot for most, but perfect for the lone wolf crowd living abouts the same time zone as yours truly (Oceania, NZ, Australia, and Asia). I think we had forty people on in total at that time yesterday. The voyage will last around 2 hours from when we shove off, so for those playing close to, or on game time, ye will truly get to see the sunrise through the portholes.
Who : Most days meself, Tailspin, will be the skipper. Every mate awake on the ocean be welcome. Gunners, swordfighters, and rumblers be especially welcome!
Where : At some point in the future I'd like to regularly take out a longship as it fits with the theme better and it'd be fun to decorate with some Viking spoils as time goes on, but I don't think we will get so lucky with jobber numbers in the early days. So until the word gets around we be using a sloop and loading to only four or five pirates, depending on our average skills. As for the route, it will change about but we will usually be sailing between Emerald and Jet.
How (much will ye make?) : Come along and find out mate. Viking payouts are notoriously high when done right, and fast too.

**If ye would like me to save a spot for ye, please let me know yer pirate name in this thread or via forum PM. Just before loading, at around 3:20am game time, I'll send out a personal job invite to ye. Until we can upgrade to a longship and medium raids places will be very limited. Hopefully that won't be too far aways.

Look forward to riding those morning tides with ye mates! :D

Arbedar!
Tailspin
----------------------------------------
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Soar at Nov 9, 2011 4:44:21 PM]
[Nov 9, 2011 4:40:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

Re: The Dawn Raids - Off Peak Regular Event

Ahoy!

Thank ye to the mates who came out for a sail.

We got through 10 small maps in 2 hours and made about 10k each. Not as much as successful cit runs or a couple of hours at the poker tables, but still much fun was had by all. :)

We also went on a larger medium map run with 8 maps following the first voyage as more people were online by then.

Hope to see ye again this Wednesday mates!

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[Nov 12, 2011 7:09:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wrillz

I am very interested in this! Now I just need to remember to be online at this time lol.
Midnight Ocean - Wrillz
Cobalt Ocean - Wrill
Obsidian Ocean - Wrill

[Jan 10, 2012 1:41:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
darkseid

At some point in the future I'd like to regularly take out a longship as it fits with the theme better

Arbedar!
Tailspin

I'm not an off peak player myself so wont be joining you, I do hope you have fun though. I just feel I have to ask, why is it themed if you use a longship to go to a government controlled island to shoot and then ebat up a bunch of vikings in their longships? I understand the decorating with spoils, but this bit confuses me.
Darkseid, Cerulean.
Fleet Officer of Under the Black Flag.
[Jan 11, 2012 12:16:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates