• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 26
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2869 times and has 25 replies Next Thread
Tangosueno

Malachite and Ypp Appreciation thread.

For once, I just want to make a positive thread about our Ocean and just Ypp overall.

What do you appreciate and what are you thankful for on Mala and the game?

It can be people, items, or just the game play general.
Anything you can think of.
Anyone and everyone post please. I don't care if we're hearties or not, or if you don't even like me as a person. I want to hear why everyone enjoys our ocean and the game.
Only Positives.
No bickering.
No arguements about the ocean dying.

What makes you play Mala and what keeps you playing the game?
-------------------------

The Puzzles

Before I even learned how to carp, I could not finish a Jigsaw puzzle to save my life.
Carp helps me focus, and calms me down if I'm having a bad day. Same with Blacksmith, which I completely suck at, but I'm still learning.
Theres so many different puzzles you can try and find your strengths in.

The Events
When things are rough at home, I know I can just come on and Pilliage or SMH or CI and escape the hecticness of life for a little while.

The People
I love this little community we have here. Yes, not everyone gets along all the time, but you can't expect that. We've all known each other for a long time, even if we haven't really talked. We all know who the people are in our ocean. We all love it here and strive for the same goal, to save it. I am thankful for that.

I've met some of the greatest people on this game who have helped me through a lot of bad times in my life and have made this game so enjoyable for me. I can say if I hadn't met them, I don't think I would play as much as I do.

You know who you are.
I am thankful for each and every one of you.
----------------------------------------
Tangosueno in the Meridian~~
Gallo says, "I barely ever have to move it myself anymore"

[Nov 9, 2011 1:32:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taytaytatty

Re: Malachite and Ypp Appreciation thread.

The People

The wonderful people who play this game that help you learn. When i was running my first CI's i was failing completly, but the poeple i jobbed helped me get through it even though they knew they were wasting their time. Everyone who plays this game is absolutly amazing, especially on mala.
Native of Malachite

Ye have received 1 piece of eight from Asuras.
Asuras says, "tay for normal clothes :P not for alkohol xD"

Flag Website
[Nov 9, 2011 2:19:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

All that Tango said, with a focus on community.
Ions
Captain of the Pimps at Sea.

Avatars by Inghild, Yumisa ...and Imp.
[Nov 9, 2011 2:34:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
Jedra

I find that puzzles are genuinely harder on malachite - this is what first got me here, and it is still a great point about it. The average player on Mala is just better at the game than the average player on any other ocean...consequently, getting excellent/incred is more difficult, more satisfying and more fun.

What kept me here is the players. I go on Sage and they are arrogant pricks. On hunter and they are immature losers. On viridian and they think they own the world (and the are arrogant prikcks AND immature losers). Mala's players are FRIENDLY no matter what (or they were before certain politics... sorry that is my only foray into the negative); this is/was the best thing about malachite. I would rather play with people who just have fun playing the game with their enemies/friends than those who get pissed everytime they lose a SF.
Kaine, the Dreamer

Former King of Sick Man's Dream
Former Royal of Fill in the Blank
Former Royal of Utopia

Former Captain (any every rank below) of Wicked

Current drunken bum who occasionally posts when he's bored.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jedra at Nov 9, 2011 4:33:04 PM]
[Nov 9, 2011 4:32:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

I have had the privilege to meet some wonderful people in this game.

I have also had the privilege to meet some not wonderful people in this game.

Thus, I am thankful that the not wonderful people have pulled me closer to the wonderful people.

Also, the islands are rather charming and don't have thirty shoppes on them.
Emmett
[Nov 9, 2011 5:41:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yngve6

Only been playing this game since February. I started on mala but have played on all dub oceans since.
What keeps me comming back to Mala are the people. I like the small community so you can actually get to know most of the mala players.
I love that our ocean is small enough so I actually have a chance of memming the entire ocean :)
I love the fact that when I walk into an inn there is enough space to actually move my pirate around. Virid inns scare the hell out of me.
I love the fact that there are plenty of people in our ocean that actually care about the ocean. They will still run Smh's and pilly on big ships even though they are hard to fill. I guess we are no breed of quitters.
Inghild on Meridian
Yngve on Emerald
[Nov 10, 2011 2:29:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

What kept me here is the players. I go on Sage and they are arrogant pricks. On hunter and they are immature losers. On viridian and they think they own the world (and the are arrogant prikcks AND immature losers). Mala's players are FRIENDLY no matter what (or they were before certain politics... sorry that is my only foray into the negative); this is/was the best thing about malachite. I would rather play with people who just have fun playing the game with their enemies/friends than those who get pissed everytime they lose a SF.

):
Sincerely
[Nov 10, 2011 7:29:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

What kept me here is the players. I go on Sage and they are arrogant pickels. On hunter and they are immature losers. On viridian and they think they own the world (and the are arrogant pickels AND immature losers). Mala's players are FRIENDLY no matter what (or they were before certain politics... sorry that is my only foray into the negative); this is/was the best thing about malachite. I would rather play with people who just have fun playing the game with their enemies/friends than those who get pissed everytime they lose a SF.

):

Suck it Boyk haha!
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Kamuflaro at Nov 10, 2011 10:21:47 AM]
[Nov 10, 2011 10:21:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

What kept me here is the players. I go on Sage and they are arrogant pickels.On hunter and they are immature losers.On viridian and they think they own the world (and the are arrogant pickels AND immature losers)<--Kamu . Mala's players are FRIENDLY no matter what (or they were before certain politics... sorry that is my only foray into the negative); this is/was the best thing about malachite. I would rather play with people who just have fun playing the game with their enemies/friends than those who get pissed everytime they lose a SF.

):

Suck it Boyk haha!

I guess you missed something hahaha.

WINNING!
Sincerely
[Nov 10, 2011 10:31:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

What kept me here is the players. I go on Sage and they are arrogant pickels.On hunter and they are immature losers.On viridian and they think they own the world (and the are arrogant pickels AND immature losers)<--Kamu . Mala's players are FRIENDLY no matter what (or they were before certain politics... sorry that is my only foray into the negative); this is/was the best thing about malachite. I would rather play with people who just have fun playing the game with their enemies/friends than those who get pissed everytime they lose a SF.

):

Suck it Boyk haha!

I guess you missed something hahaha.

WINNING!

Don't have assets on any ocean anymore. I am more of a shore leave person than any ocean player.
She also forgot the Malachiteans, who think they are better puzzlers or even a better community than the other oceans when in reality they are not.
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Nov 10, 2011 12:21:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Slagar7

Mala was is first ocean i ever played, and although, like many others, i have ventured to other oceans on occasion, Mala always brings me back. The people here are amazing, patient, caring individuals that go out of their way to try to make sure everyone has a good time, often, regardless of stats or experience.

The islands are each uniquely beautiful, like small paradises, each one. I, myself, spend a lot of time just wandering and enjoying the calming scenes when there is not much else going on. (yes i am a sap lol)

Honestly i could probably go on gushing for a while.. but i think we all know what im going to say: mala is awesome, the pirates here are a wonderful mixture of personalities that keep things interesting, and i love everyone here..... even the pirates i dont like... i still love you all!

Pix on Mala
Lady of Argosy
[Nov 10, 2011 1:21:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

Can't say I really appreciate it, but it's probably a compliment to the ocean that once people leave the ocean they can't seem to resist the urge to post unhelpful comments in parley. Admittedly, there's a few locals also being obnoxious and their feeding of each other is somewhat unhappy-making.

The scoring curve is, for most of the puzzles I play, definitely more of a challenge on Malachite. I also like the community here. Less so on other oceans.

I do like the ocean setup without populated larges. I hope that once we weather the exodus of those who came purely for the blockade opportunities, the population of those who actually like the setup will improve and develop. Oddly, I'm even considering blockading - something I don't think I ever would have done on another ocean - although I still lack weekends in which to do so :/
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Nov 10, 2011 1:31:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

Yo Imp, is your avatar "The Nightmare before Christmas" inspired?
Sincerely
[Nov 10, 2011 2:02:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yngve6

Yo Imp, is your avatar "The Nightmare before Christmas" inspired?

Obviously the only thread you ever visit is mala parley.
Inghild on Meridian
Yngve on Emerald
[Nov 10, 2011 3:40:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

What? <.<
Sincerely
[Nov 10, 2011 3:51:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

Inghild is referring to the fact that it was an event entry. Apollo gave me a red rose for it. (he insists it's persimmon, but i know better). Yes, It's me as Sally. *points to sig*
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Nov 10, 2011 5:36:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mamabuns2

Not sure where to begin to not sound like the above posts.....

Everyone that knows me knows I love Mala. Even Boykeh who trys daily to get me to move to Hunter w/ him.

Mala has soooo many positives that they out weigh the negatives. I played for a short time almost 6yrs ago not sure what ocean I spawned on but it didn't keep my attention. I decided to come back to the game last yr spawned on Mala and I refuse to leave. Even on the days when I'm tired of the stupid arguments and the fact we cant fill a Frig for an SMH I nvr leave. Yes, I do play Hunter and Sage now and then, but that is mainly because the great friends I have made on Mala decided to move. Even w/ all the flag - flag arguments we still seem to pull together when needed.

Puzzling is awesome here, but I love the fact that the mates on Mala use their brains (for the most part). Kuddos to those that set most the Islands up (except for one in my Arc that I will not name, everyone knows which I speak of).

No matter what others say I believe that Mala will pull thru and stand strong.

Mamabuns on all Oceans ~ Mala is where my <3 is!!!

Queen of Sick Man's Dream
[Nov 10, 2011 11:27:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

The community on Malachite is just much nicer to be a part of than on Viridian. People here will actually let you fill before overjobbing, a much higher proportion of players can string two words together, random jobbers are usually capable of (and willing to be) playing the puzzles.

You can find good communities within certain alliance rings or flags on Viridian, but the ocean as a whole is far less friendly.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Nov 12, 2011 6:39:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Capndi

What do you appreciate and what are you thankful for on Mala and the game?

I appreciate having friends of all ages and all time zones who can suspend reality for a little while and be a pirate with me.
I appreciate that lots of people love me even though I sort of suck at all the puzzles.
I appreciate a world that exists whenever I feel like joining it. Early in the morning before the RL starts, in quick stolen moments during a busy day or at 3am when I can't sleep.
I appreciate the friends that seep through the pirate filter and become part of my RL.
I am thankful that Mala still exists for us even in its diminished size.

What makes you play Mala and what keeps you playing the game?

I play Mala because it is home to me. I spawned on Sage and then went exploring but I stayed on Mala because I found kindred spirits there.
I guess I play Mala because that's where I stow my stuff and that's where my people are. I keep playing the game because of the people. Some who cheer me, some who comfort me, some who are just too loony for words.
I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving and hope you have daily doses of whatever inspires you.
Love,
Niobetha
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Capndi at Nov 12, 2011 6:25:33 PM]
[Nov 12, 2011 4:17:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Funnytuq

Bobjanova wrote:

People here will actually let you fill before overjobbing,

Not entirely true, but, yeah, still much better than other oceans.

I don't play here anymore, adding my bit, even being mostly very close to the general opinion.

What I love (I still do) in Malachite is basicly how well people adapt and work with an ocean as small as Malachite, and how much they care for it and make efforts to improve it. This, even though it also happens on other oceans, is just much more noticeable here.

Also I play Hunter now and started to SF activelly, and another thing I really like on Mala is that if you win a game without having broke your opener first, you won't get called a lucker(Unless it's Shooligan you're playing). This might just because Mala has less people therefor having consequently less idiots, but still, it makes the puzzle much more enjoyable.
Bloonz on Malachite Emerald Obsidian heh
[Nov 14, 2011 11:15:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ice_devil

I'm happy for you and I'mma let you finish, but the Hamsterz appreciation thread was the best appreciation thread of all time. ALL TIME.
Hellacious/Hellaciouss/Defunct/Hamsterz
Capy tells ye, "I'm sorry... I don't know you well enough yet to allow you cam time!"
Plu tells ye, "screw you..Im interfering in every cade you ever contend&q
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ice_devil at Nov 17, 2011 3:25:25 PM]
[Nov 17, 2011 3:25:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jedra

I'm happy for you and I'mma let you finish, but the Hamsterz appreciation thread was the best appreciation thread of all time. ALL TIME.

No....

Just.... No.
Kaine, the Dreamer

Former King of Sick Man's Dream
Former Royal of Fill in the Blank
Former Royal of Utopia

Former Captain (any every rank below) of Wicked

Current drunken bum who occasionally posts when he's bored.
[Nov 17, 2011 3:57:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Poohb7

i love u mala ???
I give her that D, cause Doulber told me too.
[Nov 18, 2011 12:08:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doulber

Agreed
Official spokesman of Ade446.
Barnabas the Pale tells ye, "You made me literally laugh out loud."

-The D: Retired.

[Nov 19, 2011 7:30:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ice_devil

Agreed

Double speaks truth.
Hellacious/Hellaciouss/Defunct/Hamsterz
Capy tells ye, "I'm sorry... I don't know you well enough yet to allow you cam time!"
Plu tells ye, "screw you..Im interfering in every cade you ever contend&q
[Nov 26, 2011 6:57:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chilly8

I'm Thankful that there is no bickering at me when I screw up, but friendly reminders. Everyone is much Kinder on Malachite and more understanding. Even if you don't love a flag you know your ocean could not do without them. Everyone should respect everyone on malachite since we all stayed. They say it's a "dead ocean," but it's really not. The players who play, play all the time. They are 100% more elite on this ocean than any of those big oceans. I played Hunter for a year and a half and got nowhere. When I returned I was welcomed and some people (not all) were happy. I Love The Players Of Malachite.
-Not quite dead Malachite.
-Petedapirate <3

-Petedapirate on Meridian
-Petedapirate-West on Emerald
[Nov 27, 2011 12:34:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates