• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 66
Posts: 66   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6594 times and has 65 replies Next Thread
Empatheticly

Re: Dilemma's intent to crash a train into island sitters.

Requisiton. Antheas pulled out, then a 3P entered who raised the pay to 4.5k, then Antheas allied them. Pretty shitty way to end the blockade, lets put it that way.

Thats a crappy move.

Crappy move from a crappy flag. :)

Do any of you guys have any class at all? (Speaking to Dilemma)

Yes, I was one of the people that quickly logged back on Viridian to job for you guys when the 3p decided to face off. But the level of mudslinging you guys do after every cade is rather insane.

There is a time to see something is posted, realize the laundry has already been aired and let it drop.

I understand what you're saying, we do have class, but what they did was seriously rather low. You're right, we do mudsling a lot, but in this case the "crap" being thrown is truly necessary. We just call them as we see them.
In this case though, the people of Dilemma wish to see a fair cade scene, and seeing as Antheas cannot even fathom the manberries to finish what they started, rather than pay someone else to do it, is distasteful to say the least, hence the rather large mudslinging you see.
----------------------------------------
I do what I can, when I can.

- Empathetic,
Still playing, here and there.
[Nov 6, 2011 1:26:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

I highly doubt they paid Requisition to do it for them. It was probably a cost-cutting measure and a message of 'have at it' to the 3P. I can understand the desire to do such a thing (pulling out) when you're down 2-1 going into the long break. I think the nasty/low part of it is the fact that Antheas allied to the 3P which made it a clear proxy contest in R4.
[removed by SOPA]
[Nov 6, 2011 1:34:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

The main issue wasnt the 3rd party I think everyone was happy to have someone to play with however allie and bump pay to 5k is rather low, say whatever you want its called what is called low.. Now Antheas can have a taste of their own medicine.
Roseh

[Nov 6, 2011 2:01:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

The main issue wasnt the 3rd party I think everyone was happy to have someone to play with however allie and bump pay to 5k is rather low, say whatever you want its called what is called low.. Now Antheas can have a taste of their own medicine.

Hi, old bully, meet the new bully.
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Nov 6, 2011 2:05:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

I wouldn't really say anything that was said here was mudslinging. After a very well contended blockade, that was a very shady move to pull. Thats really all that was said. We are fine with 3rd Parties, it's something were going to have to get used too. I didn't really understand the neccesity to ally a 3P who rasied to 5k, still don't.

Not really a matter of class. There was what, 3 posts after the cade from Dilemma?

Edited: Clarity
Recruiting a 'Nagflar' character to hold my camel.
# Team Bacon Strips # SwagSauce # YOTO.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Whitehazed at Nov 6, 2011 2:21:14 PM]
[Nov 6, 2011 2:13:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Hey I am just here to teach some flags manners, don't hate.
Roseh

[Nov 6, 2011 2:14:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethonx

Told you so.
Aethonx- Meridian
[Nov 6, 2011 2:24:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Reeves90

I wouldn't really say anything that was said here was mudslinging. After a very well contended blockade, that was a very shady move to pull. Thats really all that was said. We are fine with 3rd Parties, it's something were going to have to get used too. I didn't really understand the neccesity to ally a 3P who rasied to 5k, still don't.

Not really a matter of class. There was what, 3 posts after the cade from Dilemma?

Edited: Clarity

Elfeesh made his point very clear in his two posts. It was obvious it was a low move, it was obvious exactly what happened. People understood the low turn the blockade had taken.

This was followed by two Dilemma members posting direct insults about the flag, making no logical contributions to any forms of discussion that had not already been made. There was also no comment from Antheas or Antheas supporters between your post and theirs; therefore, making it more of a piling on.

Making malicious attacks at a flag, even after the situation has been explained with no attempt for it to be justified is by definition Mudslinging.

Comments such as:

Crappy move from a crappy flag. :)

Hey man I don't blame them, I mean why would they want to waste all their money attacking Harm and not winning?

Again.

Hold no bearing in a logical conversation and are merely meant to tear the opposing flag down. Yes, they pulled a low move, but after the initial post from Elfeesh neither of these comments was necessary.
~ Reeves/Rreeves ~
[Nov 6, 2011 2:31:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Underhill25

Well when it was said last week that you will show us how you blockade. I am mightily impressed! Hey 3P do my work for me!

Hey Dilemma, didn't your flag entered Dendrite last weekend, allied with Annex and in a way, 3p-ed because so and so from Annex couldn't make the cade, etc.

If it is ok for you to do it, how come you are bitching about 3p now?

Isn't it funny how it is ok for you to 3p but not ok for someone else to 3p your cade? How you like paying 4m for a round? I honestly lol-ed. As long as you continue to be a flag of whiners and moaners, there will always be 3p coming to your cades. Your choice. Like what Reeves said, the almost of mugsling after each of your cade is amazing.
Coming back to YPP after a 2 years break..
[Nov 6, 2011 2:49:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WenchCleo

Well when it was said last week that you will show us how you blockade. I am mightily impressed! Hey 3P do my work for me!

Hey Dilemma, didn't your flag entered Dendrite last weekend, allied with Annex and in a way, 3p-ed because so and so from Annex couldn't make the cade, etc.

Isn't it funny how it is ok for you to 3p but not ok for someone else to 3p your cade? How you like paying 4m for a round? I honestly lol-ed. As long as you continue to be a flag of whiners and moaners, there will always be 3p coming to your cades. Your choice. Like what Reeves said, the almost of mugsling after each of your cade is amazing.

Pot, meet kettle...
Tikao of Viridian Meridian Ocean
Captain of Dark Horizon, Queen of Brink of Dawn

Martobain wrote: 
This thread is like a spanish soap series, I don't have a clue what they are saying and all the actors suck.

[Nov 6, 2011 2:52:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Underhill25

Pot, meet kettle...

Hello Tikao, long time no see. How are you? Still making your royals work their asses for you while you do nothing?
[Nov 6, 2011 2:57:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

We're not going to censor our flags opinions. There are individuals here, you shouldn't assume that when someone posts on the forums they post for the whole flag. Yes, Chillii should have been more responsible because he's a royal, but you can't classify what Empathetic says as a word of Dilemma.

In essence, what Dilemma members say does not equate to what Dilemma as a flag thinks. If you want to see what Dilemma as a flag thinks, look at the stuff we said on the IC thread (which admittedly we got a bit carried away with - myself especially) but not at the snipey one liners that individuals think.

Oh and Underhill, the only part of your post I feel obliged to respond to is:

Hey Dilemma, didn't your flag entered Dendrite last weekend, allied with Annex and in a way, 3p-ed because so and so from Annex couldn't make the cade, etc. If it is ok for you to do it, how come you are bitching about 3p now?

We entered that blockade as Annex - a new and very, very small flag - was paywarred off the board utterly. It's something that has happened to Dilemma as well, at Viridis vs Antheas and we didn't complain then. When flags are being pushed around someone should stand up for them, and that's all we did, and what Cairna rightly did at Viridis against us when we bumped pay. What happened this weekend is entirely different and should not be something that we see often.

The rest of your post is... amusing, I suppose.
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Nov 6, 2011 3:10:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Elliptic

I have only this thread to go on and I could've missed something, but I don't get what Imperial Coalition did wrong. If a third party wanted to fight on your behalf, why shouldn't you ally with them? I don't really see a problem even if IC had planned it. Is there something intrinsically wrong with third parties that someone can tell me about or did Imperial Coalition do something else?
"That is not how the question frames itself."

Wend, royal archophobe
[Nov 7, 2011 5:02:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

Antheas did a fake pull R3 and allied the third party. If you don't think that's messed up you're probably the kind of person that could consider doing such a thing.
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Nov 7, 2011 6:39:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Elliptic

Antheas did a fake pull R3 and allied the third party. If you don't think that's messed up you're probably the kind of person that could consider doing such a thing.

"If you don't think donating blood is messed up, you're probably the kind of person who'd consider doing such a thing." That second sentence only tells me that you disapprove; nothing more about what exactly you disapprove of or why it might be messed up.

So, it's still not clear to me what happened. It'd be good to know what kind of "fake pull" took place. If anyone tells an opponent they're pulling out, I'd say they should actually carry that out and discourage anyone from fighting on their behalf. I think to do otherwise would be to abuse a method of courtesy between players themselves. If Imperial Coalition only - effectively - switched flags, someone should explain why that's wrong.

Wend, royal archophobe
[Nov 7, 2011 7:16:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Underhill25

It's the leader(s) of RAF.

They are the ocean police. They are the ones who determine who is right and who is wrong. They dictates what's ok to do and what's not ok to do. They tell flags who is right and who is wrong. Whether it is right to raise pay or not.

It is ok for dilemma to 3p but it's not ok for others to 3p their cades.

It's ok for them and their hearties or crewbies or flaggies to spin shit but not ok for their opponents to do likewise back to them.

They self proclaimed to be righteous, all for fair cades and then you have all the double standards. Like Dahlgren navving a brig to catch an Antheas's brig on the way to port from CI. A dude with enough pvp experience vs a newbie on the helm of an Antheas's brig.

Fair play RAF? Fair play my butt and the biggest faker is Dahlgren himself. He is always contributing to the spinfest with the new flag of moaners, Dilemma.
[Nov 7, 2011 7:30:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Since you keep refusing to read let me point out a couple of things for you:

1- Antheas not Imperial Coalition.
2- The had pull out; good game was said, jobbing offer removed and jobbers left.
3- It was said before I don't think anyone is unhappy about the third party itself its always fun to have someone to shoot at however fake pulling out just so Dilemma loses jobbers coming back 20 before R4 starts and force it to 5k is not the best way to end a blockade were both parties worked so hard to keep it even and fun.

Edit: The horror how dare you Mister Highermoralgren attack a brig that has 26 jobbers with a brig that has what was it? 17? The horrorrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Roseh

[Edit 1 times, last edit by MimiLinda at Nov 7, 2011 7:36:46 AM]
[Nov 7, 2011 7:32:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethonx

R3 Antheas pulled out, dismissed jobbers, etc. Round 4 was jobbed for and entered by the 3P. Antheas allied said 3P in order to score a free win. "Wrong" Is a matter of opinion. It is however frowned upon to piggyback and outsource a blockade to an alt flag that intentionally paywars the board to double-triple the current cost after pulling out. The general belief is that it's a cheap tactic to fake being defeated. A tactic still, but no less cheap. Personally I still don't care. My personal feeling is, it works both ways, and should be dealt with accordingly. I'm just happy to see blockades taking place.
Aethonx- Meridian
[Nov 7, 2011 7:33:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

Firstly it was nothing to do with Imperial Coalition, this thread was just pretty much hijacked as there was no Antheas offence or defence thread.

Antheas fought the first 3 rounds, lost two, so pulled out. However an alt flag, namely requisiton, came in to round 4, paying a substanitally higher amount of poe (4.5k). The annoyance was that Antheas then allied said 3P despite having pulled out of the blockade. Probably to burn our poe a little more, get more ships sunk etc, despite a well-contested blockade. The 3P already stated that they had no intent to win the round, (I do have these logs), so it was nothing more then a poe bleed, which we saw as fairly pathetic.

Hopefully that clears up the questions, if not drop me a PM and ill answer them there,

Edit:Combo sniped,

Edit 2: As I have no interest writing out another reply (unlike last week), Underhill if you make an effort to read Elfeesh's post youll see exactly how the events have nothing in common. The day you try to make a legitimate post, ill make an effort to answer it.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Whitehazed at Nov 7, 2011 7:37:00 AM]
[Nov 7, 2011 7:33:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Underhill25

Firstly it was nothing to do with Imperial Coalition, this thread was just pretty much hijacked as there was no Antheas offence or defence thread.

Antheas fought the first 3 rounds, lost two, so pulled out. However an alt flag, namely requisiton, came in to round 4, paying a substanitally higher amount of poe (4.5k). The annoyance was that Antheas then allied said 3P despite having pulled out of the blockade. Probably to burn our poe a little more, get more ships sunk etc, despite a well-contested blockade. The 3P already stated that they had no intent to win the round, (I do have these logs), so it was nothing more then a poe bleed, which we saw as fairly pathetic.

Hopefully that clears up the questions, if not drop me a PM and ill answer them there,

Edit:Combo sniped,

So, ya said that it is ok for Dilemma to allied Annex and try to win at Dendrite with P4P and co, but it is not ok for Antheas to ally a 3p?

What logic is that? Oh, is it because you and your flaggies are hearties and were naving for Annex and so it makes it okay?
[Nov 7, 2011 7:37:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

Let me explain to you the difference, despite multiple week of forum posting, you still don't seem to comprehend this.

Annex, a new flag, 500k in the poe funds, being forced to start pay at 1.8k in a sinking blockade (they are going to get battered). As such, us and P4P decided to enter a few ships, as we could afford the poe being enforced onto Annex and we could level out the playing field so there was not a massive outshipping.

Antheas v Dilemma, from what I heard, a very good blockade. Antheas pull out and say good game before any 3Ping has taken place. The 3P then begins to load at 4.5k/seg, if it wanted some fun, we would gladly have given it a game, we would prefer an active fight over a flagsit anyday. But unlike Antheas, the 3P didn't give a crap about the pay, or care if they outjobbed by 100 odd, therefore it was a shady move (in our opinion). As Elfeesh said, at Viridis 2 for example, we raised pay to 2k, Antheas could not afford to match, so Cairna came in on their side. We didn't have much to say after that, as we saw it as a fairly decent spur of the moment assumption to make (us pay-warring them of the board, despite not being our intention).

The day you find us deliberatly outjobbing our opponents, we will fully expect the 3P. I hope you can finally see the difference between the two, despite the trolling nature.

And no, it has nothing to do with hearties, if it happened to any flag in the same position as Annex, and while we had the people and poe to do so, we would have entered the same way.

As I have tried to give you a legitimate response, despite you not really being worthy of one, I would appreciate if you did the same.

Edit: To make this extra clear to you, we fully expect to be hit at Moab within the next few weeks by a flag similair to Annex. Perhaps it will be easier for you understand and compare when you watch.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Whitehazed at Nov 7, 2011 8:01:43 AM]
[Nov 7, 2011 7:50:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Underhill25

Let me explain to you the difference, despite multiple week of forum posting, you still don't seem to comprehend this.

Annex, a new flag, 500k in the poe funds, being forced to start pay at 1.8k in a sinking blockade (they are going to get battered). As such, us and P4P decided to enter a few ships, as we could afford the poe being enforced onto Annex and we could level out the playing field so there was not a massive outshipping.

Nice spin bro.

The way I see it, the main reason why pay started at Dendrite at 1800/seg was because of Annex's attempt to piggyback on P4P's drop on Hadrian in hope of getting a free isle. Fair cade? However, Shady pulled out after Round 1, so naturally, IC had the jobbers incline. And TBC, being an ally of IC was defending Dendrite from IC. Make sense so far?

Dilemma and P4P entered Dendrite to 3p for their own fun, don't try to say that your trying to even the odds. However, things got ugly and you decided to ally Annex in the middle of the cade and tried to raise pay to catch up. Things didn't go to plan and Annex lost, so you have to find an excuse, someone to blame, so you started a shitfest on IC. Am I right? I know, that's because I was on a Dilemma ship.

And no, it has nothing to do with hearties, if it happened to any flag in the same position as Annex, and while we had the people and poe to do so, we would have entered the same way.

As I have tried to give you a legitimate response, despite you not really being worthy of one, I would appreciate if you did the same.

After each cade, your royals will have something nasty to say rather than good game, etc. As such, as long as your royals try to sling mud on others, I will try my utmost to make sure your mud doesn't stick. I know how you and your royals work. After all, I used to be from your flag but I guessed I got sick of your BS.
[Nov 7, 2011 8:12:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

Few things to get straight, I have no intention on 'spinning' were going to get hit for the way we play the game. If I wanted to spin, I would try and preach the ethos that most other seem to abide by, or one that would gather us the most support. From actions ingame, we choose not to do so.

If you seriously think we started a shit fest as a response to our failed two ship challenge, your an idiot. Simply. That is completley illogical,

As for the royals part, that is simply wrong. We will use Moab as an example, because that is the 'best example'. 5 rounds of sinking ships, on an even platform with a flag willing to do the same. Despite us getting hit hard (we lost a large number of ships), we didn't complain at all.

Your right, when you hit Dilemma you end up hitting a group of Royals that are regulars on the forums, and prefer to use a method of actions and speech to speak our mind. We go over-board sometimes, I think that much is evident.

But clearly I am wasting my time, judging by your other posts against us, I won't bother typing any more responses.
[Nov 7, 2011 8:24:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

You should see the amount of mudslinging between me and any of: feesh haze richeh.
Its insane. They must hate me and only pretend to be my friends. And they definately take things way tooo seriously.

on another note, can someone explain why I laughed when I read:

Boohoo, dilemmas a flag of meanhearted, self-righteous, mudslinging moaners.
?
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Nov 7, 2011 8:26:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethonx

Also underhill is some sort of forum superhero to defend all who have mud slung on them.

Honestly anyone who has their mind made up before the trigger event even occurs is pretty much not worth engaging.
Aethonx- Meridian
[Nov 7, 2011 8:29:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Also underhill is some sort of forum superhero to defend all who have mud slung on them.

Honestly anyone who has their mind made up before the trigger event even occurs is pretty much not worth engaging.

I like to groom our pet idiots.
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Nov 7, 2011 8:36:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
visioon

Let me just start off by saying i'm not a dilemma goon even though i am in the flag and enjoy the way they interpret right and wrong.

Your claim that all my royals can do is sling mud is quite weird, since i believe my flag attacked IC at windward vale this weekend. They had the superior strategy, captured more points and won 2 straight rounds. I clearly must have missed the mudslinging of that blokade, because for all i know we lost quietly and put it to rest.

Also, how would you know how the royalty team works better than anyone else here on the forums. It seems the only conversations i catch are mature content, cadesimming spam and inflag rivalry (and how cute marto is, as of late ...). I quite clearly believe what they tell everyone in the flag is the same as what they say on the forums.

I would, as an independent forum reader, very much like you to convey your grudges about dilemma royals to them rather than on the forums where they are neither constructive nor entertaining.

Thank you
Just passing by, no funny or smart quotes here.
[Nov 7, 2011 8:36:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Elliptic

MimiLinda wrote: 
Since you keep refusing to read let me point out a couple of things for you:

1- Antheas not Imperial Coalition.

Welp, I knew that. Sorry, everyone - brain-glitch.

2- The had pull out; good game was said, jobbing offer removed and jobbers left.

Nobody had mentioned the bolded part before. My last post said that I think if you went ahead and announced you're pulling out you should stick to that.

3- It was said before I don't think anyone is unhappy about the third party itself its always fun to have someone to shoot at however fake pulling out just so Dilemma loses jobbers coming back 20 before R4 starts and force it to 5k is not the best way to end a blockade were both parties worked so hard to keep it even and fun.

It wasn't said before that they had told Dilemma they were pulling out. Without that important piece of information, it looked like Dilemma could just be complaining about allying with a third party, which is a completely separate issue.

I'd be careful of saying they deliberately faked the pulling out in a pre-meditated fashion. Did Moonshine? No. The problem in both cases is that a flag said they were going to do something and then did something else. There'd have been no problem in either case if they're just said nothing.

The Antheas/Imperial Coalition mix-up was immaterial to the question of the behaviour, which was why it happened. Your other points are not supported by the thread's content. Don't accuse me of "refusing to read" so readily. Even if I have missed something, the suggestion of bad faith is unnecessary, unwelcome and unjustified.

---

Underhill, if Antheas said they were pulling out, there should have been nobody scoring any more points for them. The third party isn't really a relevant point of comparison with other blockades, as Dilemma would have equal cause for complaint had Antheas returned to the blockade with their own flag. If Annex told someone on the other side they were pulling out and then allied to a flag going in, you should mention that, but the 3P stuff doesn't figure much in itself.

edit: be complaining

Wend, royal archophobe
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Elliptic at Nov 7, 2011 8:47:55 AM]
[Nov 7, 2011 8:46:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Well you are not reading; there is a post in this thread by Antheas royal saying good game as they pulled out, all the information you needed was here.
Roseh

[Nov 7, 2011 8:49:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
2NDSKY

After each cade, your royals will have something nasty to say rather than good game, etc. As such, as long as your royals try to sling mud on others, I will try my utmost to make sure your mud doesn't stick. I know how you and your royals work. After all, I used to be from your flag but I guessed I got sick of your BS.

If it makes you feel better, I send Aaronmann a good game after they had pulled out end R3. However he didn't send one back. :'(

In my personal opinion, the only thing that shouldn't of happened was the 3p starting pay at 3K. We matched, they raised to 3.5K. Then I lost track of it, but it ended at 4.5K. How exactly it's mudslinging bringing up such a tactic is beyond me, forums are made to share opinions on discuss stuff that happend ingame. If you can't handle it, don't read it.

Edit: Apparently the 3p raised to 5K after we watched 4.5K.
Shadowiie on Emerald
[Edit 2 times, last edit by 2NDSKY at Nov 7, 2011 10:15:59 AM]
[Nov 7, 2011 9:55:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 66   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates