• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 46
Posts: 46   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5145 times and has 45 replies Next Thread
Jedra

Is anyone else...

...really really bored of every post being about "the good of the ocean" and every thread descending into bitching between FiB/SMD and Argosy/EI?

Cause its really starting to get old.

I leave you with the following new topic...

Kittens... aren't the cute?

Dawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
----------------------------------------
Kaine, the Dreamer

Former King of Sick Man's Dream
Former Royal of Fill in the Blank
Former Royal of Utopia

Former Captain (any every rank below) of Wicked

Current drunken bum who occasionally posts when he's bored.
[Nov 4, 2011 7:34:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

Re: Is anyone else...

It is a parley forum. Just because you are no longer involved does mot mean that it should stop because you'd rather look at cat pictures.

Its the state of politics at the moment. If you don't like it, use your royalty spot as a tool, rather than a signature.
Emmett
[Nov 4, 2011 12:57:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
totoiseshell

Go look at any other parley.
Inum

Castor says, "No, no! You don't know the secret doohickeys!"
Castor says, "You'll blow up the server!"

Galene says, "I'll trade it to Inum, she can sort it out later! :D"

[Nov 4, 2011 2:33:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ice_devil

Dis puzzle pirates be srs biznus ya'll!
Hellacious/Hellaciouss/Defunct/Hamsterz
Capy tells ye, "I'm sorry... I don't know you well enough yet to allow you cam time!"
Plu tells ye, "screw you..Im interfering in every cade you ever contend&q
[Nov 4, 2011 4:36:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jedra

Its the state of politics at the moment. If you don't like it, use your royalty spot as a tool, rather than a signature.

I was actually using cat pictures as a tool to point out the ridiculousness of this state of politics.

It wasn't that long ago on malachite that even rivals were friends. Blue Ice was always FIB/SMDs opponent even though we got on swimmingly. This was, at least to my mind, one of the things that made it so much better than other oceans.

Now, everywhere I look its people mass de-heartying flags, perpetuating wars because they hate their opponents, calling names in every single post... not to mention the constant doom mongering about how everything's going to die (ever heard of scaring yourself into a recession?)

You'll note a lot of people that are still playing and used to post in the parley forums aren't posting at all. I'm hardly surprised. I can't speak for everyone, but nothing makes me want to start playing properly again less than the current state of "politics" on Malachite. I can only imagine who else might feel the same way

PS.. Happy?
l l
l l
\/
Kaine, the Dreamer

Former Royal of Utopia

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jedra at Nov 5, 2011 3:56:52 AM]
[Nov 5, 2011 3:55:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

I can only imagine who else might feel the same way

*raises a hand*

Kaine.... :(
I miss you. Hate that.
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Nov 5, 2011 4:08:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SaviourS

Feline related posts suck.
Saviour, Meridian
[Nov 5, 2011 5:10:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

Feline related posts suck.

Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Nov 5, 2011 8:25:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mamabuns2

*raises a hand*

I miss you. Hate that.

I second this!!!

Emmett I can say this now and not have it bite me in the arse GET OVER YOURSELF, please and thank you!!! You sir in no way are trying to save Mala. You only want what is best for Emmett and do not care who crosses your path. Kaine is very much still involved w/ my flag. Shows that you know nothing of what goes on in SmD as much as you think thought you do did and there for I tell you again, the mates of FiB that I trust have and always will know what is needed to be known of the going ons in my flag and I plan that it stays that way. So, the next time you decide to attack a royal of my flag on the forum please take your own advice (if you can) and come to me before posting. ;) Kkthxbi

This post is no offence to any other amazingly wonderful member of FiB I love you all and you know this!!! I have held my tongue long enough. Sorry <3
Mamabuns on all Oceans ~ Mala is where my <3 is!!!

Queen of Sick Man's Dream
[Nov 7, 2011 12:43:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

*raises a hand*

I miss you. Hate that.

I second this!!!

Emmett I can say this now and not have it bite me in the arse GET OVER YOURSELF, please and thank you!!! You sir in no way are trying to save Mala. You only want what is best for Emmett and do not care who crosses your path. Kaine is very much still involved w/ my flag. Shows that you know nothing of what goes on in SmD as much as you think thought you do did and there for I tell you again, the mates of FiB that I trust have and always will know what is needed to be known of the going ons in my flag and I plan that it stays that way. So, the next time you decide to attack a royal of my flag on the forum please take your own advice (if you can) and come to me before posting. ;) Kkthxbi

This post is no offence to any other amazingly wonderful member of FiB I love you all and you know this!!! I have held my tongue long enough. Sorry <3

I suppose this makes as much sense as your desire to blockade Fugu. Didn't SMD promise to blockade every week?

Kaine does nothing. Just because your flag does nothing as well does not mean that this qualifies as being active.

I leave the Nightshade island news that asks people to bring gifts to Mamabuns as I rest my case.
Emmett
[Nov 7, 2011 6:23:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

Emmett wrote: 
Didn't SMD promise to blockade every week?

When/where exactly did they promise this?
Sincerely
[Nov 7, 2011 7:52:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
totoiseshell

*raises a hand*

I miss you. Hate that.

I second this!!!

I suppose this makes as much sense as your desire to blockade Fugu. Didn't SMD promise to blockade every week?

Kaine does nothing. Just because your flag does nothing as well does not mean that this qualifies as being active.

I leave the Nightshade island news that asks people to bring gifts to Mamabuns as I rest my case.

Why are you being so discouraging when you're claiming to promote blockading?
Inum

Castor says, "No, no! You don't know the secret doohickeys!"
Castor says, "You'll blow up the server!"

Galene says, "I'll trade it to Inum, she can sort it out later! :D"

[Nov 7, 2011 9:04:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

The premise of SMD's creation was to bring blockades back to an active level- Creation of SMD

By saying that SMD "promised blockades every week", I am trying to lay out a point. The point is that SMD no longer hosts an active amount of blockades, and have switched to defensive, rather than offensive, tactics. I was simply under the impression that SMD blockaded for the sake of blockading, which I feel is no longer the case.

Edit-
I'd mention the fact that the Nightshade palace places a higher buy price for hemp than stalls, then resells it for one poe more, which also goes against their promise of fair prices, but no one seems to care, heh.
Emmett
[Edit 1 times, last edit by monstersoda at Nov 7, 2011 9:09:09 AM]
[Nov 7, 2011 9:07:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mamabuns2

The premise of SMD's creation was to bring blockades back to an active level- Creation of SMD

By saying that SMD "promised blockades every week", I am trying to lay out a point. The point is that SMD no longer hosts an active amount of blockades, and have switched to defensive, rather than offensive, tactics. I was simply under the impression that SMD blockaded for the sake of blockading, which I feel is no longer the case.

Edit-
I'd mention the fact that the Nightshade palace places a higher buy price for hemp than stalls, then resells it for one poe more, which also goes against their promise of fair prices, but no one seems to care, heh.

Well, as you so kindly told me during one of our meetings was that Mala could not support one flag holding 3 islands. As FiB won Drogeo back I held my tongue to say hmmmm very interesting. I would love to cade every weekend, but it is to the point now who else do I cade my official alliance, my unofficial alliance and great mates, or Argo? We have not fell from the cading dream it just seems our plans have had a mild stepping stone when FiB won Drogeo and then Zuyua. We also sell our hemp higher on NS for a reason. Mr. Govenor can you please tell these fine people why that might be???

Well, could it be the fact that it spawns on the Island??? that might be it and as anyone that runs a shop knows buying bid tickets the price will be different from time to time. So just because it is 6 PoE/ unit now does not mean it will be that tonight or tomorrow. It could also be the fact that shop owners have their hemp for sale also and we do not want to take from them making PoE.

Next question please Emmett :)

Edited: To add the following and as always BECAUSE I CAN ;)
Once again this is in no way directed at FiB or any fine and amazing member of this awesome flag.
Mamabuns on all Oceans ~ Mala is where my <3 is!!!

Queen of Sick Man's Dream
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Mamabuns2 at Nov 7, 2011 9:31:53 AM]
[Nov 7, 2011 9:25:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mitchie101

At least he speaks up and tries to make a change. Some people go behind your back.
Mitch on Obsidian.
Mitchiie on Meridian and Emerald.
[Nov 7, 2011 9:51:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tangosueno

Edit-

They did not promise blockades every weekend. They said they would start cading the following weekend. Seems you were trying to distort that, how surprising.
By the way, how is trying to bash SMD helping the ocean? I'm just curious.

Here is what they promised.

We leave FiB with a heavy heart and a promise; starting next weekend, PVP cades will be back to stay on Malachite.

We give you the following commitments:

1) Fair offensive cades to flags who deserve it (warning will be given, pay caps will be offered).
2) Terms offered on any defensive cades we may have in the future for flags that treat us as we would treat them.
3) Well managed islands, with fair prices that don't make you pay through the nose.
4) Advice to any new flags trying to break into the blockading scene.

We don't intend to let it ever get so bad that we go months without cades again.
-----------
They caded in September.

Plus the fact they've supported FIB, the flag you're still in, in every cade we've had.

Please go on picking and choosing which things you can distort and throw out there to try to make SMD look bad, its really working for you.

Apparently higher hemp prices are killing the ocean now by one poe.
-----

So again I ask, how is bashing SMD helping the ocean? I could pick and choose things I don't like about you, but it wouldn't be helping anything, would it?
Tangosueno in the Meridian~~
Gallo says, "I barely ever have to move it myself anymore"

[Nov 7, 2011 9:58:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

I feel like I have made it clear that I want people to blockade us, and have suggested Zuyua as an easy target for a flag that wanted minimal risk. Our current holdings are not intended to be perpetual. Drogeo had to be blockaded to end a corrupt system, and I feel like the system that I have once again implemented is far superior to it.

Why can you not blockade FitB? What happened to blockades being fun and not political grudge matches? It is not fun to have to crank up rhetoric when blockading EI, anyone would agree when I say that a fun blockade is fun. Loosing an island sucks, yes, but I only feel bad when I know the island is in bad hands. Do I agree with how you run islands? No. But would I worry about you renaming buildings in a petty way? No.

You sell hemp at a higher price to make poe for your flag. That's a terrible reason. Rather than outbuying stall owners, you should have a low buy price, move in hemp, and sell it from the palace at a decreasing price to allow stall owners a reserve at a low cost. This I have done with all basic commodities on Drogeo.

Hemp prices only swing wildly when there are problems. If your flag implemented the above suggestion, no problems would arise. I say this because prices in Komodo have remained stable for a majority of the time, and wood only fluctuated wildly on Celesta when the islands were in upheaval. So at the moment you are ripping off stall owners, prices are low now, yet you are making them higher. This in turn will drive up bid prices and justify your solution to a problem you have created.
Emmett
[Nov 7, 2011 11:10:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

Why can you not blockade FitB?

On a more serious note, yes this has happen before, but palski, you're stretching your argument further than usual.
Sincerely
[Nov 7, 2011 11:28:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Angelique82

You sell hemp at a higher price to make poe for your flag. That's a terrible reason.

Ahoy! Stallmogul and commoditie director Ever speaking.

I know you are just trolling, and I doubt anyone actually believes anything you say, but for the ones who take you serious here we go....

I have set all prices on Nightshade, therefor if there is anything that anyone thinks isn't fair what we are doing speak to me, Ever.

That sorted I will explain you some basics about the market.
The reason why I decided to have it at that price is because I want the weavery-stall owners to be able to buy cheap hemp. I succesfully got the sell price from 14 PoE to 8 PoE within a few days. This allows stall owners not only to get their hemp a lot cheaper, they also get their needs faster. Once the hemp price (read: market-bidding price) lowers; we will lower the buy price and obviously the sell price too.

Here goes my hemp money making scheme :( man I already made 1.326 PoE with that!!!
Meridian: Ever
Emerald: Everlasting
[Nov 7, 2011 11:47:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Angelique82

Why can you not blockade FitB?

xD
[Nov 7, 2011 11:53:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

You understand alliances can be terminated for blockades, correct?

And I have explained the hemp prices quite clearly.

You sell hemp at a higher price to make poe for your flag. That's a terrible reason. Rather than outbuying stall owners, you should have a low buy price, move in hemp, and sell it from the palace at a decreasing price to allow stall owners a reserve at a low cost. This I have done with all basic commodities on Drogeo. Hemp prices only swing wildly when there are problems. If your flag implemented the above suggestion, no problems would arise. I say this because prices in Komodo have remained stable for a majority of the time, and wood only fluctuated wildly on Celesta when the islands were in upheaval. So at the moment you are ripping off stall owners, prices are low now, yet you are making them higher. This in turn will drive up bid prices and justify your solution to a problem you have created.

After talking with Mamabuns, the goal is not to make poe but to lower prices. I say this looks bad. I have also explained to Mama and you will soon have a list of suggested prices.

One more edit-

Look at the big picture. Higher hemp prices on an already expensive ocean hurts the ocean. We should be doing everything we can to promote economic activity, as poe should be moving from those with it to those earning it. Not doing so is what causes the current high dubloon prices.

Baby steps are the only steps.
Emmett
[Edit 2 times, last edit by monstersoda at Nov 7, 2011 12:34:50 PM]
[Nov 7, 2011 12:25:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Angelique82

Hmm guess I have to repeat myself again...

I have set all prices on Nightshade, therefor if there is anything that anyone thinks isn't fair what we are doing speak to me, Ever.

I succesfully got the sell price from 14 PoE to 8 PoE within a few days. This allows stall owners not only to get their hemp a lot cheaper, they also get their needs faster. Once the hemp price (read: market-bidding price) lowers; we will lower the buy price and obviously the sell price too.

I will be happily have a look at your suggested prices. Just remember that you aren't always right and that your price "theory" isn't always the best theory. Have a look again on what I stated above, maybe read it over and over again. The price went from 14 to 8 PoE, how is that killing the ocean? Having commodities for a lot cheaper than it was before is in my eyes succesful management.

It's funny though, when I proved you wrong with your base tax theory, you got all m@d!!111 and told me to /tell next time instead of using the forums. Now you try to make us look bad with
again your "theories". Sell price on hemp went from 14 PoE to 8 PoE and will get lower and lower.

Also don't compare Drogeo hemp prices with Nightshade's hemp prices, it would be biased and irrelevant as Nightshade has a weavery bazar whilst Drogeo doesn't. Also the sell price for hemp went from 14 PoE to 8 PoE and will get lowered soon :)

Oy Emmett, let's drink a beer together and discuss the best tactic to revive the ocean, get dub prices down and about the best island-management strategy for the good of the ocean.

Not sure if I mentioned it but we got the hemp price down from 14 to 8 PoE and we will succeed in getting it down more and more.
[Nov 7, 2011 1:05:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jedra

Success! I have created a thread that did not descend into talk of the good of the ocean and bickering between the two alliances!

I have created one that is about the good of the ocean and bickering within my own alliance...

::facepalms::

Maybe I should go crawl back under my rock...
Kaine, the Dreamer

Former Royal of Utopia

[Nov 7, 2011 3:22:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tangosueno

Success! I have created a thread that did not descend into talk of the good of the ocean and bickering between the two alliances!

I have created one that is about the good of the ocean and bickering within my own alliance...

::facepalms::

Love you Kaine<3
Tangosueno in the Meridian~~
Gallo says, "I barely ever have to move it myself anymore"

[Nov 7, 2011 3:25:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

Ever]

I comment because you can do better. The way you are reducing prices forces stalls to do so at your rate, whereas the system I suggest keeps you as a cap while stalls lower the price and thus work with the market.

The tax baseline was an entirely different context, as it was a fact, rather than a theory.

Fine, I will use Drogeo's sugarcane prices then. I have done the same system I have suggested for hemp with sugarcane and received the same results.

Also I am in the midst of implementing this on Celesta. While I hope the system grows, I can not vouch that it will due to present circumstances. Celesta's layout also has a weavery and SY, just like NS. So this is an exact example of the theory in practice working.

I like that you are getting hemp down, I'd just vouch for the above method as being more reasonable, productive, and sustainable.

Edit-

For Kaine,

Discussing on the forums allows for transparency.
Emmett
[Edit 1 times, last edit by monstersoda at Nov 7, 2011 3:54:01 PM]
[Nov 7, 2011 3:52:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jedra

For Kaine,

I dunno. The source of all the animosity on the ocean is still pretty opaque to me, despite it constantly being discussed on the forums.
Kaine, the Dreamer

Former Royal of Utopia

[Nov 7, 2011 3:58:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

For Kaine,

I dunno. The source of all the animosity on the ocean is still pretty opaque to me, despite it constantly being discussed on the forums.

I'd love to get to the point where hemp price don't matter as well. Much more fun.

No disrespect, just a complex situation where the actors change their character suddenly. It spins one's head.

I look foward to working with you on mutual suggestions, though.
Emmett
[Nov 7, 2011 4:20:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doulber

It's a wolfpack party
Official spokesman of Ade446.
Barnabas the Pale tells ye, "You made me literally laugh out loud."

-The D: Retired.

[Nov 7, 2011 8:20:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

Sorry, it's occupied. ;)
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Nov 8, 2011 10:52:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taytaytatty

I look foward to working with you on mutual suggestions, though.

Working on mutual suggestions? sounds great....only if they WERE mutual and not you shoving your bloody theories down everyone?s throats.

and @ the whole hemp and sugar cane prices.... prices are going to be different, live with it, its essentail for merchants who trade non-foragables. Further, governors making money off selling commodities? NO WAY! How dare they make money from their islands! And if they are unfairly making money and ripping people off, well, more people for your flags islands, so STOP COMPLAINING AND DEAL WITH OTHER PEOPLE HAVING DIFFERENT THEORIES THEN YOURSELF.

And if you really think their management is THAT BAD, then cade it like you did drogeo to

end a corrupt system
. After all, alliances can be terminated....

Gosh, why do i find you so frustrating? Must remember its only a game.....

Edit: my horrible spelling, ofcourse XD

Edit 2: added in second quotes to clear raised confusion
Native of Malachite

Ye have received 1 piece of eight from Asuras.
Asuras says, "tay for normal clothes :P not for alkohol xD"

Flag Website
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Taytaytatty at Nov 9, 2011 5:31:10 AM]
[Nov 9, 2011 3:26:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 46   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates