• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 44
Posts: 44   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 12387 times and has 43 replies Next Thread
Stephensam

Re: Island openings 2011 - event blockade Reply to this Post

What's the point of having a BK defense if it will be a 1 strength?

I imagine it's easier to put a BK there than just leaving it open but not owned.

Edit: Also, Cobalt's BK strength is 5, so it may depend on the ocean.
----------------------------------------
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Stephensam at Nov 30, 2011 2:54:10 PM]
[Nov 30, 2011 2:53:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Viridian BK strength will probably be higher by the time of the blockade!
[Dec 1, 2011 1:26:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

Yeah, that's gone well so far.
Seepnah
[Dec 2, 2011 3:55:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

i no rite?

Apparently, I can't alter it until the blockade is active. Then I can call for reinforcements.
[Dec 3, 2011 5:36:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

i no rite?

Apparently, I can't alter it until the blockade is active. Then I can call for reinforcements.

Any ideas as to what strength it might be raised to? ^^
Disengaged.

Dexade tells ye, "i m not talking to you and dont want your cookies!"
[Dec 3, 2011 6:29:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

It's not an exact science. I'm aiming for at least 5, but no more than 10. I realize that's a wide range!
[Dec 3, 2011 10:01:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

It's not an exact science. I'm aiming for at least 5, but no more than 10. I realize that's a wide range!

Does that mean the BK will be back to a strength of at least 5 next week on Cobalt?
Pizzahutpete on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince, Super Awesomeness
SO, Boochin' Drunks

Pizzahutpete everywhere, thanks to the merge
[Dec 3, 2011 4:12:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
cybrpyro

Does that mean the BK will be back to a strength of at least 5 next week on Cobalt?

... or better since it won?
Cybrpyro on da Cobalt ocean...as well as the rest

Perilous Puppet Theater
Freak-a-zoid wrote: 
Cybr-dude puts the F. U. in fun!!

[Dec 3, 2011 8:28:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

They couldn't beat an strength <10?
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Dec 4, 2011 7:21:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Disgraced

Neither could Malachite.
Bunnyspawn, prince of Coherent Insanity on Meridian.

Jdilla's wench on Emerald.
[Dec 4, 2011 8:27:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

There were players helping it along. ;)
Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Dec 4, 2011 8:46:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

I dunno man, I think if an ocean can't beat a <10, they should be opening another island :P
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Dec 5, 2011 12:14:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Auntyjemima

Viridian kinda took all the jobbers.

As for Mala, I doubt they'll get many inter-ocean jobbers anyway because the money they make there is halved when they transfer it to another ocean because of doub prices.

Nortoneer says, "Kitty.."
Nortoneer says, "How do you think yer kitten would do at sails?"
Hellkitty says, "he'd probably purr-fur rigs"

[Dec 5, 2011 3:23:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

Viridian kinda took all the jobbers.

Yeah, a unique system we have on Cobalt... when we blockade, we borrow people from other oceans - primarily Viridian (for some reason, that's where most of the Cobalt ex-pats wound up... probably because we have the same ocean map.) Since Viridian had their own 4 or 5 blockades this weekend, the principles in the Cobalt fight had to rely on organic personnel. Couple that with a few folks who have reservations about another island opening on Cobalt when the population base can't possibly support it, and you see that a percentage of player ships on the board were actively working to let the BKs score. Then follow that with players who believe that the winner of a brand spanking new Large island - especially one on an interarch - should be someone who plays on Cobalt as their primary ocean, and you get a BK victory in 3 rounds.

Personally, I'm still not certain it wasn't the right move.

Now the question is, how long can it be sustained? Since I suspect that the island will remain available for colonization until the BK is actually defeated, and since the other oceans (except Malachite) don't have island openings conflicting with Cobalt for the next few weekends, and since OOO saw fit to run this event right in the middle of the holiday season when fewer people are online because of holiday related activities and familial obligations, and I don't see the same results.

However, I'd certainly like to see the strength of the BK increased to 10... or more. We had a BK blockade not too long ago where the strength was around 15 or so... and it proved a challenge for the folks that finally defeated it. That's the type of challenge I would love to see for anyone hoping to win what amounts to the single most valuable undeveloped property on the ocean since I started playing in 2007 - a large on the interarch.
Pizzahutpete on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince, Super Awesomeness
SO, Boochin' Drunks

Pizzahutpete everywhere, thanks to the merge
[Dec 6, 2011 9:22:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 44   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates