• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 98
Posts: 98   Pages: 4   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 12810 times and has 97 replies Next Thread
kenjennings

Re: Olive palace etc

Do us all a favor and do one more experiment: try to dust the palace. I'm sure it'll work out great.

And the word of a royal in that context is a representation of the flag. The fact that one royal went against the word of another in a flag matter is amusing, I hope he enjoyed being shafted and marginalized in public like that.
----------------------------------------
[removed by SOPA]
[Nov 4, 2011 5:49:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Delinet

stop trying to simply defame us

Why? You should be defamed for actions like those,
You don't really think that what you did was noble and deserves respect, do you?
/Delinet

Senior Officer of Tapout
Lord of Knockout

Xpirate's pimp since est. September 2011
[Nov 4, 2011 5:51:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

stop trying to simply defame us

You've kind of done that all by yourselves.
Bunnyspawn, Malachite's most arrogant player.

Also Bunnyspawn on Sage and Hunter;Disgraced on Viridian.

I support PvP in sinking environments.
[Nov 4, 2011 7:53:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethonx

I don't think the world's most creative minds could have done a better job of it, either.
Aethonx- Meridian
[Nov 4, 2011 7:55:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurlyman

Avienda says

I'm not impressed, Hurly.

For the record, i am not here to impress you or anyone else. What i do is up to me and i don't care what anyone thinks. Feel free to attack me as much as you like, this is the one and only reaction you will be getting from me.

Cheers
Hurly
Captain of Mexi Can't Prince of Puzzleholics Anonymous

(Regarding the Bnav screen in a flotilla!)

Rudebwoi says, "For a second there, I thought I controlled it with my MIND"

[Nov 4, 2011 10:24:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
russellm2

Avienda says

I'm not impressed, Hurly.

For the record, i am not here to impress you or anyone else. What i do is up to me and i don't care what anyone thinks. Feel free to attack me as much as you like, this is the one and only reaction you will be getting from me.

Cheers

Could you at least explain why you did it? :(
Powerbow of Meridian and Emerald.
[Nov 4, 2011 10:32:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurlyman

The reasons i do things are my own and no one else's. I think it was Vanguard who coined the phrase "Because I can". Do i need any other reason? Some will call me a douche, others will just shrug it off. Quite honestly i don't care what anybody thinks or says about me anymore. All these forums turn into is everyone of the 7 people who post get to choose a flavour of the week and tart and moan about them.

I said it once and I will say it again,

I'M FAMOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hurly

[Nov 4, 2011 10:57:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

You haven't accomplished anything in game, only thing you are famous for is being a douchebag; in 2 weeks it will be forgotten and so will you.
Roseh

[Nov 4, 2011 11:01:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Thank you for all supportive posts!

I think I have to clarify, as I was in a hurry and not in a great mood when starting the thread, thus making points that were maybe not entirely relevant.

My furniture was not dusted. It was returned to me in new condition, which, I guess, means that the former governor's promise was kept to some extent. I did not reclaim my furniture, because that would have ruined the decoration and I had absolutely no reason to reclaim it, or use for the furniture elsewhere.

Most of what was lost was, apart from the standard props that make the palace look nice and have functions, as Dahlgren said, the time, effort and PoE I (And Thalia) put into recolouring the props, to make the palace unique.

The left side suits with armors in the throne room were replaced with furniture, as well as all the suits in the entrance hall, because Thalia told me that that would be cheaper than recouloring anyway, and I had no intention of ever reclaiming it. The hanging banners, right side suits of armor in the throne room and the throne are not replacable, and were recoloured props.

So Whiterose, thanks for the offer, but I still have the furniture. That just wouldn't be enough to redecorate (if I would ever want to be that naive again).

And Greatness, if I was naive, that was when I decorated the palace at all, and I actually don't regret that. It was very nice while it lasted. There was no way I could protect it after losing the island.

Point still stands, however, that PA trashed the palace, bank and real estate, decorated or not, for no apparent reason. I'm still not impressed.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Nov 4, 2011 11:06:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

You haven't accomplished anything in game, only thing you are famous for is being a douchebag; in 2 weeks it will be forgotten and so will you.

Everybody seems to love their 15 minutes of fame.
I do what I can, when I can.

- Empathetic,
Still playing, here and there.
[Nov 4, 2011 11:14:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurlyman

Not unless i bump the thread in 2 weeks <3
Hurly

[Nov 4, 2011 11:16:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

Not unless i bump the thread in 2 weeks <3

So you can remind us of how idiotic PA is? It's like Clarence's Thomas' wife bringing up the Anita Hill situation again, nobody cares enough to recognize such idiocy.

- Empathetic,
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Empatheticly at Nov 4, 2011 11:23:05 PM]
[Nov 4, 2011 11:21:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurlyman

Wouldn't me bumping this thread just prove how much of a Douche I am? But I am glad that the actions of a single person can dictate the collective IQ of an entire flag.

Flame on oh mighty flamers!
Hurly

[Nov 4, 2011 11:26:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Justinmickey

This reminds me of the Belgica and Monlizzy -> Wokbok's fleet incident.

Even if you can't really do anything with props (versus a fleet), it's still trashy HAHAGEDDIT and low.

Morons, grow up. kkthx.
Modern, Emerald.
Spam, Meridian.
[Nov 4, 2011 11:34:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurlyman

Blah Blah Blah

and before you all keep jumping down my throat, i didn't dust ALL the props and here is proof

Hurly

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hurlyman at Nov 4, 2011 11:57:27 PM]
[Nov 4, 2011 11:39:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

Hurly wrote: 
Feel free to attack me as much as you like,

Well, perhaps we would, except for all those scuttle shields...

Hurly wrote: 
this is the one and only reaction you will be getting from me.

Cheers

Hurly, later on, wrote: 
Wouldn't me bumping this thread just prove how much of a Douche I am? But I am glad that the actions of a single person can dictate the collective IQ of an entire flag.

Hurly, even after that, wrote: 
More words.

Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Nov 4, 2011 11:57:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurlyman

Hurly wrote: 
Feel free to attack me as much as you like,

Well, perhaps we would, except for all those scuttle shields...

Hurly wrote: 
this is the one and only reaction you will be getting from me.

Cheers

Hurly, later on, wrote: 

Hurly, even after that, wrote: 
More words.

And Hurly wrote even MORE after that explaining Reaction VS Response
Hurly

[Nov 4, 2011 11:58:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shadymermady

But I am glad that the actions of a single person can dictate the collective IQ of an entire flag.

Obviously your flag trusted you to run the island properly. You have achieved nothing good for yourself, your flag or for the ocean. Not caring what people think is not a good enough reason to ruin all the buildings. There is very little incentive to blockade islands as it, so making an island less appealing does no one any favours.

This whole act you are putting on saying lolwhocares is really pathetic Hurly. Taking your anger out on the whole ocean because people called you lame for double scuttling doesnt fix anything it has just made it worse for you guys. Have a think about some other random flag doing the same thing and see if you would still think it was ^5 worthy.

When you and PA snap out of this BS phase of political suicide and want to try again, let me know.
Betty - Obsidian

Crip tells ye, "bout to turn on my balls warmer.."
[Nov 5, 2011 12:06:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

When you and PA snap out of this BS phase of political suicide and want to try again, let me know.

The problem with suicide is, that there is no respawn. Game Over, no re.
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Nov 5, 2011 4:38:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boback

Hey guys, buddies, chums, friends of mine ^_^ its great too see you all here ! i felt sooooo bad about the island, that i went and Re-Named the bank as a loverly sorry gift ! i hope my legacy stays that way forever !

Your oppinions mean just so much to me, i needed to be granted forgivness !

I hope we can all hold hands and make it through these hard times together ! like a big ocean family !

"Well i gotta run guys, i think i just broke a rib !"

Take care ^_^
Orbsus

Official Serenity Forum Spokesman
[Nov 5, 2011 6:28:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boback

There's a difference between running an island differently and destroying Avienda's legacy (Ithankyou) out of spite.

Avienda's "Leagcy" Oh Becuase she is in legacy and its her legacy, aint you a clever little so un so !
Orbsus

Official Serenity Forum Spokesman
[Nov 5, 2011 6:33:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

Big man do what want, don't care if dumb, stroke epeen, no prove nothing.
PROFIT!
???
[removed by SOPA]
[Nov 5, 2011 6:40:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

Big man do what want, don't care if dumb, stroke epeen, no prove nothing.
PROFIT!
???

Well put.

- Empathetic,
[Nov 5, 2011 10:14:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

Can I just point out that the previous owners of TLM trashed several props and also the portrait easels.
Seepnah
[Nov 5, 2011 1:18:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Seepnah wrote: 
Can I just point out that the previous owners of TLM trashed several props and also the portrait easels.

In my personal opinion, this is irrelevant to the thread topic.

Apparently, someone trashed the portrait easel at TLM. That sucks, but we have no idea who the vandal was. I just know that it was not done, nor discovered, while Legacy held the island.

All props that were dusted in Legacy palaces were purely decorative, and dusted to be replaced with custom decorative furniture. Complete props + furniture gets quite crowded, and doesn't look very good. All our decorations were left behind when we lost the islands, up until the point where you and Dahlgren started dusting them at TLM, and Q was not allowed to reclaim them because "Dahlgren is refurnishing that scene".

In my opinion, there is a huge difference between trashing all props in several infrastructure buildings, including custom recoloured props, and then leaving the buildings empty and trashing a few decorative props to replace with furniture. You, and everyone else, are of course free to be of a different opinion.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Nov 6, 2011 3:51:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shadymermady

Seepnah wrote: 

In my personal opinion, this is irrelevant to the thread topic.

Apparently, someone trashed the portrait easel at TLM. That sucks, but we have no idea who the vandal was. I just know that it was not done, nor discovered, while Legacy held the island.

All props that were dusted in Legacy palaces were purely decorative, and dusted to be replaced with custom decorative furniture. Complete props + furniture gets quite crowded, and doesn't look very good. All our decorations were left behind when we lost the islands, up until the point where you and Dahlgren started dusting them at TLM, and Q was not allowed to reclaim them because "Dahlgren is refurnishing that scene".

In my opinion, there is a huge difference between trashing all props in several infrastructure buildings, including custom recoloured props, and then leaving the buildings empty and trashing a few decorative props to replace with furniture. You, and everyone else, are of course free to be of a different opinion.

As i have already said, i think it was shithouse to dust the props on olive. I will also say though, Legacy dusting props to decorate was a pretty selfish thing to do also. Even though the rooms were made all pretty and custom designed its a fairly egotistical thing to assume that all future owners of the island will enjoy your chosen theme. Basically, by dusting the props to make way for your furniture gives a new island holder 2 choices : accept what you have done with the place, or return your furniture to you and have to refurnish the entire place so its not totally bare. Recolouring the props can at least be changed back, but totally removing props to suit yourself is a whole different story.

I understand that Avienda went to alot of expense and trouble making the islands to her taste and i am sure some people probably think it was lovely. I personally think the thought of winning an island and walking into the palace only to be greeted with a big fat reminder of who last owned it as hideous. I would return all furniture back to the owner aswell. The boys on PA went too far by dusting, but Legacy werent too much better by removing props either. I don't know if i am coming across as a hypocrite or not (because of how strongly i am against what PA have done), its just how i see it.
Betty - Obsidian

Crip tells ye, "bout to turn on my balls warmer.."
[Nov 6, 2011 5:58:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

Honestly you've been refunded for our shenanigans so that's probably something you want to let rest a little. Nevertheless, it's not entirely irrelevant as it is possible to decorate a palace without dusting all the props. What kind of delusions of grandeur do you have if you think you will never lose the palace thus leaving it empty. Of course what Hurly did was worse I don't think anyone is trying to argue with that but you've still both dusted palace props, with more and less malicious intent of course.

I believe the only relevance the arguement has is that there's a certain amount of irony that you of all people run this arguement. That does however not make this thread any less valid. However it's obvius Hurly is just a troll that grabs attention through poor behaviour because he's not good enough to catch it any other way. I say it'd be easier for us to stop feeding Mr Attention flirt and just blockade the guy when they fail to scuttle.
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Edit 1 times, last edit by warp11 at Nov 6, 2011 6:16:21 AM]
[Nov 6, 2011 6:15:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Shady and Dahl, I understand what you mean, but I can't agree with you.
Shady wrote: 
I personally think the thought of winning an island and walking into the palace only to be greeted with a big fat reminder of who last owned it as hideous.

I personally don't. I have always loved custom decorated palaces, and bazaars etc too for that matter. Plain palaces everywhere is quite boring, in my oponion. When we took Harmattan, I was amazed by what Aaronmann had left behind (sadly, his decorations have been partly trashed now, though), and rather than destroying it, we added to it, enhancing the theme.

There was also a palace that I loved walking in to when I was a greenie. I can't find it now, I think it might have been Labyrinth Moors under RM (Riddle In The Middle), decorated by Seepnah, but I don't know. Anyway, I used to find that palace amazing, and I will never agree that customising a palace is a bad thing, as long as it's done with the purpose of improving, and not the purpose of destroying out of spite.

But then again, we have never blockaded out of hate, and never felt the need to hurt our opponents in any way possible. Maybe if you have those feelings, then you see a decorated palace differently.
Dahlgren wrote: 
Honestly you've been refunded for our shenanigans so that's probably something you want to let rest a little.

I mentioned this as the reason for reclaiming furniture from other palaces, that we had planned to leave as they were up until that point. Refund is all good and fine, but if it had been our collection of OM dummies at Swampfen, or LE furniture at Napi that was dusted, then a few dubs wouldn't have done us much good.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

[Nov 7, 2011 1:26:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

It was six dummies, and you have been refunded. Also as much as Q might have loved the little Avienda shrine that was made, it doesn't mean that anyone else appreciated it so as such the props were needlessly trashed in the eyes of the rest of the ocean who don't need a shrine in which to worship you.
Seepnah
[Nov 7, 2011 2:38:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Without yesterday there isnt much need of tomorrow.
The lack thereof means today keeps spinning and spinning and spinning.
Remember the trashing of the Ansel shrine? Such irreverence.
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Nov 7, 2011 8:50:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 98   Pages: 4   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates