• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  


Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 169
Posts: 169   Pages: 6   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11196 times and has 168 replies Next Thread
elfeesh

Member's Avatar


Joined: May 24, 2005
Posts: 956
Status: Offline
Good to see a healthy change in the cade scene!







Long live fair cades! Death to small-flag bullying tyrants! Down with Pay-Warring dictators!

Good show team, nothing like a bit of hypocrisy to liven the day.
----------------------------------------
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Oct 30, 2011 9:18:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joshuawhelan

Member's Avatar


Joined: Jul 1, 2006
Posts: 578
Status: Offline
Re: Good to see a healthy change in the cade scene!

Blockade Pond Version 2
----------------------------------------
Avatar by Velternal
[Oct 30, 2011 9:25:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

Member's Avatar


Joined: May 3, 2007
Posts: 1800
Status: Offline
Re: Good to see a healthy change in the cade scene!

Heaven forbid an island as awesome as Dendrite be lost.
----------------------------------------
Bunnyspawn, Malachite's most arrogant player.

Also Bunnyspawn on Sage and Hunter;Disgraced on Viridian.

I support PvP in sinking environments.
[Oct 30, 2011 9:28:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

Member's Avatar


Joined: Nov 11, 2010
Posts: 808
Status: Offline
Re: Good to see a healthy change in the cade scene!

/em sighs

I figured people would try to co-opt RAF for political convenience; however, I definitely didn't think there would be such an immediate about-face. Chalk this up as further evidence for the need for a policing flag.
[Oct 30, 2011 9:41:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chillii

Member's Avatar


Joined: Feb 9, 2008
Posts: 430
Status: Offline
Re: Good to see a healthy change in the cade scene!

 
Heaven forbid an island as awesome as Dendrite be lost.

----------------------------------------
Chillii.
[Oct 30, 2011 11:18:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

Member's Avatar


Joined: May 25, 2005
Posts: 7497
Status: Offline
Re: Good to see a healthy change in the cade scene!

Dude, it has a pond!
----------------------------------------
[removed by SOPA]
[Oct 30, 2011 11:20:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Member's Avatar


Joined: Apr 8, 2005
Posts: 2269
Status: Offline
Re: Good to see a healthy change in the cade scene!

As I said before, chip, the mob acts of its own accord.
You actually thought the RAF stood for something besides anti-legacy? Hah, ok.
----------------------------------------
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Oct 30, 2011 11:47:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

Member's Avatar


Joined: Nov 21, 2007
Posts: 2837
Status: Offline
Re: Good to see a healthy change in the cade scene!

 
As I said before, chip, the mob acts of its own accord.
You actually thought the RAF stood for something besides anti-legacy? Hah, ok.

I feel this needs to be cleared up.

The RAF stands for fair, competitive blockading. We do not stand for what was carried out at Hadrian and Dendrite today. Imperial Coalition is an independent flag, as is Knockout and every other flag. Therefore the blockade at Hadrian and Dendrite had nothing to do with the RAF.

If the RAF survives the downfall of Legacy, it will most likely be used to punish actions such as this, however it would be stupid to bite off more than you can chew and declare war on the entire ocean. Let's instead deal with present problems first and leave the future for our futures selves.
----------------------------------------
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Oct 30, 2011 12:10:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Member's Avatar


Joined: Apr 8, 2005
Posts: 2269
Status: Offline
Re: Good to see a healthy change in the cade scene!

 
Let's instead deal with present problems first and leave the future for our futures selves.


Risky statement there o.O
----------------------------------------
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Oct 30, 2011 1:02:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

Member's Avatar


Joined: Jun 30, 2008
Posts: 1833
Status: Offline
Re: Good to see a healthy change in the cade scene!

 
it will most likely be used to punish actions such as this

Hate to break it to you but IC did play fair. They defended their island against two attackers, who pulled and moved their jobbers against an attacker on Dendrite. It was a stupid overkill, but part of the (political) game. Bad timing, better luck next week.
----------------------------------------
Avatar by Twiztedrose
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Oct 30, 2011 1:14:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

Member's Avatar


Joined: Aug 22, 2009
Posts: 893
Status: Offline
Re: Good to see a healthy change in the cade scene!

 
 
it will most likely be used to punish actions such as this

Hate to break it to you but IC did play fair. They defended their island against two attackers, who pulled and moved their jobbers against an attacker on Dendrite. It was a stupid overkill, but part of the (political) game. Bad timing, better luck next week.


You must have been smoking some crazzzzzy stuff.
----------------------------------------
Recruiting a 'Nagflar' character to hold my camel.
# Team Bacon Strips # SwagSauce # YOTO.
[Oct 30, 2011 2:16:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

Member's Avatar


Joined: May 24, 2005
Posts: 956
Status: Offline
Re: Good to see a healthy change in the cade scene!

 
 
it will most likely be used to punish actions such as this

Hate to break it to you but IC did play fair. They defended their island against two attackers, who pulled and moved their jobbers against an attacker on Dendrite. It was a stupid overkill, but part of the (political) game. Bad timing, better luck next week.


I'm assuming you weren't there. If you were, your mind is so horribly warped I'm actually a little worried about your health. Perhaps try looking at the facts laid before you before you mindlessly defend your friends.
----------------------------------------
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Oct 30, 2011 4:17:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

Member's Avatar


Joined: Jan 3, 2010
Posts: 649
Status: Offline
Re: Good to see a healthy change in the cade scene!

Elfeesh wrote: 
Kamuflaro wrote: 
??? wrote: 
it will most likely be used to punish actions such as this

Hate to break it to you but IC did play fair. They defended their island against two attackers, who pulled and moved their jobbers against an attacker on Dendrite. It was a stupid overkill, but part of the (political) game. Bad timing, better luck next week.


I'm assuming you weren't there. If you were, your mind is so horribly warped I'm actually a little worried about your health. Perhaps try looking at the facts laid before you before you mindlessly defend your friends.

I was there, did not smoke of drink anything (my problem, yeah, gotta live with this), and I saw this:

Annex JC: JobPride (back in Legacy now)
Annex King: Kuskus, Officer of Nightmare until last thursday
Annex Founding Crew: Mob, formerly Legacy, now Riptide (Hexlock)
Annex bnavs: Navienda (Legacy) and Darliex (Legacy)
Annex Royal Rescue: Looks like a fresh alt, hearties from Legacy and Dilemma
----------------------------------------
Sverdrup, CPTN of Schroedinger's Cat, Heisenberg's Uncertainty, Meridian
[Oct 30, 2011 4:24:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

Member's Avatar


Joined: Jun 30, 2008
Posts: 1833
Status: Offline
Re: Good to see a healthy change in the cade scene!

 
 
 
it will most likely be used to punish actions such as this

Hate to break it to you but IC did play fair. They defended their island against two attackers, who pulled and moved their jobbers against an attacker on Dendrite. It was a stupid overkill, but part of the (political) game. Bad timing, better luck next week.


I'm assuming you weren't there. If you were, your mind is so horribly warped I'm actually a little worried about your health. Perhaps try looking at the facts laid before you before you mindlessly defend your friends.

Is this the return of the RiddleMakers Forum Police?
----------------------------------------
Avatar by Twiztedrose
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Oct 30, 2011 4:24:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Member's Avatar


Joined: Apr 8, 2005
Posts: 2269
Status: Offline
Re: Good to see a healthy change in the cade scene!

 
Elfeesh wrote: 
Kamuflaro wrote: 
??? wrote: 
it will most likely be used to punish actions such as this

Hate to break it to you but IC did play fair. They defended their island against two attackers, who pulled and moved their jobbers against an attacker on Dendrite. It was a stupid overkill, but part of the (political) game. Bad timing, better luck next week.


I'm assuming you weren't there. If you were, your mind is so horribly warped I'm actually a little worried about your health. Perhaps try looking at the facts laid before you before you mindlessly defend your friends.

I was there, did not smoke of drink anything (my problem, yeah, gotta live with this), and I saw this:

Annex JC: JobPride (back in Legacy now)
Annex King: Kuskus, Officer of Nightmare until last thursday
Annex Founding Crew: Mob, formerly Legacy, now Riptide (Hexlock)
Annex bnavs: Navienda (Legacy) and Darliex (Legacy)
Annex Royal Rescue: Looks like a fresh alt, hearties from Legacy and Dilemma


Do you have a problem with Legacy still Sver?
Or is it every single former/present Legacy member?

More the former than the latter?
Good. So let someone else hop on the schlong.
----------------------------------------
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Oct 30, 2011 4:32:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

Member's Avatar


Joined: May 24, 2005
Posts: 956
Status: Offline
Re: Good to see a healthy change in the cade scene!

 
Elfeesh wrote: 
Kamuflaro wrote: 
??? wrote: 
it will most likely be used to punish actions such as this

Hate to break it to you but IC did play fair. They defended their island against two attackers, who pulled and moved their jobbers against an attacker on Dendrite. It was a stupid overkill, but part of the (political) game. Bad timing, better luck next week.


I'm assuming you weren't there. If you were, your mind is so horribly warped I'm actually a little worried about your health. Perhaps try looking at the facts laid before you before you mindlessly defend your friends.

I was there, did not smoke of drink anything (my problem, yeah, gotta live with this), and I saw this:

Annex JC: JobPride (back in Legacy now)
Annex King: Kuskus, Officer of Nightmare until last thursday
Annex Founding Crew: Mob, formerly Legacy, now Riptide (Hexlock)
Annex bnavs: Navienda (Legacy) and Darliex (Legacy)
Annex Royal Rescue: Looks like a fresh alt, hearties from Legacy and Dilemma


The team was made up of a coalition of Kuskus (ex-Legacy) and Rescued (Rescue in Dilemma)'s friends. This of course means that they will go to people they know. The Annex nav team was Me (Stopthat), Kuskus, Rescue and Darliex. Kuskus and Mob are a completely different entity to Legacy. If Legacy wanted to blockade they'd use their mother flag, not fronts.

I can assure you that Annex has nothing to do with Legacy other than being friends with a few of them. If having hearties from Legacy means you sympathize with them, then both me and Whitehaze would be considered guilty as well. I think everyone can take for granted that that is certainly not the case.

I understand where you're coming from, but it's utterly wrong. Today was nothing other than a disgrace from IC, who evidently took the ocean's sentiment towards such actions for granted, used it to gain more islands for themselves and then turned around a crapped all over what other people had achieved. Monlizzy and co. should be ashamed of themselves, though I'd imagine they're too conceited to even consider it.
----------------------------------------
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Oct 30, 2011 4:42:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

Member's Avatar


Joined: Nov 21, 2007
Posts: 2837
Status: Offline
Re: Good to see a healthy change in the cade scene!

I hate to go superserious on everyone here but here's a really boring post (Reeves taught me how).

Firstly, let's take Elfeesh's word for it and say that Annex is not a Legacy alt flag, this is a perfectly fine assumption to make as substantial evidence would be required to prove the opposite. However I find this completely irrelevant seeing how even if it would have been Legacy (or any other flag for that matter) that's no reason to do what IC did. There is no need to discriminate and let grudges and hate get in the way of even blockades.

With that being said, sadly we can't "tell" anyone how to play this game. We can throw hints on how we like it best but honestly everyone has their own way. IC have, can and will play the game their way and at the end of the day we need to respect that. We don't have to agree with their ways however every flag has their individual playstyle (Legacy too) and you need to appreciate the pros and cons and just adapt to it. At the end of the day, the only thing you and I can really do is play the game our way by our own beliefs and try to enjoy it as much as possible.
----------------------------------------
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by warp11 at Oct 30, 2011 4:53:29 PM]
[Oct 30, 2011 4:50:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

Member's Avatar


Joined: Aug 22, 2009
Posts: 893
Status: Offline
Re: Good to see a healthy change in the cade scene!

 
Elfeesh wrote: 
Kamuflaro wrote: 
??? wrote: 
it will most likely be used to punish actions such as this

Hate to break it to you but IC did play fair. They defended their island against two attackers, who pulled and moved their jobbers against an attacker on Dendrite. It was a stupid overkill, but part of the (political) game. Bad timing, better luck next week.


I'm assuming you weren't there. If you were, your mind is so horribly warped I'm actually a little worried about your health. Perhaps try looking at the facts laid before you before you mindlessly defend your friends.

I was there, did not smoke of drink anything (my problem, yeah, gotta live with this), and I saw this:

Annex JC: JobPride (back in Legacy now)
Annex King: Kuskus, Officer of Nightmare until last thursday
Annex Founding Crew: Mob, formerly Legacy, now Riptide (Hexlock)
Annex bnavs: Navienda (Legacy) and Darliex (Legacy)
Annex Royal Rescue: Looks like a fresh alt, hearties from Legacy and Dilemma



Okay, Dilemma's royalty consist of entirely Ex-Legacy players, apart from Chillii. The majority of Dilemma's crews are Ex-Legacy crews. Our first couple of blockade we grabbed people like Darlie (Legacy) used people like Avior (Legacy) because we knew them. Does this make us a Legacy front too?

At the end of the day, it was a ridiculous assumption to make.

Edit: Last post, as it's evident nobody in IC really gives a crap anyway.
----------------------------------------
Recruiting a 'Nagflar' character to hold my camel.
# Team Bacon Strips # SwagSauce # YOTO.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Whitehazed at Oct 30, 2011 5:15:07 PM]
[Oct 30, 2011 5:13:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rissarissa13

Member's Avatar


Joined: Jun 3, 2006
Posts: 988
Status: Offline
Re: Good to see a healthy change in the cade scene!

 
 
Elfeesh wrote: 
Kamuflaro wrote: 
??? wrote: 
it will most likely be used to punish actions such as this

Hate to break it to you but IC did play fair. They defended their island against two attackers, who pulled and moved their jobbers against an attacker on Dendrite. It was a stupid overkill, but part of the (political) game. Bad timing, better luck next week.


I'm assuming you weren't there. If you were, your mind is so horribly warped I'm actually a little worried about your health. Perhaps try looking at the facts laid before you before you mindlessly defend your friends.

I was there, did not smoke of drink anything (my problem, yeah, gotta live with this), and I saw this:

Annex JC: JobPride (back in Legacy now)
Annex King: Kuskus, Officer of Nightmare until last thursday
Annex Founding Crew: Mob, formerly Legacy, now Riptide (Hexlock)
Annex bnavs: Navienda (Legacy) and Darliex (Legacy)
Annex Royal Rescue: Looks like a fresh alt, hearties from Legacy and Dilemma



Okay, Dilemma's royalty consist of entirely Ex-Legacy players, apart from Chillii. The majority of Dilemma's crews are Ex-Legacy crews. Our first couple of blockade we grabbed people like Darlie (Legacy) used people like Avior (Legacy) because we knew them. Does this make us a Legacy front too?

At the end of the day, it was a ridiculous assumption to make.

Edit: Last post, as it's evident nobody in IC really gives a crap anyway.



They never do give a crap anyways. All they think about is themselves. >.> & they most likely won't read the forums. They think they are right, but truth is sometimes they always aren't.
----------------------------------------
Riss -Sweet Surrender -Princess of Imperial Coalition - Meridian
 
But, even when our hopes give way to reality and we finally have to surrender to the truth, it just means we've lost today battle. Not tomorrows war. - Grey's Anatomy

[Oct 30, 2011 5:34:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

Member's Avatar


Joined: Jan 22, 2011
Posts: 1127
Status: Offline
Re: Good to see a healthy change in the cade scene!

The reason for a lack of response would probably be because the people making the loudest noises are people who are automatically prejudiced against anyone backing IC at the moment, there isn't much point in taking part in a forum if a proper discussion couldn't be had.

In the interest of fairness, Dahl made a very good post. Everyone has their own play style, sometimes people get mixed up about each others as not everything that happens in kades goes to plan, today being a key example and somewhat the understatement of the century.

If you dislike the way a flag acts or something a flag does in a particular kade talking doesn't do much to help it, you have to go and kade them yourself in your way. Think about all the talking that happened with Legacy recently, that went on for months, yet it went very quiet after they lost all their islands in one weekend. Now, 95% of the forum users knows that Legacy isn't finished yet, and the other 5% haven't read the right thread, but nothing in the game changed or did anything about the way Legacy had acted through the talking on the forums. Granted, the forums are a nice place (sometimes) to have a discussion, and was a good foundation to start off something like the RAF, but it was still the kades that did it.

To those in Dilemma that don't seem to like what happened this weekend, drop on us, show us how you kade. If it's fair, you'll have a fair blockade waiting for you. And by fair i don't mean advantaged towards us, I mean not using obvious third parties to disadvantage one side or another, not using underhanded ways to outjob or outship, just keeping the blockade tight. It doesn't even have to cost that much. If you don't feel like it, well, might be time to grow some balls guys, or maybe if you shout loud enough somebody else will do what you want for you.
 
All they think about is themselves. >.> & they most likely won't read the forums.

Thinking of you Rissa. <3.
----------------------------------------
Disengaged.

Dexade tells ye, "i m not talking to you and dont want your cookies!"
[Oct 30, 2011 6:25:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

Member's Avatar


Joined: Aug 22, 2009
Posts: 893
Status: Offline
Re: Good to see a healthy change in the cade scene!

 
The reason for a lack of response would probably be because the people making the loudest noises are people who are automatically prejudiced against anyone backing IC at the moment, there isn't much point in taking part in a forum if a proper discussion couldn't be had.

In the interest of fairness, Dahl made a very good post. Everyone has their own play style, sometimes people get mixed up about each others as not everything that happens in kades goes to plan, today being a key example and somewhat the understatement of the century.

If you dislike the way a flag acts or something a flag does in a particular kade talking doesn't do much to help it, you have to go and kade them yourself in your way. Think about all the talking that happened with Legacy recently, that went on for months, yet it went very quiet after they lost all their islands in one weekend. Now, 95% of the forum users knows that Legacy isn't finished yet, and the other 5% haven't read the right thread, but nothing in the game changed or did anything about the way Legacy had acted through the talking on the forums. Granted, the forums are a nice place (sometimes) to have a discussion, and was a good foundation to start off something like the RAF, but it was still the kades that did it.

To those in Dilemma that don't seem to like what happened this weekend, drop on us, show us how you kade. If it's fair, you'll have a fair blockade waiting for you. And by fair i don't mean advantaged towards us, I mean not using obvious third parties to disadvantage one side or another, not using underhanded ways to outjob or outship, just keeping the blockade tight. It doesn't even have to cost that much. If you don't feel like it, well, might be time to grow some balls guys, or maybe if you shout loud enough somebody else will do what you want for you.
 
All they think about is themselves. >.> & they most likely won't read the forums.

Thinking of you Rissa. <3.


You confuse me. Since when was Dilemma Anti-IC. Our current war dec was up after half of these posts. We were just Anti what happened today.

''If you don't feel like it, well, might be time to grow some balls guys, or maybe if you shout loud enough somebody else will do what you want for you'' : Laughable.
----------------------------------------
Recruiting a 'Nagflar' character to hold my camel.
# Team Bacon Strips # SwagSauce # YOTO.
[Oct 30, 2011 6:40:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

Member's Avatar


Joined: Jan 22, 2011
Posts: 1127
Status: Offline
Re: Good to see a healthy change in the cade scene!

Whitehazed, all of yours, Elfeesh's and Shadowy's posts in the intent and this thread have been directed at IC, in this thread Elfeesh actually brings up things from before what happened today. Seems extremely anti-IC to me, especially after seeing your reaction to Kamu after all he did is state his point of view.

And seeing all these words your coming up with is pretty laughable to me, ah well, guess you aren't that up for blockading then.

Edit for clarity, off to bed. Have fun tarting.
----------------------------------------
Disengaged.

Dexade tells ye, "i m not talking to you and dont want your cookies!"
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Randomite at Oct 30, 2011 7:02:20 PM]
[Oct 30, 2011 7:00:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rescue7



Joined: Aug 2, 2011
Posts: 10
Status: Offline

Re: Good to see a healthy change in the cade scene!

 
Whitehazed, all of yours, Elfeesh's and Shadowy's posts in the intent and this thread have been directed at IC, in this thread Elfeesh actually brings up things from before what happened today. Seems extremely anti-IC to me, especially after seeing your reaction to Kamu after all he did is state his point of view.

And seeing all these words your coming up with is pretty laughable to me, ah well, guess you aren't that up for blockading then.

Edit for clarity, off to bed. Have fun tarting.



So Dilemma cading pretty much every weekend since we were formed isn't up to cading? :O wow haze we bad
----------------------------------------
----Rescue of Viridian----
[Oct 30, 2011 7:04:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Captanharris

Member's Avatar


Joined: Apr 12, 2008
Posts: 457
Status: Offline
Re: Good to see a healthy change in the cade scene!

 
 
 
it will most likely be used to punish actions such as this

Hate to break it to you but IC did play fair. They defended their island against two attackers, who pulled and moved their jobbers against an attacker on Dendrite. It was a stupid overkill, but part of the (political) game. Bad timing, better luck next week.


You must have been smoking some crazzzzzy stuff.


oath, hook us up bra
[Oct 30, 2011 7:06:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

Member's Avatar


Joined: Aug 22, 2009
Posts: 893
Status: Offline
Re: Good to see a healthy change in the cade scene!

Of course they were directed at IC. This is all about IC, they where the ones that pulled the moronic moves that we didn't agree with. If it was any other flag it would be directed at them.

Before today I had nothing wrong with IC as a flag.

My reaction to Kamu? Yeh, sorry, excuse that, I find someone trying to argue that the blockade was 'fair' when the screenies prove otherwise laughable. It was clearly a point of view based on solid facts, shown by screenies and jobbing data, you are correct, as such im clearly anti-IC.

No, were not up for Blockading, which is why we split from Legacy (I was anti-every other flag there ((apparently)) and have blockaded every week bar two since our creation. Basically, if you speak out against a flag, you are a 'troll' you are also 'anti' said flag, and therefore your opinion is biased and incorrect. Furthermore, basing said judgement around jobbing data, ship data, and actually being at the events itself is irrelevant, after all your point is illegitamate.
----------------------------------------
Recruiting a 'Nagflar' character to hold my camel.
# Team Bacon Strips # SwagSauce # YOTO.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Whitehazed at Oct 30, 2011 7:11:03 PM]
[Oct 30, 2011 7:07:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

Member's Avatar


Joined: May 24, 2005
Posts: 956
Status: Offline
Re: Good to see a healthy change in the cade scene!

 
in this thread Elfeesh actually brings up things from before what happened today.


Direct me, please.

Stop talking out your ass fella. Everyone with two braincells to rub together can see the ridiculousness of the situation. Evidently it needs to be spelled out so I'll do it in a few simple and easy to read steps:

1. Ocean gangs up on Legacy for crapping on the little guy (or at least that's the tipping factor)

2. Everyone rejoices at thus far successful overthrow of Legacy's domination of the blockade scene. A new, fairer and more small-flag friendly scene appears to be coming unto fruition.

3. Annex, a new flag is formed, hoping to get into the cade scene early. They come to fair agreements with Swede, who looked as though he would be running the defense for Barhoum.

4. It turns out actually IC have decided to run the defense for Barhoum instead, meaning that the 1.8k/seg they were paying at Hadrian is moved over to Dendrite as well. Annex, a green flag, simply doesn't have the money to keep going like this and pull out after one round. Dilemma and Pay for Play frigs contest R2 for them.

Before this weekend, I was utterly open to IC and didn't have any complaints. I realise now, however, that Imperial Coalition simply went along with the Anti-Legacy wave to grab a couple of free islands off the labour of other people's backs, then turned around a screwed over a completely blameless and new flag for no other reason than they felt like it/could do it. To be honest, I would rather have a flag like Legacy around than something as pathetic and hypocritical as that. At least Legacy did it by themselves, as opposed to riding the coattails of others.

It's a shame. I saw you eat your words earlier and say you had realised what had happened, though evidently you've decided that's not the case anymore.
----------------------------------------
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Oct 30, 2011 7:17:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethonx



Joined: Mar 9, 2008
Posts: 190
Status: Offline

Re: Good to see a healthy change in the cade scene!

Shut up and cade is the argument of an infant covering their ears and screaming NANANANANA I CAN'T HEAR YOU.


Everyone has the right to express opinions on actions that are seen as negative. In a community where (almost) everyone has expressed interest in cultivating an actively blockading community, actions such as today's that directly suppress that from up and coming flags are obviously taken poorly. OmfgbbqwtfuhateIC isn't really relevant here. Legacy took heat because they did a few things others saw as detrimental. IC is taking heat for the same reason. Some flags may not have the means or interest to blockade a SMA, thus this is where they must take their point. No one honestly cares about blockading your islands. They care about keeping a dying game entertaining, as it's meant to be.
----------------------------------------
Aethonx- Meridian
[Oct 30, 2011 7:20:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

Member's Avatar


Joined: Jan 3, 2010
Posts: 649
Status: Offline
Re: Good to see a healthy change in the cade scene!

Whitehaze wrote: 

Okay, Dilemma's royalty consist of entirely Ex-Legacy players, apart from Chillii. The majority of Dilemma's crews are Ex-Legacy crews. Our first couple of blockade we grabbed people like Darlie (Legacy) used people like Avior (Legacy) because we knew them. Does this make us a Legacy front too?

No, it does not. Neither did you leave Legacy in the middle of their ongoing October wars. Neither did you spin off Legacy the very week after they lost 10 islands. The timing of this, just an unlucky co-incidence? I do not think so.

Whitehaze wrote: 
At the end of the day, it was a ridiculous assumption to make.

I respectfully disagree, not everyone is as deep inside the head and schemes of Legacy's toxic manipulations. Legacy has a history of playing alts, alt-flags, proxy wars, and it always plays at the very shady border of what is barely legal within the TOS, but not acceptable to most, because in their mind it serves their sole purpose of winning at all cost.

I am not making any statements either for or against IC, I merely point out a pattern of coincidences that suggest the possibility that Annex is a Legacy front. I hear you, when you say that this is not so, but I am not entirely convinced based on what I saw the last 5 days.

Legacy and their lackeys (Captainben) pulled a smart political move today at Hadrian and Dendrite. IC fell for it, and made a number of poor decisons and political blunders in the heat of the moment that cost them dearly both in physical and political treasures. Granted, this is no different from what Legacy did do the last 4-6 months more smartly, but I am inclined to give IC the same benefit of the doubt that I gave Legacy 4-6 months ago.
----------------------------------------
Sverdrup, CPTN of Schroedinger's Cat, Heisenberg's Uncertainty, Meridian
[Oct 30, 2011 7:34:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rescue7



Joined: Aug 2, 2011
Posts: 10
Status: Offline

Re: Good to see a healthy change in the cade scene!

 
Legacy and their lackeys (Captainben) pulled a smart political move today at Hadrian and Dendrite. IC fell for it, and made a number of poor decisons and political blunders in the heat of the moment that cost them dearly both in physical and political treasures. Granted, this is no different from what Legacy did do the last 4-6 months more smartly, but I am inclined to give IC the same benefit of the doubt that I gave Legacy 4-6 months ago.



First off Captainben was merely running Hadrian. Kuskus (an ex-member of legacy), tenth, and myself were running this cade. (myself because it was their first cade)

And to be honest, if you saw the fleet Annex had it was very short of a Legacy fleet

At 1800 a seg you really think legacy would pull out after R1?

Third, you really think Myself, or Elfeesh would be on the nav team for legacy?? ((Elfeesh left, and I am a naver for Dilemma))

Edit: Spelling :D
----------------------------------------
----Rescue of Viridian----
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Rescue7 at Oct 30, 2011 7:46:51 PM]
[Oct 30, 2011 7:45:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

Member's Avatar


Joined: May 3, 2007
Posts: 1800
Status: Offline
Re: Good to see a healthy change in the cade scene!

Sverdrup wrote:
 
Legacy and their lackeys (Captainben) pulled a smart political move today at Hadrian and Dendrite. IC fell for it, and made a number of poor decisons and political blunders in the heat of the moment that cost them dearly both in physical and political treasures. Granted, this is no different from what Legacy did do the last 4-6 months more smartly, but I am inclined to give IC the same benefit of the doubt that I gave Legacy 4-6 months ago.


How you came to this train of thought is insane, dude. Captainben pulling a smart political move? Not to be a dick to Ben (luvubro) but when has he ever pullaed a smart political move? Your comment would be an excellent defense, if you were trying to use it on individuals not yet out of Elementary school.
----------------------------------------
Bunnyspawn, Malachite's most arrogant player.

Also Bunnyspawn on Sage and Hunter;Disgraced on Viridian.

I support PvP in sinking environments.
[Oct 30, 2011 7:45:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 169   Pages: 6   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates