• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5983 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
xelto

Pirates of Penzance presents a Cruise(r)-In!

Canceled due to real life. My apologies.

What: Want a chance to show off the ships you've blinged out? Want a chance to see what the ocean has done with their ships? This Saturday is your opportunity!
Where: Hunter ocean!
[b]When: Starts at 9:30 AM game time, and again at 9:30 PM game time, running for about half an hour each time. This way, no matter where you live, you'll have a chance to enter. If you're outside of North America, please note that North America is still on daylight savings time. No, don't ask me why.
Why: Pretty pixels are pretty.
How: If you want to show off your ship, simply chart a course to anywhere, then set your ship to flotilla attack and your chat bubble to anything you want that indicates you're part of the event. Then job everyone who applies, let them see your piece of art. I will have an alt who's inspecting the entries, while my main is showing off my own Cursed Isle Raider to everyone who hasn't had their eyes hurt by it.

Judging: To be eligible to win, your ship must have started its life as a regular ship. Promotional painted ships, limited edition, and unlimited edition ships may be shown off, but are not eligible for winning. Judging will be done by me, and my decision is final. I will be judging based on appearance and theming. Furthermore, you can't be part of a flag that dropped at any time that will overlap with the event. I specifically chose times outside of the usual blockade periods, and while I know that this isn't going to be anywhere near as important as a blockade, it would be nice to not have to compete for attention.
Prize: The winning entry will receive a Cursed-class sloop.
Other stuff: There is no entry fee. I will set up a tournament before each event, letting the ocean know what's going on.
----------------------------------------
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Edit 5 times, last edit by xelto at Nov 2, 2011 7:23:10 PM]
[Oct 30, 2011 5:36:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elbeejay

Re: Pirates of Penzance presents a Cruise(r)-In! (Sat Nov 6)

Psst, Saturday is the 5th.
-Elbee on Hunter, Sage, Viridian, and Malachite
[Oct 30, 2011 9:10:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Psst, Saturday is the 5th.

Fixed. It was a long night, sorry
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Oct 30, 2011 9:47:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Auntyjemima

Couldn't this be confusing if someone runs a flot on that day?

"Hey wtf newb this isn't even decorated!?!?!?!"

Nortoneer says, "Kitty.."
Nortoneer says, "How do you think yer kitten would do at sails?"
Hellkitty says, "he'd probably purr-fur rigs"

[Oct 30, 2011 4:39:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alesanaftw

Couldn't this be confusing if someone runs a flot on that day?

"Hey wtf newb this isn't even decorated!?!?!?!"

Read the bubble.

"Jobbing Resp+ for sinky flot" and "Entering the PoP Cruise(r)-In event! are a lot different

Anyway this seems fun. Wish I kept all my themed sloops though. Oh well, guess I have a reason to make another xD.
Tjjsalt (Hunter and Cobalt)
All opinions I express are mine alone.

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Alesanaftw at Oct 30, 2011 7:39:13 PM]
[Oct 30, 2011 7:10:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Furarri

"Jobbing Resp+ for sinky flot" and "Entering the PoP Cruise(r)-In event!

This would be a great way to show off yer sloop before ye sink it.
If ye win ye get a replacment.

.... submarines are out!
Slimbottom won't like this at all.

Awesome avatar by Terrify! Thanks!
[Nov 2, 2011 4:51:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Re: Pirates of Penzance presents a Cruise(r)-In! (Sat Nov 5)

I apologize for this, but I'm going to have to cancel the event. My parents decided to come to town this weekend to spend time with their grandkids, and I can't guarantee that I will be available on Saturday.
[Nov 2, 2011 7:20:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates