• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 90
Posts: 90   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8454 times and has 89 replies Next Thread
Monliz

Imperial Coalition Intent to defend Hadrian and the Bushes

Help IC defend against the Obvious!-For one brief shining moment what was once known as the flag called Tyranny!

Where: Hadrian Island on the Viridian Ocean
Date: Sunday, October 30, 2011
Time: Jobbing begins at 6:00am gametime
Jobbing Contacts: Lizzyalt and Jamm
Pay: 1k/seg

Who do you see in Tyranny? A zebra cannot change it's stripes no matter how hard it tries. Please also support The Bretheren Court as it defends Dendrite against Annex. Be sure you look real close there too!
----------------------------------------
Monlizzy
Captain and Counselor of Midnight Aurora
Queen of Imperial Coalition on the Meridian Ocean
Queen of Lion's Bane on the Obsidian Ocean
Princess of Tell No Tales on the Emerald Ocean
Shawe tells ye, "would not be surprised if you wer
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Monliz at Oct 29, 2011 10:22:05 PM]
[Oct 29, 2011 10:15:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NathanShawn

Re: Imperial Coalition Intent to defend Hadrian and the Bushes

Good luck Lizzy, Antheas will be there to help.
Nathanshawn:
Something of the crew Truth be Told.
Something else of the flag United we Stand.

~Hai ai r Nayfin, Ai ish a Polar Bear.~
[Oct 29, 2011 10:39:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rissarissa13

Wow. Yeah, okay.. Good luck both of you.

On the flip side if I make it join, but I need my sleep you know.

<3
Riss -Sweet Surrender -Princess of Imperial Coalition - Meridian

But, even when our hopes give way to reality and we finally have to surrender to the truth, it just means we've lost today battle. Not tomorrows war. - Grey's Anatomy

[Oct 29, 2011 11:15:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
benrenshaw

Lizzy, your the shining light in my life. I wish everybody could be like you, although if everyone were we'd have a lot of whining, calling people bullies and generally have no blockades whatsoever.

Thank you for taking your time to make this intent. It means the world to me to know that you feel I am important enough for an INTENT! I truly hope you have a lot of fun, or as Curses said after saying has Avienda given you PoE yet, 'k, fun it is'. He didn't sound impressed.

I hope you guys at IC know i'm just trying to have some fun, that Imperial Coalition hasn't blockaded in a good year (apart from flagsits and events which have been really really fun, ooh yeaaa). The only reason I dropped was because your members seemed incredibly agitated. Anything said would result in poop-throwing. Although first I saw it as period pains, I now realize they have not had the chance to release their teenage anger in a good blockade, firing their minicannons at little flags their paranoia helps them to overcome before any drop.

I'm not going to lie Lizzy, this is probably the most paranoid intent I've seen. It's also, in my eyes, a rather pathetic attempt to ride populist winds to secure a defense against a small flag, when you already have a SMA behind you.

Besides, isn't it supposed to be the tiger? Who is scared of a zebra?

Anyway... Good luck!

Edit: So what your trying to say is "That flag is the evil Legacy in disguise, trying to come back! Stomp them, stomp them!'' just to win extra support.

You Lizzy, are a genius.
Captainben on Meridian
Basicx on Emerald
[Edit 3 times, last edit by benrenshaw at Oct 30, 2011 1:21:45 AM]
[Oct 30, 2011 12:49:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Elliptic

Bringing up the tiger/zebra thing, you really ought to have somehow accused her of only seeing things in black and white.
"That is not how the question frames itself."

Wend, royal archophobe
[Oct 30, 2011 1:00:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
russellm2

Wow. Yeah, okay.. Good luck both of you.

On the flip side if I make it join, but I need my sleep you know.

<3

Powerbow of Meridian and Emerald.
[Oct 30, 2011 3:18:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

Imperial Coalition hasn't blockaded in a good year (apart from flagsits and events which have been really really fun, ooh yeaaa).

Hadrian XIV
Hadrian XV
Garden XVII
Hadrian XVI
Garden XVIII
Labyrinth XX
Garden XXII

That's since May this year, given a 5 month break after the immense amount of blockades IC undertook in November/December to recover from being literally burnt out.

I didn't include Havoc as that's the only one i don't feel was a proper blockade, whereas I can say that for each one of those i expected a full blockade, and some of those were flagsits which i'd hoped for a contested blockade with. I personally never turned up to a blockade hoping that a blockade wasn't about to happen and i'm pretty sure nobody in IC did either.

Also, I don't really see your grounds for calling IC island sitters when they've actively gone to take islands, if all they did was sit on islands they'd be sat on 0 still. I personally wanted to see Laby and the first Hadrian kade in particular go into a strong, tight kade, and I was disappointed when both were a no-show. We had a mini kade-a-thon with PA, and to be honest, I was hoping Legacy would show up last weekend. But they're broke. Right guys?

It's also, in my eyes, a rather pathetic attempt to ride populist winds to secure a defense against a small flag, when you already have a SMA behind you.

The main focus of intents for a very long time, since before i was kading, has been based on winning jobber support. It's mostly why people draw pretty pictures or come up with creative ideas before a blockade, so there's nothing wrong with that at all.

Bringing up the tiger/zebra thing, you really ought to have somehow accused her of only seeing things in black and white.

sigged for plain awesomeness.
Disengaged.

Dexade tells ye, "i m not talking to you and dont want your cookies!"
[Oct 30, 2011 3:40:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

You Ben, are a genius.

Fixed.
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Oct 30, 2011 3:57:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

I think claiming Annex is a Legacy front is a bit far-fetched, and this is just a bit of fun from ben, so to be honest, using the whole "Legacy suck lets gang up on them" to get even more jobbers than you already do from all your alliances is weak. You don't need to ride the wave of hatred in order to get even more jobbers, though it is possible that neutral parties have read this and come to the same conclusion as I, resulting in you losing jobbers as opposed to the planned gain of said.
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Oct 30, 2011 6:40:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

You seem to be taking this personally and it isn't the first time I've heard of you doing that. You're not going to be making or keeping any friends like that and you'll certainly sour the blockade experience for a lot of other people too. Just to let you know.
[removed by SOPA]
[Oct 30, 2011 6:44:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

Out of interest. Any sort of explanation for Dendrite? Or just out of utter spite?
Recruiting a 'Nagflar' character to hold my camel.
# Team Bacon Strips # SwagSauce # YOTO.
[Oct 30, 2011 8:48:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Judiciousman

sup guys

i'm IC... and there's a new flag entering on dendrite for the first time...

so i'm just gonna outship/outjob them like crazy. WHO NEEDS NEW FLAGS AND FAIR BLOCKADES?

edit: i forgot the high pay and sinky too :(

IC FTW.
Wirelesscon, Wirelessconn - Emerald
Wirelesscon - Meridian

Causing 87 comment facebook wars like it's my job.
Melany tells ye, "I secretly like you"
Daquan tells ye, "hi bby how are you <3333"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Judiciousman at Oct 30, 2011 8:59:11 AM]
[Oct 30, 2011 8:55:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
2NDSKY

I'm glad to see IC is helping new flags enter the blockade scene. It's not like you outjobbed by 100++, kept pay at an amount that could be called paywar for an outpost like Dendrite and made it sinking. Keep at it IC, you truely are amazing towards the small guys.
Shadowie on Obsidian
[Oct 30, 2011 9:04:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethonx

You guys didn't get the memo? The theme of today is ironically reversed flag names. Enjoy~
Aethonx- Meridian
[Oct 30, 2011 9:07:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

sup guys

i'm IC... and there's a new flag entering on dendrite for the first time...

so i'm just gonna outship/outjob them like crazy. WHO NEEDS NEW FLAGS AND FAIR BLOCKADES?

edit: i forgot the high pay and sinky too :(

IC FTW.

But Zaq, IC didn't run Dendrite, we just used the same kade crew, the staff were mostly TBC and after everybody ran away from Hadrian then there wasn't much to play with, so we stepped over and helped.

If you're gonna show up and kade, do it for more than one round, don't pull out with 5 minutes to go till the next one and we might not end up outjobbing by 150.

*edit - we didn't intentionally want to outjob Annex by that much, we just had that many jobbers in our crew after the opposition very quickly pulled out, and TBC felt that it was best to use most of those jobbers on multiple war brigs. We entered 2 war frigs at the start of Hadrian because we had to find use for 200 jobbers and Pay for Play had shown up, if we had our intention of screwing over Annex purposefully then we'd have used all 200 instead.
Disengaged.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Randomite at Oct 30, 2011 9:35:07 AM]
[Oct 30, 2011 9:30:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

Seriously blaming ben for that shit? Jobbing was totally in your hands.
[Oct 30, 2011 9:33:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

Derp ben sux an made us do it u guys r dum go die lols u sukc we r gr8 dont be jeluzs!?1?
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Oct 30, 2011 9:35:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

Derp ben sux an made us do it u guys r dum go die lols u sukc we r gr8 dont be jeluzs!?1?

Bunnyspawn, Malachite's most arrogant player.

Also Bunnyspawn on Sage and Hunter;Disgraced on Viridian.

I support PvP in sinking environments.
[Oct 30, 2011 9:36:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

Not really, i'm arguing against that we tried to outjob by as much as we did. We could clearly see both Tyranny and P4P working together on the board, and then the Annex jobbers came into it. We were outjobbing massively after R1 ended at Hadrian so we stopped using the NB but then P4P + Tyranny pulled out, and most of the time on Hadrian we were badly outshipped by both flags working together anyway.

edit - if you feel that it's our intention to outjob, check out Round 2 right now.
Disengaged.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Randomite at Oct 30, 2011 9:40:49 AM]
[Oct 30, 2011 9:37:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

20 hours blockade anyone?
Roseh

[Oct 30, 2011 9:37:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

Some more sympathetic and easily-fooled people may have been inclined to believe your story had Lizzy not openly accused the attackers of being a Legacy or Ben-backed flag prior to the blockade. It's also easy to point at how nice you're being in R2 after seeing the reaction to the ruthlessness shown in R1.
[removed by SOPA]
[Oct 30, 2011 9:46:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Just for illustration.

Pay was raised and matched multiple times.

iThirdParty was allied with Tyranny and on the same vent. P4P and Tyranny did not intentionally target eachother, but they didn't cooperate/share vent either.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Oct 30, 2011 9:49:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

Not really, i'm arguing against that we tried to outjob by as much as we did. We could clearly see both Tyranny and P4P working together on the board, and then the Annex jobbers came into it. We were outjobbing massively after R1 ended at Hadrian so we stopped using the NB but then P4P + Tyranny pulled out, and most of the time on Hadrian we were badly outshipped by both flags working together anyway.

edit - if you feel that it's our intention to outjob, check out Round 2 right now.

No, it was very clear you had no intention to outjob. I do realise that the 4/1 ship advantage in round one was just to be safe, and was totally Ben's fault (damn you for making them do that!). And yes, playing fair when the contender has pulled out makes you a very good sport, + 10 to you sir.
[Oct 30, 2011 9:50:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

Some more sympathetic and easily-fooled people may have been inclined to believe your story

The people who weren't actually in vent and listening nor paying attention to the fact that we stopped jobbing and tried to dry up jobbers with Hadrian, are perhaps the people you're suggesting are those less fooled about it?
Disengaged.

[Oct 30, 2011 9:52:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

No, it was very clear you had no intention to outjob. I do realise that the 4/1 ship advantage in round one was just to be safe, and was totally Ben's fault (damn you for making them do that!). And yes, playing fair when the contender has pulled out makes you a very good sport, + 10 to you sir.

Double post unless sniped, but we didn't have a 4/1 outjobbing until they pulled out. Of course we're gonna outjob if 3 flags just pull out and lose all their jobbers, it's basic maths, our jobbers don't just evaporate.
Disengaged.

[Oct 30, 2011 9:54:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

20 hours blockade anyone?

/sign
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Oct 30, 2011 9:55:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

No, the people who have worked with Lizzy before and know that she takes things to a personal level very easily and wouldn't be surprised to see her do everything possible steamroll her opposition in such a state.

Edit: In response to Randomite's vent comment.
[removed by SOPA]
[Edit 1 times, last edit by kenjennings at Oct 30, 2011 9:56:40 AM]
[Oct 30, 2011 9:55:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

I personaly can't believe one weekend everyone is working for what we believe it's the best for the blockade scene and the next the mayority of this group pull a move like this, way to blow your covers.
Roseh

[Oct 30, 2011 10:03:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

What? If you don't load ships, jobbers leave. I generally don't have a clue how you are even trying to defend this.

Edit: Whoever was navving Rude Ling in R2. I'd keep those carpers, they were super impressive
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Whitehazed at Oct 30, 2011 10:15:46 AM]
[Oct 30, 2011 10:14:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

After being given a frig and then told by Barhoum that a third party paying 2.5k/seg is coming in to help after we were slightly ahead on jobbers, then not being told by either of the people running the show in TBC as to why, i've just decided to log off instead of nav. I have no intention of screwing anyone over through outjobbing, and nor was i using this to cover for the outjobbing earlier, intentional or not. I just want to make it clear i won't be taking part in any kade in which outjobbing is the intention, nor will i involve myself with Barhoum in another blockade.
Disengaged.

[Oct 30, 2011 10:16:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 90   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates