• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1599 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Sverdrup

Toxic Pirates, Toxic Flags

Contemplate the state of ocean affairs, I stumbled across a description of toxic pirates who have a distinctive thinking pattern. They tend to believe that:

1. Having power and control gives them excitement in life, and they are always seeking excitement.

2. They are unique. They see themselves as smarter, more creative and more important than ordinary people. They are narcissistic (self-centered) and grandiose (self-important).

3. They are never wrong. When they don't get what they want, or are caught in dishonest or manipulative behavior, they complain that they have been victimized, misunderstood, or mistreated.

4. They are good people, despite their manipulative, exploitative or otherwise harmful behavior.

5. Caring equals using. They believe that if you care about them, you will let them manipulate and take advantage of you.

6. People who work hard just aren't clever enough to attain their goals through "easier" and quicker means such as scheeming and manipulation.

7. They are entitled to have what they want regardless of the consequences for themselves or others. They can rationlize the use of any means in the pursuit of their goals.

It sums up what I think of Avienda as the spokesperson of Legacy based on public utterances and propaganda that almost always contradicts her flag's actions.
----------------------------------------
Sverdrup, CPTN of Schroedinger's Cat, Heisenberg's Uncertainty, Meridian
[Oct 29, 2011 5:57:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
M_Cobain

Re: Toxic Pirates, Toxic Flags

This looks like one of those Facebook posts I always skip.
Martobain

YPPedia improved with Tom Cruise the Elephant (who's my friend and buddy) catalogue!
[Oct 29, 2011 5:59:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jongy5

Did you skip it? I personally got bored
Musicologist : Self-proclaimed Master Minstrel mostly of Meridian

Message from Team Evil: Fine, we'll pass the petition along to Hera for you even though you're pro-Team Purple, but we refuse to be happy about it! #TeamEvilisAWESOME
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jongy5 at Oct 29, 2011 7:55:36 AM]
[Oct 29, 2011 7:55:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

1- Want something done right? Do it yourself.

2- At least I know someone loves me. Now you noobs don't have to :D

4- Add explosive, not just exploitive

5- . In some cases, this isnt so much the mentality on intent as the mentality in retrospect.
Like it isnt- 'he cares, lets use em'
its 'he cares! im using him arent I? oh crap. should i stop? no, ill look like an ass. well, guess im gonna use him till someone calls me out'

#5 then leads to #3- Justification has many angles.

6- Take off the first part. Its not that other people arent smart enough. Its, 'why do it your way if I like my ways better?'

7- Of course. If you have a problem, stop me. Its how its always been done, aye?

An angle a day keeps stagnation away.
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Oct 29, 2011 9:55:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nitroglyceri

I read it anyway. Don't know why I did; don't even care about flag politics.

...I should stick with losing at the poker tables.
Explosives of Viridian

That guy nobody knows or cares about.
[Oct 29, 2011 10:00:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ice_devil

Hellacious/Hellaciouss/Defunct/Hamsterz
Capy tells ye, "I'm sorry... I don't know you well enough yet to allow you cam time!"
Plu tells ye, "screw you..Im interfering in every cade you ever contend&q
[Oct 29, 2011 12:52:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

These things could all be said for any influential political figure by an opponent who resents them. I can almost guarantee they have, I just can't be bothered to provide an example.
[removed by SOPA]
[Oct 29, 2011 1:11:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
the_rock99

Point 2. - Guilty.
Greatness.
Better than you.
[Oct 30, 2011 3:23:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates