• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 85
Posts: 85   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8014 times and has 84 replies Next Thread
Taytaytatty

Dub Price Exceeding 7k

Just seems a little bit ridiculous, and does not help our small ocean by having dub prices so high. I only see two immediate solutions:

1) ringers control dub price before everyone leaves the ocean
2) pirates who sell dubs have a little bit of concern about what they are doing to the ocean and are guilted into lowering prices.

Currently, im with number 1.

And dont bitch about free trade and all of that, its a game, its meant to be fun, high dub price does not make it fun and only increases the possibility that mala is shut down.

- Tay
----------------------------------------
Native of Malachite

Ye have received 1 piece of eight from Asuras.
Asuras says, "tay for normal clothes :P not for alkohol xD"

Flag Website
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Taytaytatty at Oct 26, 2011 7:21:22 PM]
[Oct 26, 2011 6:38:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

Re: Dub Price Exceeding 7k

Someone's just trying to mess with the dub exchange by buying all the previous sell offers and then posting more at a way higher price. Anyone who has doubloons to sell should sell them back at a lower, normal price, and it'll settle back down in a day or two.
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[Oct 26, 2011 7:26:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

Someone's just trying to mess with the dub exchange by buying all the previous sell offers and then posting more at a way higher price. Anyone who has doubloons to sell should sell them back at a lower, normal price, and it'll settle back down in a day or two.

This.

Anyone taking bets on whom this is? I have an idea!
Emmett
[Oct 26, 2011 11:30:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

This.

No idea, kind of sucks that it's so easily manipulated though :(

Somebody might find themselves with no playmates if this keeps up.
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Oct 27, 2011 12:09:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mitchie101

The problem with this ridiculous dub price is that new players will not find motivation to stay on our ocean. Hmm, to work for 7000 PoE for 1 doubloon or to work for 1500 PoE for 1 doubloon (Viridian)? The choice is easily made.

Like Nil already said, if players themselves will try to influence the dub exchange, they will be bought out by the player who is doing this and will eventually still be at the same level as it is now unless someone with a high dub reserve will step in and try to lower the dub prices.

To sum it up, it is hard to prevent because of the small playerbase and not a lot of people being on the dub market to stop this. Ringers' influence would be nice to at least set some sort of maximum that the dubs can be sold for. A limit which will disallow players to sell dubs for higher than that. Of course it will decrease free trade, but Malachite needs some sort of solution and with high dub prices no one is encouraged to start playing on our ocean.
Mitch on Obsidian.
Mitchiie on Meridian and Emerald.
[Oct 27, 2011 7:57:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

Mala poe is just worthless compared to dubs and this is how it shows by temporary super inflation :D
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Oct 27, 2011 10:16:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

This.

No idea, kind of sucks that it's so easily manipulated though :(

Somebody might find themselves with no playmates if this keeps up.

Luckily for them, Malachite is not their home.
Emmett
[Oct 27, 2011 10:42:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
oopoorah

I'd certainly like to who you suspect - if your inuendo is pointing to me or my flag you are incorrect sir. period. But do name names? Not like you to beat around the bush....

I have a good suspicion as well.....
PD
PoopyDog
slave to Plu
Captain of Burn Notice

Monarch of the flag
Effective Immediately
[Oct 27, 2011 4:20:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

I'd certainly like to who you suspect - if your inuendo is pointing to me or my flag you are incorrect sir. period. But do name names? Not like you to beat around the bush....

I have a good suspicion as well.....
PD

You give yourself too much credit. Believe it or not, you are not the only group of people that pretends to play here.

And you say I have an ego? Hah.
Emmett
[Oct 27, 2011 8:12:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

Those who act defensive before names have been named tend to be guilty in some manner.
Bunnyspawn, Malachite's most arrogant player.

Also Bunnyspawn on Sage and Hunter;Disgraced on Viridian.

I support PvP in sinking environments.
[Oct 27, 2011 8:54:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
oopoorah

Those who act defensive before names have been named tend to be guilty in some manner.

You are an idiot.
PoopyDog
slave to Plu
Captain of Burn Notice

Monarch of the flag
Effective Immediately
[Oct 28, 2011 3:46:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

lol
Sincerely
[Oct 28, 2011 7:27:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

You are an idiot.

Malachite, I present to you- Poopydog.

Real Poopydog, anyway.
Emmett
[Oct 28, 2011 7:27:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
totoiseshell

You are an idiot.

Real Poopydog, anyway.

Malachite, I present to you- Emmett and Bunnyspawn.

Real Emmett and Bunnyspawn, anyway.
Inum

Castor says, "No, no! You don't know the secret doohickeys!"
Castor says, "You'll blow up the server!"

Galene says, "I'll trade it to Inum, she can sort it out later! :D"

[Oct 28, 2011 7:46:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

You are an idiot.

Real Poopydog, anyway.

I've been doing the same thing for the past three years. The difference is that we put action with our message, as we are willing to fight for the good of this ocean.

Whereas, on the other hand, Poopydog's gang goes though periods of active ocean destruction, gets defeated, petters out, Inum quits, then it rises again in a few months and the cycle repeats.

Inum's personality is on a parallel cycle.
Emmett
[Oct 28, 2011 8:24:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mitchie101

This ocean is getting more ridiculous every day. Instead of ranting at each other every minute and looking for pathetic arguments, try to work out a solution for problems.
Mitch on Obsidian.
Mitchiie on Meridian and Emerald.
[Oct 28, 2011 8:26:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ice_devil

This ocean is getting more ridiculous every day. Instead of ranting at each other every minute and looking for pathetic arguments, try to work out a solution for problems.

They aren't real problems, one of Malachite's biggest flaws is that there are no flags left that won't just shut up and kade.
Hellacious/Hellaciouss/Defunct/Hamsterz
Capy tells ye, "I'm sorry... I don't know you well enough yet to allow you cam time!"
Plu tells ye, "screw you..Im interfering in every cade you ever contend&q
[Oct 28, 2011 2:32:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

They aren't real problems, one of Malachite's biggest flaws is that there are no flags left that won't just shut up and kade.

I want to comment but I won't.

Oh, and come visit more often! Our chats never last more than three minutes.
Emmett
[Oct 28, 2011 3:25:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
oopoorah

You are an idiot.

Real Poopydog, anyway.

I've been doing the same thing for the past three years. The difference is that we put action with our message, as we are willing to fight for the good of this ocean.

Whereas, on the other hand, Poopydog's gang goes though periods of active ocean destruction, gets defeated, petters out, Inum quits, then it rises again in a few months and the cycle repeats.

Since when is a greedy communist or facist dictatorship with a constant need for "living space" a good thing for the ocean ?
(Yes it sure seems to be a good thing for you and yours...)

They thought the same in Germany in 1937 how did that turn out?

Shut up and cade sounds good.

Who's stepping up this weekend and next?
PoopyDog
slave to Plu
Captain of Burn Notice

Monarch of the flag
Effective Immediately
[Oct 28, 2011 3:27:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ice_devil

You are an idiot.

Real Poopydog, anyway.

Since when is a greedy communist or facist dictatorship with a constant need for "living space" a good thing for the ocean ?

Shut up and cade sounds good.

Who's stepping up this weekend and next?

Greedy communists shut up and kade, I think. (so obviously, there aren't any communists on Mala)
Hellacious/Hellaciouss/Defunct/Hamsterz
Capy tells ye, "I'm sorry... I don't know you well enough yet to allow you cam time!"
Plu tells ye, "screw you..Im interfering in every cade you ever contend&q
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ice_devil at Oct 28, 2011 3:35:39 PM]
[Oct 28, 2011 3:35:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
totoiseshell

Wait... So EI kinda moved sorta... and now look. As soon as we left the ocean dies. yeah totally our fault :D
Inum

[Oct 28, 2011 3:42:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
benrenshaw

Nice random date. I don't know how you think 1937 was pivotal or stood out in anyway during the Nazi fascist regime. Please enlighten me for I am truly interested.
Captainben on Meridian
Basicx on Emerald
[Oct 28, 2011 4:23:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

Nice random date. I don't know how you think 1937 was pivotal or stood out in anyway during the Nazi fascist regime. Please enlighten me for I am truly interested.

I understand that you dislike my ideas, but how are they in any way communist or fascist?

I feel like you throw out random historical terms that have negative connotations.

A better term would be "Liberal."
Emmett
[Oct 28, 2011 5:23:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taytaytatty

This just went so off topic.

Spend more time playing the game then talking about it, seriously. No wonder the ocean is dead, you are all too busy talking shit and pumping up your ego's on the forums.
Native of Malachite

Ye have received 1 piece of eight from Asuras.
Asuras says, "tay for normal clothes :P not for alkohol xD"

Flag Website
[Oct 28, 2011 5:26:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

This just went so off topic.

Spend more time playing the game then talking about it, seriously. No wonder the ocean is dead, you are all too busy talking shit and pumping up your ego's on the forums.

We just blockaded Zuyua and Drogeo. I'm not sure what else you are expecting.

If you mean ocean building, that is also being worked on and I believe one of your royals has been told about that as well.

His name is probably Ions.
Emmett
[Oct 28, 2011 5:28:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

Lulz, Poopy doesn't know his WWII era facts and trivia. Oh well :(
Ions
Captain of the Pimps at Sea.

Avatars by Inghild, Yumisa ...and Imp.
[Oct 28, 2011 5:43:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
totoiseshell

Poopy said Fascist dictatorship, not communism btw ;)
edit: well he said both, but was referencing fascist dictatorships. learn history before you lecture someone else on it.
Inum

[Edit 1 times, last edit by totoiseshell at Oct 28, 2011 8:35:28 PM]
[Oct 28, 2011 8:34:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

Poopy said Fascist dictatorship, not communism btw ;)
edit: well he said both, but was referencing fascist dictatorships. learn history before you lecture someone else on it.

Since when is a greedy communist or facist dictatorship with a constant need for "living space" a good thing for the ocean ? (Yes it sure seems to be a good thing for you and yours...) They thought the same in Germany in 1937 how did that turn out?

Edit-The Spanish Civil war would not apply here, so I don't understand the use of 1937.

You could use the Sino-Japanese war, but Nazi Germany was not a belligerent.

Double-Edit: Or the rise of Brazilian dictator Getúlio Vargas
Emmett
[Edit 2 times, last edit by monstersoda at Oct 28, 2011 8:42:17 PM]
[Oct 28, 2011 8:36:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
totoiseshell

Quoted from Wikipedia, Adolf Hitler's page. Go ahead and look me up. Last line of the first paragraph.

Hitler is most commonly associated with the rise of fascism in Europe, World War II, and the Holocaust.

Inum

[Oct 28, 2011 8:47:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

Quoted from Wikipedia, Adolf Hitler's page. Go ahead and look me up. Last line of the first paragraph.

Hitler is most commonly associated with the rise of fascism in Europe, World War II, and the Holocaust.

That's great, but that doesn't mean he started it, Mussolini started fascism. And 1937 was Spanish Civil War. You guys aren't very good at history. If I may quote George S. Patton,

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won’t."

And yes, that was a completely irrelevant quote, but it's one of my favorites.
Ions
Captain of the Pimps at Sea.

Avatars by Inghild, Yumisa ...and Imp.
[Oct 28, 2011 8:54:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 85   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates