• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2564 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
Auntyjemima

Just think.... Reply to this Post

What do you think you'd be like if you'd been spawned to a diferent ocean as a greenie or joined different crews...
would you still even play the game? Would you still be a greenie trying to figure out what the game is about?

I made this thread beacause i'm interested in what people would be like if something different had happened when they were a greenie :D

Example:

Cirumstances: I'd been spawned on Sage instead of Hunter.

I think I probably would had left the game if i'd been spawned on sage. The reason why is that I made a pirate on sage way back and went onto sage thinking i'd move oceans. 9/10 people I met didn't give a crap about me because I was just a greenie.

(Not hating on sage, just what I saw. From what i see on the forums there are lots of nice people on sage.)
----------------------------------------

Nortoneer says, "Kitty.."
Nortoneer says, "How do you think yer kitten would do at sails?"
Hellkitty says, "he'd probably purr-fur rigs"

[Oct 24, 2011 8:47:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

Re: Just think.... Reply to this Post

It wouldn't have made a difference, I just liked the puzzles.

I originally spawned on sage (where I did meet some great people), but found my niche on Malachite - and I tried a few oceans out before finding a crew I was happy in. After my first experience with a crew, it took my captain ages to talk me into joining him - and it's still home 3 years later.
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Oct 24, 2011 12:39:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bronzebeard

There wasn't much choice ocean-wise when I started. I chanced upon some good crews both on Azure and Midnight though. Don't know if I'd have found it so fun if I'd ended up in a big flag at the start.
Peglegpaul
Now on Obsidian!
[Oct 24, 2011 12:45:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ebon_Sol

I originally chose Midnight because I liked the color, and I preferred the option of sub over dub (at the time, the free portion was still just a limited time trial) because you get access to everything without always having to buy some kind of badge. Less hassle that way, to me.

Looking back, I think I made the best choice, at least as far as which sub ocean I ended up in, although I do wish we had the population levels of the dub oceans.
Ebonsol of the Midnight / Cerulean ocean
Senior Officer of the crew Captivated Spirits
Owner of 2 stalls: Weaving (on Guava), and Ironmonger (on Cranberry)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ebon_Sol at Oct 24, 2011 1:40:09 PM]
[Oct 24, 2011 1:39:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jongy5

Spawned Viridian- 4 years ago
Left
Returned: Spawned on Sage
Said "wait wasn't that one server thingy called Viridian"
Moved

The end :D!
Musicologist : Self-proclaimed Master Minstrel mostly of Meridian

Message from Team Evil: Fine, we'll pass the petition along to Hera for you even though you're pro-Team Purple, but we refuse to be happy about it! #TeamEvilisAWESOME
[Oct 24, 2011 3:03:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

Had I spawned anywhere else than Azure I would have immediately submitted a bug report.
[Oct 25, 2011 7:26:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Auntyjemima

Had I spawned anywhere else than Azure I would have immediately submitted a bug report.

xD

Nortoneer says, "Kitty.."
Nortoneer says, "How do you think yer kitten would do at sails?"
Hellkitty says, "he'd probably purr-fur rigs"

[Oct 25, 2011 8:38:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Decency

I spawned on Viridan about 5 years ago, although I have made many friends on just about every ocean (except midnight, which I've never played). Currently I think Mala is good for what I want out of Y!PP though.
Decency: All over the place

Ions tells ye, "I'm going to have sex with my cat now."

Ions says, "I have always wanted to have sex with a penguin"

[Oct 26, 2011 4:48:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alesanaftw

I started out on Cobalt, I played there for like 1-2 years and absolutely sucked.

I took a hiatus, since the friend I started with quit.

After a while I cam back and started on Hunter, still having my Cobalt pirates. I've been in like 5 crews (4 if you don't count WaterFall since it's broke up like 2 weeks after I joined.) for last last 3ish year on Hunter.
Tjjsalt (Hunter and Cobalt)
All opinions I express are mine alone.

[Oct 26, 2011 1:34:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

I got lucky - spawned on Cobalt and was invited into an outstanding crew after my first job. I'm still in that crew.

Had I spawned on Midnight, I don't know as there would be that much difference. However, had I spawned on a doubloon ocean, I would not have stayed to play very long. I am a hardcore subscriptionist - having to "pay as you go" irritates me no end, doesn't allow me to budget forward very handily, and (because I like being able to do anything when I log on depending on how I feel that day) would have been considered a waste of my money.

So yeah - my spawned ocean would have been an all-or-nothing, and I just got lucky.
Pizzahutpete on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince, Super Awesomeness
SO, Boochin' Drunks

Pizzahutpete everywhere, thanks to the merge
[Oct 27, 2011 1:23:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
PhoenyxStar

Spawned on Midnight - not really a surprise, it was the only ocean at the time after all. So I'm another one of those "If I'd spawned anywhere else I'd have put in a bug report" people
~ Phoenix or Danae

Depends on the colour of your ocean really.
[Oct 27, 2011 9:47:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

I downloaded the game in August 2006, evaluated the different ocean types, and made an informed decision on Sage, partly just from the sound of the name. smile

If I had spawned on Viridian or Hunter? Yeah, I probably would have fallen in with a group of nice people, and stayed just as long, but it certainly would have been different - for one, I would not have ever met my now-ex-fiancee and she never would have come to visit me, I never would have gone to visit Spain, and my life would be quite a bit poorer for that. We remain the best of friends.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Edit 1 times, last edit by LJAmethyst at Oct 27, 2011 10:05:45 PM]
[Oct 27, 2011 10:05:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

I spawned on Cobalt, moved to Viridian when I found the option to play on a free ocean.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Oct 29, 2011 11:18:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates