• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 20
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8074 times and has 19 replies Next Thread
Bauds

Halloween pillages, with raffles and competitions!

This is the first Rodger Me Hearty Event , and we plan to do them monthly! For this Saturday (22nd) until Monday 31st we will be running daily pillages (plus maybe some vikings and brigand kings) on our Halloween themed sloop with various prizes for participants. The pillage will take place in Ruby archipelago with Bauds/Peteypirate battle navigating for the most part (we might get Darkabyss to bnav some or Winterhill). There will be a guaranteed divvy of 15k+ and we expect to do about 5-8 battles each pillage. The pillages will be around 9PM - 1AM game time maybe half the time, with some being held at other times too, sometime between 3AM and midday game time.

Anyone who jobs for at least two battles and DOESN'T score a poor, booched or learning (this may seem harsh on greenies, but I think it has to be in place to prevent cheating or whatever, and greenies will still be elligble for other prizes), lazes a lot, leave in battle or is planked (we don't plank that often heh) will be entered into a raffle to be held the day after the event finishes.

Costumes are not required but are appreciated, and screenshots will be taken of custumes to be posted in this thread. The best costumes will be voted on by officers from the flag Rodger me Hearty and will receive prizes.

Whoever tops the report during forage and haul expeditions will receive prizes, as will whoever got the most incredibles on a particular voyage.

Red items will be given to jobbers on board if the ship gets blood. These will be distributed via a raffle probably during or after the pillage. 10k will also be added to the booty chest at port for each blood we get.

There will be other prizes for things like the best joke of a pillage, the silliest pirate on a pillage and some other currently undecided random things.

The only other rule is that pirates from the flag Rodger Me Hearty are not elligble for prizes.

If you don't want a particular prize you can substitute it for a prize of lower value, for example instead of a limited edition sloop you might prefer a painted cutter or 35k cash. The prize list isn't finalised but will include a phantom sloop, a painted (your choice of colour except black or gold) regular sloop, a red sloop, furniture, clothes and POE. The prize list will be added to this thread. There will be prizes for the top 3 pirates in the costume category at least and the raffle for all elligble jobbers.

Just in case you are curious, future competitions will include bakeoffs and tournaments, including ones for puzzles that don't get many competitions like hearts, spades and battle navigating, a Christmas or New Year duty puzzle bakeoff and some other stuff.

Any questions of course please ask by posting here, sending a PM or sending a tell on Midnight, as well as possibly letting us know what kind of time might suit you for a pillage! We won't be online between midday and 9PM game time for this event, but will be for some future events hopefully.

Good luck to ye all. Also thanks to Darkabyss/Pitta for creating the event and providing the prizes!

PS. Remember to check back here for winner announcements in case you won any of the categories and had to leave before port.
----------------------------------------
Spinny avatar by lovely Darkabyss.

Bauds and also Peteypirate, sailing on Cerulean.
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Bauds at Oct 23, 2011 12:57:54 AM]
[Oct 21, 2011 6:30:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bauds

Re: Halloween pillages, with raffles and competitions!

Raffle (winners will be announced Saturday Oct. 29th):

Two names will be drawn, each winner will get a 1 month subscription. There will be other prizes too, including furniture and clothes.

Costumes (to be voted on by Rodger Me Hearty members, try to be as creative as possible):

A Phantom sloop - Eerie Carp for the winner, a Cursed sloop for second place, and for third place there will be a painted sloop (winner's choice of colors with the exception of black or gold).

Blood (if any kraken blood is pillaged a raffle will be held at port for items as well as adding 10k to the divvy per blood):

1 red/ white sloop - Clever Alewife. The other prizes will include red rags, red furniture, red trinkets and any other red item we can come up with.

Prizes for whoever is top of the report during a forage or haul expedition, and most incredibles per pillage:

At the end of each pillage the person that got the most incredibles will get to chose a prize box. Prize boxes for this will include chromas, 1 rogue mark, clothing items or furniture.

Misc. Categories; each pillage we will have different events that can also win you some kind of prize, e.g. funniest joke, silliest person, someone winning a seemingly impossible battle, and anything else we can come up with while we are at sea. The current silly event will be announced before it starts to let you know. Prizes:

Furniture, trinkets and clothing items.

[Edit 5 times, last edit by Bauds at Oct 22, 2011 1:58:56 AM]
[Oct 22, 2011 1:45:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killducky

Re: Halloween Pillages

Hi everyone! First pillage is to be held tonight!!!! being Sat not sure what the earliest i can log on is but sometime past 9pm pirate time.

Remember costumes are not required but appreciated! pleeeeeeease get creative!!! dont just buy a mask at the palace. look around tailors, some offer great deals on old clothes, throw pieces together to make cool costumes! ie. brown rags and a middriff make an awesome cave girl!!! or brown rag pants and a purple shirt and you have Frankenstein!!!
Darkabyss, Senior Officer of Scupper Me Booty

As the sea is beautiful not only in calm but also in storm, so is happiness found not only in peace but also in strife.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by killducky at Oct 22, 2011 5:22:26 PM]
[Oct 22, 2011 5:15:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

Sounds fun =D Will these daily pillages be running every day from the 22nd until the 29th?
~~~ Adrielle, Ezzleart and Enfyz ~~~
... (& @AmazinAdrielle on Twitter) ...
[Oct 22, 2011 6:34:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
killducky

Yes. We plan on doing one pillage every day from now till the 29th, unless some unforseen event prevents it. We are also considering extending the event to the 31st so more of you can join in the fun.Like Bauds mentioned pillage times will vary, sorry none can be held 2 to 7pm pirate time but we can't log then.

As the sea is beautiful not only in calm but also in storm, so is happiness found not only in peace but also in strife.
[Oct 22, 2011 8:41:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bauds

Aye! Though I think because of server disconnects and Halloween being on the 31st we are going to keep it running until then. Today when there were disconnects mid-pillage Darkabyss managed to take screenshots of costumes and those on board for the overall raffle, as well as restore booty POE for the divvy after things were ok again. The pillage today will be at around 10 or 11AM game time, send me a PM if you want to have a place reserved on the sloop and please include yer favourite puzzles!

Edit: Oops, Dark beat me to it.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Bauds at Oct 23, 2011 12:56:10 AM]
[Oct 23, 2011 12:54:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
manky

Thank ye very much for running this! Having not read this post properly beforehand, it was the most fun and random pillage I've been on in a while!

AND I gots me a new bed in the bargain :D
the_rock99 wrote: 
Besides, gamers dont cheat. We grind and grind until we get it right.

[Oct 23, 2011 1:38:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killducky

Would like to thank all the people who have joined us in the last three pillages. Still a few days till the event is over, hope more of you can join. Special thanks to Zarchi for driving last nights pillage. And to Darvid for the generous booty addition he contributed on Saturday nights pillage. Bauds should be running a pillage at some point later in the day. Good luck and have fun.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by killducky at Oct 25, 2011 2:54:05 AM]
[Oct 25, 2011 2:23:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killducky

Event is now over! Thanks for joining us and putting up with our crazy shinnanigans, thanks for making this such a fun event! Raffle results will be posted in the following days. Coming up all the screenies of peoples costumes, also thanks to those of you who dressed up for this =D !!!! We will have the results of who won the costume part of the event in the following days, officers are still voting. Good luck to all!!!!

(Ladytifa's Costume)

[Edit 2 times, last edit by killducky at Nov 1, 2011 12:40:06 AM]
[Oct 31, 2011 9:49:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killducky

(Ginkibas Costume)

[Edit 1 times, last edit by killducky at Oct 31, 2011 9:52:56 PM]
[Oct 31, 2011 9:52:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killducky

(Brunkdastard's Costume)

[Oct 31, 2011 9:55:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killducky

(Kujo's Costume)

[Oct 31, 2011 9:58:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killducky

(Seashelly's Costume)

[Oct 31, 2011 10:00:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killducky

(Razelle's Costume)

[Oct 31, 2011 10:09:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killducky

(Coangel's Costume)

[Oct 31, 2011 10:45:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killducky

(Yoshi's Candy Cane Costume)

[Oct 31, 2011 10:53:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killducky

(Dixiebelle's Costume)

[Oct 31, 2011 10:56:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killducky

Zarchi's Medusa Costume

[Edit 3 times, last edit by killducky at Nov 16, 2011 7:55:45 PM]
[Nov 1, 2011 11:04:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killducky

This one doesnt count towards the costume contest, but wanted proof that we managed to get Winterhill into a costume after all!!! As you can see he lives up to his reputation of pure evilness.

(Winterhill"s Killer Devil Clown Costume) Thanks for being such a good sport Winter <3

[Edit 2 times, last edit by killducky at Nov 16, 2011 7:52:47 PM]
[Nov 1, 2011 11:23:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killducky

Re: Halloween pillages, with raffles and competitions Winners!!!

RAFFLE
Sarcasm - 1month sub
Garibaldi-1month sub or autumn cutter
Onna- choice of all carousing tables or lemon/white canopy bed
Seashelly- choice of a pig or a sheep
Capingranny- choice of cat,dog or small dog
Bittersweet- fancy wardrobe
Kajimoto- fall color outfit (brown/orange or brown/maroon)
Idiots fall color outfit(brown/orange or brown/maroon)
Mankette-10 whisks
Auroch- 10 whisks

BLOOD RAFFLE
Almost - red/white sloop

COSTUMES
1st place: Zarchi - haunted sloop
2nd place: Brunkdastard - ci sloop
3rd place: Superyoshi- reg sloop, his colors of choice
3rd place: Seashelley- regular sloop, her colors of choice
(was a tie between them so each get one)

Razelle - regular non painted sloop
Dixiebelle - regular non painted sloop elegant salmon
Ladytifa- box
Coangel-box
Kujo - box

Please try to collect prizes by the 20th of November. To claim prizes contact Peteypirate, Bauds, Pitta or Darkabyss.

Subscription winners if you want it to go onto an alt please send us the pirate name so we can do a /gift on the right pirate. If you won a clothing item let us know if you want subscriber or non subscriber. If you won a pet, or painted ship send us a tell, pm, or post here saying what pet or paint colors you want. If you have trouble catching any of the above pirates let someone from the crew or send a PM saying what time is best to catch you. Thanks to all who joined and congratz to the winners. Also would like to thank Winterhill and Bauds for their prize contributions, and driving the pillages.

*all edits are to cross out prizes that have been handed out.

[Edit 9 times, last edit by killducky at Nov 16, 2011 12:14:27 PM]
[Nov 2, 2011 8:59:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates