• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 42
Posts: 42   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4593 times and has 41 replies Next Thread
monstersoda

Vanity Names at the Expense of the Ocean

I honestly did not think I would have to do this, but here goes-

Poohb, on behalf of Effective Immediately, has changed the bank name to "Ei savings and loans"

I'm trying to find a way of wording how awful this is, but everything I can think of would insult their intelligence to the utmost degree.

I am fine with that actually.

Effective Immediately, you do a terrible job of managing islands and do so in a way that only boosts your egos (which are completely undeserved in the first place.)

Please think about the effect your actions have on the ocean before doing something so stupid and repulsive.
----------------------------------------
Emmett
[Oct 17, 2011 1:36:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

Re: Vanity Names at the Expense of the Ocean

Oh man, I can't stop laughing.... Seriously... That's just too funny.

Edit2:

At closer inspection <___<
I'm fairly certain I'm missing props in the Bank that wasn't destroyed by Choasking when he threw a fit a couple of months ago.
Sincerely
[Edit 2 times, last edit by ade446 at Oct 17, 2011 2:03:07 PM]
[Oct 17, 2011 1:51:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

Shouldn't Chesster be the owner of this bank?
Bunnyspawn, Malachite's most arrogant player.

Also Bunnyspawn on Sage and Hunter;Disgraced on Viridian.

I support PvP in sinking environments.
[Oct 17, 2011 6:03:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
2NDSKY

I don't even play Mala, but that really is a horrible name. It's so horrible, it made me post this post, that's how horrible it really is.
Shadowiie on Emerald
[Oct 17, 2011 6:26:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurrai

-facepalm-

Its not so much at the expense of the ocean but rather at the expense of those who named it.

Islands are merely temporary trophys and somebody has just polished their trophy with a metal scourer.

P.S Stay away from NS!
~ Hurrai on all Oceans

~ Avatar made by Brittaney
[Oct 18, 2011 2:38:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

-facepalm-

Its not so much at the expense of the ocean but rather at the expense of those who named it.

Islands are merely temporary trophys and somebody has just polished their trophy with a metal scourer.

P.S Stay away from NS!

Its one of two greenie spawns, so half the people that spawn will be forced to read such a horrible blight on an otherwise beautiful island.

Also it clearly is a ponzie scheme operation.
Emmett
[Oct 18, 2011 6:54:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

Mala needs a life care plan.
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Oct 18, 2011 10:53:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

Mala needs to be closed down. Effective Immediately.

Teehee

Sincerely
[Oct 18, 2011 10:56:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

Teehee

They are doing a good job of this
Emmett
[Oct 18, 2011 11:36:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
oopoorah

Poohb, on behalf of Effective Immediately, has changed the bank name to "Ei savings and loans"

I'm trying to find a way of wording how awful this is, but everything I can think of would insult their intelligence to the utmost degree.

Effective Immediately, you do a terrible job of managing islands and do so in a way that only boosts your egos (which are completely undeserved in the first place.)

Please think about the effect your actions have on the ocean before doing something so stupid and repulsive.

Just the facts:

1. Poohb re-named this without my knowledge or approval.

2. He was reprimanded mildly for doing this without my approval.

3. I find it mildly entertaining.

4. OM approved the name. ( I heard through channels)

5. Emmett cries too much.

6. Emmett thinks he knows what is best for everyone, which by everyone, he truly means him.

7. To the victors go the spoils.
You got Zuyua (you wanted I did not) we got Drogeo (I wanted) Win Win.....Win.

8. Did I mention I also want Celesta?

PoopyDog
EI
PoopyDog
slave to Plu
Captain of Burn Notice

Monarch of the flag
Effective Immediately
[Oct 18, 2011 4:04:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

PoopyDog
EI

Bunnyspawn, Malachite's most arrogant player.

Also Bunnyspawn on Sage and Hunter;Disgraced on Viridian.

I support PvP in sinking environments.
[Oct 18, 2011 4:16:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

Dear Poopydog,

You have the intellectual skills of a person that has lived under a rock for so many years that the rock is under a series of rocks, above which is a parking lot.

First off, you are responsible for the integrity of the island that you rule, seeing as how you are monarch of such a disgusting flag, the buck in this case would stop with you. As you fit in the same category as the label that your flag continues to earn, I am not surprised that this does not bother you.

Perhaps I have not said it enough, but you clearly have no idea how to run an island. You, flat out, are terrible at it and have done nothing other than ride off of the achievements of those that have come before you. Please go tell your dogwalker, Chesster, that he is also very ignorant of basic ideas. He has poe from sitting on poker, which he somehow thinks gives him the right to apply his dim-witted morals on a grandiose scale.

This is not the case.

The OMs have grossly violated the protection of an ocean that they continue to ignore, as it is clearly stated in the policies that vanity names, done in such a distasteful way, are against the game's rules. They too, are prone to mistakes, just as those whom have jobbed with you have been erroneous in the past as well.

I do believe that I now best in the case of Drogeo island, as I served for governor for around two years and have managed the island for the majority of it's existence. You and your associates, on the other hand, see to it that all good ideas are tarnished to boost your ill-deserved egos. These egos only exist because you are given poe which you have not earned in order to preform dastardly deeds on an ocean that you do not call home.

Do you understand why you have support? It is because your flag plays dirty, and this is something that other flags do not want to fight against. I find it hard to believe that people in Argosy actually value you as a person of healthy moral character, and if they do, they grossly misunderstand your devious ways.

I am proud to continue to fight against such a disgusting group of people in every capacity that like-minded people have at their disposal. Your misrepresentation of facts is as repulsive as the half-brained idea of respect that you pretend to cherish.

Prices on Zuyua have been grandly reduced from your levels, which were destructive to pillaging and a likely contributing factor to the decline of the use of the Zuyua-Barracuda route.

You want to threaten Celesta? Go for it. Do something of value and actually work for it, rather than depending on others to do it for you. Don't go crying to your friends to do the job which you need to do on your own, as this is a pathetic way of fooling people into thinking you understand basic factors of management.

Spoils? You are correct with using a term for once. You have spoiled the spirit of the game, you have spoiled decency and community in order to fulfill an ego that is built up out of lies and deceit. I also have an ego, but I have earned this through getting things done and doing good for the community of Malachite. If you think I have done anything destructive, find an example.

All I see are burnt fields full of unsanitary fertilizer.
Emmett
[Oct 18, 2011 4:30:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

Just the facts:

1. Poohb re-named this without my knowledge or approval.

2. He was reprimanded mildly for doing this without my approval.

3. I find it mildly entertaining.

4. OM approved the name. ( I heard through channels)

5. Emmett cries too much.

6. Emmett thinks he knows what is best for everyone, which by everyone, he truly means him.

7. To the victors go the spoils.
You got Zuyua (you wanted I did not) we got Drogeo (I wanted) Win Win.....Win.

PoopyDog
EI

You wanna know what I find "mildly entertaining"?

That after recognizing this to be something wrong to do, still feeling entitled the right to do so.
Sincerely
[Oct 18, 2011 5:13:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Monehmaker

Teehee

Shitty island + Shitty Ocean = Win governor.
A MJT representative.
[Oct 18, 2011 6:33:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Monehmaker

Dear Poopydog,

You have the intellectual skills of a person that has lived under a rock for so many years that the rock is under a series of rocks, above which is a parking lot.

First off, you are responsible for the integrity of the island that you rule, seeing as how you are monarch of such a disgusting flag, the buck in this case would stop with you. As you fit in the same category as the label that your flag continues to earn, I am not surprised that this does not bother you.

Perhaps I have not said it enough, but you clearly have no idea how to run an island. You, flat out, are terrible at it and have done nothing other than ride off of the achievements of those that have come before you. Please go tell your dogwalker, Chesster, that he is also very ignorant of basic ideas. He has poe from sitting on poker, which he somehow thinks gives him the right to apply his dim-witted morals on a grandiose scale.

This is not the case.

The OMs have grossly violated the protection of an ocean that they continue to ignore, as it is clearly stated in the policies that vanity names, done in such a distasteful way, are against the game's rules. They too, are prone to mistakes, just as those whom have jobbed with you have been erroneous in the past as well.

I do believe that I now best in the case of Drogeo island, as I served for governor for around two years and have managed the island for the majority of it's existence. You and your associates, on the other hand, see to it that all good ideas are tarnished to boost your ill-deserved egos. These egos only exist because you are given poe which you have not earned in order to preform dastardly deeds on an ocean that you do not call home.

Do you understand why you have support? It is because your flag plays dirty, and this is something that other flags do not want to fight against. I find it hard to believe that people in Argosy actually value you as a person of healthy moral character, and if they do, they grossly misunderstand your devious ways.

I am proud to continue to fight against such a disgusting group of people in every capacity that like-minded people have at their disposal. Your misrepresentation of facts is as repulsive as the half-brained idea of respect that you pretend to cherish.

Prices on Zuyua have been grandly reduced from your levels, which were destructive to pillaging and a likely contributing factor to the decline of the use of the Zuyua-Barracuda route.

You want to threaten Celesta? Go for it. Do something of value and actually work for it, rather than depending on others to do it for you. Don't go crying to your friends to do the job which you need to do on your own, as this is a pathetic way of fooling people into thinking you understand basic factors of management.

Spoils? You are correct with using a term for once. You have spoiled the spirit of the game, you have spoiled decency and community in order to fulfill an ego that is built up out of lies and deceit. I also have an ego, but I have earned this through getting things done and doing good for the community of Malachite. If you think I have done anything destructive, find an example.

STEP 1 FOR BEING TAKEN SERIOUSLY: CARE LESS
A MJT representative.
[Oct 18, 2011 6:34:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

*sigh*

I may attempt a coherent post once my hormones are not totally out of whack, but right now I want to smack all of you. Impartially.
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Oct 18, 2011 7:00:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

As Chesster logged offer before I could tell him this-

Please go tell your dogwalker, Chesster, that he is also very ignorant of basic ideas. He has poe from sitting on poker, which he somehow thinks gives him the right to apply his dim-witted morals on a grandiose scale.

Emmett
[Oct 19, 2011 11:28:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
oopoorah

Dear Poopydog,

This is not the case.

LOL
You accuse me / we / us of many things.

Some of which is a matter of perception (Albeit yours, foaming, convoluted and deluded..)

Some are not factual

Accusing us of being liars is not perception. It is a fact that we are not liars and that over and over you have been proven to be lying to everyone.

One example: You, posting and bragging that your Komodo Arch (Celesta and Drogeo ) Tax rates were at 5% (after your hasty edit) Following us lowering them to 5%

from the E I G H T percent that you claim Gallo did and you and others had no knowledge of.....lies lies lies - anyone that edits prices and arranges furniture as much as you did (I saw all the logs) when this change takes place would have noticed something as GRAND as a tax change in the building records.

Poor Management - LOL your perception (you're entitled) and delusion

Why is it that Islands under your "management' have often run out of staples Rum and CBs? For example Celesta this week, mind you recently Chesster nor I had anything to do with this.

But feel free to whine complain, foam at the mouth and in general think that anyone believes you.

I stand by my integrity and honesty as well other members of my flag especially (since slighted by your insults and lies) Dreams (G O V E R N O R of D RO G E O) and Chesster Flag M E M B E R (not Royalty) and Captain of Crew Dhow Deh Jing .

PoopyDog
Effective Immediately

I have no respect or tolerance for any that follow a obvious nut
PoopyDog
slave to Plu
Captain of Burn Notice

Monarch of the flag
Effective Immediately
[Oct 19, 2011 4:20:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

Accusing us of being liars is not perception. It is a fact that we are not liars and that over and over you have been proven to be lying to everyone.

You still have yet to show any evidence of me lying about anything, despite my repeated requests for you to do so. Therefor, I can only assume (and know) that you are blowing hot air. Perhaps the loss of this heated air will deflate your head.

One example: You, posting and bragging that your Komodo Arch (Celesta and Drogeo ) Tax rates were at 5% (after your hasty edit) Following us lowering them to 5%

Tax was at 5%, and I will continue to maintain this, as I am the one who changed it. You have not proven otherwise. I do not count your log, which can be produced by either raising the tax rate or setting it higher prior to setting it back to 5%. Therefor, it also proves nothing.

from the E I G H T percent that you claim Gallo did and you and others had no knowledge of.....lies lies lies - anyone that edits prices and arranges furniture as much as you did (I saw all the logs) when this change takes place would have noticed something as GRAND as a tax change in the building records.

Gallo did not set taxes to eight percent, which is why I did not see it in the logs. I had floated the theory as a way to see if EI was telling the truth, but thankfully, have found that tax was indeed at 5%.

Exhibit A- EI savings and loans. Also let's not forget your pricing.

Why is it that Islands under your "management' have often run out of staples Rum and CBs? For example Celesta this week, mind you recently Chesster nor I had anything to do with this.

My stock reserves on the island have been depleted after your flag bought the majority of it, and due to the fact that people other than yourself actually buy our fairly priced stock, I have run short. My apologies that I do not have time to correct this as quickly as I want to, as I am currently engaged in protecting the ocean from people such as yourself.

I stand by my integrity and honesty as well other members of my flag especially (since slighted by your insults and lies) Dreams (G O V E R N O R of D RO G E O) and Chesster Flag M E M B E R (not Royalty) and Captain of Crew Dhow Deh Jing .

Let's not forget that Chesster funds your entire flag, and the fact that you both jointly share a royal alt, which you both use to evade mutes in a shallow attempt to insult me. Shall I report this? Shared accounts break the ToS.

Anyways, you continue to be wrong and show no proof to the contrary. Typical Poop.

Edit-

I forgot to add, I received further threats of harm from EI today. Chesster is going to wring my neck apparently. Like I was saying, they put no foresight into their words and this is shown by their actions.
Emmett
[Edit 1 times, last edit by monstersoda at Oct 19, 2011 5:06:00 PM]
[Oct 19, 2011 5:04:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
oopoorah

You still have yet to show any evidence of me lying about anything, despite my repeated requests for you to do so. Therefor, I can only assume (and know) that you are blowing hot air. Perhaps the loss of this heated air will deflate your head.

Tax was at 5%, and I will continue to maintain this, as I am the one who changed it. You have not proven otherwise. I do not count your log, which can be produced by either raising the tax rate or setting it higher prior to setting it back to 5%. Therefor, it also proves nothing.

Gallo did not set taxes to eight percent, which is why I did not see it in the logs. I had floated the theory as a way to see if EI was telling the truth, but thankfully, have found that tax was indeed at 5%.

Exhibit A- EI savings and loans. Also let's not forget your pricing.

My stock reserves on the island have been depleted after your flag bought the majority of it, and due to the fact that people other than yourself actually buy our fairly priced stock, I have run short. My apologies that I do not have time to correct this as quickly as I want to, as I am currently engaged in protecting the ocean from people such as yourself.

Let's not forget that Chesster funds your entire flag, and the fact that you both jointly share a royal alt, which you both use to evade mutes in a shallow attempt to insult me. Shall I report this? Shared accounts break the ToS.

Anyways, you continue to be wrong and show no proof to the contrary. Typical Poop.

Edit-

I forgot to add, I received further threats of harm from EI today. Chesster is going to wring my neck apparently. Like I was saying, they put no foresight into their words and this is shown by their actions.

Thought I'd never say this
Cool Story bro...
I submit the proof is indeed there ask any Drogeo stall owner about the change in their tax rate - I'd say ask Emmett he owns one or more....but obviously he'd insult his own mother by lying....
PoopyDog
slave to Plu
Captain of Burn Notice

Monarch of the flag
Effective Immediately
[Oct 19, 2011 5:15:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

I have already explained that the decrease in taxes is a result of a decrease in population on the islands. Our governcy ending matched up with the end of Steam's flow into Ypp, which resulted in the population dropping by 7,000, from a high of about 9,000, down to below 2,000 at current levels. This changes tax drastically.

This is why tax is so much lower on Celesta, even though both islands had a tax rate of 5%.

I say had, because I felt bad for the Drogeo stall owners being under your rule, and we dropped Celesta to 3%.

You are incorrect in your assumptions.
Emmett
[Oct 19, 2011 5:23:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
oopoorah

Again fluff and ego craziness and lies and half truths= Emmett.

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=271766#271766

Please read Tedv post quote "So with that in mind, base taxes are the same regardless of island population. There's one exception to this, however, and that is for underpopulated islands. (Currently underpopulated means <250 residents.) Shop and stalls on these islands receive a rent discount. (The amount discounted decreases to 0% as the population approaches 250.) If these shops did not receive a discount, it's possible that the "economic equilibrium state" would involve, say, 0.6 instances of a shop, so no one would want to open things up. The rent discount is just a way to help jump start new economies."

Also see http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Tax_baseline
PoopyDog
slave to Plu
Captain of Burn Notice

Monarch of the flag
Effective Immediately
[Oct 19, 2011 8:42:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

You understand that is six years out of date, correct?
Emmett
[Oct 20, 2011 1:38:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

It isn't out of date.
Sincerely
[Oct 20, 2011 1:56:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

It isn't out of date.

Indeed it is Boykster
Emmett
[Oct 20, 2011 1:59:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

It is not, I've been governing both Alkaid and Armstrong on Hunter, before, during and after the steam period and there has been none difference in the taxes even tho population boosted by more than 2k inhibitants on both island(it's currently back to what it used to be before the steam period which is around 1k of inhibitants).
Sincerely
[Oct 20, 2011 2:24:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Angelique82

Chelydra
Population: 35

Furnishing stall
tax this week: 2321
tax last week: 2284

Saltstraum
Population: 2572

Apothecary stall
tax this week: 3450
tax June 2008: 3450

If the population is below 250; the amount of tax paid by the stall/shoppeowner can be different every week.

If the population is above 250; the amount of tax paid by the stall/shoppeowner will be the same
Meridian: Ever
Emerald: Everlasting
[Oct 20, 2011 2:37:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monstersoda

I applaud your correction of me then, regardless that it came from two of our allies reinforcing things.

Loyalty's a beep.
Emmett
[Oct 20, 2011 4:06:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
totoiseshell

I lol at Mala and consider returning.
Inum

Castor says, "No, no! You don't know the secret doohickeys!"
Castor says, "You'll blow up the server!"

Galene says, "I'll trade it to Inum, she can sort it out later! :D"

[Oct 20, 2011 5:05:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Capndi

Nanny Nanny Boo Boo

Argosy is still here!!! :P Did you forget about us Emmett? I thought we were the ones you were so much better than. It seems you only thrive when people respond back.
[Oct 20, 2011 8:26:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 42   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates