• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 285
Posts: 285   Pages: 10   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 33074 times and has 284 replies Next Thread
warp11

Now what? (TLM Discussion)

Ladies, gentlemen and Lune, of the Viridian Parley. Lately there has been a dramatic increase in criticism towards a certain flag called Legacy. Basically on one side there's "the trolls" with invalid opinions and whom are all talk. On the other side we've got Team Legacy with the "shut up and cade" stroll. Well Parley, some gifted individuals have decided to do just that, and we wish to bond together with the rest of "the trolls" to create a confederation strong enough to bring Legacy to their knees. Our objectives are simple, we wish to strip Legacy of their islands as they've stripped themselves of their credibility. Even though we are certain that Legacy will not, we will strive to uphold the values and ways of blockading which we have tried to convince Legacy to play by.

Fanatic peptalk set aside, this is intended to be a thread to create a collateral effort towards what we've all been waiting for, to allow the ocean to work together to put an end to this age of wolves. What we need is the best blockade team that could be assembled along with the best jobbers. We will also need funds, and I'm sure nobody wants to drop 50mil into one single clusterfuck, so we figured a spin-off on what was done for when Nemor lost his octo a while back. Anyone that is willing to contribute will be free to do so, any amount that they feel comfortable with if any. No contribution is too small. Everything from ships to stock to PoE to cadestaff to jobbersupport will be required. In this thread, we will discuss such matters as staff, and other logistical matters. Remember that your donation will not entitle you a spot nor an extra vote, but that we together need to come up with a formula that works for this imminent multidrop. I (Dahlgren) swear on my nuts that every penny gathered by this will be used for blockading Legacy. If any funds are left over by the time Legacy are finished, we could figure out an event in which to give the PoE back to the community.

There will be a list (in this post) that will be edited as we go along. On this list a contributor will be listed along with the size of his donation (lest he prefers to keep that secret). This list will then be posted in the news of the potential islands to remind the ocean of the extraordinary pirates that paved way for this liberation. We will keep the PoE donations on a ship so that the records are visible for anyone that wishes to inspect them, and thus far we've thought about having Anchovia as the deedholder as general consensus seems to suggest her as a person everyone can trust. If anyone has any objections, please voice them as we need to be open to each other to make this work. Well then, I better start the show!

Donations:
Dahlgren - 1 million PoE
Whiterose - Fleet and PoE
Viridian Mafia(flag) - Jobbing Support
Amin - 100k
Seepnah - Fleet and PoE
Whitehaze - 1 million PoE (delivered at the time of the drop)
Tzz - 500k
Lotsofgots - 1+1 million PoE
Luxory 1 million PoE (delivered at the time of the drop)
Schroedinger's Cat - Fleet and PoE (given that they are the ones that uses it)
Shadymermady - Universal support
Forever - PoE at the time of drop
Guantanamo - PoE
Disengaged - PoE
Neptu - Donation
Martobain - Fleet (if needed)
Rumour - 6 figures worth of PoE at the time of the drop
Geologist - 1 million PoE (at the time of drop)
Kyubi - 250k
Yaruto - 400k
----------------------------------------
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Edit 16 times, last edit by warp11 at Oct 24, 2011 5:33:58 AM]
[Oct 14, 2011 7:19:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Re: The Rebel Alliance Foundation

You can swear on something that small?
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Oct 14, 2011 7:23:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

My fleet and whatever ammount of PoE I hold when the drop happens :D.
Roseh

[Oct 14, 2011 7:25:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sardinez

Anchovia is a bad choice. She hops all over the oceans as if she's some important someone, but all she does is to JC and trash talk others in the form of stirring up shit.
Greatness said:"I said "we" because I was also part of that blockade team at the time. So yes, I kicked ass too. There's some reality for you."
[Oct 14, 2011 7:27:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Narcissag

Good Luck :)!
Narci

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
[Oct 14, 2011 7:27:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ChuckleJake

Viridian Mafia will give jobber support.
We would help with money, but since we're a new flag and trying to get into the blockade world we don't have lumps of money.
Donations will be worked on though.
Chucklenuts on Meridian
Rockets on Emerald
[Oct 14, 2011 7:30:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

Nou. Btw, running only works if you actually run. Kbye.
I do what I can, when I can.

- Empathetic,
Still playing, here and there.
[Oct 14, 2011 7:31:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Anchovia is a bad choice. She hops all over the oceans as if she's some important someone, but all she does is to JC and trash talk others in the form of stirring up shit.
I haven't gone near Sage yet, or Mala! But I agree.

Otherwise, I guess Super Pro can be used for something.
Anchovia
[Oct 14, 2011 7:31:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

I elect Sardinez. This forum alt has been an important person on Viridian for years. Also, they are mature enough to not trash talk or slander opponents and in general, seem like a very trustworthy person.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Oct 14, 2011 7:32:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Narcissag

Rat's are the first in run when the vessel is sinking...;)
Narci

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
[Oct 14, 2011 7:33:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shut123

On behalf of VM and myself

- 100k <3
Amin

Sons of Odin
Corruption
[Oct 14, 2011 7:34:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sardinez

It's funny how you are so against legacy, but you refused to commit your own $ to put them where your mouth is. Asking for donations and then having fun blockading legacy for your own fun is just so lame.
Greatness said:"I said "we" because I was also part of that blockade team at the time. So yes, I kicked ass too. There's some reality for you."
[Oct 14, 2011 7:35:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

Viridian Mafia will give jobber support.
We would help with money, but since we're a new flag and trying to get into the blockade world we don't have lumps of money.
Donations will be worked on though.

Keep the paper; creating a power vacuum will be counter productive if a range of flags cannot fill it.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Chiptharip at Oct 14, 2011 7:36:28 PM]
[Oct 14, 2011 7:35:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Like what you did today when we tried to sink your rename sloop amirite?
Roseh

[Edit 1 times, last edit by MimiLinda at Oct 14, 2011 7:40:26 PM]
[Oct 14, 2011 7:36:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Narcissag

Like what you did today when we tried to sink your rename sloop amirite?

is that is for me i don't care to sink roseh, i abandon in LP because my vessel was with lots of damage and my jobbers bored, so i choose to divid in other vessel :)

why run when you can rebuild them? is just lol...

Wirelesscon sink me today of Dilemma a good fight 1vs1 :)

Edit: As you see i can accept I'm not the best bnaver and be good about it, and stick in one flag.

Anyways...just wishing the best of luck and i hope have fun :)

not reading anymore, what for?

edit2: no need to offend other peoples, i was wrong.
Narci

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Narcissag at Oct 14, 2011 7:45:58 PM]
[Oct 14, 2011 7:39:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

As they would say on Dragon's Den, I'm in. Whatever's left of my fleet and poe.
Seepnah
[Oct 14, 2011 7:39:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

Is this one of those Mexican sayings? I just finished learning British references... Let's leave it at i'm a guero, OR you're not making sense. I'll let the others decide.

- Empathetic,
[Oct 14, 2011 7:40:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

It's funny how you are so against legacy, but you refused to commit your own $ to put them where your mouth is. Asking for donations and then having fun blockading legacy for your own fun is just so lame.

Failed, false assumption. You should try harder, instead of making things up.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Oct 14, 2011 7:42:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perenoel1

Sounds like fun!

I'll toss in 500k
Tzz Made of Fail on Midnight
Tzz's Ultimate puzzle Guide
[Oct 14, 2011 7:51:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sardinez

Failed, false assumption. You should try harder, instead of making things up.

Like how you choose to spend $ to bid for a fam than to fund a Cade? I rest my case. <3
[Oct 14, 2011 7:56:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Actually, I spent PoE to buy fams for some friends. I've never bought doubloons or a subscription to Puzzle Pirates, so yet again: failed assumption, or, improper writing, your pick.

On the second part, I unno if I'll pitch PoE in to this. Maybe will, maybe won't. You psychic?
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Oct 14, 2011 8:01:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

I'll put in whatever I feel like at the time. PoE only though, because my fleet consists of 2 sloops.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Oct 14, 2011 8:19:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
russellm2

I'll put in whatever I feel like at the time. PoE only though, because my fleet consists of 2 sloops.

Hairy Dogfish FTW.
Powerbow of Meridian and Emerald.
[Oct 14, 2011 8:27:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sardinez

As they would say on Dragon's Den, I'm in. Whatever's left of my fleet and poe.

Hey, what about the Lima Tailor? Still refusing to let it go?
[Oct 14, 2011 8:32:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

Schroedinger's Cat will provide fleets (sloops-WF), supplies, and pieces of eights (6-figures) with the caveat that all these assets will be controlled at all times by our own officers. All ships, supplies, and jobber's pay contributed will have Schroedinger's Cats officers at the helm and as XOs.

We would be delighted to work with ANYONE of any flag on any ship sailing against Legacy against any island held by Legacy, but we must control our own destiny and assets to give as many of our own officers as much new experience as possible. We insist to sink our own ships and our own hard-earned poe. Perhaps this is not the contribution you are looking for, but we are not going to change who we are because of some action by a most hypocritical, vane, and vile flag: Legacy.

We care little for islands, fame, and the vanity that usually comes with this, but we care about our own access to as much of the piratey existence as possible.
Sverdrup, CPTN of Schroedinger's Cat, Heisenberg's Uncertainty, Meridian
[Oct 14, 2011 8:40:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

+1 million for no reason other than sardinez being a massive douchebag.

Seriously massive.
I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[Oct 14, 2011 8:43:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

^ Type of compromise and support that will be necessary for any success to be had.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Oct 14, 2011 8:43:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

Schroedinger's Cat will provide fleets (sloops-WF), supplies, and pieces of eights (6-figures) with the caveat that all these assets will be controlled at all times by our own officers. All ships, supplies, and jobber's pay contributed will have Schroedinger's Cats officers at the helm and as XOs.

We would be delighted to work with ANYONE of any flag on any ship sailing against Legacy against any island held by Legacy, but we must control our own destiny and assets to give as many of our own officers as much new experience as possible. We insist to sink our own ships and our own hard-earned poe. Perhaps this is not the contribution you are looking for, but we are not going to change who we are because of some action by a most hypocritical, vane, and vile flag: Legacy.

We care little for islands, fame, and the vanity that usually comes with this, but we care about our own access to as much of the piratey existence as possible.

I agree. Funneling community PoE to a select few groups of players, in order to facilitate their own action is shortsighted and is merely an iteration of the ocean's current norm. If this effort is to succeed, it will require a federation, not periphery flags.
[Oct 14, 2011 8:53:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

I agree. Funneling community PoE to a select few groups of players, in order to facilitate their own action is shortsighted and is merely an iteration of the ocean's current norm. If this effort is to succeed, it will require a federation, not periphery flags.

He's a witch! BURN HIM!

- Empathetic,
[Oct 14, 2011 8:57:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Ladies, gentlemen and Lune, of the Viridian Parley.

<33
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Oct 14, 2011 9:24:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 285   Pages: 10   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates