• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 208
Posts: 208   Pages: 7   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 18584 times and has 207 replies Next Thread
Ezder

Intent to juggle some outposts

We just couldn't choose!
Havoc, Surtsey, Spectre, Moab
JC: Jobnative
Pay starting at 500 PoE/seg
Saturday noon, drops about two minutes apart

Any islands we win this weekend + Corona Reef will be defended in the following way, unless agreed otherwise with the attacker, if dropped on in the next few weeks (not this weekend):
- Non-sinking
- Primarily unexperienced staff
- Pay stuck at 500 PoE/segment

Good luck Dilemma and What A Ride!
----------------------------------------
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Oct 14, 2011 12:07:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

Re: Intent to juggle some outposts

- Primarily unexperienced staff

Redundant statement is redundant.
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Oct 14, 2011 12:25:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

Dilemma have already told Legacy (pre-drop) that they cannot physically make this weekend. So there will be no defence from our behalf.
Recruiting a 'Nagflar' character to hold my camel.
# Team Bacon Strips # SwagSauce # YOTO.
[Oct 14, 2011 12:30:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Dropping on Dilemma islands when they said they couldn't have a friendly this weekend since some of them won't be home is really showing how much you love blockades!
Roseh

[Oct 14, 2011 12:32:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
benrenshaw

Good luck.

^oh mai god no tarting in this post, need deleting?

^oh mai god, does that saying 'no tarting' mean that this has become a tarting post?
Captainben on Meridian
Basicx on Emerald
[Oct 14, 2011 12:39:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yasmi6

:(
Yasmi on Meridian

Captain of Lilith's Perfume
Princess of Imperial Coalition
(ex-Queen of Devils Advocates)

Better to reign in Hell, than to serve in Heaven...
[Oct 14, 2011 12:42:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Dilemma have already told Legacy (pre-drop) that they cannot physically make this weekend. So there will be no defence from our behalf.

Elfeesh told me that he would try to defend, and we offered some staff help.

However, they are outposts. I'm sure you can live without them for a week. If this weekend doesn't suit you, you are welcome to redrop at a time that does. As I've understood it, Dilemma likes to blockade and finds the lack of targets a problem. If that is true, this shouldn't be much of a problem.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Oct 14, 2011 12:43:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chui111111

Dropping on Dilemma islands when they said they couldn't have a friendly this weekend since some of them won't be home is really showing how much you love blockades!

Same with WaR. They asked if we would have a friendly one this weekend, to which I said I couldn't make it due to other issues.

Good luck in the flag sits.
Brucee on Viridian
Semi-Retired and will only pop on for blockades!
[Oct 14, 2011 12:44:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

Elfeesh told me that he would try to defend, and we offered some staff help.

However, they are outposts. I'm sure you can live without them for a week. If this weekend doesn't suit you, you are welcome to redrop at a time that does. As I've understood it, Dilemma likes to blockade and finds the lack of targets a problem. If that is true, this shouldn't be much of a problem.

I think you're missing the point. Dilemma like to blockade with it's staff. It's what I, and other's pay for. In other words, your staff help is irrelevant and frankly, not very usefull seeing as we already told you we can't possibley be there to defend.

And yes, as a island owning flag we should be there to defend any time, I get that much. But when you talk to the royalty of a flag, asking for a friendly blockade, who in turn inform you, hey, we won't be here this weekend. If you want a blockade, come again on another weekend. Then proceed to drop all 3 islands, I think it's a very shady move. The kind of move we have all gotten used to over the last few months.

If this post means we can't get a friendley blockade back. So be it. I never wanted to play with legacy anyway, as the way they treat their opponents, the spin on the events that happen, and the drama after the blockade is not something we have an interest dealing with.

Pew Pew
[Oct 14, 2011 12:49:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

Don't worry guys, it's a Legacy blockade, of course it will be fair.
Seepnah
[Oct 14, 2011 12:56:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Same with WaR. They asked if we would have a friendly one this weekend, to which I said I couldn't make it due to other issues.

Naw. I didn't ask for a friendly. I informed you that we would drop, seing how you were dormant, so you wouldn't have to see your island gone next time you logged on and never know what happened. The decision was made, no matter your reaction. You asked if we wanted it friendly, I said we're fine with either, which is where you said you would not defend. And that would probably have been the case at any time if I hadn't talked to you first, but being dormant is not a reason to stay unchallenged on your island in my opinion.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

[Oct 14, 2011 12:57:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shawe

Don't govern islands and outposts if you can't defend them - that includes all weekends. Thanks for the pic too - I heard you guys were good at juggling balls, just didn't know you used your hands to do it.
Shawe - Greed is good.
"FIGHT CLUB!" Avatars by Shawe.
[Oct 14, 2011 1:02:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Shawe [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Un Sniped.

Well we really don't care about the islands, its the fact our staff can't be there. We like to use our staff, instead of people from other flags.
Captainrich
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Hillsmen at Oct 14, 2011 1:09:11 PM]
[Oct 14, 2011 1:06:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sav_

So if they win these cades they would get the island holding record?

can't remember what number it is at atm
[Oct 14, 2011 1:14:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

[20:28:09] Ye told Avienda, "but it would be a token defense at best"
[20:28:14] Ye told Avienda, "if even that"

Dilemma won't be defending.
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Oct 14, 2011 1:14:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
inglhan

No offense to Avienda, or any of Legacy, but saying that WaR being dormant is a good reason to drop doesn't quite make sense. I'm not trying to speak on behalf of WaR, but it is apparent to me that although they are dormant and have been for a while, they have defended their island the last times they have been dropped on.

Just my point of view. Also yes, first post, big deal.
Izobel
Captain of -Poseidon's Wrath-
[Oct 14, 2011 1:17:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

The point being made isn't that they can't defend. It's that despite trying to dress it up as a fair blockade, Legacy we're clearly aware they wouldn't be defending, however I'm not really surprised anymore, it's Legacy after all.
Seepnah
[Oct 14, 2011 1:17:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Congrats on the island record; shame you can't say you actually blockaded to break it :).
Roseh

[Oct 14, 2011 1:22:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

You are free to tart etc etc, have your fun.

However, I will not read this thread again until after next weekend, so don't expect any further replies or reactions. Any lies made in this thread will stand unchallenged, not because they are true, but because we will not see them.

Cheers.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

[Oct 14, 2011 1:24:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Avienda wrote: 
As I've understood it, Dilemma likes to blockade and finds the lack of targets a problem.

And as I have understood it, Legacy likes blockades, although today's actions say otherwise.

But then again, I probably misunderstood it because I'm blind and have my head stuck in the sand.

Edit: Made it have a bit more Anch flavour to it
Anchovia
[Edit 1 times, last edit by anchovygirl at Oct 14, 2011 1:39:36 PM]
[Oct 14, 2011 1:27:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

You are free to tart etc etc, have your fun.

However, I will not read this thread again until after next weekend, so don't expect any further replies or reactions.

That would probably be best.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Whitehazed at Oct 14, 2011 1:29:19 PM]
[Oct 14, 2011 1:28:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
benrenshaw

Congrats on the island record; shame you can't say you actually blockaded to break it :).

I thought RM got flagsits at Havoc, Polaris and another island to break the island record back then?

May be wrong however, not trying to 'tart, simply state.
Captainben on Meridian
Basicx on Emerald
[Oct 14, 2011 1:29:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

Just because you say it's a lie, doesn't mean it's a lie. Being ignorant towards it doesn't help your cause or how people view your flag.
Seepnah
[Oct 14, 2011 1:30:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

The record was broke on Cochineal a well defended island, good try tho!
Roseh

[Oct 14, 2011 1:30:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

Silly Dilemma and WaR. You should have just held an event blockade for the time period you couldn't be around!
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Oct 14, 2011 1:33:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

I thought RM got flagsits at Havoc, Polaris and another island to break the island record back then?

May be wrong however, not trying to 'tart, simply state.

As far as I know, RM has never held Polaris and I'm not going to check this thread for a week so I don't care what you say.

P.S

Not really, as I don't enjoy getting Barnacle on my neck from hiding my head somewhere, I may be wrong but *shrug*.

Also sniped by roseh, it was won at cochineal.
Seepnah
[Oct 14, 2011 1:33:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Darknesse7

Naw. I didn't ask for a friendly. I informed you that we would drop, seing how you were dormant, so you wouldn't have to see your island gone next time you logged on and never know what happened. The decision was made, no matter your reaction. You asked if we wanted it friendly, I said we're fine with either, which is where you said you would not defend. And that would probably have been the case at any time if I hadn't talked to you first, but being dormant is not a reason to stay unchallenged on your island in my opinion.

Oh come on everyone, they're doing it for the good of the island :)
[Oct 14, 2011 1:36:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

People need stock, its for the good of the island, they're dormant anyway, we want to encourage blockading u guyz, they outjobbed us, etc.
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Oct 14, 2011 1:43:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chui111111

If you took any notice in the island, you would see I had no hand in how it was run. Afura and others from Party in my Pants were taking wonderful care of the island, and even scuttled many times in the past to create some action around there.

So sure the flag was dormant, but the island running with events, in no way were dormant.
Brucee on Viridian
Semi-Retired and will only pop on for blockades!
[Oct 14, 2011 1:52:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Therealhunta

When RM "Broke the record" we held the majority of inter-arch isles... that was the goal really.... not silly outposts, the "Record" was more of a bonus. When that occured we gave Isles away (once again) including offering them to "Enemies" who declined our really mean and horrible offer.

In saying that, If Legacy decide to "Break the record" by flagsitting.... kudos I guess for owning the majority of outposts on Virid?
~~Hunta~~
RiddleMakers
Viridian Meridian Ocean
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Therealhunta at Oct 14, 2011 2:02:15 PM]
[Oct 14, 2011 1:54:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 208   Pages: 7   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates