• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 19
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2455 times and has 18 replies Next Thread
2NDSKY

FF and Antheas intent to battle over Viridis!

Here at Fast Forward we were looking for some action. We got a whole bunsh of navers who are more then excited to get some board time. For some it will be their first time, for others their 2nd time and for others a way to shake of some rust.

So we would like to present to you...

The island where this will all be taking place is Viridis. Since DLAM wont be defending, we went on a search to find a flag willing to come drop with us. It took a while, but Antheas took on the offer!

This will be a way for both flags to test and train some of their inflag's.

Where: Viridis
When: 7AM Gametime, 25th September
JC: Theredwench

Hope to see you there!
----------------------------------------
Shadowie on Obsidian
[Sep 23, 2011 12:46:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurtboss4

Re: FF and Antheas intent to battle over Viridis!

Well. The art is nice.
And, scene.
*lights out*
[Sep 23, 2011 12:53:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aaronmann

That art is very nice mate congrats on that <3

Antheas JC will be Jobantheas and our flag is really excited to be participating in this and we all hope to see you there!

A lot of people think Antheas will outjob so we are prepared to pause jobbing if we get too far ahead. We're not interested in winning this island by a landslide outjob or contend against a pay war, so even if you are allied to us we may request you to job for FF. So be prepared to job for either side mates. It will be more fun if we have a balanced number of ships on the blockade board. <3

Good luck Fast Forward and we will see you Sunday morning!
Aaronmann of the Meridian ocean.
[Sep 23, 2011 1:05:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    aaron.mann [Link]  Go to top 
Yasmi6

good luck both sides :)
Yasmi on Meridian

Captain of Lilith's Perfume
Princess of Imperial Coalition
(ex-Queen of Devils Advocates)

Better to reign in Hell, than to serve in Heaven...
[Sep 24, 2011 1:53:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NathanShawn

Good luck Fast Forward.
Nathanshawn:
Something of the crew Truth be Told.
Something else of the flag United we Stand.

~Hai ai r Nayfin, Ai ish a Polar Bear.~
[Sep 24, 2011 4:06:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
2NDSKY

Good luck Antheas!:D
Shadowie on Obsidian
[Sep 24, 2011 5:41:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aaronmann

Thanks for having the blockade with us Fast Forward!

I am sorry that you decided not to stay but I understand the frustration of trying to manage jobbers like that. It's too inefficient trying to pull ships off the board to prevent a sink, tying up those jobbers on a ship like that is a huge setback.

I don't know who was naving that brig who sunk our baghlah but congratulate them on that, the naver he sunk was no greenie so he deserves applause for that accomplishment.

For those in the dark, this blockade was supposed to be non-sinking and ended up being sinking. We chatted with FF and decided to try to avoid sinking each other. No easy task since we had to damage the opposing ships enough to get them to back off of the flag clusters so we could take the points.

I did put a hold fire order in place as the sea admiral, telling the navers of Antheas to shoot only once per side if they'd already laid sufficient damage into an enemy ship and to hold fire while 2 WB's and a dhow were allowed to pass safely off the board.

I would like to say that I was sad however that Jamelia was told that DLAM would keep the blockade non-sinking but decided to declare war back to FF anyways, making the blockade sinking. We do appreciate that they haven't declared war back on us though. <3

I stood firm and instructed our navers to stay on points even if it meant sinking, and we did lose some ships. Antheas hasn't held an island other than Harmattan for years so I wanted to change that today, even if it meant losing some ships.

I would also like to thank the mates from Dilemma and Pay for Play who showed up during round 3 with a few brigs. Round 2 was a flag sit and rather boring albeit amusing bumping each other around for kicks. It was still nice to have something else to do besides bump ourselves around.

It cost us the loss of 3 brigs to sinks, but if I'm not mistaken, you mates also lost 3 brigs in the process so it was a fair trade. :)

Anyways thanks again to everyone who showed up, it was a lot of fun and we're looking forward to doing it again next week with Dilemma who have already expressed interest in coming to blockade with us at Viridis! <3
Aaronmann of the Meridian ocean.
[Sep 25, 2011 2:22:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    aaron.mann [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

After some debating with the other guys that were there, we at Dilemma came to the conclusion that that is correct in terms of ships sunk. One of our new navvers racked up 4 brig kills (3 Antheas and 1 P4P) and an Antheas sloop. Our other navver sank (though he stresses that he helped a bit), which is somewhat less impressive but that's life, I suppose.

Either way we had good fun and I'm glad you took the 3P's so well, it's nice to see good sports on the board when things like this happen, its just a shame it was made sinking and will have cost more than expected to do.
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Sep 25, 2011 2:44:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
M_Cobain

Deliberately missing shots onto your enemy in a blockade situation is ridiculous.
Martobain

YPPedia improved with Tom Cruise the Elephant (who's my friend and buddy) catalogue!
[Sep 25, 2011 3:04:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

Deliberately missing shots onto your enemy in a blockade situation is ridiculous.

That's why you shouldn't nav for them :P
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Sep 25, 2011 3:23:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sardinez

I would like to say that I was sad however that Jamelia was told that DLAM would keep the blockade non-sinking but decided to declare war back to FF anyways, making the blockade sinking.

It's luxory. Do you expect cupcakes, candles and birthday songs?
Greatness said:"I said "we" because I was also part of that blockade team at the time. So yes, I kicked ass too. There's some reality for you."
[Sep 25, 2011 3:30:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

For reals. Bite the bullet and accept proper ship losses, Houdini frig it or pull out.
[Sep 25, 2011 4:09:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Elliptic

Where's the wronged party?
"That is not how the question frames itself."

Wend, royal archophobe
[Sep 26, 2011 12:36:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
2NDSKY

First of all, thank you to my staff of which some had to wake up early to be there. I know you probably exspected more board time and I'll take the blame. Also a big thank you to Antheas for trying to keep jobbing as close as possible, and taking their job offers down at times.

Main reason FF dropped out after R1 would be because it was made sinking, and we chose to use a completely inflag nav team. I know you should always be prepared that a blockade will be sinking, and you should be willing to accept the loss of ships. I'v had the lecture enough this weekend. But since I was counting on a non-sinking blockade where some very unexperienced navers would get a fair share of board time. Atleast you'd exspect that when a royal of DLAM tells a royal of Antheas it will remain non-sinking, it would stay that way. But you can't take anything for granted, and you can't really blame them either.

It was practicly impossible to estimate when a ship would be sunk , even though both sides tried to make the best of it. Then the Polaris Point blockade started jobbing, and we just decided to call it a day.

Good game Antheas and enjoy Viridis!
Shadowie on Obsidian
[Sep 26, 2011 2:54:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Elliptic

I honestly don't know what "prepared for sinking" actually entails. My feeling now is that it's a meaningless cop-out along with attackers always having to "try to win". That the defender can make a blockade sinking and still demand an attacker show up to sit on the anvil to get pulverized, all when there's no real skill involved in bringing the hammer to bear? This would be a crock, no? The defender should have to choose between making it sinking and having the right to expect the attacker come and play.
"That is not how the question frames itself."

Wend, royal archophobe
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Elliptic at Sep 26, 2011 5:02:50 AM]
[Sep 26, 2011 5:01:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
2NDSKY

Well this blockade wasn't about trying to win, it was about giving unexperienced navers a shot at blockade naving. I don't really understand the reason behind making it sinking, when they told me: "We won't defend, full stop." This indicates that they don't have any use to the island, hence why we chose Viridis. Would of made a fun playground for unexperienced navers, and I'm glad Antheas is going to be using it for that. You gotta stay real here, Viridis is in the corner of the Jade arch, your going to make little to no PoE from nearby pillagers. So is it worth going full out on when the blockade has been made sinking, in my opinion it's not. Antheas played it very well, and I got no complains, other then that it could of been more fun had it been non-sinking.
Shadowie on Obsidian
[Sep 26, 2011 5:42:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Luxory

No one asked me if it was to be none sinking. I made it sinking, it was my decision alone.
All Jamelia said is, I hope you don't mind about tomorrow, I actually had no idea what she was talking about.
Luxory on Obsidian.
Aristoza flag royalty chats, "Ro initiated all the greenies by getting them on one big ship and sinking them all at once"
Positive Penguins
[Sep 26, 2011 5:45:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

No one asked me if it was to be none sinking. I made it sinking, it was my decision alone.
All Jamelia said is, I hope you don't mind about tomorrow, I actually had no idea what she was talking about.

I was the one who put the war through. No one from either flag had approached me and I hadn't heard anything about it from anyone else - so I pressed the button that was there when I logged on. I like buttons.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Sep 26, 2011 11:31:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

I like buttons.

<3
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Sep 26, 2011 1:56:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates