• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 91
Posts: 91   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 29202 times and has 90 replies Next Thread
Soar

QuarterMaster Ver 2.5 Development (BETA-1 Testing) Reply to this Post

Ahoy Mates!

Well it has been a while since I've been in these waters but last month I played for a bit, and then a bit more, and this month I'm back into the game regularly and sailing with a crew on midnight.

So now that I'm once again playing I feel the least I can do is get an update for QuarterMaster out the door and fix all those bugs that have accumulated. There are even some new feature ideas I'd like to try, and maybe the community could give me a few more of those. I've started the new thread because the old one is just too old, and long, and I can't edit the OP which means searching and reading to find answers.

With new features comes a new version number, 2.5, and I think it's best if I make the development process an open discussion. I'll try to keep the details below as updated as I can with my progress. As we go along some things will have to be dropped for various reasons, but I'll do what I can. An open BETA round or two before release would no doubt be a good thing too and so I will post a link to the various BETA versions once they are ready for testing. When it is all ready to go I'll change this OP completely to a support thread, or perhaps just start a new one.

If you have found any bugs not listed below or ideas for features or changes please post them here for discussion.

Links to previous version (2.4a):
QuarterMaster 2.4a Download Page (Current Version).
QuarterMaster 2.4a Support thread.
QuarterMaster YPPedia Page.

If you are having trouble getting QM to install or work under Windows 7
- Download the zip file from here: QM2.4a Zip Download
- Drop the contained folder, with all sub directories & files, into where you want it installed (something simple is best, like your main C:\ drive).
- Right click the QuarterMaster.exe file in the main QuarterMaster folder and select "Properties".
- In the Properties window go to the compatibility tab and check the box "Run this program as an administrator". You also might need to change the compatibility mode to windows service pack 3.
- Then you should be able to run the QuarterMaster.exe without problems.

Anyways here is the work in progress...

QuarterMaster Ver: 2.5 (Development Notes)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CURRENT BETA VERSION : BETA-1

To help test QM 2.5 please download and install the program from the following link: QM 2.5 BETA-1 Installer Download Link
The above installer should work smoothly so I'm going to be brave and not supply the usual zip file option for BETA-1. The installer can update a previous version or provide a completely new installation. When updating an older version it should convert your pirate database over and keep most fo your program options. Noteably your icon ordering options will be reset, as well as your chat window positioning and resizing info.
Along with testing the program as a whole, I need the stuff listed in the notes below tested particularly. Especially the Hearty Assist and new installation system. If you find bugs please report them to this thread. Be sure to let me know what windows version you are using in your post.

The current BETA-1 includes the following changes from V2.4a...

New Stuff

- Hearty Assist (Complete)
QM will maintain a list of your hearties and display them along with their stats in a similarly way to the vessel crew list. This allows you to view who has what stats when putting together an elite pillage. You can sort the list, tag hearties with notes, and send tells from within QM. A right-click menu lets you reload their stats, perform a /who, and add/remove them from the list (inside QM only).
The system should load your full hearty list everytime you log in and then keep track of who is online after that point from your chat logs. So it won't know who was online before you logged in. You can change player's online status manually by clicking the light bulb by thier name.

Changes

- (Complete) Added a button to open the chat window from the main window.
- (Complete) Added all new ships and images.
- (Complete) Added new oceans.
- (Complete) Redesigned unknown pirate icon on vessel list.
- (Complete) Added Rigging Icon to vessel list icon line.
- (Complete) Added Hearty Icon to vessel list icon line.
- (Complete) Added Sword fighting Icon to vessel list icon line.
- (Complete) Added Rumble Icon to vessel list icon line.
- (Complete) Increased horizontal expansion limit for Main Window.
- (Complete) Created a more reliable installation package.
- (Complete) Converted the damage counter back to version 2.3. (Temporary)
- (Complete) Redesigned login interface.
- (Complete) Changed login background music and installed a toggle button in top right.
- (Complete) Improved automatic dectection of chatlogs.

Bug Fixes

- (Complete) Check ship types are all registering correctly upon boarding, including theme ships.
- (Complete) Fixed crew update to work while on greeter duty.
- (Complete) Damage Counter graphical layout is all messed up in Windows 7.
- (Complete) Some pirates are showing faulty independent status.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Following is planned for the BETA-2 (i.e. Not included in the current BETA version)
EXISTING FEATURES - CHANGES & ADDITIONS

- (Tinkering) 'Setting Sail' sound. Possibly as a toggle that you turn it on, and when it sounds once it turns itself off.
- (Tinkering) In Voyage Planner allow user to enter an amount of one rum type and have it display the equivalent in the other rum types.
- (Tinkering) Activate the "Battle" button independently of the PTB system to allow sending of OOB messages at any moment.
- (Tinkering) When sending damage reports to chat, allow SF damage to be sent in lines + blocks (e.g. 2 lines + 3 blocks)
- (Tinkering) Signify disconnected pirates on vessel list.
- (Tinkering) Add a config file instruction help page.
- (Tinkering) Add prompt to reload vessel crew list when boarding a new ship.
- (Tinkering) Thrall handling for CI fight.
- (Tinkering) Display booty total on main window.
- (Tinkering) Research and add HS ship stats.
- (Tinkering) Explore possiblities for multi-client support.
- (Tinkering) Update Officer Training course with new content/changes.
- (Tinkering) Queue pop-up messages in main window so they don't overwrite each other.
- (Tinkering) Display bots/thralls onboard as a seperate number in the crew total on main window.
- (Tinkering) Damage Counter Overhaul. Once the codework is in place I will need some help from Navers to complete the numbers used for this one.
  • Redesign layout to make it larger. Keep option for mini-size via toggle button.
  • Add ability to display ship names.
  • Add SMH monsters.
  • Add HS ships.
  • Review multi-DC interaction.
  • Possibly add turn counter/timer, allowing sinking regneration tracking and display if turns remaining till disengage.

BUG LIST

- (Tinkering) Opening the damage counter does not resize or align the chat bar correctly.
- (Unable To Fix) The damage counter window seems to have a 'bleed through' effect on mouse clicks, causing the mouse to click the PP window behind it.
- (Tinkering) Investigate problems with running the program under Windows 7.
- (Tinkering) Status updating for pirate's position, such as 'In Battle', 'On Land', etc, appears to be messed up.
- (Tinkering) Verify MG ram damage.
- (Tinkering) Gold list is clearing names when tab is changed.
- (Tinkering) Review booty total tracking.
- (Tinkering) Check jobbing crew names are registering correctly, and that member's ranks are showing purple.
- (Tinkering) Main window resizes are not saving.
- (Tinkering) Check auto-plank it turning off correctly.
- (Tinkering) Check parsing of the Yoweb pages is using stats from ocean-wide.

INCORRECTLY FILTERED CHAT LINES

**Please post in this thread any chat lines that are parsing into the wrong tabs in the QM chat window so I can get those placed correctly. The following lines have already been dealt with in the coming patch.

Vessels may be sunk while attacking this brigand king flotilla, enter at your own risk!
<WILDCARD> has withdrawn the flotilla to regroup elsewhere.
Thar be nothin' left here but sand! Time to git yerself back to the ship.
<NAME> ordered everyone back to the ship!
<NAME> aborted the negotiation.
Ye find <WILDCARD> inside!
Boarders from the raft clamber onto yer vessel as theirs sinks to the depths.
The broken timbers jutting rib-like from the briny gloom whisper the fate of a once mighty craft.
Ye doff yer cap to the lady in the deep, and thank her for yer newfound riches.
Ye hear a splash, and the sound of foreign footsteps.
<WILDCARD> Thrall was defeated and shambles off into the ocean.
Click on any of the white-named pirates to challenge them to a practice sword fight. Check the tournament board for upcoming tournaments or join some mates for a drink or a brawl!
Yer vessel be overrun with zombies! All hands join the fight to save the ship!
Bought chart to <WILDCARD>. Smooth sailing to ye.
Yer Explorer reputation is now <WILDCARD>
The crew opens <WILDCARD> chests and finds <WILDCARD> items and <WILDCARD> pieces of eight. <WILDCARD> chests are set aside for the vessel owner.
Ye received <WILDCARD> pieces of eight from Atlantean chests!
Ye receive <WILDCARD> pieces of eight for yer work.
Order placed. Check the Items tab on yer pirate page to see the progress of yer orders.
Arr, ye can no longer pursue the <WILDCARD>: That vessel has put into port.
Thank ye kindly for yer purchase! <WILDCARD> has been charged to <WILDCARD>. Yer account shall update momentarily.
Authorizing your credit card...
Ye are eligible for a new reward! Check the Ahoy tab for details.
The competition <WILDCARD> has ended.
<WILDCARD> won the <WILDCARD> category in <WILDCARD>
To arms! <WILDCARD>!
The vessel is full, you may not post a job notice.
<WILDCARD> ship disappears into the mists.
Ye've helped defend against the vicious vikings.
Several of the ship's dedicated hands leave the outpost with <WILDCARD>.
Ye received <WILDCARD>!
Yer ship has been awarded <WILDCARD> for yer help. <WILDCARD> from the reward have been placed in the ship's hold.
Ye have received <WILDCARD> from <WILDCARD>.
Shiver me timbers! Ye've used up yer hours of advance labor and will have to wait for actual hours to pass before ye can apply yer labor to foraging again.
Ye can still play the puzzle if ye like; ye just won't be receiving commodities of any value.
Ye are now the proud owner of <WILDCARD>!
Avast! There be nothin' shiny left in this dismal sand heap! Let fly the mainsail me hearty!
Could not find a nearby Trading Post.
That item is too old to put on a rack.
<WILDCARD> won the <WILDCARD>!
A landlubber ye ain't, unless that land holds buried treasure!
Ye've cleared out most of this hoard. Put yer backs into it and get the last few chests.
A hidden cache emptied of its loot, yer pockets heavy with ill-gotten treasure...ah! It's good to be a PIRATE!
The sparkle of treasure dances amongst the wreckage below.
'Tis sure ye'll be making better use of this loot than its previous owners.
Ye have won <WILDCARD> in the tournament!
Game over, winners: <WILDCARD>.
Final scores:
<WILDCARD> scored <WILDCARD>.
A sudden chill creeps over the vessel.
Ye're almost to the bottom. Pull out the last of the chests and be done with it.
Ye've hit bottom mate! That's all for this hoard.
They buried this treasure where nobody could find it, and today, ye be that nobody!
Ye've cleared out most of this hoard. Put yer backs into it and get the last few chests.
Ye've plundered all ye can! Time to shove off this flyspeck island.
'Twas quite a haul! Now get yer sorry carcass back to the ship with the loot!
Can ye smell the loot mate? ?It's bound to be around here somewhere!
All hands join in the fight to purge the ghouls haunting this sunken treasure!
Could not tell <WILDCARD>."
<WILDCARD> dismissed <WILDCARD> from the crew.
The ship is out of <WILDCARD> cannon balls!
Last one to the treasure be a balmy bilge rat!
Arrr! A job well done. Let's git that treasure on board!
Ye're almost done. Ye just need to clear out the last of the loot.
This be the place! Now where'd that sorry sea dog hide the booty?
This be the place. Spread out and look fer a spot to dig.
This vessel's team is a contender in the blockade and may ultimately take the island!
The ship has been knocked out of the blockade!
The blockade is over, <WILDCARD> is now the owner of <WILDCARD>
An old silt-mired hulk looms below, a faint gleam peaks out from its broken hull.
The shipwreck slides silently into the depths as ye haul the last of her treasure aboard.
Ye don't have enough of those!
Ye've already selected enough!
Yer ship has relieved the empire of <WILDCARD> pieces of eight. <WILDCARD> pieces of eight from these spoils have been placed in the ship's hold.
A cursed islander was driven off by the maneuver.
The crew feel nearly up to braving the Cursed Isle after a mighty helping of rum.
With continued exposure to the fog, the crew begins to see terrifying visions that distract them from their duties.
<WILDCARD> has taken control of a zombie.
Now that ye've sunk their ship, ye'll need to raid the outpost. Ashore, mates!
You have been refunded <WILDCARD> for your canceled order.
Amongst the shattered timbers and corroded cannons, the friendly glint of treasure winks at you from the depths.
The tournament has been cancelled due to lack of participants.
<WILDCARD> won the <WILDCARD> category in <WILDCARD>!

Arbedar!
Tailspin
----------------------------------------
[Edit 16 times, last edit by Soar at Oct 28, 2011 2:33:45 AM]
[Sep 21, 2011 9:45:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Re: QuarterMaster Ver 2.5 Development Discussion Reply to this Post

I recently returned to running larger pillages (junk, wb), and have found that I want some of the features that QM offers. I do use Windows 7, and there is, as of now, a way to make it work on Windows 7.... I'll explain it if asked to.

I am very happy to see the list of features being fixed/tweaked, and would be very happy to try testing.

One bug not mentioned, and the reason I stopped using QM in the first place is this: Once auto-plank has been turned in, it cannot turn off. I don't know if that was a problem for everyone, or only for me. I would use it in certain pillages of mine, but then when I wanted to use it on somebody else's Atlantean run, to see who's good and stuff, it'd try to plank them every time someone came on.... not good.

Other possible improvements:
Borderline bug, but filter out a lot of the IO, VR, HS, SW, BT auto-messages whose equivalents are filtered out of chat. (i.e., I don't need QM to tell me if we won or lost that Viking Raid, I can see for myself, thanks).
Include HS
Include trikes, arches, gorgys, and HS ships into the damage counter.
Okay, this is probably just me and a few other nutheads out there wanting this, but is there a way to keep a current win-loss record of the pilly (perhaps linking it to navigator's name?), and-or keep track of the number of each ship beat?

I'd be happy to help out with the testing, and I am fairly active (on 4-5 days a week usually).
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Sep 21, 2011 11:22:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
randy_chimp

The purpose of the damage counter is to know what you would take into the swordfight, why would you need that for HS? The damage counter is... right there...

One thing I would definitely recommend if you don't already have it is a way of filtering chat for in blockades.
Dachimpy.com (video tutorials website)
Blockade Simulator
[Sep 22, 2011 12:15:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

Ahoy Mates

RE: jlh0605

I recently returned to running larger pillages (junk, wb), and have found that I want some of the features that QM offers. I do use Windows 7, and there is, as of now, a way to make it work on Windows 7.... I'll explain it if asked to.

That would be very useful. I'll re-post it to the OP to help those with the same problem.

One bug not mentioned, and the reason I stopped using QM in the first place is this: Once auto-plank has been turned in, it cannot turn off.

I'll take a look at this, it shouldn't be happening. Does it still occur with the current version?

Borderline bug, but filter out a lot of the IO, VR, HS, SW, BT auto-messages whose equivalents are filtered out of chat.

These are the out of place messages I mentioned in the bug section. If you can give me a copy paste of the lines that should be going to the "Others" tab I'll pop them in the filter. PP keeps on adding mroe and more with each update and so its an ongoing process to filter them all. I'll post the ones I have collected so far to the OP today. But yeah, as you find them please post them in here so I can clean them up.

Include HS

Sinker boards really won't work with the damage counter. These batttles have regeneration active for just about everything, so the damage count will always be incorrect. Pretty much all you can do is refer to the ship or monster stats to give you a general idea and then shot till it sinks.

Okay, this is probably just me and a few other nutheads out there wanting this, but is there a way to keep a current win-loss record of the pilly (perhaps linking it to navigator's name?), and-or keep track of the number of each ship beat?

Not sure I understand this one correctly. Isn't there a report on the PP booty div that shows the win/loss score?

RE: Randy Chimp

One thing I would definitely recommend if you don't already have it is a way of filtering chat for in blockades

What kind of filtering were you thinking of?

Thanks for the input mates!

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Soar at Sep 22, 2011 4:37:06 PM]
[Sep 22, 2011 4:35:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

The only bug I have with QM relates to the ability to "refresh" the list of pirates who are currently on your ship. At the moment, QM does a bit of a hack - it brings the YPP window to the front, does a /who, tries to highlight the area where pirates on your current ship are listed, parses it and then adds them to QM's list of "aboard" pirates.

This functionality breaks under the following circumstances: When more than one OM is online, the "second" OM is put on a new line. QM is then unable to highlight the list of crew members on the ship.

The trouble with this is that usually blockades start on the hour, and OMs seem to switch shifts on the hour too. This means that at the start of a blockade or start of a round - the ability to quickly re-load the list of pirates to QM is not available. As a jobbing contact, it's easier if QM is constantly tracking the pirates on my ship and keeping count, rather than me having to /who each time the admiral asks how loaded the ship is.

If you can find a way to fix this (maybe after it fails to do it the first few times, QM tries to start highlighting one line lower) that would be great.
Cerulean & Meridian - Icemeister
Emerald & Obsidian - incognito!
#TeamPurple
[Sep 22, 2011 6:07:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

The only bug I have with QM relates to the ability to "refresh" the list of pirates who are currently on your ship. At the moment, QM does a bit of a hack - it brings the YPP window to the front, does a /who, tries to highlight the area where pirates on your current ship are listed, parses it and then adds them to QM's list of "aboard" pirates.

This functionality breaks under the following circumstances: When more than one OM is online, the "second" OM is put on a new line. QM is then unable to highlight the list of crew members on the ship.

The trouble with this is that usually blockades start on the hour, and OMs seem to switch shifts on the hour too. This means that at the start of a blockade or start of a round - the ability to quickly re-load the list of pirates to QM is not available. As a jobbing contact, it's easier if QM is constantly tracking the pirates on my ship and keeping count, rather than me having to /who each time the admiral asks how loaded the ship is.

If you can find a way to fix this (maybe after it fails to do it the first few times, QM tries to start highlighting one line lower) that would be great.

Aye this fix should be in the first BETA test. It's an old and one I got it out of the way first. But when the Beta file is up, if you could take a look and confirm the fix worked, it would be very helpful.

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[Sep 22, 2011 6:25:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

Great, I'll be sure to check it out. A feature request: When you board a new ship, you're prompted about erasing the old crew list. Could I also be prompted to try and load the new crew list of the ship I just boarded? =)
#TeamPurple
[Sep 22, 2011 6:44:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Soar

Great, I'll be sure to check it out. A feature request: When you board a new ship, you're prompted about erasing the old crew list. Could I also be prompted to try and load the new crew list of the ship I just boarded? =)

Okie dokie, I'll see if I can bundle it in with the same dialog prompt.

Also added a revision of the booty earnt total to the To-Do list. It's probably not accurate anymore with all the new stuff.

Arbedar!
Tailspin
[Sep 22, 2011 6:53:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

RE: jlh0605

That would be very useful. I'll re-post it to the OP to help those with the same problem.

Basically, when you are installing QM in Windows 7, there is an error that pops up every time: "Error 1301.Cannot create the file . A directory with this name already exists. Cancel the installation and try installing to a different location."

The gist of the solution I heard is: Force-quit the program at this point (do NOT hit the x button or cancel it... use Task Mangager or equivalent to forcekill it.) Then navigate to said folder and use it away. However, there isn't a seperate damage counter file this way, which I sometimes (i.e. elites) find more useful than the full program.

One bug not mentioned, and the reason I stopped using QM in the first place is this: Once auto-plank has been turned in, it cannot turn off.

I'll take a look at this, it shouldn't be happening. Does it still occur with the current version?

I don't know yet - I haven't tested it out. (Side note - when you're referring to "current version", do you mean 2.4a?)

Borderline bug, but filter out a lot of the IO, VR, HS, SW, BT auto-messages whose equivalents are filtered out of chat.

These are the out of place messages I mentioned in the bug section. If you can give me a copy paste of the lines that should be going to the "Others" tab I'll pop them in the filter. PP keeps on adding mroe and more with each update and so its an ongoing process to filter them all. I'll post the ones I have collected so far to the OP today. But yeah, as you find them please post them in here so I can clean them up.

Just the thought of having to find many of these makes me a little nauseated... glad it's you doing it, and not me. Though, I will post if I find some not in the current version.

Include HS

Sinker boards really won't work with the damage counter. These batttles have regeneration active for just about everything, so the damage count will always be incorrect. Pretty much all you can do is refer to the ship or monster stats to give you a general idea and then shot till it sinks.

Let me rephrase - include rough estimates of maximum damage. i.e., Oh, I've put 8 mediums into this light arch.... is that about 10% of sunk or 90% of sunK?

Not sure I understand this one correctly. Isn't there a report on the PP booty div that shows the win/loss score?

Basically, this, but current. Sometimes in a pillage, I can't remember if I'm 8-2, 8-1, 9-2, etc. Also, this might be a stretch, but perhaps record this by person? As in, "I was in 23 battles that person X navved, we won 20 of them, he's pretty good."
~Jamesh on Emerald

[Sep 22, 2011 10:36:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
randy_chimp

Well you get spammed to death by things like people jobbing and spamming vessel chat that you can't see tells and the like.
Dachimpy.com (video tutorials website)
Blockade Simulator
[Sep 23, 2011 1:16:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

A bug I have (with 2.4a) is if I have more than one pirate logged on I will often get a message that I have boarded a new ship when I have not done so (on either pirate)

Is this a known issue?

Has it been addressed in 2.5?

Do you need me to do some testing to try and determine exactly what caused the message to appear?
Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."
[Sep 23, 2011 4:14:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

Would you consider adding a few little features to assist people with foraging? Some ideas for useful features include:
  • Alerts for when certain commodities - such as gold nuggets or specific gems - are found
  • Alerts for when the amount of gems brought aboard since QM started tracking a vessel is near or exceeds 20 units of gems
  • Commodity counting (using the log) with ability to set ship size and any commods already aboard. This could lead to
  • Ship capacity alerts.

Just food for thought if you wanted to add really new stuff.
    #TeamPurple
  • [Sep 23, 2011 4:48:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Soar

Ahoy :]

Re: Jamesh

Windows 7 - Thanks mate, I'll write up a section for the OP on help for users having trouble with the current 2.4a and put it in there.

Auto-plank - Yep, current version is 2.4a.

Monster & DC - Hmm i am going to rework the damage counter. Perhaps a warning with the enemies that use regeneration would protect me from complaints about it never being accurate. This way the base stats would at least be shown. Will look into it.

Battle Scoring - Hmm think I'll leave this one to the client systems. I'm kinda stretched for space with QM these days and this would require a display area or new window. It does present a good idea for other 3rd party app developers however. Maybe an app that tracked wins/losses/booty totals for all the different types of BNaving (Pillage/expeditions/CI/Atlantis/etc.) and sent these to a server where they could be displayed on some kind of ranking tables. Like a detailed version of the ingame ranks but with all voyyage types (BNav stats only take in to account pillage results I've heard). It wouldn't work inside QM as it is windows only so not exactly fair to all.

Re: Randy Chimp

Well you get spammed to death by things like people jobbing and spamming vessel chat that you can't see tells and the like.

The best I can do with this is already in the chat tab window. Please don't tell me that is busted too, lol.

Re: SirCarl67
    Unfortunately QM doesn't support multi clients. Things get really really messed up wth the client interaction. It would become a bug fest.

Re: Sagacious
    I think you can set sounds to be played when specified messages pop up in chat. Somewhere in the Options window I think it was. All you'd need to do is set the system messages you wanted to have sounds for and Bob's your uncle. The commod counting and hold alerts could work, but the first step towards that would be a hold calculator for traders/foragers planning how much they can ship before sailing. The data and interface for that could then be imployed for your suggestions. I'll take a look if I get time, but definitly no promisses. :]

Thanks mates!

Arbedar!
    Tailspin
    [Sep 23, 2011 6:29:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    SirCarl67

Unfortunately QM doesn't support multi clients. Things get really really messed up wth the client interaction. It would become a bug fest.

Would it be possible for QM to ignore all the clients other than the one whose pirate name was entered at log on or would this also be a bug fest.
    Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."
    [Sep 24, 2011 5:02:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Soar

Would it be possible for QM to ignore all the clients other than the one whose pirate name was entered at log on or would this also be a bug fest.

Maybe, I'll take a look into it. :]

Arbedar!
    Tailspin
    [Sep 24, 2011 9:12:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    jlh0605

"Thank ye kindly for yer purchase! <WILDCARD> has been charged to <WILDCARD>. Yer account shall update momentarily."
    "Authorizing your credit card..."
    "Ye are eligible for a new reward! Check the Ahoy tab for details"
    ~Jamesh on Emerald

[Sep 25, 2011 2:14:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
    Soar

"Thank ye kindly for yer purchase! <WILDCARD> has been charged to <WILDCARD>. Yer account shall update momentarily."
    "Authorizing your credit card..."
    "Ye are eligible for a new reward! Check the Ahoy tab for details"

Thank ye mate, I put those in today.

Arbedar!
    Tailspin
    [Sep 26, 2011 8:21:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    jlh0605

"The tournament has been cancelled due to lack of participants" - though you may not want to take that one out.

EDIT:
    "The competition <WILDCARD> has ended."
    "<WILDCARD> won the <WILDCARD> category in <WILDCARD>"
    ~Jamesh on Emerald

[Edit 1 times, last edit by jlh0605 at Sep 26, 2011 11:25:01 PM]
    [Sep 26, 2011 9:49:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
    hirsty

Maybe rather put it in the options put the shares and restock percentage into my crew? or even the main page?

If possible: FIX LE ships (enchanted class sloop isnt a war brig :P)
    Hirsty on Cobalt Ocean
    [Sep 28, 2011 12:50:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Soar

Maybe rather put it in the options put the shares and restock percentage into my crew? or even the main page?

QM doesn't actually track the restock percentage or shares, haven't found a need for it yet. But yes, I will definitly be looking through all the LE ships and seeing if they are al registering correctly.

Added those chat lines Jlh, thank ye kindly.

Arbedar!
    Tailspin
    [Sep 29, 2011 5:49:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Soar

Proficient?! Where did that come from?

*whimper*

Arbedar!
    Tailspin
    [Sep 29, 2011 5:50:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    jlh0605

Proficient?! Where did that come from?

*whimper*

Arbedar!
    Tailspin

Just how long have you not been playing?
    ~Jamesh on Emerald

[Sep 29, 2011 11:27:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
    tilinka

For the hearty assist, would it be possible to group or tag hearties? It would be very useful to quickly differentiate between people who like to job on pillages with me from those who I like to job for or who like group drinking or the newish person with all the questions.
    Tilinka, Emerald
    Perilous Puppet
    Artsy Stuff
    [Sep 30, 2011 5:47:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.perilouspuppets.com    Tilinka    3569427 [Link]  Go to top 
    tabzsheff

Ahoy :)

I found a quick and easy way to get the Current version (2.4a) to work on Windows 7.

Download the .zip package, unpack it to where you want it, then Run it. No compatibility issues, and no installation errors what so ever.

I'm really looking forward to the new version, as a returning pirate myself the first thing I did was rush off to get me trusted Pirate Helper :D

Glad to see ye back on the Oceans Soar!
    Promised to my love, Badkittycat of Cobalt

Senior officer of The Cat's Meow
    King of Pride and Punnishment
    [Sep 30, 2011 11:41:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Soar

Ahoy!

For the hearty assist, would it be possible to group or tag hearties? It would be very useful to quickly differentiate between people who like to job on pillages with me from those who I like to job for or who like group drinking or the newish person with all the questions.

I Should be able to include an editable text line that goes next to each hearty's name so you can tack little notes on them.

RE: Tabzsheff
    Good to be back, and to answer an earlier question, it's been over a year for me since I sailed these waters. Thanks for the info on Win7 mate, I've put it in the OP.

Arbedar!
    Tailspin
    [Oct 1, 2011 1:11:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    hirsty

QM doesn't actually track the restock percentage or shares, haven't found a need for it yet. But yes, I will definitly be looking through all the LE ships and seeing if they are al registering correctly.

Arbedar!
    Tailspin

Maybe to give an accurate booty count ? :)
    Hirsty on Cobalt Ocean
    [Oct 5, 2011 11:53:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Ice_devil

Any chance you can make it mac compatible?

WINE doesn't work properly on mac (without tinkering) and all the run-in mac stuff lags to death.
    Hellacious/Hellaciouss/Defunct/Hamsterz
    Capy tells ye, "I'm sorry... I don't know you well enough yet to allow you cam time!"
    Plu tells ye, "screw you..Im interfering in every cade you ever contend&q
    [Oct 6, 2011 5:27:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Soar

Arbedar!
    Tailspin

Maybe to give an accurate booty count ? :)

The last time I took a look at it, it was working as follows. Please let me know if there have been changes so I can update.
    When it comes onboard the booty is initially split 50/50 between the booty chest and immediate payments to the crew. So QM would track both these amounts. The booty chest running total is dispalyed in the booty manager (but now that I think about it, it would proabably be more useful displayed on the main window if I could find space for it, heh). The immediate payments went towards the end-of-pillage report that shows you how much you earnt personally for the entire voyage. That pops up on the divvy chat msg.
    The crew restock % didn't come into play until the final divvy so it wasn't needed for the numbers QM tracked as they were all covered by chat msgs.

RE: Ice_Devil
    I'd love to put QM on Mac and the other OS's, but it's programmed in Delphi which is reeeeealy hard to port. It would probably take a full rewrite. A few people have offered to do it in the past but as yet nobody has been able.

I'll update the OP with my progress this week. Hopefully the first beta will be out soon with some of the new stuff and bug fixes to test.

Arbedar!
    Tailspin
    [Oct 7, 2011 12:01:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    hirsty

every time i tried using it it seemed to have incorrect figures :/ (checked against the booty) + i dont believe it tracks IO/ vikings?
    Hirsty on Cobalt Ocean
    [Oct 7, 2011 12:49:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Soar

every time i tried using it it seemed to have incorrect figures :/ (checked against the booty) + i dont believe it tracks IO/ vikings?

Aye, it's probably messed up with all the new content and chat changes. I'll keep an eye on it as I do the alpha tests, and then ask the people who do beta to check it too. There are so many things it has to watch, but if I get them all it should become accurate again.

I wonder if i can fit that booty counter on the main window. It would save all that running to the chest.

Arbedar!
    Tailspin
    [Oct 7, 2011 2:59:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Posts: 91   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates