• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1185 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
ryujinpp

black box amulet... Reply to this Post

not a fan of blackbox and have only bought 2 thus far in the past since it was introduced to the game but bought a few today.. and upon opening the first, i got the necromantic amulet but it shows "degrades very soon" which i found to be rather weird as i thought amulets typically last 5 days?

is it normal to get amulet from black box which "degrades very soon"?
----------------------------------------
Galene tells ye, "I reserve the right to not deliver prizes to you anymore in the future :P"
Galene tells ye, "You crashed me 6 times!"

Ryujin on all oceans
[Sep 21, 2011 11:23:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.facebook.com/PuzzlePirates [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Re: black box amulet... Reply to this Post

They last either one or five days, depending on which type you get, IIRC.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Sep 21, 2011 12:25:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

No, for some strange reason, black box amulets only seem to last for "very soon" - basically, the next time you log in. I'd also thought they were five days. I got both a sanguine and a skeletal amulet that only lasted for "very soon" as well.
[Sep 21, 2011 2:34:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
babirusa27

So... you pay 10k(if you're lucky) or like 50k and more, depending on how many are bought, and get an amulet that last only one logging time? what if I opened the box, find the amulet, but I have to log out because I have to do something else, log in again the next day, and I find that my amulet is gone!, whoa!, well I don't like when I buy one and find a useless and almost worthless trinket, that's why I only buy when the 10k are just a minor lost of my hard earned PoE funds. Anyways, I have a couple questions, what is a sanguine amulet? and (it's not about the current topic) how do I associate a dummy rumble/swordfight to be able to fight it? oh! and, do I improve my stats or it's like fighting a bot?
Nobody move!!!...
Dropped me brain...
[Sep 21, 2011 4:32:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

So... you pay 10k(if you're lucky) or like 50k and more, depending on how many are bought, and get an amulet that last only one logging time? what if I opened the box, find the amulet, but I have to log out because I have to do something else, log in again the next day, and I find that my amulet is gone!, whoa!, well I don't like when I buy one and find a useless and almost worthless trinket, that's why I only buy when the 10k are just a minor lost of my hard earned PoE funds.

Yes, that's the way it works. Or you could end up with a skeletal monkey familiar, which can be sold for millions. Black boxes are a lottery, plain and simple. You may be lucky. You may end up with yet another set of marked cards.

Anyways, I have a couple questions, what is a sanguine amulet?

Turns you into a vampire. Lasts either one day or five days, IIRC.

how do I associate a dummy rumble/swordfight to be able to fight it? oh! and, do I improve my stats or it's like fighting a bot?

Can't answer the first question. But it's not merely like fighting a bot. You are fighting a bot, plain and simple.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Sep 21, 2011 5:35:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zeplin411

No, for some strange reason, black box amulets only seem to last for "very soon" - basically, the next time you log in. I'd also thought they were five days. I got both a sanguine and a skeletal amulet that only lasted for "very soon" as well.

In the same batch of black boxes (too many to tell) I got a total of 5 amulets. 3 lasted only that day and 2 were for 3 days. Looks like we need a bit more info before the "very soon" is stated to be the life span of BB amulets.
Miget
Captain of Sealords Armada
Queen of Imperial Rednecks

Castor tells ye, "Ahoy mate. Did ye want the name "Awesome"? (That will run ye 12 shanghais)
A drunk moment with a flaggie saying "awesome"
[Sep 22, 2011 7:28:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates