• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 32
Posts: 32   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4186 times and has 31 replies Next Thread
andman

Don't pirates have manners anymore?

I just came back last week after being away for 3-4 years.
I'm really excited about all the new things in the game (haunted oceans are awesome), but no new hair styles after 4 years? C'mon OOO.

Anyway. I'm a swordfighter- so I've been spending alot of time at the brawl table de-rustifying myself. While doing so- I've come to notice that so many people on this ocean are huge jerks.

Today- I wake up and log on and jump on a SF to warm up. He breaks my combo and then I don't get breakers so he beats me fairly easily. I say 'good game.' just like i always do and i get a /tell back, "u scuppering suck stop playing forever barrelstopper."

This isn't the first time. If you win, you get lucky and you are a scuppering terrible lucker who sucks at life. If you lose you should kill yourself and never play again.

I don't remember people being this stupid. Of course I just /mute most of them, but not before I give them a piece of my mind. But then I usually just get /tells back saying that 'u so mad' 'u mad at a video game lol landlubber' 'maybe if u didnt suck' and so on and so forth.

So when did this ocean take a turn for the worse? Are all the parlor games/voyages like this? Or does SF just get the worst degenerates in the ocean?
----------------------------------------
Iollipop!
ooh baby baby.
[Sep 18, 2011 12:47:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.myspace.com/thethoughtfuloblivion    hello4am [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

Re: Don't pirates have manners anymore?

The majority of Swordfighters at a particular level are all tools/morons/alts. Unfortunately, wherever you go in the ocean there will be someone around bringing down the general IQ level of the game, but most people on this game I find to be pleasant, if not at least sufferable.

Most voyages are nothing like that, you might get unlucky and get a 12 year old running it, but on the whole you don't come across any of the idiocies that you do whilst Swordfighting.
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Sep 18, 2011 1:01:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurtboss4

SF supports 90% of the jerks in the whole game.
When they say umad, you have pretty much the following odds:

• 50% - Alts that are mad they can't have nice stuff
  • 25% - Alts that are mad they keep getting banned
  • 10% - General tools who even think e-relationships are good, therefore taking the game too seriously
  • 4% - They just lost 150m to Guantanamo / Sardarc / Bible / Porphyris, and they need to say something nasty
  • 1% - Failed suicidal attempt; revenge@game
  • 10% - General tools that are stupid for the sake of being stupid

For each of which, you should just send a classy tell, amongst the lines of 'You are ugly' and procede to muting.
They'll rage alot at themselves, making themselves sadder than you ever could.
And, scene.
*lights out*
[Sep 18, 2011 1:17:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
andman

'You are ugly'

Thats my new plan for all these idiots.
Iollipop!
ooh baby baby.
[Sep 18, 2011 1:24:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.myspace.com/thethoughtfuloblivion    hello4am [Link]  Go to top 
false_dmitri

If they're particularly abusive, you could /complain them and hope for a ban, at least until they get their next alt up and running. SF always seemed to attract the worst of the community alongside some of the best. Maybe it's the bright colors and speedy gameplay.
On hiatus. :(
[Sep 18, 2011 2:39:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

It's the quick flashing of bright colors, inducing seizures of rage. Or, in the odd case, causing them to see the light and turn into hippies.

btw wb bra
[removed by SOPA]
[Sep 18, 2011 6:15:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rhoaleper

If they're particularly abusive, you could /complain them and hope for a ban, at least until they get their next alt up and running. SF always seemed to attract the worst of the community alongside some of the best. Maybe it's the bright colors and speedy gameplay.

If we must speculate, I'd think it's because in SF one is only accountable to themself. On a sea voyage the jobbers are accountable to the OIC (the captain could plank them if they're rude), and to a certain extent, the OIC is also accountable to the jobbers (who could desert him if he's being particularly abusive).
Spheniscine on Obsidian
Was Rhoaleper in all dub oceans, but based in Viridian
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Rhoaleper at Sep 18, 2011 8:19:22 PM]
[Sep 18, 2011 8:18:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Pretty sure Hurtboss forgot the 0.1% which is Whitehaze who is just a dick in general because he thinks he is good at SF and gets beat by everybody that is at his rank.
Captainrich
[Sep 18, 2011 9:04:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Therealhunta

This is where you throw a bear at them.

~~Hunta~~
RiddleMakers
Viridian Meridian Ocean
[Sep 18, 2011 9:58:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

Pretty sure Hurtboss forgot the 0.1% which is Whitehaze who is just a dick in general because he thinks he is good at SF and gets beat by everybody that is at his rank.

Well played sir
Recruiting a 'Nagflar' character to hold my camel.
# Team Bacon Strips # SwagSauce # YOTO.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Whitehazed at Sep 19, 2011 10:57:16 AM]
[Sep 19, 2011 10:56:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

'You are ugly'

Thats my new plan for all these idiots.

On the inside!
[Sep 19, 2011 11:39:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jongy5

In reference to the subject question:

No
Musicologist : Self-proclaimed Master Minstrel mostly of Meridian

Message from Team Evil: Fine, we'll pass the petition along to Hera for you even though you're pro-Team Purple, but we refuse to be happy about it! #TeamEvilisAWESOME
[Sep 19, 2011 12:06:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
andman

Darklotus tells ye, "why are sfers so aggressive"
Ye auto-responded "this is just a game homies. try to have fun." to Darklotus.
Hancer lost!
Game over. Winner: Iove.
Hancer says, "And you are leg?"
Iove says, "good game"
Hancer says, "Funny."
Hancer tells ye, "Already muted."
Ye auto-responded "this is just a game homies. try to have fun." to Hancer.

Game over. Winner: Iove
Kova tells ye, "newb"
Kova tells ye, "you suck so bad"
Kova tells ye, "RETARD"
Kova tells ye, "learn to play"

Kova is eliminated!
Kova says, "see what a retarded newbs without skills lmao"

Game over. Winner: Iove
Rengarenk tells ye, "You are barnacle"

Naded lost!
Your experience in Swordfighting is now Sublime!
Ye have been awarded the Sublime Swordfighter!
Iove wins 3998 pieces of eight.
Naded says, "lols"
Naded says, "You suck"
Iove says, "good game"

Beatboxing lost!
Iove wins 2442 pieces of eight.
Beatboxing says, "u are scuppering big idiot"

Beatboxing lost!
Iove wins 10000 pieces of eight.
Beatboxing says, "can;t belvbel"
Iove laughs
Beatboxing says, "what aidiot"
Beatboxing says, "evert"
Beatboxing says, "u are suck"
Beatboxing tells ye, "u are big idio ever"
Beatboxing tells ye, "and u will never know how to play sf"

Xfrostfirexx lost!
Iove wins 2000 pieces of eight.
Iove says, "good game"
Xfrostfirexx says, "retard"

can we please stop this shit?
Iollipop!
ooh baby baby.
[Edit 3 times, last edit by andman at Nov 4, 2011 9:25:30 AM]
[Oct 21, 2011 11:14:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.myspace.com/thethoughtfuloblivion    hello4am [Link]  Go to top 
WenchCleo

I always find it's funny that when you win they tell you that you suck... so if you suck and beat them... how bad are they!?!
Tikao of Viridian Meridian Ocean
Captain of Dark Horizon, Queen of Brink of Dawn

Martobain wrote: 
This thread is like a spanish soap series, I don't have a clue what they are saying and all the actors suck.

[Oct 21, 2011 11:22:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Nice thread.
while you posted it, said jerks forgot you even exist and moved on with their life. The non retard ones anyhow.
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Oct 21, 2011 11:29:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kalingoding

Ooh, so you're Iove! Nice to know :)

And, Kova is a dumbnugget in itself, you have to ignore and/or patronize him.

The way you play is playing to disrupt, which is arguably the best style. Most people in SF think mass builds = awesomeness. You'll be called a narbazzn00bur alot, but give it some time. Do you see anyone calling Sardarc or Guantanamo n00burz?
Innuending one soul at a time
Copacabana, Viridian pixels
[Oct 21, 2011 11:43:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Abandonment

Ooh, so you're Iove! Nice to know :)

And, Kova is a dumbnugget in itself, you have to ignore and/or patronize him.

The way you play is playing to disrupt, which is arguably the best style. Most people in SF think mass builds = awesomeness. You'll be called a narbazzn00bur alot, but give it some time. Do you see anyone calling Sardarc or Guantanamo n00burz?

I still get torrents of abuse, I just let the swordfighting speak for itself, though.
Priapus/Guantanamo
[Oct 21, 2011 12:27:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

That is because Guan is a haxor noober.
Captainrich
[Oct 21, 2011 1:09:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

That is because Guan is a haxor noober.

Oh yeah I forgot about that.
I do what I can, when I can.

- Empathetic,
Still playing, here and there.
[Oct 21, 2011 3:46:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Guano practices stabbing people in RL.

He was part of the UK riots.
Anchovia
[Oct 21, 2011 4:16:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

Guano practices stabbing people in RL.

He was part of the UK riots.

Was he the 11 year old running with some booze? That would make so much sense...
I do what I can, when I can.

- Empathetic,
Still playing, here and there.
[Oct 21, 2011 4:32:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
aidthepoe

I recently started playing on Viridian more, since my usual oceans have been pretty lackey when it comes to the brawl tables, and I have gotten the more trash talk here than any other ocean. It's pretty funny actually, a majority of the crap I get spews from the mouths of green alts. Oh, and angry Ultimates.

Naded lost!
Game over. Winner: Oblong.
Oblong wins 138 pieces of eight.
Oblong says, "good game"
Naded says, "Awful game"

^^ Every game.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by aidthepoe at Oct 22, 2011 5:22:11 PM]
[Oct 22, 2011 5:21:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IamRumours

I just came back last week after being away for 3-4 years.
I'm really excited about all the new things in the game (haunted oceans are awesome), but no new hair styles after 4 years? C'mon OOO.

Anyway. I'm a swordfighter- so I've been spending alot of time at the brawl table de-rustifying myself. While doing so- I've come to notice that so many people on this ocean are huge jerks.

Today- I wake up and log on and jump on a SF to warm up. He breaks my combo and then I don't get breakers so he beats me fairly easily. I say 'good game.' just like i always do and i get a /tell back, "u scuppering suck stop playing forever barrelstopper."

This isn't the first time. If you win, you get lucky and you are a scuppering terrible lucker who sucks at life. If you lose you should kill yourself and never play again.

I don't remember people being this stupid. Of course I just /mute most of them, but not before I give them a piece of my mind. But then I usually just get /tells back saying that 'u so mad' 'u mad at a video game lol landlubber' 'maybe if u didnt suck' and so on and so forth.

So when did this ocean take a turn for the worse? Are all the parlor games/voyages like this? Or does SF just get the worst degenerates in the ocean?

I know how you feel. :'(

Even though I lost the game, I got a tell saying, ********* tells you, "hahahaha u lost cause you have a small john thomas XD". My first thought was, how does he know!? But I was mostly thinking, what's the point in being nice if people aren't going to be nice back...

But yeah, people should be nicer...

The End.
Eglinton.
[Oct 22, 2011 11:59:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Abandonment

FWIW, it's generally best not attempting to respond or argue with them. Most of them have the mental capacity that just about allows them to recognise colour and allign it in a 6x13 grid. Arguing is usually just them spouting incoherent dribble in spanglish.
Priapus/Guantanamo
[Oct 23, 2011 1:52:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bronzebeard

Hah, that Naded fella is hilarious. Doesn't matter which of my alts I beat him on, he invariably tells me how useless I am and why I'll never be as good as he is. Also, you should ALWAYS respond or argue with them - it's great fun!
Peglegpaul
Now on Obsidian!
[Oct 23, 2011 3:09:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

Paul is the most unsportsmanlike of them all, he creates alt after alt to tell people how bad they are.
[removed by SOPA]
[Oct 23, 2011 3:17:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bronzebeard

And in the most condescending manner imaginable, no less.
Peglegpaul
Now on Obsidian!
[Oct 23, 2011 3:24:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kalingoding

Hah, that Naded fella is hilarious. Doesn't matter which of my alts I beat him on, he invariably tells me how useless I am and why I'll never be as good as he is. Also, you should ALWAYS respond or argue with them - it's great fun!

Try calling him and his 'girlfriend' an illegal alien.
Sit back.
Enjoy.
Innuending one soul at a time
Copacabana, Viridian pixels
[Oct 23, 2011 4:29:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

That's quite classy of you...
[removed by SOPA]
[Oct 23, 2011 4:56:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
totoiseshell

Thank you Viridian for teaching me to deal with people the classy way.
Inum

Castor says, "No, no! You don't know the secret doohickeys!"
Castor says, "You'll blow up the server!"

Galene says, "I'll trade it to Inum, she can sort it out later! :D"

[Oct 23, 2011 10:13:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 32   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates