• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 185
Posts: 185   Pages: 7   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 21744 times and has 184 replies Next Thread
Ice_devil

Re: Regarding the Spawning of the New Greenie Influx Reply to this Post

I have to agree that spawning greenies on Mala is like feeding a parasite, but it's open and they can't evict all 8 people who play Mala. So, they have to spawn something there and spread the love. Try and revive it.
----------------------------------------
Hellacious/Hellaciouss/Defunct/Hamsterz
Capy tells ye, "I'm sorry... I don't know you well enough yet to allow you cam time!"
Plu tells ye, "screw you..Im interfering in every cade you ever contend&q
[Sep 1, 2011 5:53:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

Hmm, but it is based in the USA my friend. Being able to exchange words that are harmless and not hurting anyone shouldn't be hindered.

Doesn't mean freedom of speech is guaranteed.
Ions
Captain of the Pimps at Sea.

Avatars by Inghild, Yumisa ...and Imp.
[Sep 1, 2011 5:58:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
Ice_devil

Hmm, but it is based in the USA my friend. Being able to exchange words that are harmless and not hurting anyone shouldn't be hindered.

Doesn't mean freedom of speech is guaranteed.

If someone walks into my house and says I'm a slutt, I can throw them out and tell them to shut up, right?

Correction.. I live in Oklahoma.. I'll just take my AK out and shoot they as-booties. Install filters on forums plox, I never censor myself.
Hellacious/Hellaciouss/Defunct/Hamsterz
Capy tells ye, "I'm sorry... I don't know you well enough yet to allow you cam time!"
Plu tells ye, "screw you..Im interfering in every cade you ever contend&q
[Sep 1, 2011 6:04:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Colvic

Let the new mates play the game on an ocean where they have more chance to make something of themselves.

^

Why they don't realise that this is an issue I do not know, they talked before about greenie retention on certain oceans being higher than others and solutions to keeping more. But still greenies are spawned on a mainly deserted ocean.

In my eyes the game's playerbase is already too thinly spread over oceans that were meant to be populated by hundreds more players than there already are.

Although a few players have said that it was wrong to tell the greenies to move to Viridian (and I agree) I haven't heard a good reason yet why they should even spawn on Malachite.

Different Tournament Formats please!

[Sep 1, 2011 6:05:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Oineedatan

To be honest if most of these "experienced" players hadn't left malachite, this argument wouldn't be happening. You are right, but you are also wrong. Hunter hasn't been dead for the 5 years I've known it, and the OMs are currently just trying to find a solution to this problem, and you're still disappointed, although other oceans still got more? There's no harm in giving Malachite a second chance, and there'll probably be many more steam players to come anyway. I expect that was one day of many.

correct me if i'm wrong, but...
if i remember correctly, when malachite opened up, most of the people there were after the more easily attainable trophies, items, and favorable dub conversion rate. i lingered on there for maybe the first thirty days. the depopulation mala experienced sounds like a symptom of some players returning to their main oceans after the new ocean excitement wore off. i wasn't there myself, but i'm guessing crimson suffered a similar fate?

in response to OP, i agree that the greenies that spawn on mala will get an imcomplete picture of the game. what they see there as opposed to more lively oceans may not be enough to keep them playing the game (i tend to judge free games fairly quickly if it's not compelling off the bat), but it's a lot to ask of OOO to try and spread out the greenie influx proportionally to the number active on each ocean. i can see how what OP may have been frowned on, but i don't think it warrants a ban/suspension.

/e runs away from VP Global Parlay

edit: sure reads like VP though.
____
oineedatan.viridian.
ts.viridian.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Oineedatan at Sep 1, 2011 6:25:11 PM]
[Sep 1, 2011 6:13:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

For the sake of this argument, we can use a school as a method of understanding. In my high school, we have roughly 2,000 students, lead by a faculty of less than 125. This leads to a what, 1 to 16 ratio? My school, like most (I would hope) are leading these students to become prominent and useful members of society. Using that logic, we don't need to overpower the greenie spawns that Malachite is getting, or any ocean, for that matter. It's an excellent time to teach them how it works.

Considering the complaints regarding HS/SMH/etc, we could go so far as to suggest malachite would be working like PP was before Atlantis was out. As players become better, we'll be able to better implement them into these Sea Monster Hunts, and it'll be like a whole new gameplay, just like it was when it was first released.

As for complaining about having Malachite receive greenie spawns, you have to remember we're still an ocean, whether you considerate it dead or not. As such, OOO will continue giving it an equal amount of treatment, or as best as it can deliver.
Bunnyspawn, Malachite's most arrogant player.

Also Bunnyspawn on Sage and Hunter;Disgraced on Viridian.

I support PvP in sinking environments.
[Sep 1, 2011 6:20:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sevenlyrcake

Just asking yourself this...if you were a brand new player to this game, would you want to be spawned onto an ocean that is dead and you can only experience half the game?

You're asking that question to someone who plays on Midnight.

trololololol
Sevenlayers on the Midnight Ocean
Senior Officer, Midnight Reavers

[Sep 1, 2011 6:22:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Amburwashere

Considering the complaints regarding HS/SMH/etc, we could go so far as to suggest malachite would be working like PP was before Atlantis was out. As players become better, we'll be able to better implement them into these Sea Monster Hunts, and it'll be like a whole new gameplay, just like it was when it was first released.

What about the players that want the full game experience right away and don't stay on the game because they are spawned onto an ocean that constantly has nothing going on?

Yes I understand this, but what keeps you there? The people and what you've accomplished I'm sure. If you had known that you were originally spawned onto a dead/dying ocean, I'm sure you wouldn't have stayed and rather built yourself up elsewhere.
Ambur
Hunter and Viridian Ocean
Banned on 9-29-11
[Sep 1, 2011 6:26:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    amburPP@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
Nooblar

Let the new mates play the game on an ocean where they have more chance to make something of themselves.

This. A hundred times this. The issue breaks down to how big you want the pond to be, and how small a fish are you willing to be in that pond. Sure vird has a lot of people, but you're going to need a hell of a lot to get noticed, because there are so many people. Sage is a little better for being noticed, but still pretty hard. Hunter is easier to stand out, but there are fewer people to hang out with, and mala it comes down to maybe a dozen people try to fight it out for top dog. Its a spectrum, and it needs to be presented as such, simply saying 'this ocean is dead, come to ours' is as unhelpful as 'that ocean is too full, come to ours'. It lacks any real information, which is likely why cronus got annoyed.
Nooblar and/or Nerdbeard on Sage/Emerald
Cartrunner wrote: 

<3
Dear forum alt: since you inquired, no, I do not endorse ban evasion.

Tilinkatar!
[Sep 1, 2011 6:31:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

What about the players that want the full game experience right away and don't stay on the game because they are spawned onto an ocean that constantly has nothing going on?

We still have pretty regular Brig Atlantis runs, and junk cit runs. Sure, we can't throw a frig in there, but honestly, it's not that big of a deal. We still have regular pillages on the notice board, War brig and below. Good things come to those who wait, eh? It won't take long for these individuals to become adept at at least a few individual puzzles. I can see these larger ship events being run sooner rather than later.

Yes I understand this, but what keeps you there? The people and what you've accomplished I'm sure. If you had known that you were originally spawned onto a dead/dying ocean, I'm sure you wouldn't have stayed and rather built yourself up elsewhere.

I originally left Viridian for Malachite. I wanted to be able to learn the gameplay better, to enter politics and the cade game, and that just wasn't happening on Viridian. I was able to get myself into a few lucky positions on Malachite, and now I've done most anything a person is able to do in the game, and I'm still glad I made that decision.

[Sep 1, 2011 6:32:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

Just asking yourself this...if you were a brand new player to this game, would you want to be spawned onto an ocean that is dead and you can only experience half the game?

This depends on what you want to get out of the game. For some of us, Malachite is a relatively quiet and friendly ocean where most people know each other. All aspects of the game occur on Malachite - just not all the time. Networking and cooperation becomes more important. It's not wrong, it's just different.

Plus, the vast majority of active greeters on Malachite are actually going to be capable of giving quick, accurate and helpful responses to greenie questions...

I'm just a little frustrated that this all has to be THIS week, when I can't actually be around much to help.
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Sep 1, 2011 7:29:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sevenlyrcake

Mmm, I haven't really accomplished that much. Only been back on on a new account for less than a year and when I came on I was aware that Midnight is a small ocean. What it comes down to is that I like the people. Someone on the forums once described Midnight as being like a village: people know each other, word gets around fast, etc. It's an ocean that's small but not too small. Fact is, I've screwed around on Viridian several times because I was curious but there were way too many nubs for me to handle. Also:

(a) I think dub oceans are unbalanced. If you choose to spend RL poe then you have an advantage. Also it costs dubs to deliver stuff. Whisking potions are dirt cheap on sub oceans but kind of ridiculous on dub oceans by comparison. Yes, I know there's a dub exchange, but it doesn't appeal to me.
(b) Badge system is confusing. Besides, on a sub ocean you don't have to buy a little badge to sail around. Once you're an officer you're set.
(c) Access to everything all the time.
(d) It ain't that expensive.
(e) I said it before and I'll say it again. Big ocean = more people = MORE NUBS! I am not the most patient person in the universe and I don't play on YPP to pull out my own fingernails. I play to have fun (and to bring the lulz). Please note there's a big difference between greenies and nubs. Nubs and greenies are not one in the same by any stretch of the imagination.

Mmm so I'm not here to have dub oceaners defend themselves. There are two payment systems set up for a reason and subscriptions appeal to me more than dubloons. The end.

And, really, if some random pirate called MoveToViri wandered up to me and dock-pressed me about switching oceans I would think (1) "wow what a nub" and (2) it would put a bad taste in my mouth and discourage me from continuing to play YPP.

Yah know, if you're actually curious.

TL;DR

Edit: I apologize for the excessive use of clichés in this post, but it is midnight EST.... Ironic. See what I did there?
Sevenlayers on the Midnight Ocean
Senior Officer, Midnight Reavers

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sevenlyrcake at Sep 1, 2011 9:12:52 PM]
[Sep 1, 2011 8:51:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

If I had more free time and didn't already have a situation that I loved very much Malawhatever would be a dream to me and it should be a dream to any ambitious pirate. You have a population where a couple charismatic individuals could easily influence 50-60% of the people who play on the ocean. Forget blockades, forget islands, that is power.
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Sep 1, 2011 9:09:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
Lordchicken9

What does TL;DR mean >.<?Damn new abbreviations D;

Anyway, I remember when I was a greenie and spawned on a sub ocean -.- worse time ever I somehow made like 10k though but the guy I knew in real life was never on cause he was on a diff ocean and I didnt realise that till I went to his house xD couldnt really do crap on that sub ocean since I dont pay for this game so I got bored fast and left till my friend told me to get on Hunter.Sub ocean is kinda like Mala in this case but I gotta say might as well let some greenies go on Mala to give the people there hope ,only reason I would go against giving Mala greenies is because I'm hoping Hunter wont die and we cant get more greenies xD If I played on mala for a bunch of years I wouldnt wanna have a dead ocean.

There should be a better way of spawning though. Like letting the greenies decide which ocean they want and giving a description of the ocean that they choose what fits their liking.
Chickenlord on Emerald

Helen Keller once said: The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart.
How would she know XD?

Captinary did the avatar :o with my recommandations on the
[Sep 1, 2011 9:26:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

I'm imagining with maybe the exception of Viridian (which is generally pretty full at all times) the greenies are getting divided between the green oceans pretty evenly.
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Sep 1, 2011 9:49:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
Amburwashere

And, really, if some random pirate called MoveToViri wandered up to me and dock-pressed me about switching oceans I would think (1) "wow what a nub" and (2) it would put a bad taste in my mouth and discourage me from continuing to play YPP.

I didn't dock press anyone. I sent a simple message making them aware that they were spawned onto an island with little players, I didn't harass or hassle anyone, nor did I bother already established players, so in that case I wouldn't have said anything to you. The only people who responded to the messages, all thanked me for the heads up, I didn't have a single negative response from a greenie.

There should be a better way of spawning though. Like letting the greenies decide which ocean they want and giving a description of the ocean that they choose what fits their liking.

I agree with this chicky, too bad there isn't some sort of description or at least current number of players online at the log in page, and a bigger button to switch between oceans.

Edit: Also on a side note, Lol this isnt something I do on the daily, this is the first time i've taken up a cause on game enough to actually sit for an hour or so while multi clienting on Viridian and sending tells to greenies on Mala, and it was the first time I was actually signed into game for more than 5 minutes in over a week.
Ambur
Banned on 9-29-11
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Amburwashere at Sep 1, 2011 10:18:29 PM]
[Sep 1, 2011 10:15:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    amburPP@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

I'm glad to hear that you took time out of your hectic schedule this week to promote sabotage to an ocean that finally had a chance to lift it's head above the water.

[Sep 1, 2011 10:25:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Amburwashere

I'm glad to hear that you took time out of your hectic schedule this week to promote sabotage to an ocean that finally had a chance to lift it's head above the water.

LMAO. Promote sabotage my ass, and on an ocean that actually has a chance? I doubt even 10 people actually switched to Viridian if that..oh but wait..that's actually enough to completely sabotage your pitiful ocean, oopsies.

There is no hope for Malachite, get over it. Dragging down new players with your barnacle ocean isn't going to do anything positive.
Ambur
Banned on 9-29-11
[Sep 1, 2011 11:12:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    amburPP@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

LMAO. Promote sabotage my ass, and on an ocean that actually has a chance? I doubt even 10 people actually switched to Viridian if that..oh but wait..that's actually enough to completely sabotage your pitiful ocean, oopsies.

Then why did you bother? I hope this isn't your version of a CBS cares message.

There is no hope for Malachite, get over it. Dragging down new players with your barnacle ocean isn't going to do anything positive.

Obviously there's hope to bring them to being considerate players. Mala has an online pop of 200 the past two days. That's more than enough to be considered hope. Now stop being a prick, kk? <3

[Sep 1, 2011 11:15:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Katebarloww

I know this I'm pulling out an older post, but I have massive issues with this:
Ambur wrote: 
I don't need to welcome the new greenies to Viridian, because we actually have enough regular players to already be doing that.

What happens then, if everybody feels this way? If everyone thinks someone else is taking care of an issue, then essentially nobody will do anything about it, because "oh, someone else will do it."

Also, so you'll go absolutely out of your way to inform new players that they shouldn't be playing the "wrong" ocean, thus already giving them a bad vibe about the game, but you won't even take a few minutes to welcome a new player who's on the "right" ocean (which you're already on, no extra effort needed, no extra clients open), thus potentially encouraging them enough to want to stay on your ocean?

Edit cause I finished reading:
Ambur wrote: 

Full game experience right away? Not eveeeeeen possible. And besides that, these new players are gamers. Let them learn the puzzles first. We need more hardworking jobbers, not more poker players or COs. Then, if they find they like it, let them discover the other things on their own, or with a more experienced player's guidance. And I'm pretty sure Malachite has a higher ratio of people who know what they're talking about more than any other dub ocean. And I don't even play on Mala.
Not / Maliya. Mostly Emerald.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Katebarloww at Sep 1, 2011 11:45:07 PM]
[Sep 1, 2011 11:27:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Amburwashere

I know this I'm pulling out an older post, but I have massive issues with this:
Ambur wrote: 
I don't need to welcome the new greenies to Viridian, because we actually have enough regular players to already be doing that.

What happens then, if everybody feels this way? If everyone thinks someone else is taking care of an issue, then essentially nobody will do anything about it, because "oh, someone else will do it."

Also, so you'll go absolutely out of your way to inform new players that they shouldn't be playing the "wrong" ocean, thus already giving them a bad vibe about the game, but you won't even take a few minutes to welcome a new player who's on the "right" ocean (which you're already on, no extra effort needed, no extra clients open), thus potentially encouraging them enough to want to stay on your ocean?

Actually I constantly welcome greenies onto Viridian whenever I happen to see them. I wasn't seeing very many on Viridian today, but when i logged onto Mala, there were greenies pouring out of the docks. That was what got me started on this whole crazy thing. Even if no one feels like welcoming the greenies on Viridian, at least we can provide basic events at almost any time for them. Mala is far from being able to say that.

And Bunnyspawn I really have nothing more to say to you other than that you're a waste of space on this thread, you contribute nothing nor make decent points, and I must say you wear your signature well buddy.
Ambur
Banned on 9-29-11
[Sep 1, 2011 11:36:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    amburPP@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

That's funny. I could say the exact same thing about this thread.

But actually, I'd say I've contributed more to this thread than you have. At least, you know, I haven't messed up my facts, or given a bad vibe off about the game. Just you, because you acted like a child who needs to be put in the corner.

Edit: Basic events? You mean like pillaging, and atlantis? You must have missed where I already stated that we have that. Gosh, your comprehension is just teh craps :( And perhaps the reason that you saw greenies pouring off the docks is because Malachite only has two green spawning islands You would have known this if you'd bothered to take the time and look it up, instead of whining about even greenie numbers across oceans. (Oh wait, just Malachite. Because you didn't check. Silly you.)

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Demonboyred at Sep 1, 2011 11:47:25 PM]
[Sep 1, 2011 11:44:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tilinka

TL;DR = Too long, didn't read (or some variation upon that)

Malachite's probably the closest we have right now to that "brand spanking new" ocean vibe. I personally found that to be a great situation to learn to play.

IMHO, positive and proactive is going to have a better end result than negative and proactive (no matter how good the intentions).

Metaphorically: going to, say Bangor, ME and telling people they should move to Boston, MA because you have a bigger population and more sports teams is probably going to result in more confusion, indifference, and annoyance than individuals rushing to move.
Tilinka, Emerald
Perilous Puppet
Artsy Stuff
[Edit 1 times, last edit by tilinka at Sep 1, 2011 11:56:01 PM]
[Sep 1, 2011 11:53:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.perilouspuppets.com    Tilinka    3569427 [Link]  Go to top 
bronzebeard

How did most of you learn the game? Wasn't it from that old probably now retired friend, who held your hand and gave you tips all the time?

When I started, most other mates didn't know what was going on either. People still seemed to have fun. Perhaps even more fun, in that they worked things out together.

Telling people to go to this or that ocean is just a way of trying to get more bodies onto ships so that the older people get to bnav more.
Peglegpaul
Now on Obsidian!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by bronzebeard at Sep 2, 2011 12:36:46 AM]
[Sep 2, 2011 12:34:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
np90

I don't think that number of greenies should outnumber the number of regular players. If someone warned me when i was first spawned on Hunter, i would of thanked them. There is not enough greeters to answer greenie questions when there are 40 regular players online and a 100 greenies.
And i don't see how this is ''sabotage'' when she was just trying to put new players to the right path. I think that ocean should be closed or merged into another one. These new players will realise that there are much more populated oceans than Mala and it will just be a waste of time.

Anivi on all dub oceans.
[Sep 2, 2011 12:45:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pomfret

And this is the reason why I cannot stand Viridian. Sage, Hunter and Malachite are waaaay more fun.
Pomfret of Midnight Cerulean and Most Oceans
Except when I am Scroogie or somebody else

Stupid merger made me change my signature...
[Sep 2, 2011 1:53:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randy_chimp

I think that Malachite is a great ocean and has great people on it. Unfortunately those great people are in small numbers and they simply can't handle this greenie influx. I don't agree with players trying to intervene, this is OOO's decision and we can raise issues but in the end it's their choice. I think that greenie spawns should be relative to the greeter population on each ocean, I have been on Malachite and done greeter pillages and quite simply there wasn't enough space on the boat which indicates to me that the greenie to greeter ratio is very poor there.
Dachimpy.com (video tutorials website)
Blockade Simulator
[Edit 1 times, last edit by randy_chimp at Sep 2, 2011 3:00:00 AM]
[Sep 2, 2011 2:59:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
antonkraft

I don't think that number of greenies should outnumber the number of regular players. If someone warned me when i was first spawned on Hunter, i would of thanked them. There is not enough greeters to answer greenie questions when there are 40 regular players online and a 100 greenies.
And i don't see how this is ''sabotage'' when she was just trying to put new players to the right path. I think that ocean should be closed or merged into another one. These new players will realise that there are much more populated oceans than Mala and it will just be a waste of time.

When hunter was first opened I remeber being the only greeter online with 300+ greenies was it hectic? oh yes but I still manged.
Yaruto
Antix tells you, "For some strange reason i picture you as this widom-like old man who reads dictionary's by an open fire as a hobby."
Nooblar tells ye, "But, i had fun eventhough you're sweedish and confusing <3"
[Sep 2, 2011 3:35:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jazzmania

I very well remember my early days and as a slow learner it took me a couple of months to learn there were more oceans. As long as there is some constant game-play going on, I guess you can learn the basic-puzzling on any ocean. I guess everyone has her/his own tempo of learning the puzzles and the other aspects of the game. It would surprise me if learning about other oceans would not be fitting in that tempo.
A couple of months ago I had the feeling my home-ocean was not a fun place to be anymore. However I noticed more people feeling that way and they moved, if no going dormant. For me that was a sign something would change on the ocean and that made me stay. Untill now I am happy with that and the new greenies add some joy.
So, on topic now, although I see the reasoning of Ambur in a broader perspective I think what she did is disrespectful to those people who are having their fun playing this wonderfull game in the way and at the ocean they want to. Thereby I think it is unfair to confront people trying to find out about this new game for them, with things they can in no way understand. Also if the reasoning was to help them from 'not waisting time on a dying ocean' (not my opinion, I dont know Mala, just trying to catch the essence) and acting from a perspective to help the game, it at the least seems biased to just mention Viridian and not the other larger oceans.
Viktorius on Emerald

Its the cadefun, not the island
[Sep 2, 2011 4:57:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Abandonment

For what it's worth, Steam players tend to be 'gamers'. The way I'm using this word is that they're not mature teenagers/young adults looking to socialise and puzzle quietly to themselves. I'd reliably guess a lot of them would be much more in their element in PvP puzzles, from what I've seen of Malachite over the last year when I've logged on, it has basically no chance of retaining these 'gamers' and in my eyes is a waste.

Unfortunately, as has been previously mentioned, some oceans simply don't have enough experienced players to show off the game in it's best light it is entirely wasteful of this opportunity to spawn players on these oceans. I'm curious to see what the player figures are like in a month or two's time for how well each ocean retained their influx of new players.

One imporvement I would like to see that I've never seen having made a new account/pirate is more extensive information on different oceans. Even a small note from the corner guy when clicking the jobbing board;

If the ocean is a little quiet perhaps try logging onto a new ocean via the login screen

Edit: It's nice to see greenies outnumbering greeters for once, even if the majority of greeters are probably incapable of answering the most basic questions. Maybe they just signed off greeter duty because they actually got asked a question by a genuine greenie.
Priapus/Guantanamo
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Abandonment at Sep 2, 2011 5:37:22 AM]
[Sep 2, 2011 5:34:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 185   Pages: 7   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates