• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3409 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
Decency

ImVOX - The Perfect VoIP solution for flags on a tight budget! Reply to this Post

Because I recently discovered it myself, I thought I might use this thread to promote ImVOX, a new-ish VoIP software which has more or less the same features as a Ventrilo Server, but is absolutely free.

The company that created ImVOX is in partnership with Skype, and thus, instead of the sound quality you might be getting on a crowded ventrilo, you can have that same "smooth" sound quality that Skype has, potentially making your Blockading/Chatting/Tarting experience more enjoyable/understandable.

This is how it works.

Like most internet things these days, you must first create an account. Then you can create your own server. You can choose to add a password to this server, and you can also opt to make it public or private. The only difference between public and private is that if it is a private server, you have to type in the exact name of the server you wish to use.

Then (although this is optional), you can choose an image to use for your server, and then people simply only need to type in the name of the server to access it!

However, that's not all. It's currently in it's BETA testing stage, so I imagine that more exciting features will be added in the near future!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Click here for a link to the ImVOX website!

Click here for a direct link to the ImVOX download page!
----------------------------------------
Decency: All over the place

Ions tells ye, "I'm going to have sex with my cat now."

Ions says, "I have always wanted to have sex with a penguin"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Decency at Sep 1, 2011 6:52:26 AM]
[Sep 1, 2011 6:51:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ice_devil

Re: ImVOX - The Perfect VoIP solution for flags on a tight budget! Reply to this Post

If I can't leach off of anyone's vent, I guess I'll just use this. :P
Hellacious/Hellaciouss/Defunct/Hamsterz
Capy tells ye, "I'm sorry... I don't know you well enough yet to allow you cam time!"
Plu tells ye, "screw you..Im interfering in every cade you ever contend&q
[Sep 1, 2011 1:45:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Decency

Re: ImVOX - The Perfect VoIP solution for flags on a tight budget! Reply to this Post

It works surprisingly well.

[Sep 1, 2011 3:33:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Orangemarkee

It says something about a 14 day free trial in a youtube video... and also on the FAQ says that the website may cost money in the future.

Free or no?
Blacknavi, Captain of 'Everlasting Hurricane' and Member of 'Fleet of Dreams' on Sage
[Sep 4, 2011 11:52:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Decency

It says something about a 14 day free trial in a youtube video... and also on the FAQ says that the website may cost money in the future.

Free or no?

I honestly haven't checked youtube, but for now, I'm more inclined to believe what the main website says >.>

EDIT: Here's a link the the ImVox Frequently Asked Questions page. Proof that it's free. http://imvox.com/faq/

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Decency at Sep 6, 2011 10:30:42 AM]
[Sep 6, 2011 9:05:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squishat

I've created a server and at first glance it is so much more user-friendly than Vent xD

Nice discovery and hope it remains free ;O
Hellogoodbye says, "Squishat - Pro rock sinker."
on Emerald

===
[Sep 8, 2011 7:15:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Decency

Thanks! I'm hoping that more people (and hopefully flags) will start incorporating this great new VoIP System into Y!PP, and even other games.

At the moment, it's heavily underestimated, and although it can be a pain to load for some people, every person I've met who I've introduced to it has found it to be a whole lot smoother, and better quality than either Ventrilo or TeamSpeak3, which frankly, have far too many gizmos.

I haven't been able to find a single thing wrong with it yet!

[Sep 11, 2011 6:44:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Publandlord

There's no client for Linux.

(My flag uses Mumble, which has clients for Windows, Mac and Linux; we have people in the flag using all of those.)
Anaplian, Shadow Riders, Midnight Ocean
[Sep 11, 2011 10:14:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Decency

There's no client for Linux.

(My flag uses Mumble, which has clients for Windows, Mac and Linux; we have people in the flag using all of those.)

Thanks! That sounds interesting, I'll have a look into that.

[Sep 17, 2011 8:32:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ice_devil

Ions doesn't do drugs, hes too young.
Hellacious/Hellaciouss/Defunct/Hamsterz
Capy tells ye, "I'm sorry... I don't know you well enough yet to allow you cam time!"
Plu tells ye, "screw you..Im interfering in every cade you ever contend&q
[Sep 24, 2011 10:47:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Decency

Bollocks. Take elsewhere, make decent thread remain decent.

[Sep 26, 2011 1:31:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates