• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 335
Posts: 335   Pages: 12   [ First Page | Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 128786 times and has 334 replies Next Thread
Khalodaa

Re: Metropolis Contest and Island Editor solutions (aka "missing getdown.txt" error) Reply to this Post

i downloaded it and installed it but it gives me a white screen and nothing (Windows user)
----------------------------------------
I AM THE PRESIDENT
[May 22, 2012 2:16:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
emerson

Re: Metropolis Contest and Island Editor solutions (aka "missing getdown.txt" error) Reply to this Post

How long did you wait?
Cleaver shouts, "I lub this island."
Personally I think that TITS are a technique if they are used less than once every three moves. Any more than that, and you're just waving your exploits in their faces. - Flamer
[May 24, 2012 6:25:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Marleen191

maybe the yohoho tools does not run on the latest update of java. Nsure but it dont work for me. still got a white box with no text. There is java icon in the top left corner so i think its something to do with java. I waited more then 1 hour and nothing happend.
Marleen
Senior Officer of the crew Cursed Marauders
Princess of the flag The Explorers Guild
Emerald Ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Marleen191 at Jun 7, 2012 12:21:56 AM]
[Jun 7, 2012 12:19:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

I have recommended to everyone who has Java SE 7 to "upgrade" to SE 6 for the time being. To my knowledge, Three Rings has not vetted or tested their software with SE 7 and some people have reported client glitches while running with the new software. SE 6 is solid code and guaranteed to work with the client and Yohoho Tools. If you have errors or issues running it under SE 6, it may be a configuration error of some kind, or an operating system error. What OS are you running?

Also please note that Java is designed to coexist with many different versions installed at the same time. The best way to be sure which one will run your code is to uninstall all but the preferred version. This is also good advice because old versions of Java have known security flaws and can be easily compromised over the network.

Link to download Java SE 6
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Edit 1 times, last edit by LJAmethyst at Jun 8, 2012 2:29:17 PM]
[Jun 8, 2012 2:28:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Marleen191

Hey,

I removed java and get an update of 6.19 or something. It works now.
Marleen
Senior Officer of the crew Cursed Marauders
Princess of the flag The Explorers Guild
Emerald Ocean
[Jun 11, 2012 10:55:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 335   Pages: 12   [ First Page | Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates