• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 14
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8120 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
Rick9109

Crimson Tide 8 Year Anniversary

Hey there, I'm sorry to post this so close to when the event is starting, but several complications made that an unfortunate reality.

The grand prize of this event will be a rare Demeter Doll! This will be determined by a drinking-board drawing (ala Robertdonald, exact details at the end). Entries into this drawing will be won through various events

Please note due some of the mini-prizes (like trinkets) along the way are subject to change based on availability. Also we reseve the right to disqualify anyone being a jerk and or rule-edging to anyone during the event or to anyone organizing the event.

Here are the exact ways to enter this contest:
Win one of the many tournaments, the first of which is on 8/22/11 (exact day and time in a following post):

Be the winning navigator in the Rome Dunking contest (Friday 26th at 5:00 PM, details in a following post).

Win a Crimson Tideament Tournament on Sunday the 28th starting at roughly 6:30.

The drawing will take place immediately after the Tideaments event. You do not have to be present to win.

For those that don't know, a "Drinking Drawing" is a drawing in which the entrants are assigned a drinking piece. The first to have their piece come up is considered the winner. Due to the rules of modern drinking, the default three pieces that show up creating of the drinking game do not count (so if your piece is there you just had some really bad luck). Pieces will continued to be played until all the prizes are accounted for.

The Exact Prizes for these drawings are:
Grand Prize: Demeter Doll, Black Cat, 20 Rogue Marks, Banana Chroma
Runner Up: 10 Rogue's Marks, Grand Frig "Unique Flounder,"
----------------------------------------
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Rick9109 at Aug 18, 2011 5:31:50 PM]
[Aug 18, 2011 5:04:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

Tournament Times & Prizes

Due to limitations of the OMs auto tournment software, you will have to exchange a "War Frig Token" for your War Frig after winning the tournament. You can claim a frig by being the winner of a token and posting here, or tracking Rome down in game and requesting a particular ship at that time (and exchanging your winning token for it). Ships will be given out first come, first serve.

Also please note the exact nature of these tournaments (ie which sword or mug is used) is subject to change at the whim of the OMs.

Tournament 1 Monday 9:00 AM Pirate Time - Rumble (bones? Glasses)
Indigo Chroma, Sea Green Chroma
War Frig Token
Prize Entry (Blue Wine Bottle)

Tournament 2 Monday 6:00 PM Pirate Time - Boxing?
Indigo Chroma, Atlantean Chroma
War Frig (or replacement token)
Prize Entry (green jug)

Tournament 3 Tuesday 12:00 PM Pirate Time - Treasure Drop
Indigo Chroma, Sea Green Chroma
Prize Entry (green Martini Glass cup)

Tournament 4 Wednesday 3:00 PM Pirate Time - Drinking (any fun [non-stein] config)
Indigo Chroma, Wine Chroma
Prize Entry (Yellow Goblet)

Tournament 5 Thursday 4:00 AM Pirate Time - Skulldaggers
Indigo Chroma, Ice BLue Chroma
Prize Entry (Red Wine Bottle)

Tournament 6 Thursday 7:00 PM Pirate Time - Sticks
Indigo Chroma, Sea Green
Prize Entry (Orange Martini glass)

Tournament 7 Friday 10 9:30 PM Pirate Time - Drinking (something grueling)
Indigo Chroma, Plum Chroma
Prize Entry (Blue Jug)

These are the frigs we have available to be won:
'Clueless Barbel'Claimed!,
'Boring Piranha',
'Classy Chub',
'Complicated Angler',
'Conservative Barbel',
Disgusting Angler',
'Harsh Sunfish',
'Idealistic Flounder',Claimed!
'Industrious Mullet',
'Light Herring',
Passionate Anchovy',
'Petty Grunion',
'Short Sild',
'Sluggish Tuna',
'Small Piranha
Rome
[Edit 6 times, last edit by Rick9109 at Aug 25, 2011 7:28:57 PM]
[Aug 18, 2011 5:11:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

Rome Dunking

Rome Dunking
Friday 5:00 PM Pirate Time

Taking place in the first round of an event blockade, the navigator who manages to sink my ship (which is driven by me and four or five of my friends) with whatever crew he can fit on a sloop will be given an entry into this drawing, and money to share between the crew who helped him/her.

One point will be awarded for each sink of my ship, the person with the most points at the end wins. The caveat is though the Navigator will have to survive to the end, because if someone else sinks the navigator, the navigator's points will be reset to zero (the entrant is free to take another ship into the fray, but with their score being zero).

If there is a tie at the end of the blockade round, then during the next blockade round, the tied participants will sail against each other in a last-ship-surviving duel.

Of course the standard Crimson Tide "we can't stop people from interfering" disclaimer applies.

Prizes are (which, other than the grand-prize entry, should really be divided amongst your ship unless you're a big giant jerk) :
40k to first place ship, Prize Entry to navigator (Green Wine Bottle)
10K to second place ship
5 K to third place ship

Registration
The easiest way to register is of course to post here, but I or any CT Royal will accept in person reservations any time from Friday at 3:00 PM Pirate Time until 5:00 minutes after the event starts.
Rome
[Edit 6 times, last edit by Rick9109 at Aug 18, 2011 5:47:22 PM]
[Aug 18, 2011 5:16:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

Mega Tideaments

Mega Tideaments
6:30 Sunday the 28th, Master of Ceremonies: Confess
This will be a regular Crimson Tideament Event held at the Salty Dog Inn on Alpha. This is where the "small prizes are subject to change" disclaimer comes most into play, but the big prizes should remain the same and are as follow):

Drinking 20K
War Frig
Prize Entry (Red Goblet)
Runner ups: Trinkets

Swords 20K
War Frig
Prize Entry (Orange Jug)
Runner Ups: Trinkets

Rumble 20K
War Frig
Prize Entry (Blue Martini Glass)
Runner Up Trinkets

TD
War Frig
Prize Entry (Orange Wine Bottle)
Runner up: Trinkets

Please note that the name of the frigs given away, along with the order the tournaments are held, will be at the discretion of the Tideaments Master of Ceremony, Confess.
Rome
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Rick9109 at Aug 18, 2011 5:31:03 PM]
[Aug 18, 2011 5:22:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
Immaboss

Re: Mega Tideaments

Are the "mega tideaments" tournaments starting at 630 GT am or pm?
Immastar on Meridian and Cerulean
[Aug 19, 2011 12:11:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

Are the "mega tideaments" tournaments starting at 630 GT am or pm?

6:30 PM game time. :)
Princess of Versus Terminus
Wikipedia Administrator
[Aug 19, 2011 11:46:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

This post will be to keep track of the winners as I become aware of them:
Eyedea: Green Martini
Sevenonefour: Orange Martini

Romedunking: Zingman Green Wine Bottle
Rome
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Rick9109 at Aug 26, 2011 5:38:08 PM]
[Aug 24, 2011 6:52:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

Well it looks like Zignman is the only person to shoot me a tell about playing today so he's going to have a pretty easy road to the prize unless somone logs on and registers quick q=
Rome
[Aug 26, 2011 5:05:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

I hate to pass up a wet t-shirt contest for the boys, but some of us are still at work (though apparently procrastinating a bit...).
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Aug 26, 2011 5:33:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

The tideament tournaments are staring in roughly 15 minutes in Salty Dog and I just wanted to add if you are planning on attending we do ask that people turn watching on for the event tournaments since it is a social deal.
Rome
[Aug 28, 2011 6:14:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

And the Winner IS!!!

Green Jug. Monday 6:00 PM Winner. Who is that? D on't know. They didn't claim their prize.

First runner up isssssss
Second Place Winner Is
Friday 9:30 PM Winner.

Sigh.

Ok I haven't checked this with Apollo yet, but if those people don't come forward to collect their prizes in a couple weeks, the next runner up is
Scrach

and after that
Sevenonefour
Zingman
Rome
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Rick9109 at Aug 28, 2011 8:45:54 PM]
[Aug 28, 2011 8:44:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

Mithrander came forward today and claimed first runner up prize (he was the friday winner)
Rome
[Aug 30, 2011 7:14:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

Werddog collected his frig today, so only the mystery Grand Prize winner remains anonymous.
Rome
[Sep 4, 2011 6:38:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

Dear "Monday 6:00 PM" Winner. You are hereby notified that from this point forward you have until 11:59 PM (pirate time) on 9/19 to post here or talk to me in game to claim your prize. Otherwise you will be disqualified and the next person in line (Mithrander) becomes the grand prize winner, and then Scrach will become the First Runner up.

-Rome.

PS:
If Mirthander wants to pass on his prize for some reason than Scrach will get the grand prize (just putting this here for fair notice to everyone so all is above board.).
Rome
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Rick9109 at Sep 13, 2011 7:13:56 PM]
[Sep 13, 2011 7:13:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates