• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 16
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2777 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
fifasmells

Legacy and Knockout

As some may remember (Maybe whiterose remembers flar and others) I was constantly telling RM about giving out a few islands. At the time Rm was the flag with the most Islands held right now legacy is the new Riddlemaker (islandholdingspeaking) With 6 Islands and aiming to win a 7th tomorrow (Aug/13/2011)

That said, Dear legacy , Qvintus Avienda And Other Royals. Is there a possibility that in the next few weeks we can see Legacy Letting go of a few of those To give other flags a bigger chart when aiming for island blockading.
Yeah yeah we all know they can ask for a friendly blockade and whatnot but some would rather fight Flag A vs Flag B instead of Going aganist flag L.Plus it would give other non-island holding flags a chance to compete aganist each other.

So Legacy would you be up for the challenge to throw 3/6 of you current islands to Unclaimed land and give other the chance to compete aganist a diferent competitor and/or have a bigger Blockade island option.

Would Knockout (wich is aiming for a 4th also) Would atleast throw one of those islands (if won a 4th)

I believe a flag shouldnt be able to hold more than 3 islands at once (4 the most) Because it in someway might limit the options of other players when they go out to pick some targets.

I would of Name DLAM here But they are already doing their thing giving some excess islands.

Will wait for a reply.

PS: Please if agreed , Lets not be cheap with only giving OP's into the mix.
----------------------------------------
What A R.......R....Real bad joke. BTW Rose already paid her chocodebt

Now on Facebook!
[Aug 13, 2011 1:36:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

Re: Legacy and Knockout

No
Recruiting a 'Nagflar' character to hold my camel.
# Team Bacon Strips # SwagSauce # YOTO.
[Aug 13, 2011 1:41:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

Man ... Is this the request a pirate? I know for a fact, that cookie-selling girl-scouts are a lot tougher than this "begging for hand-outs."

Lets please keep the "social welfare programs" where they belong ... piratey they are certainly not.

EDIT: Spelling and sniped by someone who said the same with just two letters, yarrrrrghhhhh.
Sverdrup, CPTN of Schroedinger's Cat, Heisenberg's Uncertainty, Meridian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sverdrup at Aug 13, 2011 1:48:22 PM]
[Aug 13, 2011 1:45:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

lol if I went through such a massive amount of trouble to get islands I would cling onto them like a fat kid to cake.
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Aug 13, 2011 1:54:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ameranth

A few weeks ago a rather new pirate in Upper Class happened across Avienda on the Kirin docks. She was looking at Avi's stats, and sent her a tell saying 'wow! youve got 2 islands!'. This was shortly followed with 'can i have one?'.

Now I spend a lot of time in the inn, and wander by the docks pretty frequently, so I'm used to random dockpresses and begging tells, but this was a first. I'd never seen someone ask for an island before. While we discussed her in crew chat, I was praising her for sheer ambition. After all if you're going to beg, beg big.

Naturally I immediately proposed a vote to make her governor of Viridis, but sadly I was voted down.

So you see, if you want a Legacy island, all you have to do is ask really, really nicely. :)

For the humor impaired, do NOT start sending us tells asking for an island, you won't get one.
Ameranth of Viridian Meridian
Senior Officer of Nightmare, Prince of Legacy
[Aug 13, 2011 3:32:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

Viridian is historically pretty static, so island giveaways generally have been the best method to promoting new flags to break through the glass ceiling. That said, an island giveaway is only temporarily effective. Viridian needs a change in paradigm, not change in island owners.
[Aug 13, 2011 4:04:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
catscanner

Yeah- the Viridian Cade scene has always been pretty dismal. I mean the oceans basically always one/two powerful flags have held the islands, until they get multidropped, and the islands not owned by the main conglomerate are like IC and other powerful flags
[Aug 13, 2011 4:19:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

I imagine half would be flag sits anyways.
Captainrich
[Aug 13, 2011 4:54:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shipsitter1

I would like to point out that Legacy has given islands away before. They Gave Polaris, Garden Cradle, and Surtsey away and did not re-attack Hadrian when it was taken.
Do i really need one?

~~~Shipsit~~~
[Aug 13, 2011 5:28:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Crappy islands no one wants anyways? :S
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Aug 13, 2011 7:49:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
M_Cobain

So because outpost blockades are apparantly reason enough to spend over 10mil, the flags paying for it now also have to give away the islands because everyone turned into obese children waiting for their spaghetti to be delivered to their lap?
Martobain

YPPedia improved with Tom Cruise the Elephant (who's my friend and buddy) catalogue!
[Aug 14, 2011 6:25:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chillii

i prfer spagheti delver obese chidren to my lap
Chillii.
[Aug 14, 2011 7:26:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fishn_rox

I stand by my opinion that if you put the time and money into winning an island, you own it; and if others want it, have fun in the battle.
Cheers, Plano.

Ye told Hera, "Since you have such GREAT taste... do you think you could fix our beloved Lima Inn? :P"
Hera tells ye, "I'm not brave enough for that!"

Apollo tells ye, "Can I be your butler?"
[Aug 14, 2011 7:45:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Elliptic

Attack Legacy and Knockout like they attacked Post Mortem and RiddleMakers.
"That is not how the question frames itself."

Wend, royal archophobe
[Aug 14, 2011 8:40:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

Attack Legacy and Knockout like they attacked Post Mortem and RiddleMakers.

Feel free
Disengaged.

Dexade tells ye, "i m not talking to you and dont want your cookies!"
[Aug 14, 2011 9:16:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
am1991

A few weeks ago a rather new pirate in Upper Class happened across Avienda on the Kirin docks. She was looking at Avi's stats, and sent her a tell saying 'wow! youve got 2 islands!'. This was shortly followed with 'can i have one?'.

Now I spend a lot of time in the inn, and wander by the docks pretty frequently, so I'm used to random dockpresses and begging tells, but this was a first. I'd never seen someone ask for an island before. While we discussed her in crew chat, I was praising her for sheer ambition. After all if you're going to beg, beg big.

Naturally I immediately proposed a vote to make her governor of Viridis, but sadly I was voted down.

So you see, if you want a Legacy island, all you have to do is ask really, really nicely. :)

For the humor impaired, do NOT start sending us tells asking for an island, you won't get one.

+1
~Tigerscar Of Viridian~
Captain of the Crew "Uprising"
Founder/King of the Flag "Notorious"

[Aug 14, 2011 11:54:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates