• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 181
Posts: 181   Pages: 7   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 19153 times and has 180 replies Next Thread
Randomite

Re: Legacy's intent to scare Razor's Edge into scuttling Spectre

Why would I not think you were saying Dahl's post was sarcastic?

Because it had a blatantly obvious sarcastic comment above it.

Bored now.
----------------------------------------
Disengaged.

Dexade tells ye, "i m not talking to you and dont want your cookies!"
[Aug 12, 2011 4:04:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

Legacy already won its fame.

Only to its own flag members, basically.

If you truly felt this was the case you wouldn't find the need to throw a bitch-fit every time Legacy does something. Seriously, this was just an intent and y'all are working yourselves into an unprecedented nerd rage. Calm yourselves children.

socially inept and perpetually butthurt goons

Funny you should say that, because I've yet to see a post from you that isn't whining.
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Aug 12, 2011 4:13:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

Legacy already won its fame.

Only to its own flag members, basically.

If you truly felt this was the case you wouldn't find the need to throw a bitch-fit every time Legacy does something. Seriously, this was just an intent and y'all are working yourselves into an unprecedented nerd rage. Calm yourselves children.

socially inept and perpetually butthurt goons

Funny you should say that, because I've yet to see a post from you that isn't whining.

You cut out the part of my post that explained why Legacy threads are met with counterposts. Having people post points countering your flag isn't indicative of "fame". Additionally, pointing out a flag's hypocrisy isn't considered whining either (unless your flag is the one being called hypocritical). Sure, the strict definition of "whine" is to "complain or criticize"; however, the connotation of the word doesn't match the posts against Legacy's actions that I (and others) have made. You'd be hard pressed to find someone who would consider reasonable and supported arguments to be "whining".
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Chiptharip at Aug 12, 2011 4:48:02 PM]
[Aug 12, 2011 4:45:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

You'd be hard pressed to find someone not in Legacy who would consider reasonable and supported arguments to be "whining".
Fixed.
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[Aug 12, 2011 4:49:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

God damn Chip, you better listen to the man and spam some "good luck" in some intent threads.

We are on the forums to critisize, to discuss. When people start looking at people's opinions as "whining" then they're not receptable for learning new things. Chip here, is a legend. To him, and to me, it's very frustrating to see a bunch of kids that play the blockading game like a bunch of scrubs and then acting like legends in their own minds and spewing their arrogance over the forums.

Go ahead Elfeesh, make a sarcastic remark even though we both know you're never going to get anywhere in the blockading game if you take the easy way out like Legacy tends to do. Go ahead Avienda, write me a novel patronizing me and those who share my opinion with your way of seeing it, why it was legit. At the end of the day, I'm where I'm at because of the people who helped me, and I'd hate to see potential blockading talent being wasted because of sickly values and poor judgement.

You don't have to condemn yourselves as outcasts. You don't have to piss off everyone on the ocean before you realize your mistakes. You can change this weekend, play it properly. Every weekend, no matter what, no excuses, no jack moves. It's never too late to change. Or you can carry on and find out the hard way like I did.
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Edit 1 times, last edit by warp11 at Aug 12, 2011 5:00:19 PM]
[Aug 12, 2011 4:59:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

All of these posts, whether for or against Legacy have been said several times, bringing the same point up, over every Legacy intent is feeble. There was nothing wrong with this intent, perhaps the word 'scare', but seriously VP, grow up.

I have never agreed with everything Legacy have done, I have said before that I wish we did the cade against shadowy more 'admirably'. However they have done numerous events that have been beneficial to the ocean, over which, the same collection of people have picked holes. It seems people are all to quick to criticise instead of to credit.

Edit: I wasn't going to join the shit-slinging contest which has already erupted, but I do find the fact that dahlgren is telling people not to 'spew arrogance over the forums' laughable. Hypocrisy from both side's is a terrible thing.

Fully expecting the 'haze you have done nothing in the blockade game, I, on the other hand, am a rockstar naver, which means you are not entitiled to an opinion. response.
Recruiting a 'Nagflar' character to hold my camel.
# Team Bacon Strips # SwagSauce # YOTO.
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Whitehazed at Aug 12, 2011 5:19:15 PM]
[Aug 12, 2011 5:12:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Narcissag

"Go back to jade you taco-munchers."

Hmm...

Stop sending me to jade...is bored there ;(

And yes, i have been tons of times in vessel where Dalh send us back...

Why Dalh do that i dont know..but is not fun ;(

Edit1=typo T_T

Narci

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Narcissag at Aug 12, 2011 5:42:32 PM]
[Aug 12, 2011 5:41:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

God damn Chip, you better listen to the man and spam some "good luck" in some intent threads.

We are on the forums to critisize, to discuss. When people start looking at people's opinions as "whining" then they're not receptable for learning new things. Chip here, is a legend. To him, and to me, it's very frustrating to see a bunch of kids that play the blockading game like a bunch of scrubs and then acting like legends in their own minds and spewing their arrogance over the forums.

Go ahead Elfeesh, make a sarcastic remark even though we both know you're never going to get anywhere in the blockading game if you take the easy way out like Legacy tends to do. Go ahead Avienda, write me a novel patronizing me and those who share my opinion with your way of seeing it, why it was legit. At the end of the day, I'm where I'm at because of the people who helped me, and I'd hate to see potential blockading talent being wasted because of sickly values and poor judgement.

You don't have to condemn yourselves as outcasts. You don't have to piss off everyone on the ocean before you realize your mistakes. You can change this weekend, play it properly. Every weekend, no matter what, no excuses, no jack moves. It's never too late to change. Or you can carry on and find out the hard way like I did.

You know what? I deserved that. It's always easier to type out a semi-witty one liner and dumb down the whole thread than it is to type out three paragraphs of well-reasoned argument.

To start, yes, we are all here to criticize, credit and discuss the goings-on in game. What I meant by my last post aimed at Chip was essentially that I've yet to see anything other than the criticisms part yet. Yes, criticize things where it is due, but at the same time you should recognize when things are done 'right', or when there is some decent reasoning behind actions. Let's see something of the other side of the record eh? Yes, perhaps Legacy did go a bit overboard against Shadowy and Fast Forward at Viridis, but it's not like every blockade they do is like that, is it? You can't deny the Dendrite blockade pond was at least an attempt at helping smaller flags get some blockade experience without being beaten into dust.

I've also seen Legacy help out flags first hand. In my own failed attempt at entering the cade scene through creating my own flag, Avienda helped out a lot by offering advice to me. A good example that Legacy aren't intent on going all out to win is the most recent blockade at Viridis. They put me and Whitehaze in top rotation for christ's sake, no flag that was determined to win would put relatively unblooded navvers in top rotation.

When you can come to acknowledge that Legacy isn't all bad maybe I will try to offer you more in-depth discussions about what happens on the blockade scene, but until you are able to shake off your determined stance to bad-mouth Legacy at every opportunity, I, and I'm sure many other people, will continue to take your posts with a large pinch of salt.

PS. I don't know how you can say people spew their arrogance over the forums when your Signature is 'The biggest punk on Hunter Ocean', and when I have seen you call yourself a 'rockstar navver'.
Elfeesh

[Aug 12, 2011 5:50:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

I don't think I've ever considered myself a "rockstar". I may have mentioned something silly like that sarcastically but everyone that knows me know that deep down I like to keep it humble and rep the people that brought me up in this game.

Yet I digress, this isn't about me. As much as a self-centered woodchuck like myself would like to talk about me all day, I'm here to talk about you. And what Legacy is to you is irrelevant since you are in Legacy. That just means they take care of their own members and screw everyone else over. You said "It's not like they do it every blockade" but read back. Their record is filthier than my drawers after burrito night man. They've pulled so much nasty woodchuck in their days that it's all a blur to me, and I've participated through some of this until I wanted out back in the fintan triathlon.

The only people that profiteer of this is you, and that's only in the short run. Therefore it's understandable that you as a member can't see the downside of these actions and how in the long run, the people that does it the hard way and loses gains more experience than someone who pulls a jack move just for a victory.

I've probably done 100 blockades by now, I haven't bothered to count. I've won some, I've lost some. I don't mean offense, but I'm pretty sure that you haven't. Losing is part of the game. Losing is what gives people the incentive to change, to restructure, to improve. You did your Viridis funtime nonsinker friendly carebare huggly superfun blockade (holy cow that's a lot of adjectives) and now you're clinging on to it for political leverage like a woodchuck to a log . I'm sorry but to me, your fair-play aspect in blockading is drowning in an ocean of earlier jack moves.

Please forums, don't bring my "arrogance" up in this because it's all fake. If I had to type out a list of people I would consider better than me we'd be here til' monday. The difference between my faked arrogance and Qvintus's "arrogance" is that he lets the butthurt control him and his actions. If someone doesn't let his royal highness know three weeks ahead and let him pick the time, he's going to "crush" you. This reminds me of a certain someone that I've worked against for as long as I've been around too and it's a dangerous way of thinking. The second you want to get rid of opponents is the second you start playing dirty and looking for every advantadge possible. No matter how nice you can play with Team Luxory and friends, the second someone you don't like drop a chest you're going into destruction-mode just like Cairna would back in the day.

Without opponents you can never improve your gameplay, embrace the challenge instead of trying to get rid of threats to your pride and possesions.

Edit: I know it's difficult but the change has to come from the inside not the outside. It's difficult for someone that don't get a lot of spots to stand up and say that they don't expect a certain type of behaviour. Therefore, when the majority is starved on spots people can get away with things that would get shunned with a sturdier line-up. In the end though, me standing up and saying that I wouldn't participate in the grief-fest the Fintan blockades truly were is what I consider one of the proudest moments in my piracy career. Cease the moment to stand up for what you believe in and when you look back, you will be able to be proud of what you've done.

Patrolled by ANGRY Woodchucks
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Nemesis at Aug 13, 2011 12:29:39 PM]
[Aug 12, 2011 6:14:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Narcissag

And my sorry for sending me back to jade :(? i wanna read it Dalh it make me sad >_>!
Narci

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
[Aug 12, 2011 6:20:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

If I may add, to my ridiculously long post. I don't think the valor and honour of a flag is decided in it's good deeds, but the lack of bad deeds. Flags like Coerced Coexistence and RiddleMakers will be remembered for their consistent legitimate gameplay, not sporadic moves of altruism.
[Aug 12, 2011 6:22:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Elliptic

What is "legitimate"?
"That is not how the question frames itself."

Wend, royal archophobe
[Aug 12, 2011 6:28:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shipsitter1

just like Cairna would back in the day.

Question is this about Legacy? Or has there been a topic change to Cairna?
Do i really need one?

~~~Shipsit~~~
[Aug 12, 2011 6:28:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

To dahlgren as a snipe fest insued.

Apart from the blatent lie in the first line, I need to pick up on several things. From what you say both on the forums and in game, you seem far from humble, sure, your a good Bnaver, but that doesn't give you permission to act like an 'self-centered asshole' to the 'scrubs' who don't happen to have earnt the 'rockstar' title. Besides, massive de-rail, rant over. I promise.

Before I and feesh joined Legacy we were in our own flag. There Legacy offered us more help then pretty much the rest of the ocean combined, and they didn't expect anything in return. Now that I am in Legacy I know of multiple flags which legacy have helped, in multiple ways. Your point is void,

Furthermore Legacy is just a banner on my pirate page, if I believe something they pull is jack, I would say so, whether im in the flag or not. It's certainley not irrelevant. I am part of Legacy because I like the people here, whether they blockade or not is irrelevant,

Amazingly I can agree with you're second post,
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Whitehazed at Aug 12, 2011 6:36:35 PM]
[Aug 12, 2011 6:32:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

I have said before that I wish we did the cade against shadowy more 'admirably'.

Furthermore Legacy is just a banner on my pirate page, if I believe something they pull is jack, I would say so, whether im in the flag or not. It's certainley not irrelevant.

Either something is dirty or it isn't. You're really giving mixed vibes in what you're trying to say here which makes a proper reply almost impossible.

Let me put this on the forums for once, even though it's completely unrelated. You thinking I am an arrogant self-centered prick is a figment of your own mindset. You think so highly of yourselves that when I come and claim I'm better, you think I'm claiming to be some sort of fantastic supernatural being. Sorry kids, but this is the honest truth. Put down the razorblades and recognize that being better than you does not mean being amazing.
[Aug 12, 2011 6:40:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

I have said before that I wish we did the cade against shadowy more 'admirably'.

Furthermore Legacy is just a banner on my pirate page, if I believe something they pull is jack, I would say so, whether im in the flag or not. It's certainley not irrelevant.

Either something is dirty or it isn't. You're really giving mixed vibes in what you're trying to say here which makes a proper reply almost impossible.

Let me put this on the forums for once, even though it's completely unrelated. You thinking I am an arrogant self-centered prick is a figment of your own mindset. You think so highly of yourselves that when I come and claim I'm better, you think I'm claiming to be some sort of fantastic supernatural being. Sorry kids, but this is the honest truth. Put down the razorblades and recognize that being better than you does not mean being amazing.

I spoke about viridis at the time, to chip specifically, so no, nothing is dirty. I also spoke to numerous people in Legacy, aswell as numerous people from FF.

I don't think your a 'prick' I do think your exceptionally arrogant, besides, that was a direct quote from your post.

Im not sure I have ever thought so highley of myself, I don't even understand where you have found the foundation for the second half of your post. And no, im not bigging up your blockade prowess because your 'better than me' on the blockade board. All of what I am saying you have said previously on threads,
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Whitehazed at Aug 12, 2011 8:09:15 PM]
[Aug 12, 2011 6:46:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

That post is not directed only to you, but rather everyone who doesn't know me well enough to get that image. With that being said, I'm arguing the bigger picture here. One cade doesn't make or break a blockading flag, sorry.
[Aug 12, 2011 6:51:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

That post is not directed only to you, but rather everyone who doesn't know me well enough to get that image. With that being said, I'm arguing the bigger picture here. One cade doesn't make or break a blockading flag, sorry.

I don't think I ever argued it did.
[Aug 12, 2011 6:55:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chillii

All he did was make a reference to back a while ago moron. Way to pick a fourth of his sentence and say that he is changing the subject.

Edit: You seem to be good at these sort of posts. When you actually can use whatever there might be in your head to make a valid argument or come up with a well thought post, please point me in the direction of the thread it is in k.
Chillii.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Chillii at Aug 12, 2011 7:33:21 PM]
[Aug 12, 2011 7:30:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Alright. So as an arrogant woodchuck unafiliated with any flag forreal, I have something tto say.
First at chip. Ever heard of legacy? A lot? Yeah dude sorry but that's fame. Deal.

Now Saul, chip, whoever. I play to have fun. Not for you to have fun. Sorry, but if ur woodchuck is wet when I go to sleep, I still didn't get laid tonight despite youre cute lil nut.

Right, so then there's another thing. We shhould play how everyone has even tho that kills the game right? What you woodchucks don't get is that sure my flag can do stuff for you, but at the end of the day, my flag is my flag because its my people and their people. Were fam. You don't give a woodchuck about me. So woodchuck what ya heard but alls I care about is me n my people. Oh, ur people suck? Too bad. Ypp is equal opportinity entertainment.

N see, I'm not even in legacy but even I can say ur whining. Know why? Becquse ur wrong. U think the game should cater to your tastes. Unfortunately here right and wrong isn't about truth and lies. It's about who gives a damn what you say and how many people agree wit you vs the competition. Grow some balls kid. Be a man. Face what you don't like. This noob right here did it. N this noob right here learned that even in nerdy games people come from far too many backgrounds to make a set standard. So stop whining bout how it should be. See viridian made the mistake of taking more pages from my book, mainly the bad parts. N not enough from the good side of rm. Which BTW, this Omg legacy is so dirty... Damn dahl. Roots in rm... Man you got balls.

In summary... Check between ur legs. If there's a woodchuck there, stwoodchucku. Do something. Leave the whining to the females. I get enough drama from the Chics. I don't need man periods spread all across my playground.

Woodchucked: You have annoyed the woodchucks sir. Keep the language clean. ~Nemesis
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Nemesis at Aug 13, 2011 12:20:15 PM]
[Aug 12, 2011 7:40:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shipsitter1

All he did was make a reference to back a while ago moron. Way to pick a fourth of his sentence and say that he is changing the subject.

Edit: You seem to be good at these sort of posts. When you actually can use whatever there might be in your head to make a valid argument or come up with a well thought post, please point me in the direction of the thread it is in k.

I am sorry if I don't get the reference and I may not be aware of why he made this reference and this is why i asked how it was a relevant.

Oh and once you actually write something good instead of attacking me for asking about a reference that may have been a topic change (Not sure?) Now I may be annoying but me asking for a clarification is better then you just writing in this forum just to attack something.
Do i really need one?

~~~Shipsit~~~
[Aug 12, 2011 8:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chillii

I may not be aware of why he made this reference

the second someone you don't like drop a chest you're going into destruction-mode just like Cairna would back in the day.

Read? Quite clearly he's saying Cairna did this.

I may be annoying

me asking for a clarification

Do not even act like your post was a serious question.

Oh and once you actually write something good instead of attacking me for asking about a reference that may have been a topic change (Not sure?)

Is this sentence finished?

Is it me, or is Brisky contagious.

Edit:

Do i really need one?

~~~Shipsit~~~

Yes.
Chillii.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Chillii at Aug 12, 2011 8:46:29 PM]
[Aug 12, 2011 8:44:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

I'm still waiting for my answer from Avienda. The rest of this thread is irrelevant and frankly a bunch of people e-peening over the fact that Legacy is terrible at maintaining a good public image. Maybe it's rainbows on the inside, but from the outside it's sometimes as attractive as the Great Mighty Poo.

People have acknowledged Legacy has times of reason and done good things, but the fact that they decide how to treat another flag based solely on the people inside it when their claims are directed at flags in general is contradictory to what they claim to stand for.

The fact that the points made here come up in every Legacy thread proves two things.

One. Numerous people believe there is enough of an issue to talk about it many times.

Two. Legacy is too pathetic to give a good explanation, or can't do so. Truthfully, I feel sorry for the members of the flag for having to deal with the woodchuck their leaders create.

Cheers.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Nemesis at Aug 13, 2011 12:45:39 PM]
[Aug 12, 2011 9:55:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Narcissag

I feel sorry for the members of the flag for having to deal with the woodchuck their leaders create.

There is not any "woodchuck"...We have fun the best way we can, if we enjoy i dont see why it should matters ;)
One people saying "legacy bla bla bla" is not going to do our game less fun, in matter of fact i just read like if was a bug, because at the end of the days its a game and i want fun.

:=)
Narci

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Nemesis at Aug 13, 2011 12:21:35 PM]
[Aug 13, 2011 12:52:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Delinet

Im not sure I have ever thought so highley of myself

You do actually ;)
/Delinet

Senior Officer of Tapout
Lord of Knockout

Xpirate's pimp since est. September 2011
[Aug 13, 2011 2:31:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

I feel sorry for the members of the flag for having to deal with the woodchuck their leaders create.

There is not any "woodchuck"...We have fun the best way we can, if we enjoy i dont see why it should matters ;)
One people saying "legacy bla bla bla" is not going to do our game less fun, in matter of fact i just read like if was a bug, because at the end of the days its a game and i want fun.

Members, not carebear royals.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Nemesis at Aug 13, 2011 12:21:56 PM]
[Aug 13, 2011 4:15:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

I don't feel as though they have caused anywhere near the amount of woodchuck you make it out to be. I'm happy to argue for Avi and Q because I see them as decent people who have helped me, probably more than most people in this game, and I would put money on it that neither you nor Dahlgren would have been willing to offer me as much as Avi and Q have done.

Here's why, for all your prancing and arguments for legitimacy, you don't come across as the sort of people that would be arguing for that sort of thing. I know for a fact that Dahlgren has some sort of personal beef with Q ('Qvintus sucks woodchuck while he's blockading dur hur hur hur hur') so I automatically assume his reasoning is more an attempt to dirty Q's name rather than any personal moral feelings.

Oh and Dahl, RM always being the nice guys? Spare me. You read the forums. Before it was Legacy it was RM, before it was RM it was Vanguard. People always need someone to woodchuck a brick over, and it always seems to be the guys that blockade most at the time.
Elfeesh

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Nemesis at Aug 13, 2011 12:22:38 PM]
[Aug 13, 2011 4:42:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

This post will be much, MUCH more critisising than you normally see from me because, unlike certain others, I respect the right of others to play the game as they see fit, the way that is fun to them. In fact, if you want my respect (not expecting anyone to care, but anyway), you shouldn't expect the game to be played according to Standard 1A and complain in tells and forums when strategies beyond "flood the board with WFs and win your 1v1s" are used, but instead use your brain and counter it with strategies of your own. Makes things so much more interesting in the long run, except maybe for the "rockstar" navers who rarely pay the bills, but like to brag about their wins.

That said, I have my own set of game standards and morals, and it is pretty strict, but it isn't shared with Young Mr Dahlgren and friends. I support the side I like the most, or that needs it the most to help create a balanced ocean and even battles (though of course, sometimes judgement fails, but that is the goal), as long as this side can behave decently civilised, and don't go too far from my game morals. And just like I won't publicly complain about things that our opponents do to us (ever seen a tartfest after a blockade that Legacy lost, except for others violently critizising us for the way we lost?), I will give those I support the freedom to play the game their way and not publicly critizise them for it.

Ok, this will be a novel again, but let's face it, if you're reading forums, it's not like you really had anything important to do with your time, right?

For the last year or so, Legacy has supported RiddleMakers in the majority of their blockades. Have we agreed with everything that RiddleMakers have done? Hardly. But if you trash the flag that you support, then you're not much worth for support. Call it constructive critisism all you want - posting about how horrible your "allies" are, and doing your best to make them look bad, is quite a crap move to make. And due to this difference, members and royals of RM have repeatedly trashed Legacy in forums and tells, while Legacy has stood silent and supported. (Though I guess according to some we shouldn't have, right, because the fact that Legacy sent RM more jobbers than any other flag at Terra makes it a horrible crime that Qvintus naved for Cairna, while I naved for RM - you would have preferred if we jobbed 50/50, right?)

But when I see something like this (by young Mr Dahlgren)

If I may add, to my ridiculously long post. I don't think the valor and honour of a flag is decided in it's good deeds, but the lack of bad deeds. Flags like Coerced Coexistence and RiddleMakers will be remembered for their consistent legitimate gameplay, not sporadic moves of altruism.

I just have to react because for each and every one of your posts, I keep thinking, "you've been with RM for this long, yet you complain about Legacy?".

Let's see.

Making sure that everyone knows that blockades against RM will be sinking and high pay, thus limiting the amount of drops on you to a minimum, because people are scared?

Start pay at 5K against Post Mortem, because "it will go that high anyway"? Yet another way of making sure that people will be too scared to drop on you.

Telling a new flag that asks for a non-sinking, non-paywar blockade (with no illusions of having a chance to win, just for experience) that "No, we don't do non-sinking blockades or risk islands in anything less than a paywar, it's bad for our image."? Yet another way to discourage attacks and on top of that, at a time when RM was part of a SMA that had more experience, more resources and outjobbed in every blockade with the motto "we will do what it takes to win".

Constantly trashtalking the opposition in language that is not suitable for young people, and not worthy of educated people, for example "The only thing Cairna takes like a man is dick" (as a response to Cairna deedswapping a stockrun, instead of letting it get sunk) and "He should eat some dick" "We fed him some" "Then throw it up" "Then eat it again" (after the hunter WB managed to beat the undermanned MG in a nonsinking battle). Classy, guys. Classy.

Taking Hadrian off Sea Change, well knowing that they were broke after taking it from us (after we decided to leave them alone because they fought well for it, and took good care of it), and then basically giving it to Imperial Coalition for free? Yeah, that was really a great move!

Dropping on Brink of Dawn, who had always supported you and relied on you for navers etc, to break an island-holding record? Also really pretty. (Though looking at recent jobbing numbers, BoD forgave you and support you all the same.)

Making Antheas give up their jobber advantage at Harmattan by agreeing to an even blockade, when you knew that your superior navteam combined with attackers advantage would give you the win and then, when it didn't work as planned, use a 3P frig that Antheas never asked for as an excuse to raise pay and win it that way? Also really pretty.

Ganging up on people in the forums and resorting to personal attacks, simply because you don't like them, or they're on the other side? I've seen this many times and I'm not primarily talking about myself here.

These are just a few examples off the top of my head, but there is more for sure. There are reasons why people didn't like you, beyond the obvious simple jealousy. There were reasons why they felt hopeless, and reasons why Cairna so easily could form an SMA with the goal to crush you once and for all.

My apologies to Whiterose, Hunta, Martobain, Madme, Pgoog and anyone else who might feel offended by this. It isn't really directed at you and like I said, I don't really mind that you play the game your way. In the cases where I did mind, I talked to you directly. What I do mind is Dahlgren painting RM out as angels and Legacy as the devil.

Also, to the people who say that we are "losing politics", or gaining haters - yes, of course we are. As things stand now, noone on Viridian complains about Cairna, while Legacy is where the cool kids hate, and this is due to political choices.

Cairna came to Viridian and allied as much of it as he could, with the goal to kill one not-so-liked flag. He used tactics that would almost guarantee him a win against RM (but not be as efficient against Legacy, but that's another discussion), but that weren't very pretty. A few people protested a little, for a while, but he gave islands to many other large and important flags, which made him popular, and once RM were knocked out of the game, he's been happy sitting on the prestige islands, not really harming anyone, and noone complains.

Legacy, on the other hand, stood by the losing side in the Cairna-RM war, well knowing that that would probably leave us alone against the rest of the ocean, seen as the only common enemy. At the same time, we do blockade, on average twice per month in the last year, and that against any flag that doesn't support us, not against the same target over and over. Hell, of course those flags won't like us - they would have preferred to be left alone with their pixels - but we don't really mind because we like blockades and unlike Cairna, our goal is not the biggest possible jobberbase. (Again, my apologies to Cairna if this offends you, I don't mean to, you play the game smart in your way.)

To end this marathon post, I will comment on the constant mentioning of the values stated on our homepage. What you are constantly quoting and referring to is our guidelines to our allies and should be read, by our allies, in the way that it was written and intended by us. An example of what we mean by bullying a flag out of blockading is what was done to Captainben not too long ago. He dropped on a flag that was dormant, but had very strong allies with habit of defending for their allies now and then. In this case, they didn't and Captainben got the island in a flagsit. After the blockade, he thanked his jobbers and staff who had put up with a three round boring flagsit for him, and hell was unleashed. Ben was trashed in VP for dropping on a flagsit, for thanking his jobbers, for everything he did and everything he was. The following weekend, he got dropped on, and the flag he took the island from dropped, with no intention of contesting, just to make the blockade sinking. When Captainben, who basically gunned on pillages for his funds and fleet, didn't defend because he didn't want his ships sunk for Ansel, he was trashed again, to the point where he left Viridian.

When things like that are done to a 14 year old kid, it makes me sick. That is what I call bullying out of blockading. If our allies would do something like that, we wouldn't want them as allies, so we give them guidelines not to do that. Simple as that. That has nothing to do with the fact that we help some new flags and not others, depending on their general attitude and behaviour. (And yes, I do realise that if we closed the pond, stated that all defenses will be sinking and gave up all ambitions to help new flags, you would probably shut up because you would see a coherent picture. But I don't want to do that and I see no logical reason why a flag can't blockade on several levels, and in several ways. The same thing over and over gets old pretty fast.)

Keep in mind that these are my views and even though I have some say in Legacy, and pay for many of our blockades, Q's word is final and my views do not necessarily represent the views of my flag.

This is a long post and I know very well that those of you who read it at all, will do so only to pick sentences out of context and discuss them for three pages, telling eachother how horrible I am, who could say such a thing, and demanding explanations of me. Go ahead. I will most likely ignore you.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Aug 13, 2011 5:38:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Narcissag

Members, not carebear royals.

You have right, im a carebear royal, i dont feel the need of offend the rest of peoples for feeling better, I can express my self without hurt anyone, and i do care about respect everyone always.
And that type of thinking is what make Legacy diferent, and that way of playing is the way i want to play the game. I dont know if is to hard for you understand, but no because you like to offend everyone else, i should like.

Play fair, play for fun, respect everyone (that dont mind doet easy cades for everyone and play as a tedy bear). That is MY goal.

All the members in Legacy like the respect we have for each others so going back to the members stuffs, im a member to besise royal, and we are perfectly in our flag, you think because you trashtalk on us, we are going to be sad or afected you are wrong.

So WE as legacy are ok, thanks for worrieng true, all the legacy member give you a thanks :)!
Narci

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Nemesis at Aug 13, 2011 12:24:02 PM]
[Aug 13, 2011 6:11:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

Also, to the people who say that we are "losing politics", or gaining haters - yes, of course we are. As things stand now, noone on Viridian complains about Cairna, while Legacy is where the cool kids hate, and this is due to political choices.

Cairna came to Viridian and allied as much of it as he could, with the goal to kill one not-so-liked flag. He used tactics that would almost guarantee him a win against RM (but not be as efficient against Legacy, but that's another discussion), but that weren't very pretty. A few people protested a little, for a while, but he gave islands to many other large and important flags, which made him popular, and once RM were knocked out of the game, he's been happy sitting on the prestige islands, not really harming anyone, and noone complains.

Knockout's initial target was pretty much known to everyone, including RM. It wasn't a secret that we were targetting them and both side tried to get as much support as possible. We won the political battle mainly because of what RM had done in the past. You've listed some of them above. It doesn't really matter who had more allies if you're letting the other side catch up in jobbing with pay-raises. The thing that we gained was that these flags were willing to drop a warchest on RM and I didn't really have to convince them. RM made enemies and these enemies had no problem in attacking RM. The reason we have been island sitting last few weeks is that I haven't been comfortably be able to say that RM is out. They've been politicking actively still (Hunta approached TFF ring for support.) We're preparing ourselves for more defenses (if any) and recovering from the expenses against the bloodbath cades at the same time. Island sitting is the last thing I'd want. We left Hunter mainly for that reason. Aimuari was much more "prestigious" and "worthy" of island sitting. If anyone is curious, those 2 weekends accounted for atleast 120 WFs sink and around 40m+ in jobber pay for each side. When you're losing that much in a couple of blockades, you have to be ready for more against a not so friendly opponent. You've already pointed out a few reason which shows how RM in the past was more interested in crushing their opponent to gain advantage rather than actually keeping it fair. Let's see their most recent battles. At Terra, RM felt the need to make the first pay-raise by 50% of the starting pay to catch up a 20-jobber deficit (1k to 1.5k/seg). By Round 2, pay hits 3k/seg+ and then it's obviously a legit move to raise in 500/seg chunks to make-up for the jobber deficit. But initially, it's not really needed. A 200/seg raise would've done the same. The 500/seg chunks pushed the cade to the point that pay raises had much less influence on the jobbing influx. It's not like Knockout was insta-matching the raises, whether it would be 500/seg or 200/seg. With a less aggressive way of raising pay, we could've seen atleast 3 weekends of RM vs KO instead of the 2 so far.

Legacy, on the other hand, stood by the losing side in the Cairna-RM war, well knowing that that would probably leave us alone against the rest of the ocean, seen as the only common enemy. At the same time, we do blockade, on average twice per month in the last year, and that against any flag that doesn't support us, not against the same target over and over. Hell, of course those flags won't like us - they would have preferred to be left alone with their pixels - but we don't really mind because we like blockades and unlike Cairna, our goal is not the biggest possible jobberbase. (Again, my apologies to Cairna if this offends you, I don't mean to, you play the game smart in your way.)

Legacy standing by RM was your own choice and not something that was forced. You guys don't need to rely on jobberbase due to the fact that you'll be raising pay to catch-up on the jobbing. Anyone who believes that this sort of tactic doesn't hamper their long-term success will not mind going against a bigger jobber pool.
Cairna
Monarch of Knockout on Meridian & Emerald
Loiosch says, "when do we ci"
Karthika says, "cai might spank me if i do"
[Aug 13, 2011 6:50:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 181   Pages: 7   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates