• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 181
Posts: 181   Pages: 7   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 19113 times and has 180 replies Next Thread
WenchCleo

Re: Legacy's intent to scare Razor's Edge into scuttling Spectre

Dahlgren wrote: 
Blockades should be won by skill in blockading, not by superior numbers and/or coffers. Otherwise, you're not really doing blockades, you're just buying stuff and that's not how blockades are supposed to work.

Agreed.
----------------------------------------
Tikao of Viridian Meridian Ocean
Captain of Dark Horizon, Queen of Brink of Dawn

Martobain wrote: 
This thread is like a spanish soap series, I don't have a clue what they are saying and all the actors suck.

[Aug 15, 2011 11:43:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Elliptic

warp11 wrote: 
There's a really long thread in Political Parley regarding "Attrition" from when Cairna and Beyond the Veil did 6 consecutive weeks of blockading on Armstrong. They got complained on week 7 and stopped, but otherwise it appears as if they would've been knocked for "Griefing".

This thread? I posted in it under the account name Jutecloth. "It appears" ... was this shown unambiguously? The OP says that there was never a ruling on the complaint and this post from NickScorpio/Hankscorpio states that Beyond the Veil stopped when their Fame fell too low.
warp11 wrote: 
Attrition is not according to the spirit of the game. From your point of view it's a sneaky tactic, from the receiver's end it's hell on earth. You singlehandedly ruined the gameplay blockade-wise for Post Mortem with these blockades. Now I'm not saying Post Mortem are the kind of kids that endorse fair cades to the max. I mean against RM we got outjobbed by 100 and that too is rough. Yet dirty tactics should not be met with more dirty tactics. Blockades should be won by skill in blockading, not by superior numbers and/or coffers. Otherwise, you're not really doing blockades, you're just buying stuff and that's not how blockades are supposed to work.

What kind of attrition are you talking about? As far as I know, material attrition is in accord with the Spirit of the Game, where "Spirit of the Game" is the Three Rings' policy term.

From my point of view, material attrition is not a "sneaky tactic"; it is a sensible reply. You continue to attribute an attitude to me towards material attrition that has no basis in my posts and that I have expressly rejected as mistaken. Stop misrepresenting me.

I agree that dirty tactics should not be met with dirty tactics. I do not consider Post Mortem's tactics "dirty", nor do I consider Legacy's counter "dirty".

Skill? That is vague. Nav skill? Sinking hinders others from gaining nav skill by making the experience necessary to develop talent far more expensive. Are you then against sinking since it hampers the flowering of this skill? More importantly, how do you know how blockades "are supposed to work"? How do you know superior numbers and/or coffers aren't part of blockading?

warp11 wrote: 
Regarding Legacy making "excuses", I believe they did at no point admit to deliberately using attrition as you describe it here. At some point, I even recall Avienda saying "We wanted to spread the fun out on several weeks", now that's not the exact quote and I'm not going to go dig it up, but what you're suggesting here does not really seem like "fun for everyone for several weeks.

My post is here, but you haven't really explained what you were looking for. Did Avienda promise fun for everyone for several weeks? I am unaware of such a promise. Do you have a link?

warp11 wrote: 
The only one that can judge one's moral behaviour is oneself, so if you don't find anything wrong in attritions, paywars and massive jobbing advantadges then that's your point of view. This does however mean that you forfeit the support and friendship of everyone with moral values a bit stricter than yours. It's up to you what to believe in, but when you pull jack moves like these don't be surprised when it gets frowned upon.

I think it is very wrong to tell people that material attrition is immoral but unilaterally making blockades sinking is fine - and that the only excuse for saying so is ignorance. Your moral position here is not "stricter", it is in opposition to mine: yours is immoral. I would not want the support or friendship of anyone who predicates either on renouncing a position that is moral for one that is immoral. Neither would you, I think. If you change my mind, fine, but don't be surprised when condescension gets frowned upon.
"That is not how the question frames itself."

Wend, royal archophobe
[Aug 15, 2011 1:05:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

What I am about to do is quote the posts of Qvintus and Avienda in that thread in order to provide some perspective as to why I was under the impression that they were attempting to suggest they attempted something other than deliberate material attrition.

1. We accept the fact that Fintan is an impossible target, because PM will outjob and it will be expensive and very hard to win, and don't attack. That way, we encourage flags who prefer to islandsit to go together in SMAs because that way, they are safe.

2. We attack, and go all out to win. We use the best navers we can find, and keep raising pay as PM match to attempt to even out jobbing, so that either we have so many jobbers that the exact numbers don't really matter and we can win, or we simply force PM off the board with pay. That way, we could probably win in one go, and we would follow all the "sacred golden rules" of paywar, but... It would cost both sides a lot, and it probably wouldn't be very fun, because of the negative feelings connected with paying a lot with a lot at stake, and the tarting that tends to follow, outweighing the fun of the blockade itself.

3. We could attack the way that we did last week - attempt at communication, and accept a certain level of outjobbing just to keep the payraises slow and the blockade cheap and fun - and then say good game, accept defeat and walk away. That would probably be fun and all, and it would definitely count as "blockading for the blockade, not the island", but... At the same time, it would send a very strong signal saying that if you just manage to outjob enough to win once, you will be left alone afterwards. And Reeves, if you think about it, does that really encourage the kind of blockades that you like?

4. We could do something intetween 2 and 3: Raise pay, going for the win, but not really push hard enough, and lose anyway. Then we could tart in the forums, and cause a 200 post mutual hatethread, where we complain about outjobbing and PM complain about expensive blockades and the same old things are discussed over and over. But... We don't really like that kind of mudslinging contests much, and prefer to turn a situation to our advantage, rather than whining about it.

5. We can take this chance to have fun and let our team practice together in a situation where we will be outjobbed, so that they have a challenge to overcome, and keep the blockades cheap. And since we are likely to lose blockades like that, we can do it more than once and get more practice, and sooner or later, we will probably win. And either way, we will build a better team.

What we have here are the options listed. Personally, I would suggest #2 as the best option as I personally consider pay should be a tool to keep jobbing even, not uneven. From option 5 here, which appears to have been the option which was chosen Avienda suggests that her team would rather have fun several weeks and get the practice. In no way does she state that material attrition is on the agenda even though anyone that was at those Fintan blockades could argue the opposite.

Next up, Qvintus wrote this:

1. Lose
This feels wrong to me, especially since I really believe in my nav team and think that we could win given fairly even jobbing.

2. Ensure even jobbing by the strength of PoE.
This usually creates a very expensive blockade and may give even jobbing if done carefully, but this very often gets out of hand and ends up bankrupting the weaker flag. When I spoke to Staycr before the first blockade she specifically asked me to avoid very high pay and as an example mentioned the cade with RM that started pay at 5K per segment against her not too long ago (her example not mine).

3. Keep pay at a reasonable level and use the PoE saved to redo the blockade until both sides feels that it was fair, or until one side gets broke but let's hope it wont come to that.

At first Qvintus shows that he is unable to take a loss, no surprise there. Then he suggests what I would consider the best option. Please note how he doesn't want to bankrupt the other flag (I even highlighted it for you).
At 3, he states the same as option 5 from Avienda's post suggesting a repeated material attrition that he hopes will not end in the other side being broke. To interpret it simply, since losing isn't on the agenda he states that he is going to blockade until he wins the island or Post Mortem goes broke.

Now, this is all history, however then you come and say this:

This is not true. Post Mortem was blockaded because they drove Pillars of Confidence off with numbers and I wanted to try countering this. I asked Legacy to attack Post Mortem using my resources and methodology. More or less, they did as I intended. Let's be sure not forget this one was efficient and effective.

Amongst other things you've said previously in this thread that made it very clear that material attrition was the goal all along. This fits together very well with the things I picked up from naving at the first Fintan cade and is what I have suspected all along. I believe your post in perspective to Avienda and Qvintus's posts are like black and white here, suggesting very different things. My assumption would be that they were trying to make it look like something else because they did at the time realize the damage that would be inflicted on the reputation if they admitted to such behaviour.

Lastly, I'd like to attempt to explain to you why attrition, material or not is something I don't agree with. Earlier I stated that I believe pay should be handled responsibly to keep blockades even. This would mean that the flag with the biggest coffers pulls the strings as to whether there is going to be a jobber disparity or not. If you instead use your funds irresponsibly you use a factor that I do not think should define the outcome of the blockade, your funds. I believe that if you do what Legacy did at Fintan, you really don't give your opponents a fighting chance and instead of letting them prove or disprove their worth on the board, you buy the island with no blockading skill what-so-ever involved. Islands shifting hands should be determined by the skill of a flag, not it's bankroll.

Oh and please, spare me the "we were teaching Post Mortem a lesson". You don't consider material attrition illegitimate, just as I'm sure they don't consider massive outjobbing illegitimate. Therefore, punishing a jack move with what could be publically considered another jack move (that's the material attrition) is quite pointless and a poor excuse of greed for islands and fake glory.

I'm sorry, I do blockades, not island purchases. This obviusly isn't true for all people as you prove here, which is why I find it upsetting that said people claim to possess some sort of skill in blockading when all previous actions point towards the contrary.
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Aug 15, 2011 2:38:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

Attrition isn't against the spirit of the game. Making a blockade sinking could be considered as a hinderance in blockading too, like Wend pointed out earlier. Every flag has various tactics to choose from for making their position stronger, it's a matter of choice. No one can force their choice or opinion on the other. The current mindset of the newer generation of blockaders is that blockade is all about even jobbing, where naving would choose a winner. It seems to be fair to them, but even jobbing doesn't ensure a fair blockade when the defenders can't enter ocean side (game mechanics), when you can't measure the skill of the jobbers (not practically possible), board spawns (randomly generated), thirdparty's interests (we've created this problem) and so on.

A blockade is fair only when competition isn't controlled and restricted. It is a high-end goal and cannot be controlled or restricted to be fitting of one's opinion. This is exactly why OOO hasn't drawn a line on attrition blockading (Not even when BTV blockaded Armstrong 6 weeks straight.) I was given the green signal by OOO after they ensured that these blockades weren't grief drops but contested. Results didn't matter as long as BTV was sending in frigs with the jobbers they got, it didn't go against the spirit of the game.

There is no single highly successful flag, no matter how skilled or talented, that hasn't kept a jobber lead for winning some of their blockades. Even the flags you brought up Dahlgren (RM and Coerced Coexistence) have ensured a jobber lead to win their blockades many times. Not taking anything away from what they achieved, they've won many even jobbing blockades too. This is exactly why I say that these arguments are just for drumming political support as it comes for discussion only to snipe one side's gameplay. However, turn back around and think for a moment, the side you support has done one of the same thing in one way or the other and hence, your opinions are biased. Whether they pretend the other way or they dont is just a question of how much importance they give to their political face. It doesn't make your opinion fair when you are driving for a side that uses the same tactics.

In my pirate career, I've probably dropped more than 150 warchests and been involved in many more blockades than that. I've seen/used most of these tactics ranging from winning even jobbing blockades to hardcore attritioning. There is not a single one that can be termed as "fair" and other as "unfair" to fit anyone's dicitionary of opinions as long as they aren't against the spirit of the game (TOS). They are just political arguments when someone says that this is fair while the other isn't.

If anyone wants a change and their opinion to be considered by the other side, start off by respecting the other side. Respect is a must, losers shouldn't be sore losers and winners should stop being elite bunch of barrelstoppers with huge ego's.
Cairna
Monarch of Knockout on Meridian & Emerald
Loiosch says, "when do we ci"
Karthika says, "cai might spank me if i do"
[Aug 15, 2011 4:42:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
M_Cobain

Cairna wrote: 
They are just political arguments when someone says that this is fair while the other isn't.

I'm not sure if I agree with you here. I do get your point, because of the rules set by OOO, the way you and Legacy win a blockade is valid and acceptable. Though the point Dahlgren is trying to make (achieving to make in my opinion), is that it's not just a political argument that's against using these tactics.

I believe that when you've dropped as many chests as you did, you should've created some sort of moral* standard to yourself. I'm pretty sure you did, which makes you feel okay with the way you blockade, and see it as acceptable. Though you disagreeing with Dahlgren's favourite way of blockading isn't just a political argument, it's also about how you are as a person. If we put you and Legacy together again for the sake of the argument, I think that you believe the actions you are executing on the blockade board are both okay with the rules set by OOO, and by the rules you set to yourself morally*.

Perhaps after all this bickering about the same subject (attrittion, destroying flags, whatever you want to call it), we'd have to agree to disagree.

I personally enjoy the more straight forward blockades where LA's are contacting eachother to come to a strategical (not emotional) agreement where they can execute a blockade that's balanced but still has the same 'sting' to it as a blockade that's out of control pay and jobber wise.
Navving with Legacy the past months (year?) made me realise I do not enjoy edgy tactics or emotional blockade staff. It gives the blockade a tension nobody likes, and in the end you end up apologising for being an Oosteve during a blockade you desperately tried to win.

Me, and I'm sure Dahlgren and many other navvers I know would too, enjoy blockades that are well thought-out, had enough preperation (thanks ancho and rose times 33.000) and don't include blockade staff who get butthurt about everything that goes wrong.
Perhaps it's already known, perhaps it takes a bit longer before the impatient jobbers and trolls find out, but I'm somehow sure that the people I blockaded with for over three years have trouble finding the motivation and effort to entertain for yet another Oosteving crowd.
Sure, it's legimate when you ask the OM's, and sure, paying millions and millions of poe every weekend does keep the island sitting allies happy, but when I look into my crystal ball of blockading, a lot of familiar faces (including mine) won't be there to spew golden rainbows over the squeeking viridian sociaty anymore.

*I might have mixed up the definitions explained earlier, sorry for that.

EDIT: Had to Oosteve some words.
Martobain

YPPedia improved with Tom Cruise the Elephant (who's my friend and buddy) catalogue!
[Aug 15, 2011 5:16:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

I'm not sure if I agree with you here. I do get your point, because of the rules set by OOO, the way you and Legacy win a blockade is valid and acceptable. Though the point Dahlgren is trying to make (achieving to make in my opinion), is that it's not just a political argument that's against using these tactics.

I believe that when you've dropped as many chests as you did, you should've created some sort of moral* standard to yourself. I'm pretty sure you did, which makes you feel okay with the way you blockade, and see it as acceptable. Though you disagreeing with Dahlgren's favourite way of blockading isn't just a political argument, it's also about how you are as a person. If we put you and Legacy together again for the sake of the argument, I think that you believe the actions you are executing on the blockade board are both okay with the rules set by OOO, and by the rules you set to yourself morally*.

Yes, it is biased-political argument when he questions only the side he is fighting and not his own. Why did RM start pay at 5k/seg at Fintan against PM? There are few other issues Avienda posted, were those tactics ok in your book of morals? I am not saying "attrition" is good or bad and to comment about me as a person, you have a very small experience about my gameplay. Dahlgren has more off me to comment. Infact, he made a post in HP that Cairna going against RiddleMakers might be like an attempt vs CC (both sides with plenty of money going at it, attrition is insignificant, board skills would play a much bigger role). Well, I guess, it would have been a surprise to many that we happened to possess more skill than what was acknowledged. Can you point out a single blockade that you think Knockout on Viridian used poe as an aspect to push the other side off the board in a good contested blockade? I've done a bunch of things, learned from being a greenie blockader that kept raising the pay up for fun just to win till I learned to play the game better. Sorry, I wasn't born on the elite bunch of barrelstopper's side. I was on the greeener side that struggled against the elites. My personal opinion is that attrition is poor sportmanship. It isn't unfair, but it's definitely bad sportsmanship, no matter its me or someone else using it. Even jobbing also doesn't make a blockade fair.

I personally enjoy the more straight forward blockades where LA's are contacting eachother to come to a strategical (not emotional) agreement where they can execute a blockade that's balanced but still has the same 'sting' to it as a blockade that's out of control pay and jobber wise.

Believe me that this is a common interest.

Sure, it's legimate when you ask the OM's, and sure, paying millions and millions of poe every weekend does keep the island sitting allies happy, but when I look into my crystal ball of blockading, a lot of familiar faces (including mine) won't be there to spew golden rainbows over the squeeking viridian sociaty anymore.

It's a hell lot of work on both sides when they attempt to buy an island off the other or play the resource war. Only a stong dislike towards each other encourage such play where one side wants to crush the other. Grudge matches they call it. If there was no grudge, people would be ok to lose an island and have a smile on their face over the fun on the blockade board.
Cairna
[Aug 15, 2011 6:02:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

hy did RM start pay at 5k/seg at Fintan against PM?

Nice try baby cakes but RM never blockaded Fintan and get off your high horse you had nothing to do with RM fall out it was just a ticking bomb; I'm sure the guys will do a great job and will be back blockading soon.
Roseh

[Aug 15, 2011 6:39:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
M_Cobain

Cairna wrote: 
It isn't unfair, but it's definitely bad sportsmanship, no matter its me or someone else using it.

Let me start off by saying I'm glad you do agree it's atleast bad sportmanship. You are right, I don't know your full history though I'm analysing your ways with the experiences I did have with you. I myself didn't start with the "elite bunch of barrelstopper's" either, and I believe you don't know me as well as I know you either. I think it's safe to say I'm known to put myself outside the political world (simply because I don't understand most of it, and I don't have a lot of interest for it), which makes my observing atleast a bit trustworthy. I am biased in a way, yes, seeing as I didn't blockade with everyone on Viridian, though I'm pretty sure that my way of playing this game has kept me from forming emotional and overly-biased opinions.

Can you point out a single blockade that you think Knockout on Viridian used poe as an aspect to push the other side off the board in a good contested blockade?

The first time I've seen you blockade on Viridian, it was pretty clear you were using poe to gain an advantage in the blockade. Did it push out RM right away? No, it didn't. Atleast not right away. This would've been the case if it was done to any other flag than RM or Legacy. Which proves my point of you using a form of attrition to push away the opponents and win the island.

Yes, it is biased-political argument when he questions only the side he is fighting and not his own. Why did RM start pay at 5k/seg at Fintan against PM? There are few other issues Avienda posted, were those tactics ok in your book of morals?

You are right, there have been blockades in the past where RM raised the pay in an early stadium of the blockade to let the opponent know 'they mean business', or whatever you want to call it. Though this was maybe more the new-age-VG way of handling things more than it was an RM thing to do, I don't agree with you the intentions were similar with the way KO did it (on Viridian) and Legacy is doing it now.
The point that makes it not a 'biased-political argument' is that Dahlgren critisized the way Legacy performed the attrition at the Fintan blockades. In 'my book' I've had less problems with the way RM/VG handled blockades than the way Legacy did. Even though I've been on the winning sides of both those situations.

Even jobbing also doesn't make a blockade fair.

This is mainly the point I have to disagree with you fundementally. When you give your navvers the message you don't rely on them in an even jobbing situation, I don't see how a blockade team can function properly. I remember in the past, when I just got introduced to the blockading game, I used to wish for the LA/BA to raise the pay so we could secure the round without risk. But now that I've been doing more blockades with people who are experienced in it aswell, I got to learn that taking risk is the fun part about navving. To put it down short, if you don't rely on your navvers, you should fix that before going for an island.

Believe me that this is a common interest.

Common for us, though sadly not common for a majority of the flags I blockaded with/against.

It's a hell lot of work on both sides when they attempt to buy an island off the other or play the resource war. Only a stong dislike towards each other encourage such play where one side wants to crush the other. Grudge matches they call it. If there was no grudge, people would be ok to lose an island and have a smile on their face over the fun on the blockade board.

I agree with you that these 'grudge matches' take a lot of politicking and funding and preperation aswel, though that's not entirely what I meant when I typed what you quoted. It might take the same amount of material effort, though for some people it seems to take atleast four times the amount of the normal preperation time to also be prepared mentally. And with 'some people' I don't mean you, since I never 'worked' with you, but a gathering of people in flags I've blockaded with in the past.

All in all I find it interesting and disturbing at the same time to see the blockade game change direction in the last year or so. It's just something I noticed and witnessed first hand (I tend to be there for a lot of blockdes) for a while now.
Martobain

YPPedia improved with Tom Cruise the Elephant (who's my friend and buddy) catalogue!
[Aug 15, 2011 6:43:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
briskysforum

hy did RM start pay at 5k/seg at Fintan against PM?

Nice try baby cakes but RM never blockaded Fintan and get off your high horse you had nothing to do with RM fall out it was just a ticking bomb; I'm sure the guys will do a great job and will be back blockading soon.

No it was laby.
Support Response:
Poor Alice. Hang tight. ====== Alright, Alice has been restored to you.
Most hated pirate in meridian and viridian 2 years running :D
[Aug 15, 2011 6:46:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

Does the island really matter here? The talk is about the starting pay, island doesn't make the argument look better. I'm sure they will too, it doesn't change the fact that we won the first leg in even fights which I hadn't before (vs CC).
Cairna
[Aug 15, 2011 6:49:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

I wouldn't say you did and I personally don't remember starting pay at 5k I've been digging in forums and can't find it anywhere :).
Roseh

[Aug 15, 2011 6:55:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

The first time I've seen you blockade on Viridian, it was pretty clear you were using poe to gain an advantage in the blockade. Did it push out RM right away? No, it didn't. Atleast not right away. This would've been the case if it was done to any other flag than RM or Legacy. Which proves my point of you using a form of attrition to push away the opponents and win the island.

How, so? No pay raises were matched instantly, we allowed the other side to catch-up. Any side that's not RM or Legacy won't be raising in 500/seg chunks either from the starting pay (I pointed this out somewhere in VP). Like yesterday's Carmine cade we didn't match a 100 poe raise and let them catch-up. The nav team wasn't very different from RM's either. I don't know for sure so feel free to correct me.

You are right, there have been blockades in the past where RM raised the pay in an early stadium of the blockade to let the opponent know 'they mean business', or whatever you want to call it. Though this was maybe more the new-age-VG way of handling things more than it was an RM thing to do, I don't agree with you the intentions were similar with the way KO did it (on Viridian) and Legacy is doing it now.

Sorry, I fail to see what you mean by the way KO did it on Viridian? Please explain.

This is mainly the point I have to disagree with you fundementally. When you give your navvers the message you don't rely on them in an even jobbing situation, I don't see how a blockade team can function properly. I remember in the past, when I just got introduced to the blockading game, I used to wish for the LA/BA to raise the pay so we could secure the round without risk. But now that I've been doing more blockades with people who are experienced in it aswell, I got to learn that taking risk is the fun part about navving. To put it down short, if you don't rely on your navvers, you should fix that before going for an island.

I'm talking fundamentals too. Defenders not being able to go ocean-side puts them at a disadvantage in winning the round against the attackers when an oceans-side board spawns.
Cairna
[Aug 15, 2011 6:56:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

How, so? No pay raises were matched instantly, we allowed the other side to catch-up. Any side that's not RM or Legacy won't be raising in 500/seg chunks either from the starting pay

No instead they will raise from 600 to 2k to 4k to 7k and end in 10k; don't pretend like you are much better when you've been backing this.
Roseh

[Aug 15, 2011 7:08:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

No instead they will raise from 600 to 2k to 4k to 7k and end in 10k; don't pretend like you are much better when you've been backing this.

Aww, you angreh? Sucks you aren't an RM royal anymore to speak for them. We'll see when it happens. Action speaks louder than words, so chill out.
Cairna
[Aug 15, 2011 7:12:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

I am not and was my choice thanks for caring love :)
Roseh

[Aug 15, 2011 7:17:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ziggy_hamel

Trolls need to bitch at something.

I know a little late, but this is so true.
Ziggurat on Viridian
Captain of Strength and Honour.

[Aug 15, 2011 8:00:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
M_Cobain

Aww, you angreh? Sucks you aren't an RM royal anymore to speak for them. We'll see when it happens. Action speaks louder than words, so chill out.

And there was me thinking you were actually thinking through the way you blockade, but apparantly you just resort to denying obvious facts and saying 'you angry bro??!'

Oh well.
Martobain

[Aug 16, 2011 5:08:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

You're talking about the guy that has "Raise Pay" as a /T-bind.
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Aug 16, 2011 5:20:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fifasmells

You're talking about the guy that has "Raise Pay" as a /T-bind.

^
What A R.......R....Real bad joke. BTW Rose already paid her chocodebt

Now on Facebook!
[Aug 16, 2011 7:11:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Monliz

Time for my two cents. I've been here a long time on Viridian, same flag as well. I see nothing much changed in the realm of blockading. The first major war of attrition was done to IC in 2008. Two flags with one mastermind were involved in that and well history now speaks for itself. It's a nasty thing but it happens. Every flag has it's own personality and way of doing things. As Cai pointed out about himself, he has learned alot since being a greenie blockader. Key term there is learning. Some of us may not like how other flags go about attacking and cading, so one must LEARN how to counter in new ways.
Monlizzy
Captain and Counselor of Midnight Aurora & Queen of Imperial Coalition on the Meridian Ocean
Queen of Lion's Bane on the Obsidian Ocean
Queen of Imperial Coalition on the Emerald Ocean
[Aug 16, 2011 8:20:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
M_Cobain

Time for my two cents. I've been here a long time on Viridian, same flag as well. I see nothing much changed in the realm of blockading. The first major war of attrition was done to IC in 2008. Two flags with one mastermind were involved in that and well history now speaks for itself. It's a nasty thing but it happens. Every flag has it's own personality and way of doing things. As Cai pointed out about himself, he has learned alot since being a greenie blockader. Key term there is learning. Some of us may not like how other flags go about attacking and cading, so one must LEARN how to counter in new ways.

Same way you learnt to build over woodspawns, right? :O
Martobain

[Aug 16, 2011 8:55:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Hey, remember when all those palms got paved? Omg horror! :D
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Aug 16, 2011 9:44:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
M_Cobain

Hey, remember when all those palms got paved? Omg horror! :D

Yeah.
Martobain

[Aug 16, 2011 9:48:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
muppman

Let this thread die already! The drop never even happend.

No one has been riding Lizzy harder than I when it come to checking if she paves spawns on the wooden island I fell in love with, but lost brutally to Sea Change. And I have not only failed to find any proof of paving, I have also been shown screenies proving that no such thing occured. Lizzy has done more then any one could ask for, to show that the spawns are safe.
/Qvintus, First mate of Nightmare and King of Legacy
[Aug 16, 2011 9:55:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
M_Cobain

Re: Let this thread die already! The drop never even happend.

No one has been riding Lizzy harder than I when it come to checking if she paves spawns on the wooden island I fell in love with, but lost brutally to Sea Change. And I have not only failed to find any proof of paving, I have also been shown screenies proving that no such thing occured. Lizzy has done more then any one could ask for, to show that the spawns are safe.

If only we could say the same about the boys. :(
Martobain

[Aug 16, 2011 10:00:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Monliz

Have a little dignity Marto and keep the TRASH out of the forums
Monlizzy
Captain and Counselor of Midnight Aurora & Queen of Imperial Coalition on the Meridian Ocean
Queen of Lion's Bane on the Obsidian Ocean
Queen of Imperial Coalition on the Emerald Ocean
[Aug 16, 2011 10:01:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Quick thing Q. Just cuz its bugging me. The drop wasnt supposed to happen. At least not according to the title of the thread :p
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Aug 16, 2011 10:07:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
muppman

Re: Let this thread die already! The drop never even happened.

To be honest, the title was thought as a provocation to make them defend and NOT scuttle. I admit that my reversed psychology failed big time.
/Qvintus, First mate of Nightmare and King of Legacy
[Aug 16, 2011 10:14:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

Attrition isn't against the spirit of the game.

You just lost the political game. :)
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Aug 16, 2011 10:53:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

Got a bit of a smudge on your nose, need a tissue? Also Lizzy I was on vent/ts when the third TLM Cade against l@mig happened, I'm guessing you were just crying for effect and not just because it happens?

Edit: Damn you autocorrect!
Seepnah
[Edit 1 times, last edit by boroboy1 at Aug 16, 2011 11:23:42 AM]
[Aug 16, 2011 11:22:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 181   Pages: 7   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates