• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 181
Posts: 181   Pages: 7   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 18401 times and has 180 replies Next Thread
muppman

Legacy's intent to scare Razor's Edge into scuttling Spectre

When: During the upcoming weekend (will add time here if it against all odds goes to an actual drop)

Why: Why not?

Pay: If it comes to an actual cade, we start pay on 666 PoE per segment.

JC: We will get one if we need one.

Sinking: We can only hope.
----------------------------------------
/Qvintus, First mate of Nightmare and King of Legacy
[Edit 2 times, last edit by muppman at Aug 11, 2011 3:05:49 AM]
[Aug 10, 2011 10:08:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
eksantrik

Re: Legacy's intent to scare Razor's Edge into scuttling Spectre

I will hope to be there. Good Luck Legacy!
Excentriek of Viridian

Senior Officer of Sinner's Dystopia
Scapegoat of Sinner's Dystopia
King of Surreal Kiss
Proud Member of Legacy
[Aug 10, 2011 11:33:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

There won't be a blockade - RE scuttled already before this was posted. We just hadn't checked the notice board, so we didn't know that.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Aug 10, 2011 12:07:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devilx7

´loooooooooooooooooooove the artwork :)
Devilx on Emerald (Retired)
Devilx on Meridian (Retired)
Devilx Obsidian

Stepping up to his MASTER
[Aug 10, 2011 12:32:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

There won't be a blockade - RE scuttled already before this was posted. We just hadn't checked the notice board, so we didn't know that.

I wonder why people don't like you guys. You ignore relevant, good questions that deserve answers, you go back on everything you proclaim your flag stands for, and you "bully" flags into scuttling because its "funny". Seems like you guys are just a bunch of pompous people that are over satisfied by their pixels and want to win the game rather than have fun THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME. I put that in capital letters so that you know it was there and I wasn't "hating".

Something else that isn't nearly as important, you once said you over reacted in a blockade because Q thinks 69 jokes are dumb, I'm sure there are just as many people who find 666 offensive as 69, food for thought.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Aug 10, 2011 12:57:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

To be fair here. Scuttle shielding an outpost is about as smart as running face first into a brick wall. I'm not saying your accusations aren't legitimate, I'm just saying that any flag that scuttles their outpost because they don't have the nuts to defend it doesn't deserve an island. What we have here is a flag that doesn't deserve an island lose it, I can't see that as a bad thing.
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Aug 10, 2011 1:39:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

I agree, but this is a Legacy thread so I had to hate on them, all the cool kids do it.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Aug 10, 2011 2:29:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NathanShawn

666 is the number of beast thus wildly more offensive then 69.
Nathanshawn:
Something of the crew Truth be Told.
Something else of the flag United we Stand.

~Hai ai r Nayfin, Ai ish a Polar Bear.~
[Aug 10, 2011 5:45:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Seems like you guys are just a bunch of pompous people that are over satisfied by their pixels and want to win the game rather than have fun THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME.

I think Legacy tends to blockade outposts more because they actually find it more fun. Normally what comes with a large is a huge amount of complaining afterwards and the blockade as a whole takes a toll on people trying to manage a 20 frig clusterf&*^, where blockading a outpost sometimes comes with tarting but I personally find them a lot funner than a huge blockade at a large island. Plus you don't spend as much attacking a outpost, saves some money with low jobbing numbers and you can blockade more often, which is more fun to them. Just my theory, I recently joined Legacy so you would have to ask Avi or Q.
Captainrich
[Aug 10, 2011 5:54:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shipsitter1

Seems like you guys are just a bunch of pompous people that are over satisfied by their pixels and want to win the game rather than have fun THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME.

I think Legacy tends to blockade outposts more because they actually find it more fun. Normally what comes with a large is a huge amount of complaining afterwards and the blockade as a whole takes a toll on people trying to manage a 20 frig clusterf&*^, where blockading a outpost sometimes comes with tarting but I personally find them a lot funner than a huge blockade at a large island. Plus you don't spend as much attacking a outpost, saves some money with low jobbing numbers and you can blockade more often, which is more fun to them. Just my theory, I recently joined Legacy so you would have to ask Avi or Q.

Wow i agree with this completely. If you are here for the actual cade not the island why spend huge amounts of money on larges and mediums when you can spend a lot less poe on OPs. Plus the stress of trying to win a OP is so less then one of a large.
Do i really need one?

~~~Shipsit~~~
[Aug 10, 2011 6:23:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Decent point, but I throw it out the window based on how they have handled their past umpteen outpost blockades.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Aug 11, 2011 2:06:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

Including the most recent at Viridis, where everyone involved agreed it was a very fun blockade and there was no hurt feelings on either side?

I like to think Legacy go to Outposts to train their noob navvers like me, because Q and Avi are generous people and will splash out on islands just for us.
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Aug 11, 2011 2:39:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Decent point, but I throw it out the window based on how they have handled their past umpteen outpost blockades.

Oh, that's a nice one!

Our last umpteen outpost blockades should be all of them, so I'll give you a list.

Spectre XXIV, June 27 2010: Baby Legacy drops on an undefended island, trying to snipe our first precious pixels. Yes, we did. Boo Our Other Booched dropped last minute to spice up the flagsit, but didn't have the organisation needed to win that day. 3-0 for Legacy.

Spectre XXV, July 4 2010: Qvintus saw the scuttle button for the first time, and just had to figure out what it did. After realising what it did, we tried to turn the mistake into a fun training blockade, but with Boo Our Other Booched thirdpartying with two frigs, we made the greenie mistake of sinking them first, lost round one, got scared and pulled out. Lost 3-0.

Dendrite XXIX, October 24 2010: Ok, not a pretty one. We were too focused on winning our second island to start up the blockade pond, Qvintus had just started on antidepressants which made him stand still for several turns a few times (not good for a naver/BA), so we pushed pay to win. This has been discussed thoroughly after it happened, and we are not proud of it. Won 3-1 for Legacy.

Polaris XIX, January 15 2011: After a flamestorm against Captainben for taking Ansel from Infierno De Los Diablos in a flagsit, we decided to make a parody of a flagsit on the island that Infierno De Los Diablos still had. We posted an intent to flagsit, and started pay on 1 PoE/seg. Due to third parties (And I think, another drop by Babehun's flag at the time), pay went up to 21 PoE/seg. This was one of the most exciting blockades we've ever done, especially round three, where Heisenberg's Uncertainty sent in junks at 1K/seg, and Qvintus had to juggle 3 pointsitting sloops with 3 alts on each, while Narci ran around from buoy to buoy on a full sloop, hiding from the junks, and Zorbo saved the day by filling a sloop in Booty Bashers to grab more points. Won 3-0 for Legacy.

Ansel XIV, February 20 2011: Arranged blockade with Subtle Tease, where different caps were tried in each round, just to see if they worked (they didn't, really), both flags shared the same vent channel for land staff and waiting navers, and Anchovia land admiraled for both flags. Lost 3-1 in a chickenrace in round three, were neither flag wanted Ansel, and both were afraid that the other would pull out first. Legacy's fleet for this blockade consisted of only Anchovy ships.

Dendrite XXX, March 5 2011: The first pond blockade, where a strict cap was used and Legacy supplied both fleets, with Pillars of Confidence challenging. Won 3-0 to Legacy, after PoC pulled out in R2.

Viridis XXXIII, May 29 2011: We all know this one. Fast Forward dropped on Subtle Tease, asked for someone to spice up the flagsit, Legacy decided to last minute drop, kept pay at 500 despite very uneven jobbing and lost round one and two. We then won round three due to a 3P that obviously didn't like Fast Forward, and Fast Forward pulled out. During the long break, we talked to Fast Forward, lowered pay after the 3P paywar, and asked them to come back. They did, then pulled out again. Won 3-2 for Legacy, and tartfest of the month.

Surtsey XIII, June 5 2011: Legacy dropped on Razor's Edge, due to an old grudge with Cymbach. Razor's Edge did not defend so, to avoid a flagsit, Legacy asked New Ocean Order to drop and come play with us, and gave them 500K for jobber pay. Won 3-1 for Legacy.

Viridis XXXIV, July 30 2011: Fast Forward dropped without any previous agreement regarding terms, then pulled out after R1 because the blockade was sinking. Won 3-0 to Legacy.

Viridis XXXV, August 7 2011: DON'T LOOK AT ME dropped, after approaching me a week in advance and discussing terms in detail. The blockade was kept even, both sides used some of their newer navers and I think anyone who was there can agree that it was quite a nice blockade. Lost 3-1.

Those are the ten outpost blockades that Legacy have done. Most of them were fun and altogether, they cost less than one "real" large island blockade.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Aug 11, 2011 3:34:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alishaarrh

Avienda, do you have all this crap on speed dial or something?

I havent had anything to do with Legacy but as an outside greenie looking at the forums it becomes boring always seeing them talk about themselves so much.

You guys seem to have an issue with sticking to your own story alot. One week you are all about helping new flags then the next week if the new flags arent playing by your terms they can GTFO.

I don't find the things you do one bit kind or generous i find the actions of your flag to be more selfish then anything else.

Have you noticed that the only people that pretend to like you have something to gain? I dont even play the political game and i can see that from a mile away.

I log on to talk to old freinds, my views have nothing to do with the flag im in.
[Aug 11, 2011 3:57:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bobdonnell

Spectre XXIV, June 27 2010: Baby Legacy drops on an undefended island, trying to snipe our first precious pixels. Yes, we did. Boo Our Other Booched dropped last minute to spice up the flagsit, but didn't have the organisation needed to win that day. 3-0 for Legacy.

Just to clear a few things up with this one, I dropped late, probably 30 mins before going live or so i'd say, and was unable to catch up on jobbers, and when I asked if they would let me, I was told no, as they wanted a flag sit as it was a good day outside. So we tried to spice up said cade but was shut down.

Havn't been around for most of the other cades so can't comment on them.
Avatar by the Beautiful Velternal <3

Vsmeifudare says, "hi"
Nightwishtwo says, "drop dead"
[Aug 11, 2011 4:39:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

Whatup Vs, how many of those cades do you think have a similar story that wasn't disclosed in Avi's post? This is elementary my dear Watson, what we have here is a bunch of people blockading to have something to be proud of. There's nothing wrong with people trying to blockade to feel good about themselves, however ít becomes shifty when they focus on the wrong things.

Let's be honest here forums, how many times have we seen an intent post from Legacy with brilliant artwork from Narci, Qvintus going "HUHUHUHUHU FEAR ME I AM TEH GREATUST" and then afterwards, Avienda writing a couple of novels explaining to people like they're 3 years old why it wasn't an illegitimate act of cowardice.

At one point, I was prepared to drop all my prejudice towards this flag when I heard they took Napi. Only later did I hear they had outjobbed for this victory which sadly fitted far too well into this Legacy image to be false. Only two weeks later, Terra got hit and Qvintus naved against RM. "We're not official allies so what I do doesn't concern you", lol, if people are this desperate for their 15 minutes of fame or 3 hours of cadenaving, you can be damn sure they'll be prepared for anything.

Rest assured forums, your supply of jack moves will continue to come from team Legacy. As long as Captain Hybris is at the rudder, anything can happen.
[Aug 11, 2011 5:11:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
benrenshaw

At one point, I was prepared to drop all my prejudice towards this flag when I heard they took Napi. Only later did I hear they had outjobbed for this victory which sadly fitted far too well into this Legacy image to be false.

Am I right or left in saying that WoA jack'd pay up to 9,999? This obviously leaves space for Legacy to allow them to keep raising so that jobbing can be kept even and WoA can have a fun blockade, which is what they've always wanted.
Captainben on Meridian
Basicx on Emerald
[Aug 11, 2011 7:53:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
M_Cobain

Trolls need to bitch at something.
Martobain

YPPedia improved with Tom Cruise the Elephant (who's my friend and buddy) catalogue!
[Aug 11, 2011 8:30:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WenchCleo

At one point, I was prepared to drop all my prejudice towards this flag when I heard they took Napi. Only later did I hear they had outjobbed for this victory which sadly fitted far too well into this Legacy image to be false.

Am I right or left in saying that WoA jack'd pay up to 9,999? This obviously leaves space for Legacy to allow them to keep raising so that jobbing can be kept even and WoA can have a fun blockade, which is what they've always wanted.

So many things wrong with that statement, Ben, in particular, WoA wanting a fun blockade.

I wasn't there, but I heard WoA pulled out as soon after Legacy matched pay (please correct me if I heard wrong about that).
Tikao of Viridian Meridian Ocean
Captain of Dark Horizon, Queen of Brink of Dawn

Martobain wrote: 
This thread is like a spanish soap series, I don't have a clue what they are saying and all the actors suck.

[Aug 11, 2011 9:08:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sav_

So many things wrong with that statement, Ben, in particular, WoA wanting a fun blockade.

I wasn't there, but I heard WoA pulled out as soon after Legacy matched pay (please correct me if I heard wrong about that).

Pay went to 9999 per seg around the time R1 started, WoA pulled out at the end of R1.
[Aug 11, 2011 9:14:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Just to clear a few things up with this one, I dropped late, probably 30 mins before going live or so i'd say, and was unable to catch up on jobbers, and when I asked if they would let me, I was told no, as they wanted a flag sit as it was a good day outside. So we tried to spice up said cade but was shut down.

Havn't been around for most of the other cades so can't comment on them.

Yes, dear Vs, that is true.

And to the forum alt and anyone else who doesn't like me writing novels about Legacy, please stop reading here.

Vs and others, let me remind you of this:

This was Legacy's first blockade, about three months after a royal of Boo our Other Booched told us that we would never be allowed to hold an island. It was a multidrop (the drop by Insanely Uncooperative on the same island was simply a panic reaction by our JC, and something that we had to work around) against a flag that didn't seem to be too much above our level, and seemed like a good first target at the time, win or lose.

But instead of Chocolate Coated defending, Boo Our Other Booched, who were friendly with Chocolate Coated, dropped, and Chocolate Coated returned their wardec, making the blockade sinking. We were far from prepared to fight a flag like Boob in a sinking blockade and after making some greenie mistakes (like, entering a WF with medium cannonballs and discovering it too late, forcing the frig to walk all over the board or get sunk), Legacy pulled out.

The following weekend, Insanely Uncooperative stated that they would not defend Spectre. At that point, we had politely asked pretty much all the islandholding flags (well, those with outposts anyway) for a non-sinking blockade, and been told no. When we saw the chance to snipe an island where we would set the terms and be able to get a non-sinking defense blockade at least, we took it, and we didn't mind messing around and PvPing eachother in a flagsit. (Keep in mind that we were still a very new flag with very limited funds, very limited fleet and no previous governing experience.) Instead, Boo Our Other Booched dropped last minute, which could normally have been really nice, but... Remembering the week before, and seing Luxory (monarch of the defending flag, and quite capable of making the blockade sinking by accepting Boob's war dec) in Boob's (very limited) blockade staff, we were not interested in letting them catch up in jobbing. We were not interested in a potentially sinking blockade against the flag that had told us that we would never be allowed to hold islands, and with no guarantee whatsoever that they would return the favour if we let them catch up, and they later ended up outjobbing.

Vs, I'm not saying that you did anything wrong at any point, nor am I upset about the way that Legacy was greeted when we first entered the blockade scene, at least not any more, it helped us become the flag we are now. But at the same time, from a new flag's point of view and given the previous week, it shouldn't be too hard to understand that we didn't want even jobbing with the last minute 3P drop under those circumstances.

End of history lesson.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

[Aug 11, 2011 9:43:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Awww, cute dahl, you think we should all be little cookie cutter pirates, doing the same mindless things over and over and over :D

I do like this tidbit though:
dahl wrote: 
two weeks later, Terra got hit and Qvintus naved against RM. "We're not official allies so what I do doesn't concern you", lol, if people are this desperate for their 15 minutes of fame or 3 hours of cadenaving, you can be damn sure they'll be prepared for anything.

So desperate in fact, that they realized how to have fun by using their very own noggins, and not the same mock specimen of a brain everyone else seems to have thats been passed down over the years called 'this is how to play viridian properly'. Legacy already won its fame. Now theyre just getting fun. (Not fun for you? Too bad, Flags are meant to provide for themselves and their own interests, not the general publics')

And SuperAltperson- Most people who pretend to/do like legacy do have something to gain, you're absolutely correct. However, idiot school obviously didnt teach you that the top is very small. And everyone underneath the top, yeah, theyve kinda got something to gain. Jus sayin.

@Rich. Seriously dude? You're sniping me in-game. Im going to kill you.
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by LunEnvoy at Aug 11, 2011 10:43:31 AM]
[Aug 11, 2011 10:38:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

Sorry Lune, but when you support a flag and a flag supports you, it's rather "unusual" for the monarch to go nav for the opposing side. This is the kind of behaviour that makes people want to grab secret alts and pay back with the same coin.
[Aug 11, 2011 10:48:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Its obvious he was rather open about it. Yet you're retaliation is with secret alts. Woooo. Even my pregnant neighbor couldnt compete with your level of estrogen.

So the question thus becomes, if by some odd chance anyone really cares:

Would you prefer a flag that pisses people off by doing whatever they want when they want, but at least its all out there...

Or the sort of flag that follows all the rules. Except when noones looking. Tehehehe *winkyface*

yepp
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Aug 11, 2011 10:59:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
benrenshaw

Would you like me to literally say 'sarcasm'.
Captainben on Meridian
Basicx on Emerald
[Aug 11, 2011 1:02:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WenchCleo

Would you like me to literally say 'sarcasm'.

Yes, because sarcasm doesn't translate well in the written word. I apologize if I misunderstood your post.
Tikao of Viridian Meridian Ocean
Captain of Dark Horizon, Queen of Brink of Dawn

Martobain wrote: 
This thread is like a spanish soap series, I don't have a clue what they are saying and all the actors suck.

[Aug 11, 2011 1:11:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

A question for Young Mr Dahlgren on the High Horse, regarding Q's nav at Terra:

Is it really, REALLY looking for a fair and challenging fight when you're doing your best to deprive your opponent of navers, even the ones that normally aren't welcome on your side, knowing that their list is way too short as it is?

(Please note that this question is only for Dahlgren, since the royals of RM didn't cause any drama, but rather apologised for the misunderstanding.)
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

[Aug 11, 2011 2:41:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

This is such basic knowledge. I was told why I couldn't do what Q did and I will tell you what Pat told me.

When you're supporting someone, you're supposed to give them as much support as you possibly can. Even though they don't want you to nav for them, you gotta come and help them as a jobber. You can't support someone if you're naving for the other side.

Do not bring me this "They were short on navers" shit because let's be honest here, I could care fuck less about what they have on their list as long as it's not the guy I got out of bed at 6am for so I could support them. This is the kind of basic knowledge that is obviusly deprived the people that decided to try to walk the walk on their own.

But please, try to pretend like he naved for them to make it even and fair. I'm sure at least Drakodling will buy your shit.

Edit: Lune, I wouldn't touch a flag that's doing what Legacy is politically with 10 inch plyers if it was up to me. Anyone that has the attitude of "I'ma fuck you over because it's fun for me" is someone to steer clear of. I'm sorry but if you're so starved on navspots that you'd take one against your allies (YEAH I KNOW YOU'RE NOT OFFICIAL ALLIES SO IT DOESN'T COUNT YOU SENT THE INVITE AND THEY DECLINED IT LOLOLOLOL) then maybe I shouldn't be the one associated with high horses and descends. Maybe it should be you.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by warp11 at Aug 11, 2011 3:00:55 PM]
[Aug 11, 2011 2:56:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

Aren't you the guy that told a boat full of Spanish guys to go eat some tacos?

Cool.
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Aug 11, 2011 3:03:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Let's be honest here forums,

Are you taking one out of the Stephen Colbert playbook? Now nation, lets be honest here, Legacy is not a tough challenge, they let me XO and Elfeesh nav second, come on is this really a tough fight?

@Lune: What did I do to you that you must find the need to complain about?
Captainrich
[Aug 11, 2011 3:07:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 181   Pages: 7   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates