• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 19
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3899 times and has 18 replies Next Thread
Alladin25

Best places to shop

Hey everyone, since this game is a lot about commerce, i would like to know where to get the best deals for ships, bludgeons, swords, etc. i heard that lima was the best place for clothes and such, but i have no idea for anything else. All help would be appreciated :)
[Aug 8, 2011 7:12:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurtboss4

Re: Best places to shop

Bludgeons - Kirin
Swords - Dragon's Nest
Ships - Lima / Terra (occasionally)
Clothes - Lima / Terra
----------------------------------------
And, scene.
*lights out*
[Aug 8, 2011 7:51:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alladin25

thanks! ill check those out
[Aug 8, 2011 8:11:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sav_

Cheapest ships are usually at Laby. At Lima and Terra they are a lot more expensive.
[Aug 9, 2011 3:07:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurtboss4

I'd only know about Jade arch. Eh.
If you say so
And, scene.
*lights out*
[Aug 9, 2011 3:42:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marshie1

I also only know Jade. For clothes Kirin (where I also happen to have a tailor) is generally slightly cheaper than either Terra or Lima and supply time is a lot faster.

For furniture I have shopped around and occasionally found islands like Sakijima to be cheap and fast but other times Lima is cheaper but never fast.

Generally if the cost is important to you then you should shop around as costs don't stay constant for long.
Pierrot... on pretty much only Meridian

Bodice Rippers Ltd
A Subsidiary of Heaving Chests Inc
[Aug 9, 2011 4:22:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Wxfiend has some pretty cheap furnitures, and has most things in stock if not all. I believe one is on Kirin and the other on Hadrian. Tides of Change on Carmine has some of the cheaper ships around the ocean.
Captainrich
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hillsmen at Aug 9, 2011 8:46:29 AM]
[Aug 9, 2011 8:45:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Orick3

I agree with Furni being cheap and fast in Kirin. Just yesterday I bought a dresser for 900 poes + Dub with emidiate delivery. Other islans where 1500+

For Clothes, I'm a Terra fan myself.
Orick on the Viridian Ocean
Fleet Officer and Midshipman in the Pouncing Piranhas Crew
United We Stand Flag
[Aug 9, 2011 8:57:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kingnothing3

We have two tailor shoppes on Terra (Fade To Black, Bad Seed). We only sell off of the rack but we have some pretty cheap prices...we even guarantee our prices with a price match if someone else is selling the same thing cheaper off of their rack. Let me know if you have any questions, thanks.
Kingnothing

I guess it's time for you to hate me again.
Lets begin now hand me the pen.
How should I begin it and where does it all end.
My medicine ball, your in my medicine ball friends.
[Aug 9, 2011 10:25:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
M_Cobain

We have two tailor shoppes on Terra (Fade To Black, Bad Seed). We only sell off of the rack but we have some pretty cheap prices...we even guarantee our prices with a price match if someone else is selling the same thing cheaper off of their rack. Let me know if you have any questions, thanks.

Nobody cares about your tailor stalls, Kingnothing.
Martobain

YPPedia improved with Tom Cruise the Elephant (who's my friend and buddy) catalogue!
[Aug 9, 2011 3:05:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Captainrich
[Aug 9, 2011 3:57:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Aug 9, 2011 3:58:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
benrenshaw

Primark.
Captainben on Meridian
Basicx on Emerald
[Aug 9, 2011 3:58:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
black_beard7

Bludgeons - Kirin
Swords - Dragon's Nest
Ships - Lima / Terra (occasionally)
Clothes - Lima / Terra

Decided Id have a simple look and compare some of the islands you listed. Ive compared them mostly against Kirin as thats were I'm based.

Ships

2/21 ships were cheaper on Terra than Kirin and that was only small ships the Sloop and Dhow. Most ships on Kirin were typically many k's cheaper especially the larger ones.

Lima - 7 / 14 available ships were cheaper on Lima. However adding in the seven that's could be made if the large shipyard was run properly, brings it up to 7/21.

Small ships - better to buy from Lima and Terra. For your LE and larger ships Kirin is best - odd despite not spawning wood.

Bludgeons

Im going to use aqua/aqua as its the first in the list.

1 same price and 4 cheaper on Lima out of a possible 11.
Other 6 were cheaper on Kirin.

Kirin is typically cheaper however delivery times might be better on Lima.

Swords

Use blue/blue - first reasonably priced colour.

DN vs Kirin
Of the 15 swords, 5 were cheaper on DN compared to Kirin. Of the swords cheaper on DN typically it wasn't a large difference.

DN vs Lima
2/15 swords were cheaper on DN.

Lima is the overall winner here. I didnt compare it against Kirin but id guess it'd be cheaper.

Clothes
I just simply clicked on random items and compared across. I didnt take note but I found of Terra, Kirin and Lima the latter was typically cheaper.

Terras prices ranged from reasonable to absurd for some items. Lima had some noob stall owners who brought there overall average down, I'm not sure how they make a profit sometimes.

Best to shop around here, you might find one thing cheaper on one island.

Furni

Lima vs Kirin
Again it varied alot, I clicked on random things and compared prices. Sometimes either was cheaper. my only note was expensive furniture was typically slightly cheaper on Kirin.

No winner here. Kirins delivery times are alot better however.
Triggster.
On all oceans, but mainly Viridian.
Captain of Trigonometry. Lord and former royal of RiddleMakers.
[Aug 10, 2011 12:23:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurtboss4

I only buy Sloops via Shipyards, so that's why I pointed Lima. I think noone, or barely anyone except Flags, buy anything bigger than a WB via SY; so yeah, Lima for me.

I've always found Kirin to be the most cost efficient, since I pretty much buy every single Bludgeon when I go shopping for them.

I only tend to see Lima when a new sword comes out - which has only happened with the Katana / Dadao yet. Most of the times, I go to DN by default, as I have for the past 5 years, and see reasonable prices with immediate delivery. If there's a difference between Lima and DN, it's not anything absurd.

Terra would be best for 'Fancy' clothing, Lima for most 'Basic' lines - And yeah, the prices on Lima are extremely unstable.

Even though I didn't say anything about Furni, I've always went to Lima, so meh.
And, scene.
*lights out*
[Aug 11, 2011 9:27:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

I do what I can, when I can.

- Empathetic,
Still playing, here and there.
[Aug 11, 2011 7:55:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Nobody cares about your tall sailor, Kingnothing.

LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Aug 12, 2011 2:31:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

There is more than one arch on Viridian, you know ...

Laby tends to be quite cheap for ships. Swords and bludgeons depend on which minerals they use, but Jade is almost certainly the most expensive (most of the sword making minerals are from the other arches), except for leushite swords and bludgeons.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Aug 13, 2011 5:08:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NathanShawn

There is more than one arch on Viridian, you know ...

Also I would say Napi/Hadrian would be good places for ships aswell I'd think.

Napi/Laby would be good places for clothes? But clothes you can find a deal anywhere.
Nathanshawn:
Something of the crew Truth be Told.
Something else of the flag United we Stand.

~Hai ai r Nayfin, Ai ish a Polar Bear.~
[Aug 13, 2011 9:47:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates