• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 15
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7721 times and has 14 replies Next Thread
TheRack

Dormant Pirate's ships Reply to this Post

Depending on your crews rules, you don't go out floating around in other peoples boats.

It is outright banable to go stealing stock (or any other commodities) left in an unlocked ship.

But how dormant does a pirate have to be for this to change? What is the etiquette here? If a pirate is 5 years dormant but has personal use only written on the notice board, should the ship still be left alone? If you stumble across a crewbies ship containing sizeable amounts of commodities with the owner dormant a couple of months, is it fair game? Thoughts?
----------------------------------------
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

[Aug 7, 2011 5:40:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

Re: Dormant Pirate's ships Reply to this Post

But how dormant does a pirate have to be for this to change? What is the etiquette here? If a pirate is 5 years dormant but has personal use only written on the notice board, should the ship still be left alone? If you stumble across a crewbies ship containing sizeable amounts of commodities with the owner dormant a couple of months, is it fair game? Thoughts?

IMO, it is never okay to lift stock from a dormant pirate's ship. I have come across crew ships belonging to pirates who went dormant before I joined 4.5 years ago. If they are unlocked, I have no issue with using them (regardless of what's written in the bulletin board), but I always leave them parked back where I found them, and I always replace every item of stock I either use or lose in battle.

Now, if a pirate is deleted, then take the ship.
Pizzahutpete on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince, Super Awesomeness
SO, Boochin' Drunks

Pizzahutpete everywhere, thanks to the merge
[Aug 7, 2011 6:50:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

I think the way that pirate deletion happens is an indication of what OOO think is a reasonable time to take a dormant pirate's stuff.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Aug 7, 2011 8:20:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

The way Deletion happens??

Not sure i understand what ye mean Bob.
The Pirates owner has to delete the pirate??
Then the ship appears unlocked to fleet officers and above and shows the deed on the market bidding tab.
Fleet and above are able to remove that deed to their own inventory .

This was , in the early days.. so that Crews could use and retain their ships
.. ships stayed in the crew if ye changed crews too!!

I am unsure how ye think 000 deletes pirates ? So their ship's deeds end up on the market bid? That 000 has a policy of never removing ye belongings once ye have paid real $.
There is a lot of controversy over whether permanently Banned pirates should be deleted or have their belongings removed. As far as i know .. they are not removed unless the real life pirate deletes the pirate.. which would be hard to do if ye can't get in the client.
Deleteing the game .. for regular pirates.. does not remove ye or ye stuffs.

Am I missing something??
Wildsrose Of:
Cerulean, Meridian & Emerald

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Aug 7, 2011 9:41:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SRT0001

ya, i am ok with the "don't delete pirates who bought dubs"

I do think that deleted pirates should (after the last ban plea and the ban is final and has no chance of getting removed) that pirate should be deleted and thier ships (for example) should appear unlocked and have their deed in market bidding

Thats my opinion but if the ship isn't owned by me-- i'll use it and sometime port it at different islands but i always restock regardless and if they pirate ever did come back, i would have no problem paying to swabbie their ship back to whatever island it was originally at. but i never "steal" stock from dormant pirate's ships
--Purplebeard on Sage Ocean--
--Captain of the Crew "Search For Tomorrow"
--Prince of the Flag "Say No More"
[Aug 7, 2011 10:41:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

Non-protected (i.e. never subscribed or bought dubs) accounts are deleted after, I think, 60 days of inactivity. (Not sure exactly about the time period.)

Considering banned players' assets were quite probably acquired by cheating, those things should simply be removed from the game (after the ban is finalised), I think. That would be a nice PoE sink and help the dub exchange rate, too.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Aug 8, 2011 11:11:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SRT0001

Non-protected (i.e. never subscribed or bought dubs) accounts are deleted after, I think, 60 days of inactivity. (Not sure exactly about the time period.)

Considering banned players' assets were quite probably acquired by cheating, those things should simply be removed from the game (after the ban is finalised), I think. That would be a nice PoE sink and help the dub exchange rate, too.

Not all bans are for cheating

Example, someone is banned for w/e reason and find a way to come back, 2nd time around they play a perfectly honest game but get caught and banned for ban evasion-- there 2nd set of assets were legitimately earned and shouldn't get deleted but opened up for grabs like any deleted pirate's possessions

There are other "non-cheating" bans but this one is the most black and white of an honest game
--Purplebeard on Sage Ocean--
--Captain of the Crew "Search For Tomorrow"
--Prince of the Flag "Say No More"
[Aug 8, 2011 11:45:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
false_dmitri

Just use your best judgment. If they were your friend and you think they'd let you have what's in the hold if they were around, it's probably okay. Otherwise, leave it alone. You were all right without it up to now.

Using a ship also depends on the crew's policies. If it's a crew where sharing is expected, dormancy isn't relevant. If there are hard rules about not touching other people's ships, respect them. I personally don't mind a bit if someone uses any of my stocked ships for normal gameplay as long as it returns where it started with whatever was in the hold, provided they're not using it in ways that make their jobbers miserable. It doesn't matter to me if 1000 rum were lost and replaced.

On the other hand, I'd rather not have someone gamble with expensive custom ships in wartime without asking. That's tougher to replace than lost stock. Or at least it used to be. Now the biggest danger is losing the bottle before you know your ship was sunk.

But some people would be angry to know that the ship was used at all. Again, use your best judgment.
On hiatus. :(
[Aug 8, 2011 12:05:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethera21

My crew has a lot of empty ships that belong to long-dormant mates, which might have notes like "this is my ship for running commods, please don't move it" when the dormant pirate doesn't have shoppes anymore or "my pillage ship, minimum stock 50/250" when it's been sitting empty for 3 years. We use all of those freely. On the other hand ships with stock on them, even if the mates are dormant, we replace stock on them when we're done with them. Keeps it fair for the next person who might want to use the ship.
Aethera of Cobalt Cerulean
Princess of Maniacal Menagerie
Blockade staff on any ocean
[Aug 8, 2011 12:16:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

The way Deletion happens??

Not sure i understand what ye mean Bob.
The Pirates owner has to delete the pirate??
Then the ship appears unlocked to fleet officers and above and shows the deed on the market bidding tab.
Fleet and above are able to remove that deed to their own inventory .

This was , in the early days.. so that Crews could use and retain their ships
.. ships stayed in the crew if ye changed crews too!!

I am unsure how ye think 000 deletes pirates ? So their ship's deeds end up on the market bid? That 000 has a policy of never removing ye belongings once ye have paid real $.
There is a lot of controversy over whether permanently Banned pirates should be deleted or have their belongings removed. As far as i know .. they are not removed unless the real life pirate deletes the pirate.. which would be hard to do if ye can't get in the client.
Deleteing the game .. for regular pirates.. does not remove ye or ye stuffs.

Am I missing something??

Clean up your posting mess.
Bunnyspawn, Malachite's most arrogant player.

Also Bunnyspawn on Sage and Hunter;Disgraced on Viridian.

I support PvP in sinking environments.
[Aug 8, 2011 6:22:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

Clean up ye mess..

I did..
Seems some demon in the shape of a boy in red.. was making a lot of garbage.
Wildsrose Of:
Cerulean, Meridian & Emerald

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Aug 8, 2011 8:40:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yngve6

I wish this was true. I have two accounts that I can no longer access due to fb link bug. They where created in Febuary, last used them in March I think, but they are still very much alive :(
And i never bought dubs or subscribed. Even the pirates didn't get deleted.
Inghild on Meridian
Yngve on Emerald
[Aug 9, 2011 3:24:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethera21

Important misconception corrected: Accounts are never, ever deleted. Only Pirates are. If you logon to an unsubscribed account that you haven't used in a few months, you'll be asked to create a new pirate, but it won't refuse to recognize the account.

My greenie accounts do seem to get cleared out on a semi-regular basis. I wouldn't say a standard 3 weeks or 4 or whatever but I do get emails periodically when I let them go dormant, and I have recreated green pirates on a couple of accounts many times.
Aethera of Cobalt Cerulean
Princess of Maniacal Menagerie
Blockade staff on any ocean
[Aug 9, 2011 7:06:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jazzmania

What I have done with stock of vessels owned by players inactive for over a year is sell it, put the poe in crew's coffers and leave a message on the vessels message board.
This is reasonable in my opinion, but I guess other see that different. Also the stock aboard such a vessel could have been bought/won by someone completely different than the (dormant) owner, so I make sure to check the vessel's history, though that doesnt go back that far.
Viktorius on Emerald

Its the cadefun, not the island
[Aug 12, 2011 6:12:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
false_dmitri

If you think they won't raise a storm about it when they return, it's reasonable. There's no one size fits all rule here, except that the least amount of action is the least likely to cause problems.
On hiatus. :(
[Aug 12, 2011 5:13:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates