• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 42
Posts: 42   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6880 times and has 41 replies Next Thread
sheridyn

watch this cheat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSx9jCPdkLQ

look at the blocks, how they change colour, may i ask the jury, is this fair?
----------------------------------------
--- Banned ----

Avatar done by the lovely Raquaetta
[Aug 3, 2011 8:53:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
5017A

Re: watch this cheat

It's not cheating. I changed the colours of each individual Treasure Haul coin.
[Aug 3, 2011 9:11:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

It's not a cheat, there's actually options to change the colours of pieces in certain puzzles if you would for example be colour blind. (There's options to change colours if your non-colour blind aswell tho...)
Sincerely
[Aug 3, 2011 9:23:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ichlet8

Is what fair? That his blocks are prettier? Who cares. Aesthetics have no effect on puzzle mechanics. Close your eyes, imagine the prettiest blocks that your jealous mind can generate, and then transfer your imagination to your puzzle. There. You are cheating too now.

Also, not that it's any of your business, but Motou changed the colors because of his vision. He can't see the what color the pieces will turn when they are 2nd and 3rd turn gray. It has nothing to do with showing off.
~Ichigokuro, Viridian

It's disgusting how little that you try;
the existential equivalent of pink eye.
[Aug 3, 2011 9:26:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Cephalopod has posted numerous times (example) that this is prohibited and this is cheating. Don't do it.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Aug 3, 2011 9:28:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

Cephalopod has posted numerous times (example) that this is prohibited and this is cheating. Don't do it.

If I got this right you are talking about the background art colourthat changed a while back?

This thread is in regards of the different drop colours that is showed in the video.
Sincerely
[Aug 3, 2011 9:31:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Ceph has posted numerous times it is considered editing game files, which is against the ToS. Because of the reality that people have visual disabilities and OOO cannot discriminate against people who have such disabilities makes this a gray area.

I for one do have a visual disability which prevents me from picking details out and if anyone wants to see my CNIB card at any time, I'll upload a picture of it to prove it, so I changed the file to be coloured in so I can see the stencils in the grayed blocks. I've tried playing without the edit, and it doesn't affect my knowledge or ability in the puzzle, but slows me down and puts more strain no myself as I try to decipher the pieces.

Personally, I think they always should have been this way, for convenience, but oh well.

You really do love that post Lj =)

Edit: Just looked at who the OP was and I chuckled. A banned player, banned for cheating in swordfighting asking if this is a cheat, brilliant.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Setsusa at Aug 3, 2011 9:36:18 PM]
[Aug 3, 2011 9:33:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sheridyn

Was banned for hacking someones account, you say it slows you down, without been harsh i say tough cookie, its unfair to players sfing you, you say its so you can see the stencils of the gray blocks, then why not have them a colour that isnt used in sf, such as white purple or orange?
--- Banned ----

[Aug 3, 2011 9:43:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ichlet8

You were banned during OCL background checks while applying with End's team. Mods were detected on your account. Good try.

So, you'd be happy with random purple and orange colors, but not with him slightly altering the existing colors? lolokayicicic
~Ichigokuro, Viridian

[Aug 3, 2011 9:46:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Changing the gray stencils to show red as orange, green as purple, blue as gold and yellow as bronze would be fine. Making the file itself just a colour block instead of the image would be fine and have the same effect, it would just be visually unappealing. And truthfully, in the photo editing software, copying the colour of the existing pieces and flooding the sprinkle pieces with it was easier than picking a new colour, and made more sense.

Without being harsh, considering you are banned for whatever reason, I will take your advice with zero grains of salt, hope you don't mind.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Aug 3, 2011 9:50:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sheridyn

Ocl background checks, while on ends team we won the final and it was my team, learn your facts, reason i was banned was account theft, search my name on the forum search and you will see. Im not saying random colours, im saying the colours shouldnt change while everyone else who sfs doesnt see these until they turn into blocks, that is the point of sending in an sf, seeing the colour of a block is alot more than a "stencil"
--- Banned ----

[Aug 3, 2011 9:51:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

I think you need a reading comprehension class. I would put it in capital letters, but that'd be annoying so I will just repeat myself in list form.

I have a vision disability.

I cannot see the stencils in the gray, normal pieces.

Thus I changed the colour so I can play on a fair field.

Get it?

The point isn't how you were banned though, it's that you were banned. Period. And the fact you are looking up youtube videos of swordfighting and posting that you have a problem with it almost guarantees you are ban evading, unless your ban was lifted.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Aug 3, 2011 9:55:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

Ocl background checks, while on ends team we won the final and it was my team, learn your facts, reason i was banned was account theft, search my name on the forum search and you will see. Im not saying random colours, im saying the colours shouldnt change while everyone else who sfs doesnt see these until they turn into blocks, that is the point of sending in an sf, seeing the colour of a block is alot more than a "stencil"

You're missing the fact that it's still exactly the same, minus the color variation that gives him no advantage whatsoever. He sees what piece the block is the same exact time we do.
Bunnyspawn, Malachite's most arrogant player.

Also Bunnyspawn on Sage and Hunter;Disgraced on Viridian.

I support PvP in sinking environments.
[Aug 3, 2011 10:00:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sheridyn

If he see's it when we do then why they change colours beforehand defeats the object. I think hes playing on his disability.....
--- Banned ----

[Aug 3, 2011 10:04:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

If he see's it when we do then why they change colours beforehand defeats the object. I think hes playing on his disability.....

I think you are a ditz that doesn't realize what it's like to have a disability because you have never had one. I literally, 100% cannot see the stencils in the grayed out pieces without leaning into the screen and squinting. You tell me, is that fair?

No, I didn't think so.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Aug 3, 2011 10:07:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ichlet8

He sees the way we do AFTER he changes it. He is at an extreme disadvantage BEFORE he changed it. He did it to counteract his worse vision and be able to play the puzzle like the rest of us. Should we remove wheelchair ramps from the world while we're at it? Those darn rolly chair people using their disability to avoid stairs!
~Ichigokuro, Viridian

[Aug 3, 2011 10:08:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sheridyn

Nobody can see the pieces in the grey blocks, you aren't meant to.
--- Banned ----

[Aug 3, 2011 10:09:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Face. Palm. The second phase when the stencil appears, smartypants. I cannot see the stencil. I seriously thought I said that in 3 of 5 posts.

Are you in a good educational system? Your reading skills seem to be at a grade one level.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Aug 3, 2011 10:11:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ichlet8

from http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Swordfight

Maybe if you spent less time hacking and more time learning the mechanics even the ables are aware of, you'd realize what you said is untrue and kind of shocking for someone who only played swordfight.
~Ichigokuro, Viridian

[Aug 3, 2011 10:12:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

This is precisely the change that Cephalopod confirmed is not allowed. If you have a disability, you're supposed to get explicit permission. And I sympathize with the visual difficulties. Unlike most people, I've actually had a needle to the eye. :)
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Aug 3, 2011 10:15:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sheridyn

Stop saying i hack, please ask an OM as i never have used one. The picture below isnt what im on about, in his video on the 3rd stage you can see what colour it is going to change too. And motou, i am on my ipod and do not care for grammar tbh
--- Banned ----

[Aug 3, 2011 10:16:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ichlet8

tbh ur dum n fat n stuped n u hak w/e u r cheet n colur chang purpl wtfbbqlol
~Ichigokuro, Viridian

[Aug 3, 2011 10:18:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

Stop saying i hack, please ask an OM as i never have used one. The picture below isnt what im on about, in his video on the 3rd stage you can see what colour it is going to change too. And motou, i am on my ipod and do not care for grammar tbh

You're ridiculously thickheaded.
Bunnyspawn, Malachite's most arrogant player.

Also Bunnyspawn on Sage and Hunter;Disgraced on Viridian.

I support PvP in sinking environments.
[Aug 3, 2011 10:18:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

I do what I can, when I can.

- Empathetic,
Still playing, here and there.
[Aug 3, 2011 10:19:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Well, we tried explaining it to you, but I suppose I will just ignore you, you are banned and aren't supposed to be here afterall.

The stupid comment was about your ability to read and comprehend what everyone was saying to you, not about your writing.

To Sweetiepipi: Yes, he did, and yes, I have. However, despite the official word, it's kind of gray, but meh.

For once I have to agree with Bunny :S
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Aug 3, 2011 10:20:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sheridyn

--- Banned ----

[Aug 3, 2011 10:23:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Too late to go for the LOLTROLD.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Aug 3, 2011 10:26:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Darknesse7

Was banned for hacking someones account, you say it slows you down, without been harsh i say tough cookie, its unfair to players sfing you, you say its so you can see the stencils of the gray blocks, then why not have them a colour that isnt used in sf, such as white purple or orange?

Eh?
[Aug 4, 2011 1:23:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chillii

I think you are a ditz that doesn't realize what it's like to have a disability because you have never had one. I literally, 100% cannot see the stencils in the grayed out pieces without leaning into the screen and squinting. You tell me, is that fair?

No, I didn't think so.

No, no I think that might not be true.
Chillii.
[Aug 4, 2011 4:48:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Abandonment

^ well played
Priapus/Guantanamo
[Aug 4, 2011 4:59:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 42   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates