• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 70
Posts: 70   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9643 times and has 69 replies Next Thread
Kamuflaro

Re: Legacy (You're So Cute)

Solate has been removed from yer hearty list.

Why was he even on the list? You liked him? Get over it guys. :(

That was the server message he got as he removed me, which he also pasted to me. If I'm pasting a conversation, I'm pasting the complete thing, not selectively editing so it looks better. I don't need to do that.

Wasn't exactly directed to you, well the 3rd sentence was.
What I mean is don't let politics diminish your heartylists, except well... except they never were your hearties to begin with lol
----------------------------------------
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Jul 31, 2011 4:09:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

You know what this calls for?

I do what I can, when I can.

- Empathetic,
Still playing, here and there.
[Jul 31, 2011 8:22:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ameranth

Wasn't exactly directed to you, well the 3rd sentence was.
What I mean is don't let politics diminish your heartylists, except well... except they never were your hearties to begin with lol

Yeah, this forum not being set up to include the name of the poster in a quote tag does tend to make things confusing sometimes. It's long been a gripe of mine. :)

That said, I only use my hearty list for tracking GM+ for jobbing, so someone being on or off it isn't a big deal to me, but if he wanted to remove me over our flags being at war, then that's his right. I don't really mind either way.
Ameranth of Viridian Meridian
Senior Officer of Nightmare, Prince of Legacy
[Jul 31, 2011 9:09:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randy_chimp

Eeeeh.... You might just be trolling me but in that case, fine, I'll take the bait.

When we asked Whiterose, Anchovia, Melany, Shezzy and Dalnoth to JC for us

This was all I really bothered to read for your post. To the first part, yeah, Chip's written 10 or so coherently thought out posts with good points in the two threads that you have sidestepped continuously, but HE'S TROLLING. No, you're just retarded. (Crap I said retarded does that mean Subtle Tease can't get a friendly kade anymore? Sorry Anch.)

Then, you are like "HMMM WE HAVE ONE LANDSTAFF AND HE'S NOT AMAZING....Well, since this is Viridis we better ask Whiterose, Anchovia, Melany, people who JC almost every weekend cause that's the kind of staff we need at Viridis against a small flag in a friendly blockade!"

Seriously, you need to grow some emotional balls and be able to take someone bringing up a 3p that affected a blockade in a very negative way. He has a right to be pissed off about it, and he was pretty kind when he stated it in the logs you showed in the other thread, so your excuses of "They weren't friendly, they were asking for it" is pathetic.

Furthermore, all this crap from all of your flag's representatives saying "We only do friendly blockades in our pond, which is Dendrite" is a bag of shit. Viridis is just as crappy of an island if not more crappy than Dendrite. There is no reason you should be handling a Viridis cade against an inexperienced flag in a must win manner, you should be using it to have fun or train in flag staff even if you don't like the people you are against for whatever irrational reason.

Your attitude on the forums is pathetic, and your actions in game are too. You have proclaimed you wish to help new flags, and then you shatter them because they were pissed about something they should be pissed about, and because it's Viridis.

But yeah. We're all trolling you, you saying to Shadowy "Let's have a fun kade" right after he asks for a friendly kade and then going sinking 2 minutes pre because "Q doesn't like him" is cool.

Remember that parenting thing? Yeah. LOWBLOW.

Edit 2: I am agreeing with the sentiment that teaching attitude is as important as teaching them blockading skills. I am not agreeing with any treatment of how people have acted towards Legacy and feel that Legacy act very appropriately, I am just putting forward the idea that perhaps they could be even better.

This really hurts me but... I agree with this. While I understand why Legacy was in a bad mood from the way the other flag acted, that's the way some losing flags act unfortunately. I have been on the winning side and experienced people hating and flaming for no reason other than they are bad at blockading and you aren't and flags on the losing side and how they continue to act is one of the reasons I am on the fence about returning to the Blockade scene right now.

Legacy by no means have to play nice after the horrible treatment they are receiving right now from most of the ocean for no reason, however I do agree with the sentiment that teaching people to blockade isn't just about giving them skills on the board, it's about helping to give them the right attitude. I admit that when I started to experience people flaming me that eventually I reacted to the pressure but I don't think that did much other than allow them to justify their twisted actions and piss them off even more.

The biggest thing that I would say to most of the ocean that trolls against Legacy and RM is that they are two flags who truly know what it means to be blockaders in my mind. They treat a blockade as a blockade, if you want to get on with them then do the same. Forget about the islands and do things for the fun of it and you won't care about losing as much. I am sure that people are going to post here claiming that they already do that but step back and think of the reasons why you are blockading, is it for fun or the islands?

KO seem to want islands and glory but the challenge is central to that for them too, so I'll half throw in that flag.

Edit: Changed most flags act that way to some
Edit 2: Edited for some clarification on what I'm agreeing with
Dachimpy.com (video tutorials website)
Blockade Simulator
[Edit 2 times, last edit by randy_chimp at Aug 1, 2011 1:56:10 AM]
[Jul 31, 2011 11:28:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fishn_rox

This really hurts me but... I agree with this. While I understand why Legacy was in a bad mood from the way the other flag acted, that's the way most losing flags act unfortunately. I have been on the winning side and experienced people hating and flaming for no reason other than they are bad at blockading and you aren't and flags on the losing side and how they continue to act is one of the reasons I am on the fence about returning to the Blockade scene right now.

Legacy by no means have to play nice after the horrible treatment they are receiving right now from most of the ocean for no reason, however I do agree with the sentiment that teaching people to blockade isn't just about giving them skills on the board, it's about helping to give them the right attitude. I admit that when I started to experience people flaming me that eventually I reacted to the pressure but I don't think that did much other than allow them to justify their twisted actions and piss them off even more.

The biggest thing that I would say to most of the ocean that trolls against Legacy and RM is that they are two flags who truly know what it means to be blockaders in my mind. They treat a blockade as a blockade, if you want to get on with them then do the same. Forget about the islands and do things for the fun of it and you won't care about losing as much. I am sure that people are going to post here claiming that they already do that but step back and think of the reasons why you are blockading, is it for fun or the islands?

KO seem to want islands and glory but the challenge is central to that for them too, so I'll half throw in that flag.

+1 in bold.
Cheers, Plano.

Ye told Hera, "Since you have such GREAT taste... do you think you could fix our beloved Lima Inn? :P"
Hera tells ye, "I'm not brave enough for that!"

Apollo tells ye, "Can I be your butler?"
[Aug 1, 2011 12:17:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randy_chimp

Just for the record I have been in Legacy/RMs position before and will admit that I eventually cracked and gave into the flamers too and became part of the 'evil crowd'. So I am by no means trying to act better than them although I would like to think that I learned from that experience.
Dachimpy.com (video tutorials website)
Blockade Simulator
[Aug 1, 2011 12:33:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
muppman

I do agree with the sentiment that teaching people to blockade isn't just about giving them skills on the board, it's about helping to give them the right attitude.

Ohh.. that is what we are doing, mate. What Fast Forward just experienced was tough Love, At the first of our 2 Viridis cades my goal was to let them win. I did the best I could to let them win, they lost 1 round to a 3P and then they lost another because they tried to send in used ships. At every bump in the road they wanted to pull out. I lowered pay, I held jobbing, I did what I could to make them keep fighting. When they finally lost despite my efforts, they started raging that they had been oh so much better but only lost because of Proof's single war frig. They even took it so far that they claimed that Proof's WF was there on my initiative. At this point it became obvious to me that apart from learning how to blockade, Fast Forward was in a desperate need of learning how to lose and since experience is the best teacher, they should consider this lesson one. And you know what I think they might have to repeat this lecture a few times because they sure haven't improved.

PS. If anyone disagrees with my teaching methods you are more than welcome to home school these kids at your islands. DS.
/Qvintus, First mate of Nightmare and King of Legacy
[Edit 1 times, last edit by muppman at Aug 1, 2011 2:12:22 AM]
[Aug 1, 2011 2:11:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shipsitter1

I do agree with the sentiment that teaching people to blockade isn't just about giving them skills on the board, it's about helping to give them the right attitude.

Ohh.. that is what we are doing, mate. What Fast Forward just experienced was tough Love, At the first of our 2 Viridis cades my goal was to let them win. I did the best I could to let them win, they lost 1 round to a 3P and then they lost another because they tried to send in used ships. At every bump in the road they wanted to pull out. I lowered pay, I held jobbing, I did what I could to make them keep fighting. When they finally lost despite my efforts, they started raging that they had been oh so much better but only lost because of Proof's single war frig. They even took it so far that they claimed that Proof's WF was there on my initiative. At this point it became obvious to me that apart from learning how to blockade, Fast Forward was in a desperate need of learning how to lose and since experience is the best teacher, they should consider this lesson one. And you know what I think they might have to repeat this lecture a few times because they sure haven't improved.

PS. If anyone disagrees with my teaching methods you are more than welcome to home school these kids at your islands. DS.

^Like^
Do i really need one?

~~~Shipsit~~~
[Aug 1, 2011 3:15:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Narcissag

Say's the person who wasn't even there, and blindly follows her flaggies, who go like this: : ) against the one person and then like this: : S against the other one. If you catch what I'm fishing at?

Oh I missed this one...I'm not against you, I'm against your flaggies childish attitude...

Against you i don't have anything i even liked you. And if you said im :D and :S to other's that is really weird becouse i think everyone know im one of the persons i dont give a crap to look bad to others, i always stayed in one line, and that line is with Avi and Q.
If you dont know before Legacy started i was on VG and i move there following Avi and Q, we come together from Sailor D'lights so yeah ...

Don't said stuff you dont know nothing about.
Narci

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
[Aug 1, 2011 3:16:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
2NDSKY

And you know what I think they might have to repeat this lecture a few times because they sure haven't improved.

We would improve given better circumstances. Going full out on an outpost blockade, where one flag last second returns the war dec and then focuses on the sinking of ships only, is not a good training ground in my opinion.

You forget that Fast Forward doesn't blockade because we want islands. We do it because we like to blockade, and because we have a lot of people who want to get into blockading. There was a reason I wanted this blockade against Legacy. I exspected a well contested blockade on both sides, where I would of had been using 50% experienced navers and 50% unexperienced ones. Unfortunatly in my opinion these weren't the right conditions to let them nav.

We can take a beating, no reason to hold back. I'd rather have a flag using their best navers, and giving their best effort to beat the sh!t out of us then 'trying' to let us win. It's how you advance.
Going for sinks only against a small flag is something I don't see any use for. Neither side will get anything out of it, other then a pride contest.

To Narci, the : ) and : S wasn't directed at you.

Let's just keep it at this, no need to keep this dragging on. It was Legacy's full right to make it sinking, although I don't approve of it for previous stated reasons.
Shadowie on Obsidian
[Aug 1, 2011 8:31:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 70   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates