• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 16
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3458 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
warp11

Who let Stankowski do the customer service? Reply to this Post

This is Stankowski.

Now, dear Parley, I have a wonderful story to entail to ye about two degenerates, someone handling customer service and what I'm assuming a large amount of herbs.

A couple of weeks ago I had this kid I knew 2 years ago before he got banned log on and say hi. I can't mention his name on the forums like this because the obvius incompetence that has been displayed here makes me want to stay on the rug, but I digress. Anyway, we'll call him S, S logs on and tells me that all along he has been this player called B, ban evading for almost 2 years. I have known this all along and complained him for it and gotten the response that "don't worry, if he's truly a thug he'll step outta line again and get capped".

Today, I had acquintance #2 called "T" log on and tell me that he too got unbanned after getting banned for bilgebotting 2 years ago in the big sweep. All along he's been ban evading on this other character that I have known about and complained for with the similar answer.

So far this story seems pretty dull right, but here's the funny twist to it. Both these players have, as they have generously let me know been unbanned by complaining their own ban evading accounts for ban evading. Now I'm wondering, whoever is dealing with these things. What on earth have you been smoking. They commit a bannable offense, get caught, admit to ban evading for an extended period of time and you're just like "aight, these seem like good decent people that have only broken like 10 of our rules".

So let's discuss, what has our divine guardians been sticking up the bong this time?
----------------------------------------
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Jul 22, 2011 6:02:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cxm22

Re: Who let Stankowski do the customer service? Reply to this Post

After playing the game for 2 years with a clean record besides evasion, I think that it makes sense to un-ban the player.
Therealblass/Lawlcrackers of Hunter
[Jul 22, 2011 6:18:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
slimshaded

Pretty Much heres what is going through the mind of OOO.

OOO is a business.

Whenever they see the chance to make money or see someone who brings in money to them, they could care less about what the person has done unless they are making money or out of the chance of losing money.

Face it, now a days, people only get banned for things like harrassment or temp. banned for botting.

My Story to back this up:

Person A had been playing Puzzle Pirates for 3 Years. He was a good player and put money into the company through subscribing. He got banned for botting around the time when a ton of people got banned from the bilge bot. He Ban evaded and put money back into OOO even when OOO could tell who he was by e-mail and forums. He got unbanned for his ban plead saying he put money into the company.

Now Person B had been playing since the beginning of Viridian. He didn't put a dollar into OOO pockets. He gets banned for the bilge bot. He doesn't get unbanned. He ban evades under the same circumstances as Person A. He is now living his live banned.
(True Story)

Just Face it, OOO is run by lazy people that want money. Welcome to the Business World. Money = Happy People.
Badguy
[Jul 22, 2011 6:28:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Amburwashere

I always thought evasion was a reason to be permanently banned though.. And it would have to depend what the player did to become banned in the first place.

Like HAY I got banned then cheated the system to keep playing instead of serving my sentence for 2 years. Instead of doing the right thing, which would have been to stay off the game, you didn't and they are supposed to reward you for that now? Doh.
Ambur
Hunter and Viridian Ocean
Banned on 9-29-11
[Jul 22, 2011 6:30:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    amburPP@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

After playing the game for 2 years with a clean record besides evasion, I think that it makes sense to un-ban the player.

Yeah man, last time I checked a clean record was getting banned for bilgebotting and then ban evading for 2 years.

By the way, you should probably get crackin' on that Novice/Able bilge because it makes my arguement look very strong in comparision to yours.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by warp11 at Jul 22, 2011 6:32:59 PM]
[Jul 22, 2011 6:31:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cxm22

I started working on it but got lazy. I'll hop to it when I get the chance. I've actually bilged on CIs after I heard about the alligator release, so that's that. I don't puzzle much anymore if you haven't noticed.

Also for Ambur, why would you not want another person playing your game that could potentially make you money? In my situation, it is very unlikely that I will do anything against the TOS again, so there really isn't too many reasons to keep me banned.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by cxm22 at Jul 22, 2011 7:00:18 PM]
[Jul 22, 2011 6:58:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

Oh, so since you have pretty much consistently broken the ToS everytime you logged on for approximatly 3 years you are unlikely to do so again.

I don't know who does these assumptions, but I want an ounce of whatever they're smoking.
[Jul 22, 2011 8:00:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cxm22

2 years, not 3. You should get your facts right. And it was just a single rule that was harmless to the community.
[Jul 22, 2011 8:06:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

2 years, not 3. You should get your facts right. And it was just a single rule that was harmless to the community.

Oh I was counting the year you bilgebotted too.
[Jul 22, 2011 8:10:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

What really gets me here is the inconsistency. Most people seem to get permanent bans for evading. It doesn't make sense that some people are allowed to evade and are then welcomed back. Either say that evasion is fine, or apply the rule consistently.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Jul 23, 2011 4:00:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ALF71BE

What really gets me here is the inconsistency. Most people seem to get permanent bans for evading. It doesn't make sense that some people are allowed to evade and are then welcomed back. Either say that evasion is fine, or apply the rule consistently.

Well, you know, we have a very creative and imaginative game.

Makes sense that it's ran by inconsistent people.
Thomas Aquinas, on playing Y!PP:

"All that I have played seems like straw to me."

[Jul 23, 2011 9:18:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Amburwashere

Also for Ambur, why would you not want another person playing your game that could potentially make you money? In my situation, it is very unlikely that I will do anything against the TOS again, so there really isn't too many reasons to keep me banned.

I don't want someone on the game who is willing to cheat through botting, and throwing off the puzzling system with false achievement. Makes it harder for the real puzzlers, such as myself to rank up. I think the lowest scum players in this game are the ones who bot, and its a real shame that they would ever let them back onto the game.

You say its very unlikely that you'd ever do anything against the ToS again, but it's not like you are going to tell us if you were. How do we know you might not be willing to do some sort of bot again? Once a cheater, always a cheater. That's all I have to say about this situation.
Ambur
Hunter and Viridian Ocean
Banned on 9-29-11
[Jul 23, 2011 2:32:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    amburPP@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
bronzebeard

They've always let some people get away with things while punishing others. Consistently inconsistent.
Peglegpaul
Now on Obsidian!
[Jul 23, 2011 4:03:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elbeejay

So on top of being let back on to their bilge botting characters, these former ban evaders and bilge botters get to have the fruits of their bilge botting "labor" now since those pirates are unbanned thus allowing their former assets to be accessed?

I'm not sure why this whole thing isn't striking everybody as incredibly wrong.
-Elbee on Hunter, Sage, Viridian, and Malachite
[Jul 26, 2011 2:12:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

There's several possible conclusions you can draw:

The OMs are incompetent and inconsistent;
The OMs are doing their best, but there aren't enough of them to deal with the problem and catch everyone;
The measures in place to enforce bans are insufficient;
Some people are very determined to evade their bans, and sneaky enough to do so.

I'm sure there are many out there who think that if you can successfully evade a ban, you deserve to play the game again. I'm not one of them.
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Jul 27, 2011 12:07:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bakaman93

Or all of the above.
[Jul 28, 2011 10:13:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates