• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 84
Posts: 84   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10252 times and has 83 replies Next Thread
kennedhaahr

Re: Jubilee Market Bidding

Shawe, players put the effort into that island for years to keep bidding prices stable and favorable. Nobody needs the price to go up because someone's making uninformed or impatient bids.

i agree that bidding high is stupid but isn't that just the power of the free market or has viridian turned into russia/china ????

if stupid people do stupid bids then let them its a free world. and its how the powers of the market works!!!
----------------------------------------
--- Vanhaahr ---

- THE HUNTER VIKING
- founding father and Captain of Warlords
- founding father and former captain of EVOF
- founding father and former monarch of ygdrasill.

http://warlords.puzzlepirates.dk (Warlords crew website)
Http//p
[Edit 1 times, last edit by kennedhaahr at Jul 13, 2011 10:25:32 AM]
[Jul 13, 2011 10:24:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://EVOF.puzzlepirates.dk [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

In fact, what you seem to be advocating comes dangerously close to "price fixing" which is frowned on in most market economies.

Price fixing on primary commodities helps everyone. Commodities are not a market economy because production does not increase in response to bid prices (it does respond to end user use prices but that is different).
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Jul 13, 2011 11:22:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ameranth

I'm sorry but not everyone follows Cobalt and knows every player there, it's just something you're going to have to get used to until you're better known on Viridian.

There's really no excuse for not knowing all the Cobalt players, after all there's only 7 people on the entire ocean.

Zing! :D
Ameranth of Viridian Meridian
Senior Officer of Nightmare, Prince of Legacy
[Jul 13, 2011 3:43:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
draton

As much as I get your point about someone being a douchebag with the bidding, what is this thread but an invitation to get the market bidding trolled to all hell? :/
Glacial - Meridian
Hielo - Emerald
Starscream - Obsidian

Nemesis says, "I think I found the problem."
Nemesis says, "You're a Decepticon."
Starscream says, "I've changed :("
Nemesis says, "They all say that.
[Jul 13, 2011 3:46:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

Luxory wrote: 
Seepnah wrote: 
Maybe, just maybe people would rather not war dec a flag with 'Alts' in it.

To expand on Seepnahs point, had I of not read the forums often I also would've presumed you was all alt players, I'm sorry but not everyone follows Cobalt ...

Down memory lane, Luxory of Cobalt and this related vintage whine. In good fun, enjoy.
Sverdrup, CPTN of Schroedinger's Cat, Heisenberg's Uncertainty, Meridian
[Jul 13, 2011 4:23:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Abandonment

Luxory wrote: 
Seepnah wrote: 

To expand on Seepnahs point, had I of not read the forums often I also would've presumed you was all alt players, I'm sorry but not everyone follows Cobalt ...

Down memory lane, Luxory of Cobalt and this related vintage whine. In good fun, enjoy.

Talk about opening a can of Sardinez worms.
Priapus/Guantanamo
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Abandonment at Jul 13, 2011 6:46:20 PM]
[Jul 13, 2011 6:45:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Luxory

Luxory wrote: 
Seepnah wrote: 

I don't mind going to war with everyone from Cobalt, infact I'll make a flag just so you can.

I do however love this, "someone disagrees with me, i'll try and get a insult thrown in" approach you seem to have.
Luxory on Obsidian.
Aristoza flag royalty chats, "Ro initiated all the greenies by getting them on one big ship and sinking them all at once"
Positive Penguins
[Jul 13, 2011 10:49:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shut123

Galene wrote: 
Reason for edit: Please note the Forum Rules state:

Be respectful and polite. Use of the forums is a privilege, not a right. Bans on the forums will now be permanent. Some of the things which are not allowed to be posted on the forums are:
- Foul and offensive language, the forums should reflect the same standards as the game. If it's filtered in the game, then it should be filtered on the forums.

I've had to edit several posts here. Please note this includes quoting-just because somebody else broke the rules is not license to continue doing so. Please filter it appropriately or remove the word before you quote. ~Galene

Galene and the Gods: May I imply from your edits here that the word "barbacle" in its unfiltered version is unacceptable on the forums, but that the signature of Seepnah, that you chose not to edit, is neither foul nor offensive? Or is obscene a different and acceptable standard?

This guy >.>
Amin

Sons of Odin
Corruption
[Jul 13, 2011 11:10:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Oh please Sverdrup Lux was just doing you a favor you do need to learn a bit more about blockading before throwing disgusting comments such as "All mates of Heisenberg's Uncertainty .. please job for Knockout ... I do not appreciate the way the way that RM is showing off their wealth by sinking thesmelves ... disgusting ... they are the ones who should pay their jobbers more" in the middle of the blockade in the other flag chat; if you sat and actually used your head you would understand sometimes is less costly to sink your own ship than have them stuck an entire round break in the board or ditw with no cbs.

Use it, it was given for a reason.
Roseh

[Jul 13, 2011 11:15:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Rose wins.
Captainrich
[Jul 14, 2011 8:53:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
the_rock99

Two turntables and a microphone.
Greatness.
Better than you.
[Jul 14, 2011 5:44:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
M_Cobain

Just clap your hands, just clap your hands?
Martobain

YPPedia improved with Tom Cruise the Elephant (who's my friend and buddy) catalogue!
[Jul 15, 2011 6:14:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

Luxory wrote: 
I don't mind going to war with everyone from Cobalt, infact I'll make a flag just so you can.

<3
Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Jul 15, 2011 9:04:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marick68

I just Lol'd at this whole thread. Thanks for the laugh.
Grg on Cobalt
Grg on Sage

Also on every other ocean.

Long live the Great Cacti Power!

Offical member of the Oceanus Stalking Armored Division 2, and the Hera Floating Division 2

"Hera stalks Grg!"
[Jul 15, 2011 10:17:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

Subject: Jubilee Bidding, RM-KO, Chatlogs
Sender: Sverdrup
Sent Date: Jul 15, 2011 3:39:04 PM
To: MimiLinda

Rose:

First, I do give you permission to post all chat-logs and personal messages (past, present, and future) that you may have from me in perpetuity ;-)

Second, and this is my only real goal here: please lets try to be civil ... it will serve us all better in the long run as a community of pirates.

And third, I like to give you lots of credit, that you actually noticed my statement switching sides during a 20 Mil/round blockade with 500 pirates to each side and the associated spam. Pirates have emotions and passions. Emotions and passions shape politics. If the calculus of our heads is not complemented with the emotions and passions of our hearts, we'd all be bots. And fighting bots is rather boring, would you not agree?

~Sverdrup ... who has no problem being a village idiot

P.S.: And that excursion of "Domination" to Cobalt that you, Martobain, Luxory, and many other prominent Viridian/Sage players were part of, well, it was that very excursion that turned many of us Cobaltians into Viridians. Talking about unintended consequences ... life is fun, and we really, really like it here on Viridian once we got, as Ivdripper said so eloquently, past the Viridiots. Calling us 'alts' as your former King Seepnah did, well, we are able to express ourselves both on the forum and with the ships, rum, and shot in our posession. Lets leave it at that. In good fun ... and I really mean this as such ... fun.
Sverdrup, CPTN of Schroedinger's Cat, Heisenberg's Uncertainty, Meridian
[Jul 15, 2011 1:18:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
the_rock99

Hahahahaha you immigrants!

Greatness <- Virdian ocean original. Spawned here and stayed here!

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiii!
Greatness.
Better than you.
[Jul 15, 2011 1:45:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiii!

Shame that.
Recruiting a 'Nagflar' character to hold my camel.
# Team Bacon Strips # SwagSauce # YOTO.
[Jul 15, 2011 1:55:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiii!

Shame that.

Hah.
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Jul 15, 2011 2:08:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Luxory

P.S.: And that excursion of "Domination" to Cobalt that you, Martobain, Luxory, and many other prominent Viridian/Sage players were part of, well, it was that very excursion that turned many of us Cobaltians into Viridians. Talking about unintended consequences ... life is fun, and we really, really like it here on Viridian once we got, as Ivdripper said so eloquently, past the Viridiots. Calling us 'alts' as your former King Seepnah did, well, we are able to express ourselves both on the forum and with the ships, rum, and shot in our posession. Lets leave it at that. In good fun ... and I really mean this as such ... fun.

I'm not to sure if you've met me properly.

First off I couldn't careless who you are who, I like the added competition in all honesty, more blockade ready flags = More fun for me, a wars a war regardless as to who it is with.

Too address the domination of "Cobalt" I only navved in one blockade, and made a post out of frustration. I actually have a few Cobalt hearties and made a few friends during my very short period there.

Also, I only said you can't complain about people calling you alts, fact is not many on Viridian have even heard of cobalt let alone venture there, therefore you are going to look like alts despite your crew fame.
Luxory on Obsidian.
Aristoza flag royalty chats, "Ro initiated all the greenies by getting them on one big ship and sinking them all at once"
Positive Penguins
[Jul 15, 2011 2:35:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
visioon

Hello,

First .. please get this thread back on the subject it was made for. Making the overbidder aware of the circumstances his actions had and try to fix the stable Jubilee economy which is profitable for everyone.

Second .. It was never said you are alts, it was said that to people like me who never had any contact with cobalt several players in the flag might seem like alts due to standings (lack of experience and high standings, or no stats whatsoever).
In my experience Viridian flags do not respond to war declarations from these kind of flags because they rather fight the mains who do not need alts to keep their crew a high pvp ranking. (Again not saying you are alts but people may perceive you as such).

Third .. Declaring war is never frowned upon on Viridian. Neither was it said anywhere so no need to defend any reasons you had in declaring on most big flags.
Combining this with point #2, during Viridian history ALOT of alt flags have been created which resulted in people not taking them serious anymore and thus not returning. Prove your worth on the ocean and you will get wars returned.

Sorry for any grammar mistakes i might have overlooked.

Cheers,
Visioon
Just passing by, no funny or smart quotes here.
[Jul 15, 2011 2:54:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
M_Cobain

P.S.: And that excursion of "Domination" to Cobalt that you, Martobain, Luxory, and many other prominent Viridian/Sage players were part of, well, it was that very excursion that turned many of us Cobaltians into Viridians.

Wait when was I part of this? D:

The only stat I have on cobalt is guns, and I got that because I wanted it on every ocean. Gosh.

Edit: After asking people online what you meant, I'm guessing you're referring to that one time I navved in a blockade on cobalt. I forgot about it.
Martobain

YPPedia improved with Tom Cruise the Elephant (who's my friend and buddy) catalogue!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by M_Cobain at Jul 15, 2011 3:28:13 PM]
[Jul 15, 2011 3:15:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

P.S.: And that excursion of "Domination" to Cobalt that you, Martobain, Luxory, and many other prominent Viridian/Sage players were part of, well, it was that very excursion that turned many of us Cobaltians into Viridians.

Wait when was I part of this? D:

The only stat I have on cobalt is guns, and I got that because I wanted it on every ocean. Gosh.

Edit: After asking people online what you meant, I'm guessing you're referring to that one time I navved in a blockade on cobalt. I forgot about it.

You know you're a desperate pirate if you throw Marto under the bus...
I do what I can, when I can.

- Empathetic,
Still playing, here and there.
[Jul 15, 2011 9:43:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

But Ive never been a desperate pirate
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Jul 16, 2011 5:51:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

Hemp is still 6 ... hopefully the regulars have enough of a stockpile to ride out the price hike so they won't start bidding at a high price. Wood seems back to normal, if it was ever affected.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Jul 16, 2011 9:31:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 84   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates