• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 84
Posts: 84   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10249 times and has 83 replies Next Thread
boroboy1

Jubilee Market Bidding

It's recently became an issue on Jubilee in regards to market bidding for Hemp. It was previously at a stable price of 4 per unit with never more than 5000 bid at a time, added to the fast spawn rate nobody had an issue. Could the person who bid that up to 60000 units at 4 and now 52000 units at 5 please grow a brain and realise that Jubilee spawns hemp fast, but bidding for over 50000 units will get you it as fast as a bacon sandwich in mecca.

In before the u mad bro.
----------------------------------------
Seepnah
[Jul 11, 2011 2:54:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Re: Jubilee Market Bidding

Sadly some were given a considerably smaller brain; seeing this never happened before I would look at new shoppe/stall owners in the island, we are onto you!
Roseh

[Edit 1 times, last edit by MimiLinda at Jul 11, 2011 3:10:07 PM]
[Jul 11, 2011 3:05:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

Commodity powned.
Bunnyspawn, Malachite's most arrogant player.

Also Bunnyspawn on Sage and Hunter;Disgraced on Viridian.

I support PvP in sinking environments.
[Jul 11, 2011 3:11:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

Wow your hemp is cheap, I always pay 10 bucks for mine...
On a more serious note: you should bid 6 for 75000 units, it's only 450k.
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Jul 11, 2011 3:19:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shawe

It's recently became an issue on Jubilee in regards to market bidding for Hemp. Doesn't like how other players bid on commodity spawns - explanation about the macro economics of virtual hemp

Cool story bro - you gonna war dec em when you find out who did it? That will probably solve the problem.
Shawe - Greed is good.
"FIGHT CLUB!" Avatars by Shawe.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Shawe at Jul 11, 2011 10:32:50 PM]
[Jul 11, 2011 10:32:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Shawe [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

You've never run a shoppe/stall with comods right?
Roseh

[Jul 11, 2011 10:51:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shawe

Nah I just collect these...

Shawe - Greed is good.
[Jul 11, 2011 11:11:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Shawe [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Looks like you really do, since your only shoppe is a tailor and it doesn't produce aything.
Roseh

[Jul 11, 2011 11:21:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shawe

Or I could just run em on an alt, but nahhh.

Btw the tailor(s) do produce something - it's called a lot of PoE.
Shawe - Greed is good.
[Jul 11, 2011 11:25:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Shawe [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

And some ppl make a lot of "virtual money" out of their weaveries and bidding such hugemunculous amounts and outbidding is only going to mess the market on the only island where prices have been controlled.
Roseh

[Jul 12, 2011 12:08:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

Yes Shawe, I'm going to war dec them when I find out.. not. Instead having ran multiple shoppe's on that island since it opened I am merely trying to educate them on how that island works.

Also use your brain son, Hemp->Sail Cloth->War Frigates-> Blockades. Thanks
Seepnah
[Jul 12, 2011 12:50:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

Shawe, players put the effort into that island for years to keep bidding prices stable and favorable. Nobody needs the price to go up because someone's making uninformed or impatient bids.
[removed by SOPA]
[Jul 12, 2011 3:32:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Hmm. I haven't seen that, but that is kind of sad and might very well mess up the hemp market permanently.

I also disagree that hemp fills all that fast on Jub. I run a little distill stall there to support my apothecaries, and even with only one deluxe badge working there, it is still limited by hemp spawn. At most, I had 30 bids of 1000 hemp for 3 PoE each, filling so slowly that I gave up on the stall for a while. They're filled now and last I looked, the market seemed stable at 3 PoE, with the odd impatient person bidding 4.

Oh well. Let's hope that that others don't follow that person, and that he doesn't do it again.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Jul 12, 2011 3:39:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fishn_rox

Hmm. I haven't seen that, but that is kind of sad and might very well mess up the hemp market permanently.

I also disagree that hemp fills all that fast on Jub. I run a little distill stall there to support my apothecaries, and even with only one deluxe badge working there, it is still limited by hemp spawn. At most, I had 30 bids of 1000 hemp for 3 PoE each, filling so slowly that I gave up on the stall for a while. They're filled now and last I looked, the market seemed stable at 3 PoE, with the odd impatient person bidding 4.

Oh well. Let's hope that that others don't follow that person, and that he doesn't do it again.

I agree, iv had a number of 1000-5000bids there a lot and they do fill fairly slow at 4ea. And really, not much you can do... Let's just hope that ocean wide people stop placing on spawns. Even with lower player numbers, there isn't much spawn around like there used to.
Cheers, Plano.

Ye told Hera, "Since you have such GREAT taste... do you think you could fix our beloved Lima Inn? :P"
Hera tells ye, "I'm not brave enough for that!"

Apollo tells ye, "Can I be your butler?"
[Jul 12, 2011 4:02:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Captanharris

it was me
[Jul 12, 2011 4:21:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

Seepnah wrote: 
Yes Shawe, I'm going to war dec them when I find out.

Aww man. You'll dec them, but not me?

Way to make a guy feel unimportant.
Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Jul 12, 2011 5:27:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Luxory

Did you guys all really just ignore the "not" at the end?
Luxory on Obsidian.
Aristoza flag royalty chats, "Ro initiated all the greenies by getting them on one big ship and sinking them all at once"
Positive Penguins
[Jul 12, 2011 6:19:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

Yeah, pro tip, more than 1 dot/period/fullstop doesn't mean the sentence has finished.

Also if you have 30 bids at 1000 then that is 30000 units which isnt going to fill fast, if theres 3000 units they will fill very fast, 30000 wont fill to any great speed at all, thats how market bidding works. Just because you bid first / have 30 tickets doesnt mean its going to prioritise you, as its all split evenly across the bids at the current leading price level.

I ran a weavery on Jubilee since September 2007 and never seemed to have any stock issues because I didnt fill the market up with bids.. just enough to keep it producing at max output.
Seepnah
[Jul 12, 2011 6:29:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joncobra

Well Seep, I have a proposal for you. I have nothing to spend my poe on, because there's no reason to buy ships cause I can't do sinky PvPs. So, I decided to buy a bunch of a random commodity. Well, hemp struck my fancy(for obvious reasons) so I started buying it at a rapid pace. Apparently this has quite upset you. So, unless you return the War Dec and give me my sinky PvPs, I'll continue to spend my poe buying my new favorite commodity. If you need proof, I can provide it. Kkthxbai.

Oh as a by the way, I also like spending PoE on poker, so join my tournament here .
Lose
6 Max 500k Poker Tournament
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Joncobra at Jul 12, 2011 6:36:49 AM]
[Jul 12, 2011 6:33:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

Feel free bro. It's nice to see that no flags give a barnacle about your flag which is why no one has returned the war dec, despite your guys constant bringing it to the forums? Get the point guys, nobody gives a tiniest ounce of a barnacle that you've war decced them.

Lose, weren't you looking for people to blockade with? Try that you might get a war dec returned then, more likely than herp derp lets post a bounty on our captain. Oh barnacle, nobody war decced us back, lets start saying we're doing stuff and begging people to war dec us. Maybe, just maybe people would rather not war dec a flag with 'Alts' in it.

P.S Yes I know your from cobalt, but your flags stats as a whole are not representitive of what they are on cobalt right?

No War. U Mad Bro?

Reason for edit: Please note the Forum Rules state:

Be respectful and polite. Use of the forums is a privilege, not a right. Bans on the forums will now be permanent. Some of the things which are not allowed to be posted on the forums are:
- Foul and offensive language, the forums should reflect the same standards as the game. If it's filtered in the game, then it should be filtered on the forums.
~Galene

Seepnah
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Galene at Jul 13, 2011 1:06:49 AM]
[Jul 12, 2011 8:43:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

Oh my, Lose asking for a sinky pvp, I never thought I'd see this D:
Recruiting a 'Nagflar' character to hold my camel.
# Team Bacon Strips # SwagSauce # YOTO.
[Jul 12, 2011 8:47:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

How to get a war
1. Snipe an island
2. Wait for an unsuspecting flag to come across said island, look at the owning flag and think, "Hey that flag is pretty small, we could soooo easily beat them."
3. Wait for them to learn how to drop a chest
4. Return the war dec.

Finished!

If you're lucky, this might happen.
Before

After 6 days

Anchovia
[Jul 12, 2011 9:14:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Oh my, Lose asking for a sinky pvp, I never thought I'd see this D:

Captainrich
[Jul 12, 2011 9:41:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

Seepnah wrote: 
It's nice to see that no flags give a barnacle about your flag which is why no one has returned the war dec, despite your guys constant bringing it to the forums? Get the point guys, nobody gives a tiniest ounce of a barnacle that you've war decced them.

A tad testy today, eh ... ye almost sound annoyed.

Seepnah wrote: 
Yes I know your from cobalt, but your flags stats as a whole are not representitive of what they are on cobalt right?

Cobalt is dead, get over it, because too many Cobaltians like it better on Viridian. Love it or hate it ... but alts most of us are not.

Seepnah wrote: 
No War. U Mad Bro?

Not mad at all, very much amused is more like it ;-)

Edits: Preview is your friend, silly.
Reason for edit: Please note the Forum Rules state:

Be respectful and polite. Use of the forums is a privilege, not a right. Bans on the forums will now be permanent. Some of the things which are not allowed to be posted on the forums are:
- Foul and offensive language, the forums should reflect the same standards as the game. If it's filtered in the game, then it should be filtered on the forums.
~Galene

Sverdrup, CPTN of Schroedinger's Cat, Heisenberg's Uncertainty, Meridian
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Galene at Jul 13, 2011 1:06:24 AM]
[Jul 12, 2011 10:54:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
2NDSKY

How to get a war
1. Snipe an island
2. Wait for an unsuspecting flag to come across said island, look at the owning flag and think, "Hey that flag is pretty small, we could soooo easily beat them."
3. Wait for them to learn how to drop a chest
4. Return the war dec.

Lol xD
Shadowie on Obsidian
[Jul 12, 2011 11:21:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

Imagine if you actually read my full post sverdrup :)

The clue there is that I used the useful thing on the keyboard quite often found on the same key as the @ button either side of the word alts. In case you want to be even more picky and dont have the same keyboard as me this symbol is this

-----> ' <-----

So no, I wasn't inferring you were alts, but in comparison to whatever stats you would of held on cobalt, your stats are altish?

I frankly dont care where you come from I only said Cobalt because that is the correct ocean of your previous play? No?

Sver, last I checked you weren't even in Sink University, so where the we has came from I dont know.

Irregardless, I wouldn't say I was annoyed, but when you colonised and island then spent the best part of 3 years looking after it and spending poe to keep the commod prices low, to see people pusing these up, it would be fair to say that I could be slightly annoyed.

Lets try it sver, colonise the next large island that becomes available, hold and defend it for 3 years, losing it only once to a BK that was grossly overpowered (Before they were fixed) and spending poe from your pocket in order to keep the commod prices the cheapest on the ocean sided with only 10% tax. And then ill come and increase the price of those commods by 50% in the space of 3 days and then see whether you get slightly ''Tetchy'' so to say.
Seepnah
[Jul 12, 2011 11:25:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

KO
[Jul 12, 2011 12:09:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

^ Ya know OK looks like a sideways person.

It is a shame that this happened, especially on Jubilee. I recall Cutty and Aeth having to deal with a douchey shopkeeper when they were running the Jubilee economic program thing. The guy liked to up bid prices, but I don't think he ever bid that much. It's understandable that people are going to get upset over it because Jubilee is one of the few decent islands left on the ocean.
Anchovia
[Jul 12, 2011 12:14:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

If you look like an OK then im worried for you.

Edit, oOK
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Whitehazed at Jul 12, 2011 12:33:40 PM]
[Jul 12, 2011 12:27:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

For those who think its KO, as a matter of fact, we haven't bid more than 3k units of hemp at any given time. We haven't sold a shoppe on Jubilee either so not sure who the "new" shopkeepers are that have put up these insane amount of bids.
Cairna
Monarch of Knockout on Meridian & Emerald
Loiosch says, "when do we ci"
Karthika says, "cai might spank me if i do"
[Jul 12, 2011 12:39:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 84   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates