• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 27
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5369 times and has 26 replies Next Thread
Joncobra

6 Max 500k Buy In No Rebuy Poker Tournament (36 Player Limit)

Please note that this event is run at the risk of the participants. If there is shown to be any cheating or wrongdoing, the culprit(s) will be punished, but no poe will be returned to participants affected. Please only enter if you trust the person or people hosting the event.

Please read the entire thread if you are interested in participating.

Registering:
First, You post here or talk to me in game to preregister. On the day of the event you finalize your registration by sending me the buy in.
I will be participating in the actual tournament as well as refereeing, so if you don't trust me, you don't have to participate. Obviously you shouldn't be paying me the buy in if you don't trust me so this shouldn't be a problem. I will also be making a standby list as I know that some people won't show up. This event is obviously open to anyone with narrow poker and 500k.

The max number of registrations accepted for this event will be 36 participants, due to limitations of my screen size and internet. I reserve the right to request preregistrants to show me they have the buy in, because of the field limit.

Play:
Everyone competing will be randomly seeded into groups of 6. Each player will be assigned a sloop with a poker table. On each sloop I will have an alt that will be refereeing. I will start a table at the same time on each ship, a 20-200PoE buy in local table. Everyone will buy in with 100PoE. The small tables are to ensure no one is tempted to run off with the money.

If you are eliminated you may not rebuy at the table, if you do you will be planked and we will remake the table. You are welcome to stay and watch as long as you don't interfere. No outside observers will be allowed. Play will continue until 3 players remain at each table, and then tables will be reshuffled.

Blind Levels:
Blinds will be raised at the next table reshuffle once someone reaches the limit, which is the max buy in for the previous. The blinds are effectively raised by everyone buying in with for example, 4 times their previous stack, but the blinds raise by 10 because you're at the next level of table, so blinds are increased by 2.5 times. Each level the same thing happens. Each level the limit is the max buy in of the current table. So for example, if Bob cashes out of the last level with 342 chips, he'll have 1368 to start the next table with. This keeps all stack sizes in proportion while increasing the blinds and allowing table resets if necessary.

Level 1: 20 - 200 PoE table [Total chips 3.6k]
Level 2: 200 - 2k table, 4x Prev. Stack; {Blinds inc. 2.5 times} [Total chips 14.4k]
Level 3: 2k - 20k table, 4x Prev. Stack; {Blinds inc. 2.5 times} [Total chips 56k]
Level 4: 20k - 200k table, 2x Prev. Stack; {Blinds inc. 5 times} [Total chips 112k]

Play will continue until we have an overall winner, then prizes will be awarded based on who survived longest.

The Payout:

The payout will be adjusted according to field size
The top 25% of the field will split the prize pool according to an equation, with obviously 1st place receiving the most. The prizes will be adjusted according to number of players, but the basic format of the payout will remain the same.

For example, if we have 36 players for example the PoE will be distributed as follows.
1st: 40%
2nd: 23%
3rd: 12%
4th: 7.0%
5th: 5.5%
6th: 4.5%
7th: 3.5%
8th: 2.5%
9th: 2.0%

So if you get 1st you would win 7.2 mil, if you get 9th you would win 360k.

Time and Date:
I would like a time that would be accommodating for players in the US and Australia as I think those are the main player bases. The planned date as of now is POSTPONED.The tournament should be expected to proceed for several hours, so make sure you plan accordingly. No refunds will be provided after the tournament begins.

Additional Rules:
To prevent collusion and promote fair play the following rules will be enacted. You must bet the river if you are last to act and you have the nuts. You cannot verbally agree to check it out if a third player is all in. You cannot reveal your hole cards while play is in session if you are not involved in a hand. No berating other players, or swearing directly at other players. Other then these specific rules, use common sense. This is an event for fun and pride, not just PoE. Please act as if you have pride and use etiquette.

All decisions made by me are final. If I feel you have forfeited your right to play by some action you have taken you will be disqualified and your money will not be refunded. This decision will obviously not be taken lightly but I reserve the right to disqualify participants with reason.

Please contact me in game or shoot me a PM if you would have questions, comments or concerns.
----------------------------------------
Lose
6 Max 500k Poker Tournament
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Joncobra at Jul 26, 2011 3:15:29 PM]
[Jul 8, 2011 10:25:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joncobra

Re: 6 Max 500k Buy In No Rebuy Poker Tournament

Registration List:

• Lose
  • Brittaney
  • Motou
  • Apocolypse
  • Morbuzaan
  • Chillii

Standby:

Lose
6 Max 500k Poker Tournament
[Edit 5 times, last edit by Joncobra at Jul 12, 2011 6:35:36 AM]
[Jul 8, 2011 10:26:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chillii

i want play btu i only gat 499,999 poe(z) pzl sum1 help mi.

In all seriousness, put me on registration list.
Chillii.
[Jul 11, 2011 4:00:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

Lose is a big scammer. I don't go around throwing accusations at random people, this guy has proved it. We agreed to do 1m sidebets in 3 heads up poker game (200k freezeout blinds 1k/2k) running simultaneously over all 3 oceans. I lost on Hunter, won Sage and Viridian. I paid him for Hunter, he paid me for Sage, Viridian was the last one left which I won in the end. Lose then asks me to give him a sec since he had to sell dubs to pay me. He then conveniently disconnects and logs off. I chose not to report him or do anything silly at that point since it might be a genuine dc. I waited for him to login back. He logs on the next day and ignores every single tell that I and some of my crewbies sent him so far. The guy is a SCAMMER watch out whoever are entering this poker tourney. I don't care about the 1mil, its not much money to me, however I won't let this go unnoticed. I'll be going public to large extent to give him max PR damage.

Lose if you choose to deny to what I'm claiming, give me the permission to post our logs and I'll clear it all up in a much better way x).

Cairna
Monarch of Knockout on Meridian & Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by glittertjess at Jul 13, 2011 11:15:37 AM]
[Jul 13, 2011 11:14:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Abandonment

Losetourneyscam isn't really appropriate unless you have solid proof this tournament is a scam. Not paying 1m for a heads up setup does not mean the tournament is not set up with honest intentions. You should probably consider editing your tinyurl to something more accurate.
Priapus/Guantanamo
[Jul 13, 2011 11:38:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

Losetourneyscam isn't really appropriate unless you have solid proof this tournament is a scam. Not paying 1m for a heads up setup does not mean the tournament is not set up with honest intentions. You should probably consider editing your tinyurl to something more accurate.

I don't think I stated anywhere in my post that the tourney itself was a scam. I just called him a scammer. A scammer doesn't really have honest intentions, or he wouldn't be scamming in the first place, regardless whether it was a heads up setting or a 6max tournament or a simple thing like selling stocks off someone else's ship and running away with the poe. I made the tinyurl link that way since I posted in his tourney thread and he's a scammer, not essentially meaning that the tourney is a scam. The person organizing the tourney is a scammer.
Cairna
[Jul 13, 2011 11:50:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Abandonment

Well, the way the link reads it makes the tournament sound like a scam, which is an incorrect statement and an unfair one as you're fielding 0 proof the tournament is a scam. Thus my post recommending an edit to the tinyurl link.
Priapus/Guantanamo
[Jul 13, 2011 11:55:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

Well, the way the link reads it makes the tournament sound like a scam, which is an incorrect statement and an unfair one as you're fielding 0 proof the tournament is a scam. Thus my post recommending an edit to the tinyurl link.

I'll do it after the tourney broadcasting right now finishes. However, one could argue that the tourney isn't 100% genuine based on the fact that lose himself is a scammer. It's not really an unfair argument to hold against the tourney since he's going to hold the buy-ins in advance and he isn't trustworthy.
Cairna
[Jul 13, 2011 12:07:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Abandonment

OP wrote: 
Please note that this event is run at the risk of the participants. If there is shown to be any cheating or wrongdoing, the culprit(s) will be punished, but no poe will be returned to participants affected. Please only enter if you trust the person or people hosting the event.

Anyone wishing to enter is forewarned in the OP itself. It doesn't really require an inaccurate smear campaign to notify people they're potentially opening themselves up to lose 500k.
Priapus/Guantanamo
[Jul 13, 2011 12:11:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

OP wrote: 

Anyone wishing to enter is forewarned in the OP itself. It doesn't really require an inaccurate smear campaign to notify people they're potentially opening themselves up to lose 500k.

Many people aren't aware of the fact that the organizer isn't trustworthy. A disclaimer is always needed for organizing an event of this kind, regardless who the organizer is. I have every right to bring this up to the forums when I have the proof aswell. I already said I'd edit the Tinyurl link when the tourneys finish. Do you mind leaving your pirate name as forum signature so I know who I'm talking to?
Cairna
[Jul 13, 2011 12:19:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

GO cairna's minions

TOURNEY SPAM!!!!!!
Recruiting a 'Nagflar' character to hold my camel.
# Team Bacon Strips # SwagSauce # YOTO.
[Jul 13, 2011 12:20:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Abandonment

You're talking to Guantanamo. My point simply is one post in this thread is sufficient to notify people. The smear campaign with multiple players posting tournaments (all of which would be removed if Lose chose to petition about them) is unwarranted and could be considered harrassment.
Priapus/Guantanamo
[Jul 13, 2011 12:22:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

You're talking to Guantanamo. My point simply is one post in this thread is sufficient to notify people. The smear campaign with multiple players posting tournaments (all of which would be removed if Lose chose to petition about them) is unwarranted and could be considered harrassment.

I made one simple post here. The postings have increased since you pointed out the link not being appopriate. The tournaments are to get this people's attention so there are less victims of scammings. Lose could petition, I highly doubt they will be removed. I've had this happen to me a bunch of times and OOO didn't really take any action even when the posters didn't have a single proof to claim what they're saying. I actually have solid proof from my logs if he chooses to deny it.
Cairna
[Jul 13, 2011 12:30:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kewlstorybro

Logs are solid proof because they can't be changed.
Not a forum alt.
[Jul 13, 2011 1:48:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chillii

Cairna wrote:

Lose is a big scammer.

Not really. I've played many games of poker with him.

I don't go around throwing accusations at random people, this guy has proved it.

Maybe but you do seem to make a big deal over everything.

I chose not to report him or do anything silly at that point since it might be a genuine dc.

Good job.

He logs on the next day and ignores every single tell that I and some of my crewbies sent him so far.

Agreed that is annoying.

however I won't let this go unnoticed.

Refer to the second thing I said.

In all i'm sure it is annoying and you feel you've been scammed, and you have a fair point. The people who entered this tournament enter at their own risk, and I must say,

Get over it.
Chillii.
[Jul 13, 2011 3:54:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Tsk he can pay you with Hemp bidtickets.
Roseh

[Jul 13, 2011 4:08:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

Not really. I've played many games of poker with him.

Well, good for you. Not every game of poker you talk about is the settings we played. It was a small wager and he scammed in our first games itself. Imagne if I lost all the 3 games. I'd end up paying 3mil (or more if we kept playing the next day) to someone who wasn't going to pay me back if I won. I've played people heads up for much bigger amount than this. I trusted him due to this tourney, to be very frank. I saw people registering so I guessed the guy must have a good reputation and be genuine. Lesson learned.

Maybe but you do seem to make a big deal over everything.

I call it rubbing it in their face.

In all i'm sure it is annoying and you feel you've been scammed, and you have a fair point. The people who entered this tournament enter at their own risk, and I must say,

Get over it.

Yes it's annoying and I'm over it. However, there is a limited amount of things I could do to pay him back for what he did. I'm not contacting anyone personally or going around saying, "Hey don't join that tourney, Lose scammed me." Its just a heads-up warning. It is also hypocritical of you to say that I should get over it and not point it out while you did the same in your gunning wager thread.
Cairna
[Jul 13, 2011 4:52:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chillii

However, there is a limited amount of things I could do to pay him back for what he did.

Go on with your life and ignore it.

I'm not contacting anyone personally or going around saying, "Hey don't join that tourney, Lose scammed me."

Unless I didn't read correctly, you posted it on forums for all who follow them, and you also made tournaments. No one said you were going around sending people tells about that.

Its just a heads-up warning.

I didn't realize.

It is also hypocritical of you to say that I should get over it and not point it out while you did the same in your gunning wager thread.

I'm a hypocrite. Sue me.
Chillii.
[Jul 13, 2011 5:27:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

Take your own advice. Oh wait, you can't even ignore something that doesn't even concern you.

Unless I didn't read correctly, you posted it on forums for all who follow them, and you also made tournaments. No one said you were going around sending people tells about that.

You cared to post about "alts" scamming you in the gunning wagers. I figured it is worth posting and spreading awareness about a scam related to somone who is well-known and organizing a 500k buy-in tourney. Ignore it if you don't care about it. I got tons of tells from a bunch of people thanking me for doing it.
Cairna
[Jul 13, 2011 6:09:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chillii

Take your own advice. Oh wait, you can't even ignore something that doesn't even concern you.

I'm on the roster, therefore this does concern me.

You cared to post about "alts" scamming you in the gunning wagers.

The difference is I posted the results, where they should be and for the reason that all results and wagers are to be posted on that thread, as is said on the thread if my memory serves me.

I got tons of tells from a bunch of people thanking me for doing it.

Good for you.

"alts"

What's the quotations for?
Chillii.
[Jul 13, 2011 6:21:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

I heard Glitterjess and Chillii actually have a pretty erotic relationship.
[Jul 13, 2011 6:32:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chillii

That was a secret tyvm.
Chillii.
[Jul 13, 2011 6:38:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

That was a secret tyvm.

Oh really? You seemed keen to share the way you pulled earlier.
[Jul 13, 2011 6:41:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chillii

That was a secret tyvm.

Oh really? You seemed keen to share the way you pulled earlier.

D:
Chillii.
[Jul 13, 2011 6:46:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cash4poe

Oi Cai why don't you stop trying to be Robin Hood warning the people in a section of the forums that hardly gets hits and go buy more poe off pokerstars? Haven't you realized the mob is enticed by you giving them more poe and not by you sounding off like a siren?
[Jul 14, 2011 2:07:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
M_Cobain

Oi Cai why don't you stop trying to be Robin Hood warning the people in a section of the forums that hardly gets hits and go buy more poe off pokerstars? Haven't you realized the mob is enticed by you giving them more poe and not by you sounding off like a siren?

derp derp derp snerp snerp

i dunno how to play teh game so i go out trying 2 troll people snerp snerp derppp
Martobain

YPPedia improved with Tom Cruise the Elephant (who's my friend and buddy) catalogue!
[Jul 14, 2011 2:57:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
declantier

honest question is honest
Noeyedblack
[Edit 1 times, last edit by declantier at Jul 16, 2011 2:06:43 AM]
[Jul 16, 2011 2:04:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates