• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 34
Posts: 34   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4788 times and has 33 replies Next Thread
M_Cobain

Efficient Blockading.

Some efficient blockading at Coch this weekend! I think 2 brigs and a frig will do it, well... For this cluster anyway!
----------------------------------------
Martobain

YPPedia improved with Tom Cruise the Elephant (who's my friend and buddy) catalogue!
[Jul 3, 2011 12:30:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

Re: Efficient Blockading.

Lolwin. Seriously, who takes in a frig and 2 brigs for 3 points? Someone get on with it and please bone Cairna in just one cade. If it was just one cade, she'd lose.
I do what I can, when I can.

- Empathetic,
Still playing, here and there.
[Jul 3, 2011 12:44:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

You should try 2 frigs and 4 brigs to play with 5 sloops and a couple dhows.
Roseh

[Jul 3, 2011 1:15:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

Hey, those sloops are tougher than they look. =(
Disengaged.

Dexade tells ye, "i m not talking to you and dont want your cookies!"
[Jul 3, 2011 1:19:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DementedDuck

I tried to right click the image and move it to see the rest of the board. :[
Evilduck/Superduck.
Emerald, Cerulean, and that other one.
Now in Obsidian flavour.

I record puzzles.
[Jul 3, 2011 1:52:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

I tried to right click the image and move it to see the rest of the board. :[

like :D
So are we going to tart or is this thread just randomtypic Marto?
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Jul 3, 2011 1:56:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenmoon

Ok, let's get a lynch mob and a wagon full of dynamites to hang these people then blow them apart for w/e. Using frigs/brigs or just doing it the wrong way. I'll ride shotgun.

Kenchio
[Jul 3, 2011 2:25:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Cute avatar :D
Roseh

[Jul 3, 2011 2:37:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

Which one? O.o

Although, I do like how these rounds are turning out. Legacy seems to actually bring some game, nice job Mimi & friends. We trying to embarrass KO? Please do.
I do what I can, when I can.

- Empathetic,
Still playing, here and there.
[Jul 3, 2011 3:06:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

IT'S THE MUPPET SHOW!!!
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Jul 3, 2011 3:26:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
OE800

I didn't know what to laugh at in R3. Would it be:

1) Cairna not having any brigs/small ships and thus losing the round due to the inability to neutralize a single sloop.
2) Legacy being outsunk like 5-1 and generally just embarrassed on clusters. On the two main clusters, KO outscored Legacy by like 200.
3) Legacy once again winning a round only with the assistance of overjobbing and 3ping.

Hopefully R4 brings equal lulz
[Edit 1 times, last edit by OE800 at Jul 3, 2011 4:03:02 PM]
[Jul 3, 2011 3:46:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Narcissag

Why is so necesary the trolling ober us and KO?

Thanks lots Cairna for the lots of fun we had, for traing to queep it even.
Thanks to all the people was there to be with us in the fun!

muaaah!
Narci

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
[Jul 3, 2011 5:08:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Goldschmidt4

Come on guys, It was a really good cade. Both sides kept up a nice fight on 3rd round and 4th round. It was just a small detail that we were beeing outjobbed by 50 :)

Now let's focus on future cades for some more fun !
Goldschmidt on everywhere.
[Jul 3, 2011 5:15:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

Why is so necesary the trolling ober us and KO?

Thanks lots Cairna for the lots of fun we had, for traing to queep it even.
Thanks to all the people was there to be with us in the fun!

muaaah!

Thanks for making the flagsit fun Legacy and everyone else who jobbed for either sides.
Cairna
Monarch of Knockout on Meridian & Emerald
[Jul 3, 2011 5:22:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

So, analyzing just what's in this picture. Assuming sloops are filled to 5, the dhow is at 8, brigs are at 20 and Frigs are at 50.

Legacy is showing 18 jobbers on the board. Since we'll count both sloops as on points, and since I'm feeling generous we'll say the Dhow is contesting too, so in this small snapshot Legacy is operating at an EJR of 100%, giving them 18 jobbers. Knockout is fielding three brigs and a frig, or 110 jobbers. However they're operating at an EJR of 36% (counting two brigs as utilized properly) bringing their actual jobbing numbers down to 40. This of course changes Knockout's 6-1 jobber lead into a 2-1 jobber lead.

So yeah. Efficient.
Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Jul 3, 2011 6:40:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chillii

Thanks for making the flagsit fun Legacy and everyone else who jobbed for either sides.

Flag-sits are intense my friend.
Chillii.
[Jul 3, 2011 10:49:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Now this is an interesting read.

We won a round???

Q's idea with this drop was pretty much "Let's surprise drop and flood the board with sloops and cutterclass and see what happens. Gives lots of flaggies a chance to nav, and if the board is really spread, we might even stand half a chance.". The board in R1 turned out to have 2 WF clusters, that was about it, so, yeah, we didn't stand half a chance but flaggies had fun.

After R1, Q and I went to bed. We left some PoE in the blockade offer and told flaggies that if they wanted, they could take in any ships they could find in Gunslinger or any other crew and play around, and informed Cairna that the odd Legacy ship might still enter in later rounds. Apparently, they did.

So, tarting about jobbing numbers or thirdparties or trying to insult Legacy for getting outsunk is void and rather irrelevant in this case. I like Marto's screenie, but from Legacy's side, we see no reason for tarting at all, and I don't think Cairna does either, though I just woke up and haven't talked to him.

Good game KO, and thanks everyone who jobbed and all that, I had fun in R1 and I think flaggies had fun and appreciated the later rounds as well, at least I got some really nice tells from some of them before I went to bed.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Jul 3, 2011 11:32:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Luxory

So, tarting about jobbing numbers or thirdparties or trying to insult Legacy for getting outsunk is void and rather irrelevant in this case. I like Marto's screenie, but from Legacy's side, we see no reason for tarting at all, and I don't think Cairna does either, though I just woke up and haven't talked to him.

Round 3 was genuinly won by Legacy because of Hurly, otherwise KO would've scored the points needed to win
Luxory on Obsidian.
Aristoza flag royalty chats, "Ro initiated all the greenies by getting them on one big ship and sinking them all at once"
Positive Penguins
[Jul 4, 2011 12:30:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ameranth

After R1, Q and I went to bed. We left some PoE in the blockade offer and told flaggies that if they wanted, they could take in any ships they could find in Gunslinger or any other crew and play around, and informed Cairna that the odd Legacy ship might still enter in later rounds. Apparently, they did.

Same here. I even updated YPP before I logged off during R1 to say KO had won 3-0. Imagine my surprise when I'm checking forums later and see the tarting about our random flaggie entries winning a round. I had to log back in to make sure it really was over, then edit YPP again.
Ameranth of Viridian Meridian
Senior Officer of Nightmare, Prince of Legacy
[Jul 4, 2011 3:56:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
OE800

So, tarting about jobbing numbers or thirdparties or trying to insult Legacy for getting outsunk is void and rather irrelevant in this case.

You might want a little brushup on argumentative logic. Saying "I went to sleep and didn't know what happens" does not make your flag's actions irrelevant. Seriously, where is the causation in that?

It actually is relevant, because this thread is about laffffing at the blockade. See, Cairna was laugh worthy because he only had WFs for R3; if he had a single ship besides a WF, he could have won the round with ease. Legacy was laugh worthy because they got outnavved in a spectacular fashion and only won the round because of a late entry by a friendly third party (hmm, where did we see that before).
[Edit 1 times, last edit by OE800 at Jul 4, 2011 9:22:12 AM]
[Jul 4, 2011 9:20:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurtboss4

You might want a little brushup on argumentative logic. Saying "I went to sleep and didn't know what happens" does not make your flag's actions irrelevant. Seriously, where is the causation in that?

It actually is relevant, because this thread is about laffffing at the blockade. See, Cairna was laugh worthy because he only had WFs for R3; if he had a single ship besides a WF, he could have won the round with ease. Legacy was laugh worthy because they got outnavved in a spectacular fashion and only won the round because of a late entry by a friendly third party (hmm, where did we see that before).

You might just want to borrow a brain somewhere and read the part where Avi says she wasn't in charge of the events that transpired after she went to bed. Somewhat logical, but I figured I'd spill it out evenly for the more challenged people out there. \\(nohomo)

Rest is just a bunch of crap from an alt. Yawn. Someone else reply.
And, scene.
*lights out*
[Jul 4, 2011 10:14:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
OE800

How does her not being at R3 make discussion of R3 in a thread about the blockade "void and irrelevant"? I never mentioned her in any of my posts. Just because she was not in charge does not mean that her flag is immune to ridicule for their terrible navving and reliance on 3ping.

Also, since you don't know how to properly use "no homo", you should watch this .
[Edit 3 times, last edit by OE800 at Jul 4, 2011 10:53:27 AM]
[Jul 4, 2011 10:49:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chillii

It was a joke cade, clearly just for flaggies to have fun. Legacy did not intend to actually try to win.
Chillii.
[Jul 4, 2011 12:19:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Marksanchez1

Anyone with the intellect of a brain damaged squirrel could tell you that it wasn't an actual attempt of any sort to win the blockade, lest there would have been real navvers, real ships, and a real effort. To be critical of a bunch of random in-flag bnavers, most of whom have never even been part of a cade staff in their lives has certified you as a gigantic moron.

Cairna already mentioned he appreciated the fun, as should be the case. Acting like an internet tough guy passing judgements on those you feel are inferior simply makes you a bad joke.
Marksanchez on Viridian
[Jul 4, 2011 12:42:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

He's basically saying "lol a bunch of scrubs got owned" and you're all agreeing with him.

That makes the round being won even more ridiculous.
I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[Jul 4, 2011 12:51:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

It was a joke cade, clearly just for flaggies to have fun. Legacy did not intend to actually try to win.

Yeah it was a fun cade. After Avienda and Q logged, I kept communications open with Narci to let her catch-up in jobbing. Still people had to point out about efficient blockading, loading WB/WFs against sloop-class ships and what not. Gold even came up with the explanation of the round loss by saying "We were outjobbed by 50". Outlaw forces didn't even contest, so not sure what's "we" here.

The joke cade turned abit more real after Q and Avi logged. There was a very slight chance that Legacy might have won the blockade since I was communicating with Narci to keep jobbing as even as possible. The third-party screwed us over in Round 3. Had the jobbing pool been abit more smaller for round 4 and sloops/smaller ships were used, Knockout would have a tough time contesting since I didn't plan for a small-scale cade. I was in for a bigger cade versus Outlaw Forces which didn't really happen. Legacy didn't wanna raise the pay at all untill the 1 hour break. I didn't raise either even though I wanted to increase the jobbing pool so we could field more bigger ships in round 3. Narci asked for a pay-raise during the 1 hour break and I told her we were cool with it. It was what I wanted too.

Bottom line, the fun cade turned abit more real and I didn't want to push Legacy out of the board by raising the pay. Every pay raise/matching was discussed with the other side before it actually happened. Q had left a limited amount in the payroll and I ensured that Legacy didn't run out of pay even if it meant Knockout losing due to lack of smaller ships.
Cairna
Monarch of Knockout on Meridian & Emerald
[Jul 4, 2011 12:52:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
OE800

He's basically saying "lol a bunch of scrubs got owned" and you're all agreeing with him.

lol yeah. Which is actually pretty funny because in an attempt to defend their flag, they are essentially throwing their flaggies under the bus.
[Jul 4, 2011 2:36:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Narcissag

Yeah that is basically... was really fun becouse in round2 we have the vessels only on the crew alt...and Divvy enter with a WB and he got sunk (ofc) xD! so i said what the hell im not doing anything...and enter with a undermmaned brig and divvy charge another brig so we go to the cluster and get pew pew with the vessels of KO after stand good with them KO enter with WF's becouse they didint have more brigs and we get sunk and we only had dhows, sloops to enter and 15 mins so round ober KO wins. No talk for jobbers have done.

R3
We didint have vessels so Gold offer me some vessels borrow to queep going with the fun. we didint spect to win the cade or the round we where just having a unorganizated fun xD we had some pew pew and another flag joins i think becouse was really really fun i asked some crewbies to put 2 sloops flag sitting in the 3pointer and 1 in the 1 point flag becouse we didint have jobbers to fill another wb to go sit on there and besise no one was acctually there so put another wb was going to be stupid.
The third-party wb shout to KO and we somehow have 1 more wb inside. but as we where underjobbed i think that make us even somehow we dont even plan it. Round is ober we won.

R4:i spoke with cairna to let us cach up on jobbers he agreed and bouth flags make all we could to queep up the comunication and the fairness in the blockade i wasent sure of up payment becouse first of all was a cade for fun and secound becouse we didin't have lots of poes on the thing...but after i think better i agree becouse wasent fun not being able to fill a brig and get jobbers and we up a bit to 1k and cai let us catch up more jobbers and i spoke with him when we catch up and he matched. Cairna want to up to 1.2 or 1.5 for the jobber pool, He even offer me borrow me PoEs and i can give it him back for we can get more jobbers, after i made some maths i agree in up the payment becouse i noted what we had was enought to cover to 1.5.( was really nice of him true).
Bouth flag's make the best efford to queep everything as even as we could but in one moment cai have 140 jobbers and we had 104 or so, He even stop jobbing for us to cach jobbers but i dont know really why we could not mach. When was mathematical the lose i queep sending the brig was sunk, every one who get sunk go inside with another brig even as we already lose wasent a reason for me to not queeping navving and having all the fun we had.

As i said was a really fun cade, and im sure every side did the best to try to queep it even and fun. Im really glad we queep up the comunication and that didint turn in a payway or something becouse that will mean we should go out for no poes, and no had the chance of enjoy everything we enjoy it!

Thanks Cai for beeing so polite with us, most of the people who bnaved, was officer's of my crew and im sure they are really happy becouse i get lots of tells of thanks for the fun after the blockade go ober.

=)
Narci

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
[Jul 4, 2011 3:11:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Marksanchez1

in an attempt to defend their flag, they are essentially throwing their flaggies under the bus.

Calling someone without experience inexperienced is not, in fact, an equivalent of "throwing under the bus". Simply pointing out that it's intensely ignorant for someone who wasn't involved to tell those who were attempting to correct their inexperience in what was essentially designed as a practice blockade from the side of legacy how much they sucked.
Marksanchez on Viridian
[Jul 4, 2011 3:30:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sourdrink

Lolwin. Seriously, who takes in a frig and 2 brigs for 3 points? Someone get on with it and please bone Cairna in just one cade. If it was just one cade, she'd lose.

He'd**
Winehouse - Meridian
[Jul 4, 2011 4:21:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 34   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates