• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 76
Posts: 76   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8931 times and has 75 replies Next Thread
Rinoa100

Re: What made YOU start playing puzzle Pirates?

I was in the girl's loos and overheard some girl talking about this game to someone else. I didn't like her very much, so I thought i'd stalk her and have a private giggle. However, I began to play and realised I didnt know her pirate name. Woops. But I didn't have much of a life so carried on playing anyway.
I also spawned on Cobalt, but this was back when after a week or a month (I cant remember, I'm not Professor X) you had to pay to play at all on a sub ocean, so I moved to Viridian.
I have a life now but I still play. Because its fun.
Cool story huh :)
----------------------------------------
~Sailingrosy of Viridian~
~Nightmare & Legacy~

- To Err is human. To Arr is pirate! -
[Jul 6, 2011 6:23:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
M_Cobain

I was in the girl's loos and overheard some girl talking about this game to someone else. I didn't like her very much, so I thought i'd stalk her and have a private giggle. However, I began to play and realised I didnt know her pirate name. Woops. But I didn't have much of a life so carried on playing anyway.
I also spawned on Cobalt, but this was back when after a week or a month (I cant remember, I'm not Professor X) you had to pay to play at all on a sub ocean, so I moved to Viridian.
I have a life now but I still play. Because its fun.
Cool story huh :)

I especially liked the part where the guy tried to step into the car! Haha!
Martobain

YPPedia improved with Tom Cruise the Elephant (who's my friend and buddy) catalogue!
[Jul 6, 2011 6:50:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
false_dmitri

I read a review of the game and left it alone for a couple years. Then I saw a few random ads and decided to test it out for younger relatives. I ended up playing a lot instead. Now less.
On hiatus. :(
[Jul 6, 2011 12:02:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
FireMonkey

I read a thread on the somethingawful.com forums about the alpha/beta, and decided to give it a try. I was initially too incompetent to find my way to their island in a different archipelago to join their crew (The Salty Mouthfuls), and joined a different crew and never looked back.
[Jul 12, 2011 4:53:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ninty64

How does everyone remember how they got here? I honestly have no clue how I started playing this game. I just magically appeared here one day.

I stayed because I loved carp. Seriously.
Ninty-East - Meridian
Ninty - Cerulean (retired)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ninty64 at Jul 12, 2011 6:52:20 PM]
[Jul 12, 2011 6:50:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Drakoding

Miniclip

Miniclip 4 years ago :o
Drakoding

Captain Of Shadow Troopers
King Of Ultimate Phantoms
[Jul 13, 2011 12:40:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MadMe

Re: Miniclip

/e joins the miniclip nod.

During very late nights in the lab while waiting for bacteria to grow (or die depending on the experiment), I played miniclip games to pass the time. Saw the Puzzle Pirate link. I like puzzles. I like pirates. Sign me up!

Over the years of many many late nights in the lab, I continued to play YPP as it was one of the stress-relief sources to tredge through the degree program. The blessed day that I got the go ahead from my examining committee to write up my thesis prompt this portrait with Hypnos.

In my thesis acknowledgements, there's a list of people who I met on this game that I thank for keeping the mad scientist "sane".
Madme (on all oceans)
Captain of the Black Rum on the Meridian
A loyal Riddlemaker© on the Meridian
...and going MAD one gene at a time

Awesome Avatar by Catlin
[Jul 13, 2011 1:04:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
declantier

got kicked out of my Somalian pirate gang so I decided to take it online
Noeyedblack
[Jul 14, 2011 2:25:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ichlet8

I am mature, so I will make the 69th post and comment about it.
~Ichigokuro, Viridian

It's disgusting how little that you try;
the existential equivalent of pink eye.
[Jul 14, 2011 6:08:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

I started playing Puzzle Pirates because I am obsessed with Sdafda and Cairna.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Setsusa at Jul 14, 2011 6:22:25 AM]
[Jul 14, 2011 6:10:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EgoavilJ

Bored skimming through miniclip. 6 years later here I am.

This
~Nayfin~
-Lord of United We Stand on Viridian Ocean.
-Prince of Adrenaline on Malachite Ocean.

Good luck on Mala, I heard they're all a bunch of ignorant potheads.

~I'm back!~
[Jul 14, 2011 2:25:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chillii

I started playing Puzzle Pirates because I am obsessed with Sdafda and Cairna.

I see what you did there.
Chillii.
[Jul 14, 2011 6:02:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mezzzo

I got here cause a friend was playing...and he got it of a friend...and he got it of Miniclip tho...
Mezzo :D

Hanging out...
Avy by Masters!
[Jul 15, 2011 5:35:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

Hey Grandmasta its me your best friend from that pillage you went on the other day and you heartied me because i got you cash and i only jobbed you because i recognised your name from the forums so yeah hi. In answer to your question...

I started playing 6 years ago by finding it on Miniclip whilst bored.

Hope that satisfies everyone's curiosity because I know how rare and unlikely it is that someone would come here through Miniclip.
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Jul 15, 2011 2:25:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

^^ noone cares about your RAGEEE.

I started playing in order to bring peace, prosperity, and the essence of the free spirited idiocy Viridan is so well known for.
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Jul 15, 2011 7:03:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
5017A

Slept with a white guy.
[Jul 15, 2011 10:04:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 76   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates