• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 74
Posts: 74   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11559 times and has 73 replies Next Thread
SirCarl67

Midsummer Madness 9th and 10th July Final results announced

Important note to be eligable for the second day of this event and have a chance of winning the major prizes you MUST register your entry before 8am on Sat 9th July by entering the name of the pirate who will be competing in this thread. If you discover you will not be able to compete in stage 2 on the Sunday please edit your post removing your name so that others to compete.

Edit:
Remember to check on this thread to see if you have qualifed. In case the forums are down I will also post the results in the news on Janepeg's Furnishing Stall on Admiral.

FINAL RESULTS

I have heard back from Apollo and the Issues have been resolved. I can give a full list of the Final scores.

1. Tzz 196 wins Persimmon / Persimmon Parrot
2. Cinci 193 wins 150k and Persimmon Signet ring
3. Cemikila 168 wins 100k and Persimmon Signet Ring
4. Sacred 134 wins 50k and Persimmon Signet Ring and ribbon for winning Rumble
5. Enertia 97
6. Ambh 88
7. Afghan 86 Also wins Persimmon ribbons for winning SF, Drinking and TD
8. Honeyq 76 Also wins ribbon for winning Hearts
9. Grogmeister 55
10. Kyubi 43
11. Letitdie 28

All finalists outside top 4 also win a persimmon lilly.

Apollo will be putting the trinkets and parrot in your booty over the next few days and I will be looking out for the poe winners (though I wont be on much tomorrow Tuesday).

STAGE 1 RESULTS

Only 22 registered contestents scored points so the 6 that scored but failed to get to the top 16 will be invited as reserves.
If you spot any errors please reply of this forum thread.

Remember everyone who competes in stage 2 gets a lily so it is worth coming even if you don't think you have a chance of the overall prize.

I will start inviting at 9:40 game time tomorrow (sunday)

Due to a booch SW scores were initially omitted. Fortunately this does not affect who qualified but does affect the placings.

1 Tzz 180,
2 Cinci 144,
3 Enteraname 132,
4 Cemikila 111,
5 Geologist 109,
6 Sacred 95
7 Brannier 87,
8 Enertia 76,
9 Grogmeister 55,
10 Honeyq 45, (1 1st place)
11 Yassenn 45, (0 1st place)
12 Kyubi 29,
13 Ambh 25,
14 Letitdie 20,
15 Jenx 19,
16 Iies 18

Reserves

17 Skadia 16,
18 Ohglme 14,
19 Jopa 13,
20 Afghan 11,
21 Clayded 6,
22 Ibringdoom 6

There has been some discussion about the scoring system in Multi Puzzle Competitions, comparing the overall winner with the ranks in the individual puzzles. Well now is the chance to enter a competition where the winner is based on their rank in the individual puzzles. The competition includes not just every single one of the normal competition puzzles but also the tournament puzzles and hearts.

The event will take place in 2 stages with stage 1 taking place at 8:00am game time on Sat 9th July and Stage 2 at 10am on Sun 10th July

To be eligible for Stage 2 and hence the main prizes you must register before the start of the event by posting your pirate name (the pirate you will be competing on).

Prizes:

1st Prize A persimmon/ Persimmon parrot and signet ring *
2nd Prize 150k and a persimon signet ring
3rd Prize 100k and a persimon sigent ring
4th Prize 50k and a persimon signet ring
All stage 2 finalists will receive a persimon lily

Winner of the overall on stage 1 (by normal competition scoring) will win a leviathon tooth.
Winners of individual puzzles will also receive a persimon / persimon ribbon.
The prizes awarded on stage one (individual puzzles and overall) will be awarded to the pirate who is first whether or not they registered

* If less than 8 of the top 16 from stage 1 compete in stage 2 the 1st prize will be persimmon / tan parrot.

Registered Competitors
I'll put a list of the registered competitors here if you registered and arn't listed below either 48 hours after your post or when the competition of stage 1 finishes, send me a pm.

Sacred
Enteraname
Justu withdrawn by tell
Avallach
Tzz
Bloonz
Whalewacker
Honeyq
Geologist
Baldur
Rogerrabit
Brannier
Enertia
Extravaganza
Oceansire
Grogmeister
Lighttell
Acosel
Letitdie
Lightningrod
Ardenaid
Ambh
Cemikila
Cinci
Afghan
Raboon
Oddfuture
Dontlikeit
Skadja
Xuyen
Iies
Turik
Qscgyj
Jenx
Ubbytubby
Olglme
Flirtyabbott
Clayded
Ibringdoom
Biapalha
Miloux
Jopa
Yassenn
Bolvihn
Namehere
Kyubi
Evilgal

Details

Stage 1 will be a competition in all available duty and crafting puzzle (no bnav or treasure haul), the competition will last for 4 hours from 8am game time.

The winner in each puzzle will be awarded 20 points, each 2nd place will be awarded 19 points, each 3rd place 18 and so on until each 20th place will be awarded 1 point. Total scores for each pirate who registered will be calculated and the top 24 posted in the forums as soon as possible after the event (this may take up to an hour). In the case of a tie players will be ranked according to number of 1st places, if pirates are still tied they will be ranked by number of 2nd places and so on.

Note that the placing for qualificatiopn to stage 2 (and the point allocated in stage 1 towards overall scores) are not the same as overall placement as listed in the competition results

The top 24 of those that registered will be invited to my manor on Admiral for stage 2 the next day. Invites will start at 9:40am (or send me a tell / knock on my door). Those not logged on or responding to invites by 10:00am will be excluded from stage 2. Those placed 17 to 24 are only invited as reserves the 16 highest ranked of those in attendance will remain for stage 2. If less than 16 turn up I will use hearties to get the number up to a number divisor of 4 to play hearts and drinking (wont be eligible for prizes). Everyone who competes in stage 2 will get at least a lily so it is worth turning up even if you are weak at the stage 2 puzzles.

Stage 2 consist of :
A 4 player drinking tournament goblet 1000, 5 colours
A hearts tournament 50 up
A swordfight tournament BYO double elimination
A rumble tournament BYO double elimination
A treasure drop tournament double elimination, Turbo, holes, last round halved.

All the above will be unwagered

For hearts and drinking players will be assigned one of 4 tables based on a random draw. The draws will be separate for the two puzzles. The first pirate will set up a local match and the others join in (in the case of dispute the order in which they are drawn. Pirates coming last will receive 0 points and pirates coming 3rd will receive 5 points.

Winners of Tables A and B will join runners up of tables C and D and winners of tables C and D
will join the runners up of tables A and B in the semis. Pirates coming last will receive 8 points and those coming 3rd will receive 11 points.

The top 2 in each Semi final will compete in the final (Winner 20 points , 2nd 18, 3rd 16 and 4th 14 points)

If There are only 12 players then the 2 third place players who got the most points (least in hearts) will also qualify for the semi final, only the lowest scoring 3rd place will get 5 points.

If there are only 8 players then we will go straight to the semi final, those who come third will still get 11 points but those coming last will get 0.

Points in swordfight, rumble, and TD tournaments
Winner 20 points
Runner Up 18 points
3rd 16 points
4th 14 points
2 Eliminated Round 5 11 points
2 Eliminated Round 4 8 points
4 Eliminated Round 3 5 points
4 Eliminated Round 2 0 points

If there are less than 16 participants anyone who loses their first 2 matches will receive 0 points.

If you disconnect there will be no rematches etc but as long as you return reasonably promptly no further punishement will be made. For example if a D/C causes you to lose in the sf you will still be eligable for the lower section of the draw if you reconnect fast enough (if applicable) and for the next event as long as you reappear within a couple of minutes.

Totals across all the puzzles (Stage 1 and stage 2) will determine the winners.
----------------------------------------
Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."
[Edit 22 times, last edit by SirCarl67 at Jul 11, 2011 3:51:59 PM]
[Jun 25, 2011 4:56:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
plopgeit

Re: Midsummer Madness (almost) every puzzle 2 day familiar event 9th and 10th July

I'll join, as Enteraname.
I have one question about the second stage, though: Can I assume the tournaments will be without a wager? I have a wager ban, and wagered games would block me from participating in the second stage, if I make it to the second stage.
Enteraname of Sage.
Senior Officer of Poseidon's Tricorne.
Now available in recorded version.
[Jun 26, 2011 2:36:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

Re: Midsummer Madness (almost) every puzzle 2 day familiar event 9th and 10th July

I'll join, as Enteraname.
I have one question about the second stage, though: Can I assume the tournaments will be without a wager? I have a wager ban, and wagered games would block me from participating in the second stage, if I make it to the second stage.

Yes the stage 2 events will all be unwagered I'll edit the OP
[Jun 26, 2011 8:29:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ravenkill1

signing up as sacred

awesome event been waiting for something like this for ages now :D
ravendeth - cobalt
prevent - midnight
luminacy - malachite
luminacy - viridian
sacred - sage
ruined - hunter

Mediocre @ everything =)
[Jun 26, 2011 3:18:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pipandpop5

This sounds brilliant, sign me up as Justu.

A couple of worries I have are with the carousing. If time is not an issue I think that a game to 100 rather than 50 would much better separate those who can play hearts and those that can't.
Also, a 4 player drinking game which is 1000/5 isn't going to be that skill dependent, might the drinking tournament benefit from being 2000 or 2500?
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Justu
[Jun 27, 2011 3:32:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ravenkill1

A couple of worries I have are with the carousing. If time is not an issue I think that a game to 100 rather than 50 would much better separate those who can play hearts and those that can't.
Also, a 4 player drinking game which is 1000/5 isn't going to be that skill dependent, might the drinking tournament benefit from being 2000 or 2500?

no mention of the TD being holes then :P if changes are made add the TD turbo no holes seeing as this is a competition to determine the best of the best :)
ravendeth - cobalt
prevent - midnight
luminacy - malachite
luminacy - viridian
sacred - sage
ruined - hunter

Mediocre @ everything =)
[Jun 27, 2011 4:54:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stefano93

Sign me up as Avallach
Avallach --
[Jun 28, 2011 9:48:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

no mention of the TD being holes then :P if changes are made add the TD turbo no holes seeing as this is a competition to determine the best of the best :)

Unfortunately time is an issue. My original plan was to have "fairer" tournaments unfortunately testing showed that it would just take too long. I am not willing to have 5 tournaments each taking half the time as a standalone familiar tournament (a 16 player tournie has half the rounds of a 256 player tournie)running back to back.

I expect stage 2 to take about 3 to 4 hours in all as it is. Timewise drinking is a real killer I choose goblets so the large bonus when clearing lines are not made even larger by mug bonuses. (My original plan was to have drinking as a normal tournie).

As far as TD with holes is concerned I am aware that most tounaments are holes and there are concerns that without holes it is solveable.

As this is a event of 17 puzzles the luck in one puzzle should even out to a great extent.
[Jun 28, 2011 3:14:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PinGyp

So basically another chance for 'super puzzlers' to get free stuff?

Pingster flag officer chats, "Crap"
Capy flag officer chats, "I saw my name.... what did i do?"

[Jul 1, 2011 7:48:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ravenkill1

well not long ago i posted a thread and the discussion was that quite a few 'super puzzlers' did lack in carousing skills compared to maybe some others this is a good chance to see whether the 'super puzzlers' will win again
ravendeth - cobalt
prevent - midnight
luminacy - malachite
luminacy - viridian
sacred - sage
ruined - hunter

Mediocre @ everything =)
[Jul 1, 2011 8:07:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

DID SOMEONE SAY FREE STUFF FOR SUPERPUZZLERS?!?

Whatup, I'll join as Dahlgren.
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Jul 1, 2011 5:02:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perenoel1

I'll enter on tzz.

I'm still confused why drinking can't be done like the other puzzles, but it looks like a fun event! A game to 1500 takes less time than a turbo TD game i think, or roughly the same. Anything but classic or 2500+ and i think you;d be surprised how fast the tournament could be finished.

Thanks for running a fun event!
Tzz Made of Fail on Midnight
Tzz's Ultimate puzzle Guide
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Perenoel1 at Jul 1, 2011 5:27:01 PM]
[Jul 1, 2011 5:21:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

I'll enter on tzz.

I'm still confused why drinking can't be done like the other puzzles, but it looks like a fun event! A game to 1500 takes less time than a turbo TD game i think, or roughly the same. Anything but classic or 2500+ and i think you;d be surprised how fast the tournament could be finished.

Thanks for running a fun event!

I ran some test tournaments unfortunatelyy I didn't keep the .exact results, I do remember that drinking took so long that a double elimination even to 1000 was took twice as long as the other puzzles. Maybe someone was just playing all there moves very slowly and tying up the whole draw (something which can't happen on turbo TD), I was left with either single elimination (which means you can't differentiate betwwen 9th and 16th) or the current format of treating it like hearts.

Anyway 4 pirate drinking is a rare event lets have something a little different.
[Jul 1, 2011 6:48:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Funnytuq

I'll register as Bloonz.
Congratulations for a nice event.
Bloonz on Malachite Emerald Obsidian heh
[Jul 2, 2011 7:28:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Captin_Morty

I would like to join, pirate name: Whalewacker
Stuie tells you, "how do i do blockades do i sit on the boys"
Stuie tells you, "is it better if i sail around and get diffrent boys or stay on one?"
Stuie tells you, "so jump from boy 2 boy?"
[Jul 2, 2011 8:06:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Basic_x

DID SOMEONE SAY FREE STUFF FOR SUPERPUZZLERS?!?

Whatup, I'll join as Dahlgren.

Dahlgren and Superpuzzler should not be put together in the same post.

Just saying, it's unethical.
Basicx of Sage Ocean
[Jul 2, 2011 8:57:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Honeyq3

Honeyq
[Jul 3, 2011 2:25:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
superstarsam

Entering on Geologist.

/crosses fingers to clear my schedule on the 10th..
Geologist - now exclusively Obsidian Emerald flavoured
[Jul 3, 2011 3:36:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PinGyp

well not long ago i posted a thread and the discussion was that quite a few 'super puzzlers' did lack in carousing skills compared to maybe some others this is a good chance to see whether the 'super puzzlers' will win again

Which doesn't really matter, even if it is so. With 5 carousing puzzles, or games rather, winning all of them probably wouldn't get you nowhere near to #1.

Pingster flag officer chats, "Crap"
Capy flag officer chats, "I saw my name.... what did i do?"

[Jul 3, 2011 4:31:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gambito2

O.o Parrot.... I will join as baldur
[Jul 3, 2011 9:37:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rogerrabit4

I am in Rogerrabit on sage :) just got to make sure i get the times correct now
[Jul 4, 2011 1:21:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brannier

D: You make me create a forum account just for this, so it better be worth it.

Anyhow, I am registering, as Brannier : D Gl all
[Jul 5, 2011 8:20:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Enertia7

I'll register as Enertia

Awesome event, should be some fun!
[Jul 5, 2011 8:25:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Porpella

add me as Extravaganza :)
[Jul 5, 2011 10:15:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
negnar

Doth thou yet value thy life at riske?
Oceansire of Sage (I shall never be an Emeraldian!)
[Jul 5, 2011 11:15:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
krazi99

Grogmeister on Sage.
[Jul 6, 2011 1:51:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

I am most certainly not going to be able to show up and you can therefore scratch me off the list.
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Jul 7, 2011 5:51:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perenoel1

do we have to participate in all events to be eligible for prizes?
Tzz Made of Fail on Midnight
Tzz's Ultimate puzzle Guide
[Jul 7, 2011 11:33:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

do we have to participate in all events to be eligible for prizes?

For the Saturday puzzles I can only see the top 20 in each puzzle so you don't have to do each of them, (not puzzling will have the same outcome as coming 21st)

The individual puzzle ribbon and the stage one overall leviathon tooth will be awarded through the competition system so there is no need ot register or play on day 2 for these.

On the Sunday I'm working on having 16 or at least a multiple of 4 players. Otherwise Hearts inparticular and to a certain extent drinking and the tournie puzzle are mess up as one drinnking table would only have 3 and there would be byes in the tournies.

Apollo has said that unless at least 8 of the top 16 from stage 1 partake in stage 2 then the prize will be reduced to a tan. I suspect this would require people to stay for all the Sunday puzzles.

Therefore to be eligable for the main prizes would would need to partake in each of the puzzles in stage 2. In case anyone finds they are unable to stay for the whole of the Sunday session I will hold Hearts first.
[Jul 7, 2011 1:17:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bilimoria

sign me up ;D IGN is Lighttell
[Jul 7, 2011 2:44:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 74   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates