• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 245
Posts: 245   Pages: 9   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 25852 times and has 244 replies Next Thread
Therealhunta

RiddleMakers intent for a semi-normal weekend

RM will not be defending most islands against the 24h grief-fest this weekend for a few reasons.

1.) We don't believe in the "If you can't beat them, try to make them stay up for 36h" Mentality that seems to be the theme for this weekend. If you guys can only win that way, have at it.

2.) A lot of our navers are taking part in OCL Swordfighting and expect to go deep into the tournament which will likely run over into the first blockades. We aren't going to put them in a position where they feel like they are letting us down if they don't come.

3.) A lot of people in RM are adults who have to work for a living and have familys. We can't poopsock blockades for 24h anymore, well some of us could but it would really blow come monday when we have to get up and be contributing members of society.

Forum Event Question:

How many water bottles of urine would the average 18-20 y/o male fill up in a 24h span ?

Prize for the correct answer will be an Atlantean Helm and a bucket of urine (otherwise known as yellow dye).
The person who gets the correct answer first will win a helm colored with a chroma.

*Answer is pre-set. Chroma colored Helm chosen by Hunta.
----------------------------------------
~~Hunta~~
RiddleMakers
Viridian Meridian Ocean
[Jun 24, 2011 3:17:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

Re: RiddleMakers intent for a semi-normal weekend

Now what sort of bottles are we talking here?
Seepnah
[Jun 24, 2011 3:21:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sav_

1.) We don't believe in the "If you can't beat them, try to make them stay up for 36h" Mentality that seems to be the theme for this weekend. If you guys can only win that way, have at it.

Weren't you guys involved in a similar situation more than a year and a half ago against VG? Oh yeah, really against it aren't we.
[Jun 24, 2011 3:28:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dalnoth

HEY GUYS THIS ONE TIME WHEN I WAS 8, I KISSED A GUY. THAT MAKES ME GAY. WHO WANTS TO GO DANCING WITH ME TONIGHT.
Dalnoth
Novo tells ye, "Howtie removed me as a manager from her tailor, my wager swordfighting career is over :(."
[Jun 24, 2011 3:31:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://somethingawful.com [Link]  Go to top 
Therealhunta

Now what sort of bottles are we talking here?

the average water bottle in the united states.
16.9 FL OZ bottle
~~Hunta~~
RiddleMakers
Viridian Meridian Ocean
[Jun 24, 2011 3:33:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Sav wrote: 
Weren't you guys involved in a similar situation more than a year and a half ago against VG? Oh yeah, really against it aren't we.
Yeah because things certainly do not change in a year!
Anchovia
[Jun 24, 2011 3:34:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
draton

2.5 bottles
Glacial - Meridian
Hielo - Emerald
Starscream - Obsidian

Nemesis says, "I think I found the problem."
Nemesis says, "You're a Decepticon."
Starscream says, "I've changed :("
Nemesis says, "They all say that.
[Jun 24, 2011 3:36:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

2 bottles
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Jun 24, 2011 3:37:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

Oh boy, we didn't think of that before stacking multiple islands. Guess, I'll be a dick and drop on Kirin too to make the weekend better.
Cairna
Monarch of Knockout on Meridian & Emerald
Loiosch says, "when do we ci"
Karthika says, "cai might spank me if i do"
[Jun 24, 2011 3:41:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
madzack2918

1.75 bottles
Omegaking of Emerald

Antix says, "Jesus was technically buried in a rock trap, and he came out alive. So I think it's a sign you have to rock trap."
Geologist says, "Wait, you're comparing Kory to Jesus?"

[Jun 24, 2011 3:41:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Therealhunta

Oh boy, we didn't think of that before stacking multiple islands. Guess, I'll be a dick and drop on Kirin too to make the weekend better.

Wow ... way to snipe Barhoums isle.....
~~Hunta~~
RiddleMakers
Viridian Meridian Ocean
[Jun 24, 2011 3:47:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

Man, what can I say. I invited him to do Kirin but he didn't want it.
Cairna
[Jun 24, 2011 3:48:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eketek

The average 18-20 year old male fills approximately 0 water bottles with urine in most 24 hour spans of time.

I can't speak for the rest of us and I haven't bothered to do any research, but I don't remember filling a single water bottle with [anyone's] urine during any of the 1096 applicable units of time.
Grandmaster Eketek's solution to everything:

Those who can pick up a pickup truck do not need to pick up pickup lines.
[Jun 24, 2011 3:50:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Therealhunta

Man, what can I say. I invited him to do Kirin but he didn't want it.

Well i'm glad you had the fortitude to "Invite" someone to drop.... Looks like he made you do your own dirty work, huh.
~~Hunta~~
RiddleMakers
Viridian Meridian Ocean
[Jun 24, 2011 3:53:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

More like he needed 5 more Xebecs, but no one would loan him them.
Anchovia
[Jun 24, 2011 3:54:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bomberace101

If RM wanted to defend at their own time could they not invite an ally/former ally to drop on the islands at the time of their choosing so that instead of defend 1 island every 3 or so hours for a whole day just defend 3/4 at the same time?

Or would this be against some blockade rule or unethical?
There is no such thing as a stupid question......

Just stupid People....

Usually me...
[Jun 24, 2011 4:11:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MadMe

If RM wanted to defend at their own time could they not invite an ally/former ally to drop on the islands at the time of their choosing so that instead of defend 1 island every 3 or so hours for a whole day just defend 3/4 at the same time?

Only works if you drop first. Read #2 of the OP.
Madme (on all oceans)
Captain of the Black Rum on the Meridian
A loyal Riddlemaker© on the Meridian
...and going MAD one gene at a time

Awesome Avatar by Catlin
[Jun 24, 2011 4:20:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Therealhunta

Well, we could have. But we won't be forced to play by someone elses rules due to an anatomy measuring contest. Choice is a wonderful thing in life.
~~Hunta~~
RiddleMakers
Viridian Meridian Ocean
[Jun 24, 2011 4:21:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bomberace101

Okay..

The idea was just floating around in my head that you could defend what hasn't already been dropped on in one go but if RM have other things then its ok. I'm sure we'll see some action in the weeks to come maybe.
There is no such thing as a stupid question......

Just stupid People....

Usually me...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by bomberace101 at Jun 24, 2011 4:25:57 PM]
[Jun 24, 2011 4:24:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Therealhunta

Okay..

The idea was just floating around in my head that you could defend what hasn't already been dropped on in one go but if RM have other things then its ok. I'm sure we'll see some action in the weeks to come maybe.

You can count on it :)
~~Hunta~~
RiddleMakers
Viridian Meridian Ocean
[Jun 24, 2011 4:28:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Narcissag

I know some jobbers will be really sad...some other's will be busy seeing them lovely ones *-*!

=*
Narci

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
[Jun 24, 2011 4:31:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wannita

3 bottles
Wannita,
Captain of the crew Ocean Warriors, on the Viridian Ocean
[Jun 24, 2011 4:35:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

Roughly translated as.

Now you've told us you aren't going to defend... free island!

(125k if your wanna be smart)

Woo, so now for sage?
Seepnah
[Jun 24, 2011 4:43:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Drakoding

3 bottles =D
Drakoding

Captain Of Shadow Troopers
King Of Ultimate Phantoms
[Jun 24, 2011 4:51:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thebigfella7

4.5 bottles.
Notoriouswag
Emerald
[Jun 24, 2011 4:51:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

Roughly translated as.

Now you've told us you aren't going to defend... free island!

(125k if your wanna be smart)

Woo, so now for sage?

Yeah, that's right. 125K for it. Atleast I had the balls and resources sitting around to be flexible enough to drop. Do you or anyone else wanna drop and make the flagsit more interesting? Feel free to, we'll be prepared none the less as if it's regular blockade. RM announcing a "no-defense at most of their islands" doesn't mean our fleet at Kirin will be 5 sloops, 3 wbs and a WF.
Cairna
[Jun 24, 2011 4:51:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

Not quoting to save the pyramid but the post is obvious in where its directed.

Yep maybe if I had spent a lot of RL Money on the game my flag that is less than a month into its existence and starting pretty much from scratch could take on a flag that buys islands buy outpaying whilst outjobbing.

In terms of resources, congratulations, the Turncoat's of viridian will get the ocean they deserve hiding behind a strong flag until a stronger flag appears, before then complaining that they have no targets to blockade. In before 3 months time, when you get bored of island sitting and blockade them and they start crying on the forums.

Sadly I'm moving house tomorrow so I won't be around to enjoy the flag sit. Look on the brightside, in 6 months time when you've ''Huntered'' Viridian you can go to sage as well!
Seepnah
[Jun 24, 2011 5:06:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 

3 and a half bottles of urine. (Though, I'm fairly certain 3 bottles is correct =/)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by 3501125 at Jun 24, 2011 5:30:10 PM]
[Jun 24, 2011 5:21:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

Not quoting to save the pyramid but the post is obvious in where its directed.

Yeah, I didn't deny it. A flagsit and its 125K for Kirin. Abit more if it isn't a flagsit. I don't believe everything I hear easily so we'll find out tomorrow.

Yep maybe if I had spent a lot of RL Money on the game my flag that is less than a month into its existence and starting pretty much from scratch could take on a flag that buys islands buy outpaying whilst outjobbing.

Or if you had skills to raise funds.

In terms of resources, congratulations, the Turncoat's of viridian will get the ocean they deserve hiding behind a strong flag until a stronger flag appears, before then complaining that they have no targets to blockade. In before 3 months time, when you get bored of island sitting and blockade them and they start crying on the forums.

Thanks. Haven't really seen a blockade happen without "resources" being involved, have you? A war frig costs 160K these days approximately..Even if you pay 0/seg you still need resources to have a fleet to blockade. Or wait, are you suggesting that we carry out the blockades on the blockade sim and post transfer threads?

Sadly I'm moving house tomorrow so I won't be around to enjoy the flag sit. Look on the brightside, in 6 months time when you've ''Huntered'' Viridian you can go to sage as well!

Have fun moving houses. I don't see how that's gonna happen. RM has a sound fund-raising system. There are some good poker players, SFers and SMH runners in the flag to keep the competition interesting. As Hunta stated before, there will be alot more action in the coming weeks. RM is a tough flag that has been around for ages, tested by time. Don't underestimate your ocean with such a small sample.
Cairna
[Jun 24, 2011 5:28:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

Skills to raise funds? Yep i've not got those oh damn. Theres a key word there, starting from SCRATCH meaning all funds raised in the early weeks goes to investing in infrastructure with which to build fleet stock etc and buy fleet.

Obviously when you were practically begging for my flag and I to join your side you must of discounted my lack of skills with which to raise poe :(

I mean, it must help to come to an ocean where everyone is ready to Rim you <Insert 90% of Viridian flag names here> and run round getting boats for you (Hi Ksb)

Yep, I know RM is a tough flag, I wasn't saying they were going to roll over and let you win but with your blockading style of outpay and outjob, i'd rather insert a rusty spork into my japseye than spend time resourcing up and blockading for 24 hours straight.
Seepnah
[Jun 24, 2011 5:46:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 245   Pages: 9   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates