• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 38
Posts: 38   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5989 times and has 37 replies Next Thread
willowpiper3

Don't job for U-Turn

Jut a warning for all of you guys out there that want to save some time. Don't job for U-Turn. They job for Atlantis and tend to have lots of enemies. Therefore we have a PvP. Well I guess no one knows how to disengage and we spend an hour sailing around taking damage. Oh we also sink in case you were wondering how it ends. Ya they get mad when I said, "I know who never to job for again...you guys stink". Ya so maybe it was bad to say that but they owe people for their time. Don't pay people for working for them for a hour and they don't understand that we could have left at any time and they could have sunk then and there. When we sank, we had about 5 of each move token so I would say there was some pretty terrible b-naving and the captain never told the workers what was going on nor did they say how they were doing. There was a good 15 minutes or so of complete silence except people leaving a gunning station. Then I get a message from Seraphie saying, Redacted - Well I think that is pretty obvious. You should pay someone for working for you. They got mad because they didn't get paid for working for you. Sucks to suck and U-Turn happens to suck. Just want to save you some time.

Willowpiper3- Former SO of Rolling Thunder and Prince of the Flag Tempest
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Bia at Jun 21, 2011 2:44:40 PM]
[Jun 21, 2011 2:07:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
draton

Re: Don't job for U-Turn

Ahaha, hahaha, haha, ha.

That is all.
Glacial - Meridian
Hielo - Emerald
Starscream - Obsidian

Nemesis says, "I think I found the problem."
Nemesis says, "You're a Decepticon."
Starscream says, "I've changed :("
Nemesis says, "They all say that.
[Jun 21, 2011 2:29:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

You're implying that U-turn were in control of the pvp that inevitably took place. They don't have lots of enemies, they have 1 flag which they are at war with, and you as a jobber took that risk when you hit apply.

Also, if shots were exchanged, they would not have been able to disengage and therefore didn't intentionally waste your time. And this is a rare moment for me, cause i'm going to say this; I agree with Seraphie. You outright went to them and said you'd never job for them, but you expected to get paid? Way to go there.

If you don't want to job for a flag that's at war, don't job for any of the crews in: Riddlemakers, Knockout, Legacy, The Wrath of Armageddon, Dragon Lords, The Bretheren Court, Imperial Coalition or Puzzleholics Anonymous. Or alternatively, you could grow some metophorical balls and take a risk or two as a jobber. There is never a guarantee you get paid, so don't complain when you don't when it couldn't be helped.
Disengaged.

Dexade tells ye, "i m not talking to you and dont want your cookies!"
[Jun 21, 2011 2:33:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Amburwashere

Man that sucks, I was jobbing for RM (the side that sunk U-turn) and Whiterose aka the devil put in 200k for the jobbers for their time.

Thanks for the fun Mimi ilu.
Ambur
Hunter and Viridian Ocean
Banned on 9-29-11
[Jun 21, 2011 2:41:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    amburPP@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
bethieboo

Lols. For the record, the tell which angry little mister willow conveniently left out was one I sent explaining that Cai was going to add poe to the booty, should we win, before heading to the planned SMH. (I honestly wonder if he would have made a fuss had we sunk in Atlantis as well...)

PS Permission wasn't granted for those logs, so <3

Editx2: grammarz
Sera/phie

Yassenn says, "you'd be surprised, i made this really cool spreadsheet a week or two ago"

Avi by Wayfarer
[Edit 2 times, last edit by bethieboo at Jun 21, 2011 6:46:03 PM]
[Jun 21, 2011 2:46:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
willowpiper3

I know the rules of PvP and they were having an Atlantis. They could easily run away and not have to fight. They also could have grappled. Either way works. I didn't expect to get paid because of what I said, but I did say that others should get paid but Seraphie gave me the impression that they would not get paid.
Also when your at war with Riddlemakers, your at war with a lot of enemies. Tell me a more prestigious flag than them that has the power and money to fight a war with multiple big enemies. Like you said though, PvP may not be their fault, but they should go about dealing with it a tad bit better. I stayed around hoping that they could save their ship. I could have left whenever I liked.
There are many people out there that are not as rich as Seraphie that would pay their jobbers for helping you out even if they didn't get paid. I feel that Seraphie should have the same respect for jobbers if they want to keep a good name for their crew. It was overall badly ran and most of the higher up's of their crew were on the ship so I feel that this situation is a testament to their crews skill and leadership.
Even though I may have said I'd never job for them again, the fact is I did. They should respect that and should Randomite. It also should be noted that Seraphie said that the other jobbers and I were lazy and not working hard enough and that is why we sank. Pretty sad excuse if you ask me. I already noted that they had plenty of move tokens and had very good gunners. Bilge was at zero despite big damage and a battle like that can't be blamed on anyone but a bad b-naver who is taking more damage than their ship can take. They should know when they can attack and when they have to run...
[Jun 21, 2011 2:48:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Luxory

Also when your at war with Riddlemakers, your at war with a lot of enemies. Tell me a more prestigious flag than them that has the power and money to fight a war with multiple big enemies

Antheas.
Luxory on Obsidian.
Aristoza flag royalty chats, "Ro initiated all the greenies by getting them on one big ship and sinking them all at once"
Positive Penguins
[Jun 21, 2011 2:51:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DementedDuck

Bilge was at zero despite big damage and a battle like that can't be blamed on anyone but a bad b-naver who is taking more damage than their ship can take. They should know when they can attack and when they have to run...
If you'd taken damage, you must have been hit. So they probably couldn't have disengaged. I'd be very surprised if they had wanted to do anything but disengage due to the fact it was an atlantis run.

There are plenty of crews/people who have provided people with legitimate reasons not to job for them. This is not one of those crews or people. You jobbed for atlantis - that's a sinking environment. Do you expect every atlantis navver to pay jobbers if their ship sinks in atlantis? No? Then why expect them to pay for a sink in an environment they weren't even aiming to be in?

And seriously, you sank on the way to atlantis. Not after four hours of hard puzzling with 400k booty, plus chests. On the way. That's what, 10-30 minutes depending on the length of the battle? Boo hoo. Don't job for them again, whatever. But stop the whining.
Evilduck/Superduck.
Emerald, Cerulean, and that other one.
Now in Obsidian flavour.

I record puzzles.
[Jun 21, 2011 3:41:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

They had the chance to grapple more than a couple times or simply try to run but didnt; from the very first move it was clear that they wanted the fight, I don't blame them for wanting to fight it tho.
Roseh

[Jun 21, 2011 3:45:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
willowpiper3

http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/War
The officers of U-Turn should read this. Also, you can run away and not get damage. Like the earlier post, they could have ran away. I'm not complaining necessarily about sinking or not getting paid. Like I said from the beginning, I'm trying to save you some time. U-Turn did a bad job of battling their enemies. They should have a duty naver on board and they should know that they have an enemy on route to their location before going to Atlantis.
Also, am I really whining? I'm saying that U-Turn is a bad crew. I'm not saying I want money. I'm saying they are a bad crew. That isn't whining. It's stating an opinion and giving a suggestion. If you don't care to listen that's cool, but I've never made a thread before and I don't spam. This ticked me off and I have a right to post this. The thing that ticked me off the most is that they ran it poorly and then I'm told that they blame it on their jobbers. As a bnaver, you should never blame your jobbers. At least out loud and directly to your jobbers.
[Jun 21, 2011 3:55:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sav_

Also, am I really whining?

Yes.
[Jun 21, 2011 4:00:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DementedDuck

Even if they did try to fight the battle, and lose it miserably, they had every right to. Like someone else mentioned, if you don't want things like that to happen, don't job with crews whose flags are at war. This battle took place at the beginning of the voyage with nothing at stake except ten minutes of your time, and a stocked ship belonging to the crew. Had the sink occurred after hours of hard work, I'd agree with you, but it didn't. You barely lost anything. The owner of the ship lost more than you did so quit your whining.
Evilduck/Superduck.
Emerald, Cerulean, and that other one.
Now in Obsidian flavour.

I record puzzles.
[Jun 21, 2011 4:11:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Oh I am not saying U-Turn shouldn't fight the pvp, everyone that knows me know if it was the other way around we would of fought it as well, both flags like a good war and there's nothing wrong with it but saying they couldn't dis even tho they probably wanted to is bs; you weren't in the pvp, anyone that took part can tell the intention was never to dis.
Roseh

[Jun 21, 2011 4:35:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

I honestly wonder if he would have made a fuss should we have sunk in Atlantis as well...
This.
[removed by SOPA]
[Jun 21, 2011 4:37:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sdafda

Willowpipper...shut up...please.
(A summary of what everyone is saying)
War is part of the game. Because they sunk and you guys didn't get paid isn't against the rules in anyway. U-turns intention was to SMh, which is what you jobbed for, but, the plan didn't go that way because of an unfortunate event. They were not obligated to pay you for this because, again, it was originally designed for an SMh, not a pvp. I understand what you're saying about disengage/etc but, I guess they didn't for their own personal reason. It's really nothing to tart about. Just relax and keep things going.
Sdafda on Sage

Jerich flag royalty chats, "This is why we have no friends.
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Sdafda at Jun 21, 2011 4:55:54 PM]
[Jun 21, 2011 4:44:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ubernova

Also when your at war with Riddlemakers, your at war with a lot of enemies. Tell me a more prestigious flag than them that has the power and money to fight a war with multiple big enemies

Antheas.

That just made my day
Bowser
[Jun 21, 2011 4:59:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Therealhunta

~~Hunta~~
RiddleMakers
Viridian Meridian Ocean
[Jun 21, 2011 5:02:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

Moral of the thread? L2PvP.
Bunnyspawn, Malachite's most arrogant player.

Also Bunnyspawn on Sage and Hunter;Disgraced on Viridian.

I support PvP in sinking environments.
[Jun 21, 2011 5:03:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
willowpiper3

lulz, I'll shut up about it. I just know crews that look at what their enemies are doing before they go out with a ship. With only 1 enemy, it really shouldn't be to hard...
[Jun 21, 2011 6:29:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
timmy22t

This may be the stupidest thread ive seen in awhile. U-turn is a small group of pirates from hunter which is going to show this ocean a lot of fun blockades.
They are at War with RM... Why? Not because they caded an island, which is how most wars start with RM, but not this one, this one started because they both wanted to sink each other's ship, as simple as that...
[Jun 21, 2011 6:51:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

I honestly wonder if he would have made a fuss should we have sunk in Atlantis as well...
This.

Probably not, since sinking in Atlantis means having made it to Atlantis, which is probably why the guy was there in the first place.
I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[Jun 21, 2011 7:03:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Jeesh..where does this thread rank on the stupid meter.
Captainrich
[Jun 21, 2011 7:57:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

This may be the stupidest thread ive seen in awhile.

You sure about that? I'm sure the ammount of stupidity you posted on that Exposed thread tops this thread.
Roseh

[Jun 21, 2011 8:52:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

In comes Rose with the left hook.
Captainrich
[Jun 21, 2011 9:11:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Yeah the amount of stupidity Jennyjen manages to put together in that thread is rather comical, go have a laugh its on Hunter Parley :D.
Roseh

[Jun 21, 2011 9:18:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Isn't Hunter Parley the realm of Dahlgren? I don't feel mighty enough to stay in those waters.
Captainrich
[Jun 21, 2011 9:33:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

You are safe Richy, I'll protect you just like I protect you from JK; RM have taken over Hunter, it's a safer place now.
Roseh

[Jun 21, 2011 9:37:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fishn_rox

You're implying that U-turn were in control of the pvp that inevitably took place. They don't have lots of enemies, they have 1 flag which they are at war with, and you as a jobber took that risk when you hit apply.

Also, if shots were exchanged, they would not have been able to disengage and therefore didn't intentionally waste your time. And this is a rare moment for me, cause i'm going to say this; I agree with Seraphie. You outright went to them and said you'd never job for them, but you expected to get paid? Way to go there.

If you don't want to job for a flag that's at war, don't job for any of the crews in: Riddlemakers, Knockout, Legacy, The Wrath of Armageddon, Dragon Lords, The Bretheren Court, Imperial Coalition or Puzzleholics Anonymous. Or alternatively, you could grow some metophorical balls and take a risk or two as a jobber. There is never a guarantee you get paid, so don't complain when you don't when it couldn't be helped.

x2. Well said Dis <3
Cheers, Plano.

Ye told Hera, "Since you have such GREAT taste... do you think you could fix our beloved Lima Inn? :P"
Hera tells ye, "I'm not brave enough for that!"

Apollo tells ye, "Can I be your butler?"
[Jun 21, 2011 10:08:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

You are safe Richy, I'll protect you just like I protect you from JK; RM have taken over Hunter, it's a safer place now.

What are you talking about? For the longest time I was protecting you! You just revived me when I died doing that. RM has taken over Hunter now too? I am going to start blockading you all and every intent will be Star Wars related and a picture of you pasted onto the Emperor. Any stoners out there can be Yoda as long as they give me some crazy spirituality and morality quotes when your high that I can use in intents. Wait forgot I am broke..damn.
Captainrich
[Jun 21, 2011 10:19:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chibilover

Oh come on, you're just encouraging me to job with them, my friend.
Princessina on Meridian.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by chibilover at Jun 22, 2011 12:07:33 AM]
[Jun 22, 2011 12:04:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 38   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates