• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2017 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Joetheafro

Compromised account Reply to this Post

I was on at about 1 AM last night (my time) and when I woke up and tried to log in, I was banned for "Account Compromised" I thought I was banned for ever but I read some stuff and it's actually a lock on an account, I sent in to support (twice on accident 0_0) but no reply after about 4 hours.... so I need some help with this ...thanks :)
----------------------------------------
Orblooc of EMERALD
---------------------
[Jun 19, 2011 12:55:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Abandonment

Re: Compromised account Reply to this Post

I was on at about 1 AM last night (my time) and when I woke up and tried to log in, I was banned for "Account Compromised" I thought I was banned for ever but I read some stuff and it's actually a lock on an account, I sent in to support (twice on accident 0_0) but no reply after about 4 hours.... so I need some help with this ...thanks :)

OOO's support for the most part operate normal business hours. You probably wont hear anything back until monday at the earliest, probably late monday/tuesday dependent on when you sent your email.

Be patient :)
Priapus/Guantanamo
[Jun 19, 2011 1:00:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joetheafro

OOO's support for the most part operate normal business hours. You probably wont hear anything back until monday at the earliest, probably late monday/tuesday dependent on when you sent your email.

Be patient :)

Oh.. I forgot it was Sunday..... Guess i'll just play black ops to kill the time
Orblooc of EMERALD
---------------------
[Jun 19, 2011 1:02:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

Just wait.

Technically the second support request delayed your first.

Just wait, unless both requests were poorly phrased - i.e. you haven't shown that access is no longer compromised.
[Jun 19, 2011 1:02:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joetheafro

Just wait, unless both requests were poorly phrased - i.e. you haven't shown that access is no longer compromised.

Are you suggesting I enter a third? :P
Orblooc of EMERALD
---------------------
[Jun 19, 2011 1:04:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

If your account is "temp" banned because access to it is compromised, you won't be unbanned until it no longer is, which is going to be hard without some form of communication.

If you put enough in already to set up communication AND trustworthiness, then don't.

Also, although you should NOT give any more information here (forums), that makes it hard for me to know what was said, and since I don't have a need to know, that doesn't matter.

All I'm saying is that the worst a support request from a banned e-mail address can do is delay your response, because it is the last one that is looked at.

As it seems both you and I understand it, a "compromised" ban is NOT a ban on you, the player, but rather on your account until it is no longer compromised.
[Jun 19, 2011 1:16:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Joetheafro

I recently Received an email on monday saying to give them Doubloon purchase info, I gave them my one from 2009 and still no response.. is it because they have to look it up?
Orblooc of EMERALD
---------------------
[Jun 22, 2011 6:50:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jezzebel

I'm fairly certain that only the most senior OMs access billing information, so that may indeed take a bit longer.
Redjenny, Now merged with Health Nutz
Thebloggess wrote: 
A hug is like a strangle you haven't finished yet!

[Jun 22, 2011 8:28:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyubi74

It can take up to 7 days to justify if the acc is yours or not, Hera Has told me this before.
Kyubi
- Captain Of Ninety-Nine Problems -
- King Of No Apologies -
-Emerald-

Ky
=Captain Of Glad You Came=
=Member Of Knockout=
=Meridian=

Kyubi you have earned some massive respect from me - Yaruto
[Jun 22, 2011 8:34:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates