• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 126
Posts: 126   Pages: 5   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14968 times and has 125 replies Next Thread
MimiLinda

Re: Wakey pakey, Ksb! (Legacy's intent for Napi)

Pay went from 7500 to 9999 there was no stop mid way and the raise to 9999 was made by WoA and matched by Legacy' I believe at this point jobbing was pretty even since Legacys massive incline happened when WoA LA failed to send ships in.
----------------------------------------
Roseh

[Jun 20, 2011 8:00:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Where you at the same blockade the rest of us where?

I thought I saw (and was also told) that Legacy had raised from 7k to 9k.

I'm pretty sure Legacy raised at one point. I may be wrong, but there we go.

You should get new glasses, however, yes, we did raise one time.

When pay was at 7K, I got some threatening tells from Daggy. They didn't really scare me much, and the next raise was only 1 PoE, up to 7001. We matched, they raised to 7069. Q doesn't really appreciate 69-jokes, so he raised til 7500, and it was immediately matched - it's not like it mattered at that point. A few minutes later, WoA raised to 9999 and Legacy matched.

Any clearer?

Edit: As it's being discussed, I guess I can show it, even if it isn't pretty.

Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ezder at Jun 20, 2011 8:06:04 AM]
[Jun 20, 2011 8:00:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

The 9999poe raise happened 4 min before the blockade, that raise was unnecessary, as the chart shows jobbing was dead even by then proving further more that idea was just to push the competition off the board.
Roseh

[Jun 20, 2011 8:16:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DementedDuck

The 9999poe raise happened 4 min before the blockade, that raise was unnecessary, as the chart shows jobbing was dead even by then proving further more that idea was just to push the competition off the board.

As if it needs to be proven; the fact that this was Ksb and Napi pretty much proves that was the intent.

Props to Legacy for answering their critics by hitting Napi. Too bad the kade was very little fun.
Evilduck/Superduck.
Emerald, Cerulean, and that other one.
Now in Obsidian flavour.

I record puzzles.
[Jun 20, 2011 8:40:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

As if it needs to be proven; the fact that this was Ksb and Napi pretty much proves that was the intent.

Props to Legacy for answering their critics by hitting Napi. Too bad the kade was very little fun.

The critics did not make the Napi blockade happen. In fact, this drop would have happened a month ago if Q hadn't found the critics so pathetic.

Edit: At first I wrote "annoying", but Q corrected me on that one and out of the words he used, "pathetic" was the only one I could write without getting forumbanned.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ezder at Jun 20, 2011 8:59:23 AM]
[Jun 20, 2011 8:50:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bobdonnell

The critics did not make the Napi blockade happen. In fact, this drop would have happened a month ago if Q hadn't found the critics so annoying.

That doesn't make alot of sense, wouldn't it have been better to silience the critics before they became annoying?
Avatar by the Beautiful Velternal <3

Vsmeifudare says, "hi"
Nightwishtwo says, "drop dead"
[Jun 20, 2011 8:59:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Vs wrote:

That doesn't make alot of sense, wouldn't it have been better to silience the critics before they became annoying?

So in your opinion, giving in to pathetic nagging is the correct way to deal with it?

You're going to be a great parent one day. ;)
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

[Jun 20, 2011 9:07:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bobdonnell

Vs wrote:

So in your opinion, giving in to pathetic nagging is the correct way to deal with it?

Well what difference does it make to say no for a month then say yes? it's the exact same outcome, so the only point of the delay was to drop on two pointless outposts before giving into nagging any way as you put it.
Avatar by the Beautiful Velternal <3

Vsmeifudare says, "hi"
Nightwishtwo says, "drop dead"
[Jun 20, 2011 9:11:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Narcissag

this reminds me ...
Narci

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
[Jun 20, 2011 9:14:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
travischia

I didn't have a chance to thank all my jobbers & cade staff properly as I had to go offline urgently after Round 1.

Nevertheless, since I do have some free time now, in my capacity as King of WoA, I'll like to express my heartfelt gratitude to everyone who jobbed or helped WoA in the cade crew at such short notice. If any of my cade staff was rude, etc, I'm sorry for the bad experience.

For those of you who didn't job for WoA, I hope I can win you over to my boats in future. ;)
Ksb, King of WoA on Meridian.
Ksb on all Oceans.
[Jun 20, 2011 9:22:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Basic_x

Might we be see'ing WoA blockade in the near future?
Basicx of Sage Ocean
[Jun 20, 2011 9:36:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Vs wrote:

I heard spending most of your time on a video game instead of looking after your child is good parenting.

Vs is right here, and I'll throw your example back at you. Your kid wants a toy. He bugs you about it for a month. After a month you give it to him. You tell him if he hadn't been annoying/pathetic a month ago he would have gotten it then. Not only is this BS, it makes your kid dislike you because you made him wait, and that's a bogus reason. If you guys were gonna do it anyway, and people told you to do it, not doing it is the dumbest thing you could have done.

Congrats. I give you credit for having the balls to drop, but everytime I read something about Legacy, or a post by Avienda / Qvintus, I find you guys more and more annoying.

It's cool though, you guys are up to what? 8 islands now? So I guess your lives are pretty fulfilled.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Jun 20, 2011 9:46:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

It's cool though, you guys are up to what? 8 islands now? So I guess your lives are pretty fulfilled.

What's the record by RM atm? Maybe that would make for a good goal... Anyone knows if they could get as many as RM got, without hitting RM? ^^
This kid wants more!
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Jun 20, 2011 10:54:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
M_Cobain

Vs wrote:

I heard spending most of your time on a video game instead of looking after your child is good parenting.

Vs is right here, and I'll throw your example back at you. Your kid wants a toy. He bugs you about it for a month. After a month you give it to him. You tell him if he hadn't been annoying/pathetic a month ago he would have gotten it then. Not only is this BS, it makes your kid dislike you because you made him wait, and that's a bogus reason. If you guys were gonna do it anyway, and people told you to do it, not doing it is the dumbest thing you could have done.

Congrats. I give you credit for having the balls to drop, but everytime I read something about Legacy, or a post by Avienda / Qvintus, I find you guys more and more annoying.

I'm not sure if a sixteen year old kid like yourself is very credible when it comes to critisizing someone's parenting.
I remember playing Sonic 2 on a sunday afternoon with my brother and dad was one of the best things ever. Yeah, we spent all day behind our sega, but I think I came out allright.
Martobain

YPPedia improved with Tom Cruise the Elephant (who's my friend and buddy) catalogue!
[Jun 20, 2011 11:29:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

I'm not 16 Marto, and there is a difference between playing video games with your child, and playing Y!PP and leaving your child in the background.

Or, is this just RM defending Legacy now that Cairna is here?
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Jun 20, 2011 11:32:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Go to jail. Tell em you want your dinner RIGHT THE EFF NOW.
Guaranteed all youll get is a sore ass.

Same concept is applied to parenting bratty kids.
But apparently your mothers spoiled you.
That explains alot.

Edit: As per Legacy. It annoyed them that they were nagged for a drop on WoA. It now thoroughly annoys you that they took their sweet ass time in doing so. Tit for tat. Get over it crybaby.
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by LunEnvoy at Jun 20, 2011 11:37:38 AM]
[Jun 20, 2011 11:35:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
M_Cobain

Go to jail. Tell em you want your dinner RIGHT THE EFF NOW.
Guaranteed all youll get is a sore ass.

Same concept is applied to parenting bratty kids.
But apparently your mothers spoiled you.
That explains alot.

Edit: As per Legacy. It annoyed them that they were nagged for a drop on WoA. It now thoroughly annoys you that they took their sweet ass time in doing so. Tit for tat. Get over it crybaby.

I kind of wonder what kind of parenting would have you as its final product.
Martobain

YPPedia improved with Tom Cruise the Elephant (who's my friend and buddy) catalogue!
[Jun 20, 2011 11:40:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

I wasn't aware Lune has parents. Last I checked hes pixels. If you'd like to inquire into the life of Christopher Childs, you'd be rather surprised to find a different character entirely. But thanks anyhow.
LoLune

[Jun 20, 2011 11:52:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
muppman

is this just RM defending Legacy now that Cairna is here?

No, a defence of Legacy would imply an attack on Legacy. Your attack was on me and my wife as persons and Marto defended us since he is a decent human being, unlike some.

PS This will be my only comment on the topic. If you want to discuss my personal life further, you will have to do that alone.
/Qvintus, First mate of Nightmare and King of Legacy
[Edit 1 times, last edit by muppman at Jun 20, 2011 12:12:35 PM]
[Jun 20, 2011 12:10:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Lune's parents hate his bum self so much they made him join the Navy and even the Navy didn't want him. True stuff there.
Captainrich
[Jun 20, 2011 12:22:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

is this just RM defending Legacy now that Cairna is here?

No, a defence of Legacy would imply an attack on Legacy. Your attack was on me and my wife as persons and Marto defended us since he is a decent human being, unlike some.

PS This will be my only comment on the topic. If you want to discuss my personal life further, you will have to do that alone.

Really? Avienda said the same thing to Brenton and you had no problem with it. If you want to preach about decent human beings, avoid favoritism. Thanks.

And, I lol'd at the attempt of a joke, it's not too hard to figure out that RM is trying to be all buddy buddy with Legacy till Cairna goes away (which won't happen anytime in the near future despite what some people think).
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Jun 20, 2011 12:36:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
false_dmitri

That's an interesting graph. When pay is matched, how normal is it for both sides to climb at the same rate before the blockade, then one side to flatline
while the other side goes up another 100 jobbers? Did WoA pause jobbing or something? Did a bunch of Legacy allies log on at once?

M_Cobain wrote: 
but I think I came out allright.

>.>
On hiatus. :(
[Edit 1 times, last edit by false_dmitri at Jun 20, 2011 12:43:41 PM]
[Jun 20, 2011 12:43:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

The Navy loved me actually. I just slept with too many of their recruiters, they either had to fire all of them n hire me, or pay me 2 grand to keep mum. So I nailed the XO n called it quits.
LoLune

[Jun 20, 2011 12:49:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Narcissag

Cremate, I'm sorry mate but Avienda spoke about about a general of "We as Legacy are not doing what people wants us to do "or in this case "when people want us to doet", you for the other hand go straight to a personal matter, you should apologize.

I'm not taking sides here, and I'm sorry if my english isn't that proper but it seems a bit too much.

I'm not saying you are not a decent person but you entering on comments about how they deal with THEIR matters is in fact their issue not yours, and not ours.

As for RM, they are great friends, great people who always have been there for Legacy as a flag even when legacy didn't own any islands or Knockout was in town.. So we can't say that RM's is train to be: "all buddy buddy" because they always have been that way with us.

Cheers <3!
Narci

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Narcissag at Jun 20, 2011 1:25:50 PM]
[Jun 20, 2011 1:22:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

This thread is getting uncomfortably personal and it would be better to just stop. I may not agree how some players in this thread go about their business, but I'm not going to sink to the levels we're seeing here.

As for the critics being annoying and putting it off as a result, it still comes off as appeasing critics because you directly referenced them. I criticized you heavily a few weeks ago and I still believe I was justified in doing so. You answered my points (and many others', I'm sure) so that's that. There is no 'Ha! What now?' nor should any critics be saying 'Ha! Made you do it!' Congrats on the win and enjoy your island.

And if Cairna is a mutual (perceived) enemy of Legacy and RM, it only makes sense for them to work together. And Marto defending Legacy players from such personal posts has nothing to do with politics. I would think you're aware that people are friends off the board.
[removed by SOPA]
[Jun 20, 2011 1:30:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DementedDuck

The critics did not make the Napi blockade happen. In fact, this drop would have happened a month ago if Q hadn't found the critics so pathetic.

I was actually just congratulating you, I wasn't trying to imply you'd only done this to answer critics. It just so happens that answering them is what you've done and I was saying well done.

Methinks someone's a tad defensive.
Evilduck/Superduck.
Emerald, Cerulean, and that other one.
Now in Obsidian flavour.

I record puzzles.
[Jun 20, 2011 2:21:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Abandonment

As much as it's nice to give the critics a finger, in the blockade game public opinion can make or break a flag. Royals of a flag that claim to be so disinterested in critical opinion are either bad royals or they're not being entirely truthful.

Either way, it was nice to finally see Napi blockaded, congratulations on your new island. Let's hope we see it blockaded more often.
Priapus/Guantanamo
[Jun 20, 2011 2:32:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

@Narci: Read the thread, Avienda said Vsmeifudare would be a bad parent off no base, so I said she is probably a bad parent off the same lack of base. The fact you guys at Legacy are actually offended by this is saddening. I assumed Avienda was being sarcastic, and so was I, maybe she wasn't being sarcastic, who knows, I wasn't trying to make anyone feel sad or not good enough, but if you guys take offhanded comments that seriously, no wonder you complain about critics all the time.

Anyways, personal butthurts aside, as that's not the topic, my point was that RM and Legacy aren't the best of friends typically. Sure, you guys get along, but there's bad blood. Now with Cairna here, a few people in RM are all like OMGS BE NICE TO LEGACY GET THEIR SUPPORT TILL HE'S GONE because they're afraid of losing some PoE and some islands, and they know Legacy has the PoE resources to oust them.

Selling out over a game, classy!

Once again, congrats on having the balls for Napi.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Jun 20, 2011 2:40:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
M_Cobain

@Narci: Read the thread, Avienda said Vsmeifudare would be a bad parent off no base, so I said she is probably a bad parent off the same lack of base. The fact you guys at Legacy are actually offended by this is saddening. I assumed Avienda was being sarcastic, and so was I, maybe she wasn't being sarcastic, who knows, I wasn't trying to make anyone feel sad or not good enough, but if you guys take offhanded comments that seriously, no wonder you complain about critics all the time.

Anyways, personal butthurts aside, as that's not the topic, my point was that RM and Legacy aren't the best of friends typically. Sure, you guys get along, but there's bad blood. Now with Cairna here, a few people in RM are all like OMGS BE NICE TO LEGACY GET THEIR SUPPORT TILL HE'S GONE because they're afraid of losing some PoE and some islands, and they know Legacy has the PoE resources to oust them.

Selling out over a game, classy!

Once again, congrats on having the balls for Napi.

I never cared for politics, and I never will. I tried once, but I didn't understand it. So I stopped trying. The people who are active in politics know that I don't care about them (politics, and sometimes the people behind them).
So as long as these people realise I like or dislike them despite their political interest and/or opinion, I'm cool with other people thinking that politics are a factor in ingame relations.

Gosh that looks weird.
Martobain

[Jun 20, 2011 2:48:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Ya, ok Marto, nice try, acting like you don't care about politics when it's your life. </endsarcasm>.

To be honest, I wasn't talking about you, I don't know much about you, but you're pretty alright in my book. (No homo).
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Jun 20, 2011 2:52:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 126   Pages: 5   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates