• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 126
Posts: 126   Pages: 5   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 15009 times and has 125 replies Next Thread
kenjennings

Re: Wakey pakey, Ksb! (Legacy's intent for Napi)

True. My point was that the 20mil could've been spent over 3 rounds and it would have been a decent blockade. I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering WoA's past paying tendencies.
----------------------------------------
[removed by SOPA]
[Edit 2 times, last edit by kenjennings at Jun 19, 2011 11:59:12 AM]
[Jun 19, 2011 7:44:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

Oh man so jack it up to 10k for RAHRAHRAH ANGRY KSB effect and then run away when your bluff is called?

I lol'd. Come ragepost, please.
I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[Jun 19, 2011 11:40:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Ksb defended his island, put up a good fight, lost and was a good sport about it.

Cool down on the trashing, please. It's uncalled for.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Jun 19, 2011 2:31:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Justrandomzz

Ksb defended his island, put up a good fight, lost and was a good sport about it.

Put up a good fight? Are you serious?
Justrandomzz on Emerald and Meridian
Captain of Shots Fired
King of Black Dawn Brigade
[Jun 19, 2011 2:46:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Narcissag

Put up a good fight? Are you serious?

We usually are!...
Narci

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
[Jun 19, 2011 3:10:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WenchCleo

I wasn't there... But seriously, raising pay to 10k in the first round then pulling out is not defending, putting up a good fight or being a good sport. I'm glad Ksb didn't go drama queen on you, but obviously he had the resources to actually fight a REAL blockade and didn't.
Tikao of Viridian Meridian Ocean
Captain of Dark Horizon, Queen of Brink of Dawn

Martobain wrote: 
This thread is like a spanish soap series, I don't have a clue what they are saying and all the actors suck.

[Jun 19, 2011 3:45:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sdafda

Sounds like the blockade was interesting but, sadly, I missed it. Nice work Legacy!
Sdafda on Sage

Jerich flag royalty chats, "This is why we have no friends.
[Jun 19, 2011 5:31:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Sdafda, did you even read the thread? The whole blockade has already been explained in this thread. Ksb raised to 10k before the kade even began (or shortly after it started, can't remember, was playing Portal Prelude), gets outjobbed by 150 and pulls out after one round. How is that an interesting blockade? That is a paywar gone bad and a massive outjobbing, a three frig advantage is pretty insurmountable.

Nice job Legacy. More people jobbed for you than a douche who stood up his wedding for the game and sat on an island for two years. You earned it.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Jun 19, 2011 6:08:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Interesting? Yeah I'll give him that, it was interesting to see pay go from 1k to 4k to 7k to 10k but good no; I don't get the point trying to draw your competition out before it even starts, I rather see smaller but even well fought blockades.

Do I blame Legacy for matching? not at all I would of matched as well after seeing how certain members on that alliance like to play the blockade game.
Roseh

[Jun 19, 2011 6:27:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Oh, I'm not saying Legacy did anything wrong by matching and winning the blockade, I'm just saying it's not something to take pride or confidence from.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Jun 19, 2011 6:34:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyubi74

Nice job Legacy. More people jobbed for you than a douche who stood up his wedding for the game and sat on an island for two years. You earned it.

He ditched his own wedding for a game? O.o
Kyubi
- Captain Of Ninety-Nine Problems -
- King Of No Apologies -
-Emerald-

Ky
=Captain Of Glad You Came=
=Member Of Knockout=
=Meridian=

Kyubi you have earned some massive respect from me - Yaruto
[Jun 19, 2011 6:40:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

That is commitment to your games there.
Captainrich
[Jun 19, 2011 8:42:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Why put a ring on it when you can have three?
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Jun 19, 2011 9:07:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rohane

I see what you did there.. >.>
~Rohane
No one agrees with him. Then again he doesn't agree with anyone else either.

http://www.phpbbplanet.com/roms/
The link above is for my own personal benifit. kkthnxbai
[Jun 19, 2011 9:38:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joshuawhelan

To be fair to Ksb, he was quite heavily out-jobbed, at 9999/seg I'd say its a good reason to pull out in round 1 when you're 200 jobbers down.
[Jun 20, 2011 1:32:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cnuofesd

To be fair to Ksb, he was quite heavily out-jobbed, at 9999/seg I'd say its a good reason to pull out in round 1 when you're 200 jobbers down.

If you raise pay to the point where it doesn't go any higher, then you eliminate the ability raise pay when your jobbers behind. I believe at the beginning of R1 WoA were even, if not ahead in jobbing numbers as the round went live when they raised the 9999/seg 4 minutes prior to this. They also had a points lead after atleast the first segment which shows they were not in a bad position from when the cade commences.

If you are wishing to defend Ksb, then you could say that he chose to raise to that ammount, which put him in the situation where he had to pull out at the end of the round. This means that although it was the only sane descision to remove his side from the blockade, had he have chosen the right options earlier then he could have kept the cade competative for much longer and given his side a better chance of winning.

On the other hand, it could be considered a calculated risk that was just wide of the mark. His strategy was to pay Legacy off the board. However, Ksb is not the only person to apparently underestimate Legacy's financial power this week, so prehaps this could be forgiven and just forgotten as a misread of the situation. If Ksb redrops, it's likely we'll see a different strategy to 9999/seg. If this is the case it's time to move on and look forward to future weekends rather than bash somebody for making an understandable error.

gg mates and thanks for the fun.
Capablanca on Emerald
My posts are not my own opinion.
[Jun 20, 2011 1:46:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Yes, he was. I normally use a jobber tracker that shows jobbing numbers every 2 minutes in a graph, so that we don't have to click flag names all the time, but for some reason, it crashed in the beginning of R1, while we were temporarily outjobbed, and I assumed that it would stay that way. After that, with the blockade being very intense and with no need to keep track of pay raises and matches, we didn't really look until at the end, when the board became noticeably flooded with Legacy ships and we started getting a huge incline in points. By then, we were indeed outjobbing by about 180, and decided to hold jobbing, and start taking ships off the board. We didn't even job our ally royals after that (sorry, Yasmi).

However, from looking at the correct graph that Margaritaq sent me after the blockade, it seems they were already pulling out at that point. We did indeed pull ahead on jobbers when the round started, and had about 70 jobbers advantage (about 500 to 430) for the early/middle half of the round. About 30 minutes into the round, WoA's jobbing numbers suddenly started declining really fast, and Legacy's increased. Probably that was where WoA decided to pull out, and stopped jobbing, making some of their jobbers come to us instead.

So, you are right, but you are not entirely right.

Might also be worth adding that Q offered Cairna to lower pay to 1K for R2 if that could keep them in the game and avoid a flagsit, but they still chose to pull out.

Edit: Cnuofesd posted while I was typing, and I agree with him for the most part. So let's say I just added some numbers and facts.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ezder at Jun 20, 2011 2:12:11 AM]
[Jun 20, 2011 2:07:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joshuawhelan

If you raise pay to the point where it doesn't go any higher, then you eliminate the ability raise pay when your jobbers behind. I believe at the beginning of R1 WoA were even, if not ahead in jobbing numbers as the round went live when they raised the 9999/seg 4 minutes prior to this. They also had a points lead after atleast the first segment which shows they were not in a bad position from when the cade commences.

If you are wishing to defend Ksb, then you could say that he chose to raise to that ammount, which put him in the situation where he had to pull out at the end of the round. This means that although it was the only sane descision to remove his side from the blockade, had he have chosen the right options earlier then he could have kept the cade competative for much longer and given his side a better chance of winning.

On the other hand, it could be considered a calculated risk that was just wide of the mark. His strategy was to pay Legacy off the board. However, Ksb is not the only person to apparently underestimate Legacy's financial power this week, so prehaps this could be forgiven and just forgotten as a misread of the situation. If Ksb redrops, it's likely we'll see a different strategy to 9999/seg. If this is the case it's time to move on and look forward to future weekends rather than bash somebody for making an understandable error.

gg mates and thanks for the fun.

I'm not defending Ksb, I'm just saying that when there's no possibility to get back into it in terms of jobbers without messing Legacy about with a problem they didn't create, its pointless 'putting up a good blockade' for two more rounds as everybody expected. WoA were out-jobbed from the start if I remember correctly because Ksb put his job offer up about ten minutes later than Legacy. Seems like Ksb had some kind of strategy planned out though where Napi wasn't the highest priority.
[Jun 20, 2011 2:12:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

I think the main reason WoA got so badly outjobbed its because at times they just simply forgot to send ships into the board (there was a point where they had 3 frigs loaded just sitting int the dock); when you have a 9999 a seg blockade jobbers aren't going to job for the side thats forgetting to assign navers to the frigs while loading them, they want to go in and actually puzzle to make the 10k.

Leason learned don't use new land staff when you know you are willing to go to 10k a seg or over sleep like RM did today :D
Roseh

[Jun 20, 2011 2:24:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
travischia

You guys should seriously look at yourselves when you post conspiracy theories about someone whom you haven't even talk to or met before. Judging someone from heresay and blindly bashing someone with hatred is just ridiculous.

I think most of the unhappiness stemmed from the fact that I sat on Napi for 2 years. Yup, that I did. Not to mention that infamous thread somewhere on VP where my usual haters have to bump up every now and then. I posted it when I had a bad day and I regretted immensely when I look back at that dreaded thread every now and then. That was what, a year ago?

Lay off the personal attacks on me mates.

It's a game that I loved once but dreaded for some time now. There will be a time in life when you grow out of this game and find that everything that's being argued on VP is pointless and silly. Spreading rumors when I'm not even online much is just way low mates.

That's all I got to say mates. Cheers. Flame away.
Ksb, King of WoA on Meridian.
Ksb on all Oceans.
[Jun 20, 2011 3:05:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Leason learned don't use new land staff when you know you are willing to go to 10k a seg or over sleep like RM did today :D
To be fair, whilst it's not generally a good idea to use new land staff at a big blockade like Napi was (I'm assuming it was judging by pay and the jobbing numbers I heard), it's nice seeing flags using new staff. At most blockades it seems like you see the same people on each side and that's pretty boring.

You guys are going to need to max out a credit card. Never have I ever had to rush that quickly to get ready to go out. ):
Anchovia
[Jun 20, 2011 4:28:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

I agree with you its good to see new people like for example poor Fear got stuck JCing alone today for a fair bit of the blockade because I forgot there's a difference between Snooze and Dismiss *oops* but using a new JC/LA as your only land staff on a blockade that big is not the smartest decision; it was a screwed up time for some of us so maybe they couldn't find someone willing to wake up, next time send her to me and I'll gladly walk her through before the blockade.
Roseh

[Jun 20, 2011 4:41:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sdafda

Sdafda, did you even read the thread? The whole blockade has already been explained in this thread. Ksb raised to 10k before the kade even began (or shortly after it started, can't remember, was playing Portal Prelude), gets outjobbed by 150 and pulls out after one round. How is that an interesting blockade? That is a paywar gone bad and a massive outjobbing, a three frig advantage is pretty insurmountable.

Are you still tailing me? Does your life lack something? Yes, that was a personal attack because sadly, you're not a decent enough person to respond to reasonably. It's funny because every single thread I post in, you post in it just to tart even if I say, "Nice work" or even "Good luck". That is incredibly sad. Stop acting like a guy with a vag and grow up.

Anyway, what made it interesting was that it reached 9,999 poe by the before the first round. As someone said earlier:

If you raise pay to the point where it doesn't go any higher, then you eliminate the ability raise pay when your jobbers behind.
Surprisingly they were still down by a hefty amount of jobbers although they reached max. If you don't find anything interesting then, I don't know what to tell you. I think it was pretty obvious that I read the whole thread, from page 1-4.
Sdafda on Sage

Jerich flag royalty chats, "This is why we have no friends.
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Sdafda at Jun 20, 2011 5:27:58 AM]
[Jun 20, 2011 5:20:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

No, contrary to what you have in your head I do not have a strange e-crush on you where I must post after everything you say, in fact, what happened here was I was reading through the forums and saw this thread and bothered to read it and saw your post and had a different opinion so I spoke about it, IMAGINE THAT! Sorry, I don't find anything interested about someone going "ROAAAAAAAAAAR let's throw PoE at the game!!" and busting out 10k pre-blockade and getting their ass kicked because the other side didn't back down. You find it interesting that Ksb / Cairna got outjobbed by 150 at even pay? I really don't, Ksb isn't that liked on Viridian and Cairna isn't that liked on Hunter, I'm sure they both have pull but they bot have enemies and Legacy has a pretty big web, not to mention, most of Viridian wanted Ksb off of Napi.

I don't post after every post you make, just the ones that make my palm have a sudden attraction to my face, which according to you is a hefty majority. That is incredibly sad. So are your personal attacks :/

Anyway, to Ksb, once you bring your personal life into the game and complain about it to people in the game, it's there. You put it there, so don't complain when people bring it up, because frankly, I have a hard time believing that the majority of people who read your rage thread from a year ago really gave a sh*t at the time.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Jun 20, 2011 6:30:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

I'd imagine if the raises weren't so steep and fast, from what I've been told, Legacy would've more than likely let you catch up in jobbing however because pay got pushed so fast they decided to not be dicked about and matched.
Seepnah
[Jun 20, 2011 6:43:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

There will be a time in life when you grow out of this game and find that everything that's being argued on VP is pointless and silly.

Just want to say, this is exactly why its fun, actually.
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Jun 20, 2011 6:55:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sav_

We seem to be shadowing the fact that Legacy raised from 7k to 9k when Legacy were ahead on jobbers.
[Jun 20, 2011 7:42:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Where you at the same blockade the rest of us where?
Roseh

[Jun 20, 2011 7:48:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sav_

I thought I saw (and was also told) that Legacy had raised from 7k to 9k.

I'm pretty sure Legacy raised at one point. I may be wrong, but there we go.
[Jun 20, 2011 7:54:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Narcissag

I thought I saw (and was also told) that Legacy had raised from 7k to 9k.

I'm pretty sure Legacy raised at one point. I may be wrong, but there we go.

Payment where:
666, 1000,2000, 3000, 4000, 6000, 7001, 7069 only maching WoA and with the 7069 we up to 7500, they up to 9999 legacy mach.

/edit1:missspelling dislexia D;!
Narci

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Narcissag at Jun 20, 2011 7:58:56 AM]
[Jun 20, 2011 7:57:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 126   Pages: 5   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates