• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 38
Posts: 38   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 16106 times and has 37 replies Next Thread
abacadafa

Re: Steam Reply to this Post

Get PP on STEAM. DO IT. JUST DO IT.

1) We don't know how the Steam people feel about the whole Free To Play model yet. Steam only has seven free to play games--the first batch of five in mid-June, followed by TF2 one week later, plus one extra game in mid-July, followed by the current month+ drought of new F2P games on Steam. They'll probably add more games, but they don't seem to be in a rush to do so at the moment.

2) In many places, it's either back to school time or very close to it. Y!PP has a traditional drop in playerbase size about right now. (I suppose that this could be argued as either "This is the WORST month to add Y!PP to Steam" or "This is why Y!PP must be on Steam, stat!").
----------------------------------------
[Aug 21, 2011 9:19:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ShooDaddy

Get PP on STEAM. DO IT. JUST DO IT.

1) We don't know how the Steam people feel about the whole Free To Play model yet. Steam only has seven free to play games--the first batch of five in mid-June, followed by TF2 one week later, plus one extra game in mid-July, followed by the current month+ drought of new F2P games on Steam. They'll probably add more games, but they don't seem to be in a rush to do so at the moment.

2) In many places, it's either back to school time or very close to it. Y!PP has a traditional drop in playerbase size about right now. (I suppose that this could be argued as either "This is the WORST month to add Y!PP to Steam" or "This is why Y!PP must be on Steam, stat!").

I see where you're coming from. As for the month to do it. Who doesn't like a free game? Steam is a network of people and Pp is free whether it is on Steam or not. I think students will be looking for cheap new games due to cost of school. Or a touch and go game do to time restrictions. I think PP caters to that style and the coming months.

It is also the period of the year where games don't come out till maybe October or mid winter for the holidays. Leaving a gap in the souls of gamers everywhere.
Possibly the sexiest pirate in the seven seas.
[Aug 21, 2011 11:38:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cnuofesd

Summer traditionally sees the peak numbers for players online. I have voiced my opinion on what I think is the best marketing strategy (Make individual puzzles into facebook apps and put them on flashy lights on the bejewelled page). There's your target market of players that will contribute to the game by working and keeping the social heirachy moving. (I wish I could find that post.)
Capablanca on Emerald
My posts are not my own opinion.
[Aug 22, 2011 2:59:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alec1000

The real question is, does OOO care anymore?
[Aug 28, 2011 4:17:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Akag

Does OOO care anymore?

They used to care =O? When was this?
[Aug 29, 2011 12:56:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CallMeSweeny

The real question is, does OOO care anymore?

Clue -- no.
Longjonslvr
Confused and Drunk

Artemis wrote:
Looks like most people voted for "ur mom."
[Aug 30, 2011 3:35:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ice_devil

Maybe

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?snr=1_4_4__12&term=Puzzle+Pirates

YPP is now on steam.
Hellacious/Hellaciouss/Defunct/Hamsterz
Capy tells ye, "I'm sorry... I don't know you well enough yet to allow you cam time!"
Plu tells ye, "screw you..Im interfering in every cade you ever contend&q
[Aug 31, 2011 10:52:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
abacadafa

Maybe

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?snr=1_4_4__12&term=Puzzle+Pirates

YPP is now on steam.

... and it's at the very, very bottom of the Steam charts, though this is way, way early. (Edit: yep, way early. YPP is at 529 players and climbing, which is enough to pass many games.) Doesn't look like YPP is going to get a TF2 pirate hat achievement, which is concerning, though.

Meanwhile, Spiral Knight's decline on Steam continues with no turnarounds in sight.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by abacadafa at Aug 31, 2011 11:35:30 AM]
[Aug 31, 2011 11:13:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 38   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates