• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1223 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
jssfreak1114

How to work the Island editor Reply to this Post

I been wondering how do you work the tile commands and the portals on the Island Editor...

when ever I put on a portal something comes up asking the Object Command... what is that, and what do I put there? theres also the buildings... when ye click on it, it too asks the Object COmmand, as I said, what do ye put there, and what is it?

My last question is... can you test the islands you make? I would really like to test mine.

Thanks
----------------------------------------

adelmo urr like the all nowing pirate guru

[Apr 4, 2005 7:23:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
emerson

Re: How to work the Island editor Reply to this Post

Don't worry about the portals--those aren't really part of the "external" island design phase.

The only arrow that you have to place is the dock arrow, facing outwards towards the sea. When you place it and the little window pops up, change the title to "dock" and leave the rest alone.

When you place buildings, what you're actually doing is placing the shells of buildings that Nemo or his demigods will transmogrify into actual buildings. They'll take care of the arrows, but you need to make sure there's enough room FOR an arrow.

Alas, there is no way for us mortals to test our islands at this stage. Some of us have been bitten by the "you can't get there from here" bug, but you learn soon enough to live with it, and what to avoid doing to prevent it from happening again.

Hope that helps some!
Cleaver shouts, "I lub this island."
Personally I think that TITS are a technique if they are used less than once every three moves. Any more than that, and you're just waving your exploits in their faces. - Flamer
[Apr 5, 2005 2:52:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
emerson

Woops, booched that a bit-- all references to "dock" should be replaced by "port."

Sorry about that.
Personally I think that TITS are a technique if they are used less than once every three moves. Any more than that, and you're just waving your exploits in their faces. - Flamer
[Apr 5, 2005 6:25:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

Anyone want to lend me a hand and explain how I install the unix version of the island editor onto osx?
I'm not sure if this is posted elsewhere so I tried searching, and following rules has never really been my thing before on the forums... :P
Can't teach an old dog new tricks

woof

Xephin,
Just cause I don't play and don't have a character in game doesn't mean I can't compete for in game prizes! :P
[Apr 5, 2005 8:16:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
emerson

It should install in a very similar way to how the game itself installs, though I am not OSX skilled, so I can't be any more specific.
[Apr 5, 2005 8:40:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ingvild

Anyone want to lend me a hand and explain how I install the unix version of the island editor onto osx?

I did it and it was painless - and I'm an old dog, so ye shouldn't have any problems. It unpacked into ~/yotools. Go into that directory and type ./yohoho and it should launch. The game itself is trickier because it wanted to do things I don't have permission to do on my work Mac, but that's another story (and one my husband fixed, so I don't know what was needed).

As ever, tell us yer specific error message or whatever and we'll have an easier time answering.
Yngvild
[Apr 5, 2005 9:00:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

It's downloading the .bin file which is a little over 100k. Then stuffit expander tries to open it and can't. That's about as far as I'm allowed to get with it...
Thanks for the help :)
[Apr 5, 2005 10:14:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
Weaver

xephin wrote: 
It's downloading the .bin file which is a little over 100k. Then stuffit expander tries to open it and can't. That's about as far as I'm allowed to get with it...
Thanks for the help :)

It's a self-installing tar file

Try running: sh blah.bin
on the command line.

Isn't there a mac version to use instead though?
Weaver - First Mate of Orange Revolution, Prince of Crimson Tide
Sword Patterns
[Apr 5, 2005 10:25:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://weaver.merold.net/pirates/swordcolours.php?sword=All [Link]  Go to top 
Skal

no fancy mac installer. Must run through the terminal.
Sadiekate
I know Tofu.
[Apr 5, 2005 2:01:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://sadiekate.deviantart.com [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates